• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Stuneseht

AgentWhiskersX said:
I think it just looks cool.

First person crevice maneuvering in Killzone 3 confirmed? I believe so.

I like the upclose look; you could see all the details that went into Kratos.

Plus, it's better than the way metal gear Solid 3 did it.... climbing a latter for what seemed like 5 minutes :lol

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Click said:
It really does look like a painting in motion.
David Jaffe was right all along! :lol
That's because it is a painting. Cronos wasn't just lugging that temple around all the time.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DaCocoBrova said:
Fuck this cursed R2 button that I keep hitting accidentally, resulting in me using magic when I don't want to. I hate these triggers!!!1
It scared the the shit out of me over and over again with the Spartan Army magic. :lol

VariantX04

Rez said:
It scared the the shit out of me over and over again with the Spartan Army magic. :lol
Doesn't that shit look like the GAF logo sometimes?

EDIT: Well, if you squint. Really really hard. And possibly do some pretending.

rhino4evr

KennyLinder said:
Just got the UK version and noticed it supports 720p and 1080i, 1080p not mentioned. Does the US version support 1080p?
My game converted to 720p when I loaded it up...is there a way to get 1080p

GoW3 media kit

de9hl.jpg

6xsuc7.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/god-of-war-iii-out-now-media-kit-unveiled/

VariantX04

SolidSnakex said:
GoW3 media kit

http://i44.tinypic.com/de9hl.jpg
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/6xsuc7.jpg

[url]http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/god-of-war-iii-out-now-media-kit-unveiled/[/url][/QUOTE]
Why couldn't some of this stuff have been included in the [i]Ultimate[/i] edition?

rhino4evr

AgentWhiskersX said:
Why couldn't some of this stuff have been included in the Ultimate edition?
Because Sony would rather spend their money on the media that promotes their product and leave the cheap stuff for the fans and buying public

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sorry if this has been asked, but any UK shops doing any good deals on this? Such as good trade in deals and the like, wasn't going to buy it today but I'm easily tempted.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AgentWhiskersX said:

I think you need to take a break away from GAF. :lol

Ashes

Banned
rhino4evr said:
Because Sony would rather spend their money on the media that promotes their product and leave the cheap stuff for the fans and buying public

not sure if serious.

Anyways, just got into the game and my god, this thing starts off like a rocket. And its got such a clean look even though there's so much going on. What kind of AA have they got under the hood?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
AgentWhiskersX said:

Yes.

When you're drunk and on crack

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Click said:
It really does look like a painting in motion.
David Jaffe was right all along! :lol

Yea, in my opinion Jaffe was right.

SolidSnakex said:

Why wasn't this the special edition!!!!!!!!

Had to pull this comment from the blog

2. Was given for FREE to people that get loads of things for free and don’t appreciate it.

Isn't that always the case, ugh.

kikanny

Anyone know where I can get a wallpaper of the image (the 2 eyes) that appears when you highlight the god of war 3 disc on the ps3?

ShinAmano

Anyone have any skin codes they want to share or trade? I have the
Morpheus
armor code from 7-11...would like the gamestop and
Apollo
one.

LosDaddie

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
So, what's the general consensus on GoW 3's graphics; are they the best seen to date in any console game?

It's fairly easy to predict what the general consensus would be on GAF. Personally, I'd put GoW3's graphics in the Top 5 this gen. Absolutely stunning.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
AgentWhiskersX said:
To be honest, I don't remember Uncharted 2 ever looking that good.
It does.

Tom Penny

sleeping_dragon said:
is it me? but i still find the Uncharted 2 screen is more impressive out of the 3 . *run*

I think UC2 has better graphics than GOW III overall and had ND made this game it would look even better than it already does.

Can anyone give me a list of all the bosses. Someone told me I'm about halfway through the game
I just beat Hercules
and he says the ammount of bosses battles drops significantly, which if true is a tad dissapointing.

Ok, shit is just getting stupid now. Everything was going so well with this game and I was completely stunned by its looks, but now I am about ready to give up. There is a very definite point in this game where I feel SSM just decided to stop trying to balance things out and I have spent the last 30 minutes of game time (about 3-4hrs of my time) in an almost constant state of frustration. Very rarely am I faced with situations where I honestly think that I will not be capable of proceeding but this game has been throwing situations at me now where luck has been the only thing that has allowed me to get through.

Also, i absolutely fucking hate constantly being asked if I want to reduce the difficulty in a game just because I die at a point a few times. Ask me once and make it a god damned menu item. Honestly, I feel like that simple question is one of the most condecending elements in many action games. If you are going to make a point in the game obscenely difficult then so be it, but don't patronize me if I happen to stumble at that point. Giving me one more screen and button prompt does not alleviate my frustration.

On another note though, is there a way to stop the boots of Hermes from locking on? As it is they seem almost useless as a dodging tool as the always immediately lock onto the centre of action. Locking onto something that isn't affected by the rush attack tends to only make situations worse.

