• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

JambiBum said:
The part with the chests you are talking about happened to me when I first tried to play but it was a lot worse. I couldn't even move forward while holding the left stick. Kratos just kept stuttering around. Was pretty unplayable. Found out that if you use an off brand ps3 controller this game has problems with them. I bought a cheap gamestop brand controller because my original dual shock was broken. Controller worked fine for everything else just not the retail version of GoWIII

i was using a standard DS3 though. i remember seeing earlier in this thread that some people had bugs that went away when they loaded the game up for the second time though. really bizarre.

only other 2 cents i have for this game is that the fixed camera isn't as big of a deal as the reviews were making it out to be, and im sad that i am unable to upgrade my magic- only my weapons. :(
or is the phalanx thing the only one that's not upgradeable?

diddlyD

Banned
neojubei said:
How the heck are these graphics possible?

shined up for(by) the cell yo. literally!

my copy won't get here till saturday... maybe i can finish ffxiii by then. what a march this is.

Rugasuki

JambiBum said:
The part with the chests you are talking about happened to me when I first tried to play but it was a lot worse. I couldn't even move forward while holding the left stick. Kratos just kept stuttering around. Was pretty unplayable. Found out that if you use an off brand ps3 controller this game has problems with them. I bought a cheap gamestop brand controller because my original dual shock was broken. Controller worked fine for everything else just not the retail version of GoWIII

I have this problem frequently and I use a Dualshock3. (I noticed it a lot the second time I loaded up the game).

I'll also comment that double jump could have been tweaked a little more so it is easier to pull off without falling to your death.

Le-mo

I stopped after the fight with
Hades
and i can't believe what just happened.:lol this game is blowing my fking mind

noobie

Banned
How well is the game selling in your area or shop, if u have not ordered a home delivery.. Any rough estimates of yours.? Do u think it will do a million in NPD march ?

mjc

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with
Hades
....maybe I shouldn't have chosen to play this on hard mode first time through.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
soo, why the hell does L1+X change my weapon? That was my favorite move in the first two, and now it's a weapon toggle. :/

alr1ght

mjc said:
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with
Hades
....maybe I shouldn't have chosen to play this on hard mode first time through.

save all your magic for his second form, then rage of the titans for third form.

mjc

alr1ghtstart said:
save all your magic for his second form, then rage of the titans for third form.

What do you mean by form? I tore out part of his chest and got rid of it before it went back...was that his entry into the second form?

alr1ght

mjc said:
What do you mean by form? I tore out part of his chest and got rid of it before it went back...was that his entry into the second form?

well, stage of the fight. There are three (well sort of four)

RavenFox

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Don't know how anyone can look at the visuals and say they are not the most impressive to date. Unbelievable.
Just game from the gym back to my job to grab my awesomeness now hightailing to the train and no one better gets in my way:lol

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Damn, schlepping that ridiculous Ultimate Edition all the way from NY back to my NJ home was a pain in the ass. They almost fooled me with the Pandora Box's false bottom! Silly bastards, I almost thought there was an error at the factory and my package didn't come with a game, just an artbook!

N30RYU

Anyone having the UK version of the game can confirm if the game have language selector for audio/subtitles?

Thanks

Mejilan said:
Damn, schlepping that ridiculous Ultimate Edition all the way from NY back to my NJ home was a pain in the ass. They almost fooled me with the Pandora Box's false bottom! Silly bastards, I almost thought there was an error at the factory and my package didn't come with a game, just an artbook!

Pandora's box is awesome to keep everything God of War in place i.e. 1/2/3/PSP. Other than that, I didn't like that the soundtrack is digital download, the "videos" are separate download and not part of the game as DLC, and that it saves under "Game".

Animator

LiquidMetal14 said:
Hades
took me 25 tries :lol

10 tries for me on normal. Stupid alternating attacks grrrr. Glad I didnt listen to the "normal is too easy" people and started on normal anyway :lol

LiquidMetal14 said:
Then we agree?

No. There is no excuse to be not playing this game right this very minute. :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Animator said:
10 tries for me on normal. Stupid alternating attacks grrrr. Glad I didnt listen to the "normal is too easy" people and started on normal anyway :lol

No. There is no excuse to be not playing this game right this very minute. :D
TITAN here.

Oh and yes, GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
A few hours past the "demo". So glad that the "demo" level is entirely different than what they portrayed. Stopped the game right before a boss fight. Clocked in around 8 hrs (in-game time: 6 hrs. Yes, 2 hours of fuck up. Opening level was hard on hard! Rest, I got adjusted to).

So many awesome moments! Spoilers as follow:

I LOLed at "Rock of War" i.e. rhythm game. I WOWed at Hades boss fight. Fucking hard but brilliant and so worth it! Currently at Hercules boss fight.
The graphics are fucking off the hook and MLAA works brilliantly! Fuck the haters (i.e. "gaming journalists"), this is game of the decade!

jonabbey

diddlyD said:
shined up for(by) the cell yo. literally!

Yeah, GOW3 is using the Cell processor to do Morphological Anti-Aliasing.. basically, the game devotes 5 (!) SPUs to smoothing out all the edges between the polygons every frame. In some cases, this technique can rival 16x MSAA. Really, really, really smooth. The Cell also carries the load for all the geometry and a good deal of the lighting.

Mmm, mmm, good.

Also, all of the God of War games benefit a lot from that controlled camera. If there's a scene where they want to put the RAM/texture budget strictly on one point of view, they can do that.

Trevelyan

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Oh and yes, GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
A few hours past the "demo". So glad that the "demo" level is entirely different than what they portrayed. Stopped the game right before a boss fight. Clocked in around 8 hrs (in-game time: 6 hrs. Yes, 2 hours of fuck up. Opening level was hard on hard! Rest, I got adjusted to).

So many awesome moments! Spoilers as follow:

I LOLed at "Rock of War" i.e. rhythm game. I WOWed at Hades boss fight. Fucking hard but brilliant and so worth it! Currently at Hercules boss fight.
The graphics are fucking off the hook and MLAA works brilliantly! Fuck the haters (i.e. "gaming journalists"), this is game of the decade!

The
Hades
fight on Hard i thought wasn't too bad, however,
Hercules
was another story, He wrecked me pretty bad for a while before i figured it out. Otherwise, I feel Hard is about as hard as GOWII, which is a comfortable, challenging difficutly.

:OOOOO :O:O
65991.jpg

:OOOO

Btw, Titan mode is fucking HARD!

I really like how the different weapons change up Kratos' entire moveset. I was initially a little underwhelmed by the
Claws of Hades
, but after using them for a bit, they are really damn cool.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Don't know how anyone can look at the visuals and say they are not the most impressive to date. Unbelievable.
At times, it really has the best graphics on consoles. However, it can look rough in spots. The scale is really incredible. I'd still give the slight edge to Uncharted 2 but yeah GoW3 looks amazing.

Leatherface said:
7 hours in. GAF- this game is amazing. If you didn't buy it, you really need to! :D

I haven't bought it yet, I'm having my friend that works at SCEA order a copy on the cheap. Only downside is that it won't be here till next week.

Me and my penny pinching. -_-

Top Bottom