• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Need help with 2 treasure chest that are dangling in the room with mirrors. I can't find out a way to get to them any help?

This is definitely not spoilers anyways.

Ballistictiger said:
Need help with 2 treasure chest that are dangling in the room with mirrors. I can't find out a way to get to them any help?

This is definitely not spoilers anyways.

Turn the Ballista so it's facing North. Hermes Boots your way to the Orange mirror on the ceiling. Pull the level. Jump back in the Orange mirror and fire the Ballista.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
templeusox said:
I fuckin hate the pole dancers and hated them in GOW2. But you can spam circle (grab) and kill them pretty easily. If no one interferes, you can grab, throw them to the ground, grab them on the rebound and repeat.

By 'pole dancers', do you mean the satyrs with staffs/rods? If so, I fucking hated them in GoW II >:|

Satyrs are FUCKING BADASS!!! You guys just don't stand up for the challenge. He is the only "baddie" that fucking pushes you to the limit!

Oh and this was my face when I faced the second boss,
Hades
:

6b3cay9.gif

shagg_187 said:
Satyrs are FUCKING BADASS!!! You guys just don't stand up for the challenge. He is the only "baddie" that fucking pushes you to the limit!

Oh and this was my face when I faced the second boss,
Hades
:

6b3cay9.gif

That GIF! :lol

Man, I can't wait to pick this up and play it. I just read it's for sale here now (The Netherlands), so that's pretty cool and I'll probably just get it because I'll pass the store on my way home from work anyway, but I really have to finish God of War 1 and 2 HD first.

Currently, I'm 5.5 hours in with Gof of War 1.
I just did the Hades challenge, with the centaurs - am I close to finishing the game
???

Combichristoffersen

magicaltrevor said:
Currently, I'm 5.5 hours in with Gof of War 1.
I just did the Hades challenge, with the centaurs - am I close to finishing the game
???

You still have a few hours left, I'd say. Enjoy the spinning blade pillars in Hades when you get there :p

Combichristoffersen said:
You still have a few hours left, I'd say. Enjoy the spinning blade pillars in Hades when you get there :p

Haha, thanks!

Playing the first game now, really makes me hate myself that I never tried the game when it was first released. All I cared about was Metal Gear Solid and shooter games. I didn't really like 'hack-and-slash'-games.

I did play Shadow of the Colossus though, which was fucking fantastic.

But now I know God of War is so much more than just 'hack-and-slash'. I'm really enjoying the gameplay and the story, as well as the music and the artistic attention to detail.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Currently killed
Helios

Did I miss the
sex mini game
? :p

Combichristoffersen

ULTROS! said:
Currently killed
Helios

Did I miss the sex mini game? :p

Yes, you can
have sex with Helios' head once you've ripped it off. Give him a good skullfuck and all that.

Just kidding, I think the
sex mini-game
is later in the game, towards the end.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Damn, why does it have to be near the end (unlike in the start of the other GoW games). D:

Friday! Friday! Friday! Friday! Friday! Friday! Friday! Friday! :D

Even if this get's delivered tomorrow I still need to wait till Friday as my GF want's me to play through it with her.

Seriously, if the mail man comes tomorrow with it I'll probably set my dogs on him.

KillerAJD

Just finished the game. Absolutely amazing game.
FPS Kratos was amazing!
I don't know how I'm going to do some parts of the game on the harder difficulties, because that shit gets tough at times. I guess I'm just going to have to figure out which weapons are better against which enemies. Towards the end of the game, I became a beast at dodging attacks and immediately attacking with whatever weapons I had equipped. I actually think my biggest problem with the game was after awhile, you couldn't create anymore save games :lol. It pained me each time I had to overwrite a save :/ Oh, and on top of dodging a lot, I pretty much never fail to deflect attacks. It kinda scares me when I instinctively know when to parry throughout an entire fight.

A few questions:

1) Can I get 40 hours out of this game? I got 80+ hours out of Bayonetta.

2) What the hell are the challenge and arena modes? Reviews mention they are there, but not else much is said about them. From I gather challenge mode consists of 7 challenges, and I have no clue as to what arena mode is.