ShinAmano

the_prime_mover said:
Also, i absolutely fucking hate constantly being asked if I want to reduce the difficulty in a game just because I die at a point a few times. Ask me once and make it a god damned menu item. Honestly, I feel like that simple question is one of the most condecending elements in many action games. If you are going to make a point in the game obscenely difficult then so be it, but don't patronize me if I happen to stumble at that point. Giving me one more screen and button prompt does not alleviate my frustration.
Lol...the screen makes me want to kill even harder then before...I think it is a win.

Salz01

Tom Penny said:
I think UC2 has better graphics than GOW III overall and had ND made this game it would look even better than it already does.

I think they both look good, but saying GOW3 would look better had ND made it, is kind of lame.

JaseC

It's unfortunate the total playing time the game reports doesn't take into account retries. I've just reached
Palace of Hades
and my save is saying it's taken me 2.5 hours to get here. The total time I've spent playing game is somewhere between double and triple that - the first boss
(Poseidon)
alone took me a good 2 hours or so. :lol

LowParry

Today my epic journey will be coming to an end. Last boss time. Titan mode. That fucker is going down this time. I will have my revenge!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kos Luftar said:
I think GoW3's character models look better than UC2's. Especially when you compare Kratos to any from UC2.

Yea, especially att he fact Kratos isn't wearing much. The in-game model of Kratos looks like CG

Pistolero

I think UC2 has better graphics than GOW III overall and had ND made this game it would look even better than it already does

Artistically, U2 will remain on top for quite some time, the attention given to textures, details and colours is absolutely phenomenal. However, GOWIII does things on a much more impressive scale, with more going on on the screen, a better AA and an even more clever use of lighting and motion blur. So technically, U2, imo of course, has been dethroned.

VariantX04

CcrooK said:
Today my epic journey will be coming to an end. Last boss time. Titan mode. That fucker is going down this time. I will have my revenge!
If the power cuts out will you please go to your electricity provider and yell at the top of your lungs "YOU DENY ME MY REVENGE?"

LosDaddie

Banned
ShinAmano said:
Anyone have any skin codes they want to share or trade? I have the
Morpheus
armor code from 7-11...would like the gamestop and
Apollo
one.

I have the GS code and haven't used it yet. What does the
Morpheus
armor look like?

LowParry

Pistolero said:
Artistically, U2 will remain on top for quite some time, the attention given to textures, details and colours is absolutely phenomenal. However, GOWIII does things on a much more impressive scale, with more going on on the screen, a better AA and an even more clever use of lighting and motion blur. So technically, U2, imo of course, has been dethroned.

Either way, Sony can say "It only does" with these games and no one else can. :D I'm looking forward to the rest of the year to see if these games will get topped over. 2010 is awesome!

LowParry

AgentWhiskersX said:
If the power cuts out will you please go to your electricity provider and yell at the top of your lungs "YOU DENY ME MY REVENGE?"

If that were to happen, I'd take that as a sign of the final boss really pissed off. 4D confirmed!

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
the_prime_mover said:
Ok, shit is just getting stupid now. Everything was going so well with this game and I was completely stunned by its looks, but now I am about ready to give up. There is a very definite point in this game where I feel SSM just decided to stop trying to balance things out and I have spent the last 30 minutes of game time (about 3-4hrs of my time) in an almost constant state of frustration. Very rarely am I faced with situations where I honestly think that I will not be capable of proceeding but this game has been throwing situations at me now where luck has been the only thing that has allowed me to get through.

On another note though, is there a way to stop the boots of Hermes from locking on? As it is they seem almost useless as a dodging tool as the always immediately lock onto the centre of action. Locking onto something that isn't affected by the rush attack tends to only make situations worse.

Are you playing on Titan, or Chaos?

I agree with your point though...it annoys me too to get asked over and over. Especially if my death right before being asked was something really stupid on my part, like accidentally jumping or rolling off an edge. :lol

RavenFox

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
GoW3 media kit

http://i44.tinypic.com/de9hl.jpg[/mg]
[img]http://i41.tinypic.com/6xsuc7.jpg[/mg]

[url]http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/god-of-war-iii-out-now-media-kit-unveiled/[/url][/QUOTE]
[b]Fuck You Sony[/b]. You mean really I couldn't get some of this stuff in my Ultimate edition?? Also how hard was it to give us a wooden box?
edit: I just realize carving a wooden box to look like Pandora's would not not have been feasible.

JaseC

Ashes1396 said:
Anyways, just got into the game and my god, this thing starts off like a rocket. And its got such a clean look even though there's so much going on. What kind of AA have they got under the hood?

It uses Morphological AA (MLAA), done via the SPUs. It's practically bullshot-quality AA and less resource-intensive than even 2xMSAA (when spread across multiple SPUs, anyway, as SSM have done).

Top Bottom