• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Firewire

Banned
I has my Ultimate Edition! They also gave me a poster a Brady game guide (lol), and a GOW3 t-shirt.

Can't wait to start playing.

Okay, I'm stuck on
Hades. I can get him to the circle mini-game once and I destroy his left pectoral (lol), but then I just don't have enough health to get him to the next stage. I can't consistently avoid his scythe things either. Help?

nm, I beat it.

bryehn said:
I think some of you guys are playing his with blinders on. It feels squarely like GoW 2.5 in HD and unless it gets way, way better I doubt I'll even play it a second time.
110ys6g.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
george_us said:
Just got my copy like 20 minutes ago. Barely ten minutes into the game and I've already nearly peed my pants.

george_us
Pisses himself.
(Today, 01:54 AM)

Really not feeling it yet after about 3 hours, there's just nothing new here at all. The combat is bland, the QTEs are played-out and so far the bosses are ho-hum.

It looks great at times and the art direction is fantastic, but overall I'm getting a smeared, blurry feeling with a shitty, all-over-the-place framerate.

I think some of you guys are playing his with blinders on. It feels squarely like GoW 2.5 in HD and unless it gets way, way better I doubt I'll even play it a second time.

robin-look-o.gif

Lince

Banned
my local Media Markt received a first shipment of 85 units PS3 Slim 250 GB + GOW III packs, all gone in less than two hours. There were customers already picking boxes out as clerks were still trying to pile them up, insane, last time this happened was with the Wii launch. As for the game itself the collectors edition is selling at a similar (fast) rate as the regular edition, they have all Trilogy Editions already pre-ordered and sold out, all this info from the manager of the shop. Spain <3 Kratos

Pistolero

I think some of you guys are playing his with blinders on. It feels squarely like GoW 2.5 in HD and unless it gets way, way better I doubt I'll even play it a second time

Stig and his team must be crying their souls right now, for their loss and ours is inconsolable...

Looks and runs fantastic. It's god of war, as you know it, with crazy graphics.

I only played to the point of getting to hades again, and I probably won't put it back in until I'm through with FFXIII though.

Is it just me or is Titan mode harder in this than it used to be? I wasn't expecting myself to be swearing so early in the game.

johnnylineup

Neo Member
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm cursing myself for ordering the ultimate on amazon now. Estimated shipping isn't until the 22nd.

My rage will be in full force by the time I open that damn box

JambiBum

Game is gorgeous. But I did find out one interesting thing. Apparently you can't use certain off brand controllers with this game. My old ds3 had a problem with the O button so I decided to get a new one when I picked up GoWIII. Well I didn't want to spend 55 bucks on a new ds3 so I just got one of the official Gamestop controllers. I get home and try to play and I can hardly move at all. I can attack and move in a direction that way but as far as walking or climbing it just stutters every where. Game won't even let me open a chest. So I decided to try another game to see if it's my controller or game. Well the game I tried (was actually the GoWIII demo) worked just fine. Try other games and they work as well. Called gamestop and the guy says that sometimes Sony games have it to where you can't use unofficial Sony controllers with their games. Ended up having to get a DS3 anyway.

Has anyone else ever heard of this or was the GS clerk just talking out of his ass?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
ScrabbleBanshee said:
Is it just me or is Titan mode harder in this than it used to be? I wasn't expecting myself to be swearing so early in the game.
It's really hard. I spent thirty minutes in just one area alone today. o_o

Gotta learn to block better I guess.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
ScrabbleBanshee said:
Looks and runs fantastic. It's god of war, as you know it, with crazy graphics.

I only played to the point of getting to hades again, and I probably won't put it back in until I'm through with FFXIII though.

It is hard. Not frustrating though.

Animal

Banned
Just got my copy today, about to start playing.

I finished the first game but didn't play the second. Fuck it I don't care! :lol

Raw64life

Just got this. Now to face the conundrum I've known I was going to be in for months. Finish playing FFXIII, or dive right into GOWIII?

dominuece

It feels like I have a new tv when I'm playing this game. The graphics are yum! The best thing: seeing Kratos at like 2 pixels, and he is STILL doing the combos!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Rant from 2 hours into the game.
I'm in the Caverns, the part with the cubes attached to the chains... and this part is so goddamn frustrating. First the Minotaurs do mad damage and have mad health, so that's always fun but when I finally get to the final part after dying a few times... THE FUCKING CHAIN BREAK. ARGH. I'm taking a break before I punch my PS3.

pelicansurf said:
Rant from 2 hours into the game.
I'm in the Caverns, the part with the cubes attached to the chains... and this part is so goddamn frustrating. First the Minotaurs do mad damage and have mad health, so that's always fun but when I finally get to the final part after dying a few times... THE FUCKING CHAIN BREAK. ARGH. I'm taking a break before I punch my PS3.

L1 + Circle = Minotaurs die.

-PXG-

LiquidMetal14 said:
I decided to take a snapshot showing this part that I thought looked real. The lighting and all that is very impressive. It didn't turn out well since it looks even better on my Plasma but I will post anyways.....

4437638899_fa8e0f3d30_b.jpg

That bright light on the right is not flash, it's this crack that looks more defined and pronounced on my TV but the camera didn't capture it. Great HDR going on.

His in-game model is more detailed than the CG models in FF13 :lol :lol

I wanted to take a pic of that same part too :lol

Looks Like a Painting (tm) Seriously, it does.

Synless

polyh3dron said:
Is the framerate the same as the E3 demo though?

EDIT: if it varies between 30 and 60 then yes it is.
No way, it runs way better then that demo. The demo was a stuttering mess, the game runs amazing in comparison.

Just got mine from EB, won't be playing it until tonight because I hate playing games like this for the first time in the daylight. I'll be going on with Titan(hard) mode I don't care I just beat Demon's Souls NG+ so bring it on Zeus :D

So GAF what do I do now :/ ?

LowParry

Man, some people in here are either brainless or just don't have a damn clue what they're playing. :lol E3 demo quality? God of War 2.5? Are you fucking insane?:lol :lol :lol Did the first stage not treat you well? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sidenote: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Synless said:
No way, it runs way better then that demo. The demo was a stuttering mess, the game runs amazing in comparison.
I agree completely. Technically the game is still an unlocked 60 like the demo but that annoying judder is totally gone and the average FPS is a lot higher. The motion blur also makes everything look a lot smoother too.

i love when a game is so impressive that some posters attempt to bring it down a notch by making outrageous statements. so awesome.

so awesome in fact that i may skip class tonight to pick up my copy early and get to playin.

edit: BTW, I think many people on GAF owe Jaffe an apology for blasting him and his "painting" comment. If you apply what he said (and his meaning of it) to the game it seems most agree he was correct. Many of you were harsh in initial response.

Got up to the second save after beating
Poseidon
. This game is out of control both visually and gameplay-wise. I feel like playing Bayonetta before this might hurt my overall opinion of the game but it's still pretty fuckawesome. I'm also glad there's a clear group of villains to slaughter from the beginning.

BeeDog

CcrooK said:
Man, some people in here are either brainless or just don't have a damn clue what they're playing. :lol E3 demo quality? God of War 2.5? Are you fucking insane?:lol :lol :lol Did the first stage not treat you well? :lol :lol :lol :lol

Sidenote: :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I honestly don't think his post/impressions would be that dangerous if he just skipped FUCKING JUDGING everyone like an elitist (the "blinders" part). Stupid shit like that is what irks me, not his personal opinions.

I bet this is the reason why some people, when cornered, back up and scream "FANBOIZ" from the rooftops. :p

Top Bottom