Just beat it. Must've been a little over 9 hours for me.

Heck of a game, although I feel that the second one is the "Empire Strikes Back" of this trilogy, if you will. Better than the first, but doesn't quite reach the heights of the second, imo. Gets close on multiple occasions, though.

The ending was interesting; not certain if I feel satisfied quite yet or not, but the more I ponder over it, the more it fits together quite nicely.

I still rrrrrreeeeaaaallllly want them to keep that epilogue in mind, though. Stig said that, should they decide to work on it, it'd be a free DLC package. I would be all over that.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

That is one reason why i do not want to replay the game.

Combichristoffersen

neojubei said:
That is one reason why i do not want to replay the game.

They drove me nuts the first time I played through GoW 1 :lol On the following playthroughs they were easier to deal with as I knew what to do and how to get past them. But Hades is an insanely frustrating level the first time through GoW 1.

I'm sure its been posted already, but Famitsu gave GoW3 a 38/40. (10,9,9,10)

For comparison's sake:

Uncharted 2: 37/40
Dante's Inferno: 32/40
DMC4: 35/40
Bayonetta: 40/40
GoW2: 37/40
GoW1: Couldnt find it. If anyone knows, post it and i'll edit it in.

-DarKaoZ- said:
Ending Spoilers

So... that was the ending? What happen to Athena?! What happen to the world?! Why is Athena the only one that turn into a spirit (besides Zeus)??? Why the fuck Kratos needed the pandora box to kill Zeus? I mean he was able to kill the rest of the gods, but for Zeus and Ares he needed Pandora WTF!? ... I don't know wtf happen...

The bigger question is:
Did Kratos just become the God of Hope for a few seconds? Hope is now badass, confirmed.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
palpabl_purpura said:
A few questions:

1) Can I get 40 hours out of this game? I got 80+ hours out of Bayonetta.

2) What the hell are the challenge and arena modes? Reviews mention they are there, but not else much is said about them. From I gather challenge mode consists of 7 challenges, and I have no clue as to what arena mode is.
How would we know? There are extras and stuff in the Ultimate Edition that add replay to the game.

Combichristoffersen

Fimbulvetr said:
The bigger question is:
Did Kratos just become the God of Hope for a few seconds? Hope is now badass, confirmed.

Hm......
Jesus brought hope to humanity. Kratos brought hope to humanity. Kratos = Jesus confirmed? Paging Kotaku for breaking rumour.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Can we all agree that the
Poseidon
battle will go on to be the most epic moment in gaming in 2010 if not the entire generation?

Wizman23

Banned
Dogenzaka said:
I agree. The team should have taken a hint from Heavy Rain. These peripheral-QTE's are easy to hit, but they cause me to not focus on the center where all the action is going on sometimes. Wish they just put the button right on where I'm killing something.

Wow completely disagree. Putting the QTE at the edges of the screen allows for you to actually focus on the action center screen. If you are watching the edge of your screen then you are playing the game wrong. Heavey rain was a massive cluster fuck when it came to QTE because you were focused on looking for button icons instead of the actual game.

man, I'm loving this game so far. Grabbed it last night and all the other stuff I picked up went immediately on hold.

The camera movement and the blur effects and the animation are some of the best I've ever seen

Cruzader

Banned
Hey guys, question about the sex mini game. Is it like previous GOW games where you have to look for the place or will you find it on your way? Thing is, I dont want to have to go through it if Im playing with others watching...:D

All I want to know is how soon(GOW2 soon or no?) and if you sorta have to go out of your way to do it.(breaking a wall to find it or something) Dont be too specific please. I havent seen what it is that you do to the lady(s).

Getting my copy today with PD/Splinter Cell demo later on 360....good shit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so addicted to FFXIII. To buy this tomorrow and play it relatively quickly, and then get back to FFXIII, or to wait until I finish FFXIII... hmm.

Just did that part yesterday, I was so tempted to break my controller. Finally got past it though.

Also did the part where you had to kick a stone across a cave before the spikes came up to get to the red necklace. That was also a test of my patience.

Combichristoffersen

Cruzader said:
Hey guys, question about the sex mini game. Is it like previous GOW games where you have to look for the place or will you find it on your way? Thing is, I dont want to have to go through it if Im playing with others watching...:D

All I want to know is how soon(GOW2 soon or no?) and if you sorta have to go out of your way to do it.(breaking a wall to find it or something) Dont be too specific please. I havent seen what it is that you do to the lady(s).

Getting my copy today with PD/Splinter Cell demo later on 360....good shit.

AFAIK it's an integral part of the plot, so you can't miss it. And it's towards the end of the game, I think.

storybook77 said:
Just did that part yesterday, I was so tempted to break my controller. Finally got past it though.

Also did the part where you had to kick a stone across a cave before the spikes came up to get to the red necklace. That was also a test of my patience.

The
'stone kicking'
puzzle never bothered me half as much as the
'push the cage up that hill'
puzzle. Good lord did the latter made me rage.

Cruzader

Banned
wow first time its part of the game, normally its something optional that you have to look for.(except CoO if I remember)

Thanx for that.

Combichristoffersen

Cruzader said:
wow first time its part of the game, normally its something optional that you have to look for.(except CoO if I remember)

Thanx for that.

Yeah, you have to
engage in the sex minigame with Aphrodite to get information (I don't know exactly what sort of information)

GODDAMN!

GAME still haven't shipped my Ultimate edition. They've been sitting "picking and packing" it for 2 whole days. WTF!!!

Anyone had there's shipped yet?

I got through the
Hades
on hard after giving up on it for an hour than coming back. I am loving this game, it looks beautiful. I can't wait to play more of it.
Realm of Hades
is awesome.

I wish I didn't have work today, so I could just play this game all day long.

JB1981

I am crazy impressed w/ how the game looks but I am not sure if 30fps w/ blur is the way to go for a game like this. I played God of War Collection right before this and I find the controls a little sluggish and a lack of screen 'visibility' due to the blur and reduced framerate. Again, the graphics engine is superb but I think not sticking to 60fps for game of this style may have not been the right choice. Sometimes I feel like I can't see what is going on ......

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
JB1981 said:
I am crazy impressed w/ how the game looks but I am not sure if 30fps w/ blur is the way to go for a game like this. I played God of War Collection right before this and I find the controls a little sluggish and a lack of screen 'visibility' due to the blur and reduced framerate. Again, the graphics engine is superb but I think not sticking to 60fps for game of this style may have not been the right choice. Sometimes I feel like I can't see what is going on ......
I've had no issues with the design choice. I did turn brightness up.

Kos Luftar said:
I got through the
Hades
on hard after giving up on it for an hour than coming back. I am loving this game, it looks beautiful. I can't wait to play more of it.
Realm of Hades
is awesome.

I wish I didn't have work today, so I could just play this game all day long.

Just past
Hades
and while it is a good set piece, I found the fight itself to be pretty standard.

I seem to be having some issue with the sound design. Playing in 7.1 and the SBL and SBR channels seem to be much higher then everything else. My set up is perfect for every other game/movie, but for this one I have to actually change levels substantially. The combat sounds also seem generally muted and lacking in punch relative to previous entries in the series.

I am loving the combat. This is definitely what the series needed and, while it is similar to the other two games, they have refined things enough that it is very refreshing and retooled things (
Rage of Sparta and magic being tied to weapons
) enough to bring a lot more depth to the table.

Thus far in the game (
just past Hades
) the set pieces are fantastic (
loved the tomb of Ares and Persephone's face during the Hades fight
) and the graphics are so clean (
except for Haphaestus who looks like utter crap imo
).

Definitely looking forward to getting back into it. Fantstic game SSM, Stig and Crew (
I love the not so subtle 300-esque graphic effects during certain elements
).

Cruzader

Banned
Katana_Strikes said:
GODDAMN!

GAME still haven't shipped my Ultimate edition. They've been sitting "picking and packing" it for 2 whole days. WTF!!!

Anyone had there's shipped yet?
Did you order from Amazon??

If you did, email them and tell them your situation, specially if you have Prime. You might get a $10 off code for you next purchase.

Top Bottom