• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Ezio said:
So, I got my ultimate edition, opened it up and all I got was the game and artbook. No soundtracks, no codes, nadda. Already have a ticket open with ebgames.com

The game itself, as I'm sure has been said here many times, is amazing.

The codes to download all the stuff included with Ultimate Edition (US) is inside the game case itself.

Patrick Bateman said:
Yeah GOW3 is locking great etc. but what is it with the double jumps and glides? It's so hard to perfom and I fell down some shitty hole I would've never fell down in GOW 1 and 2..
A lot have people have had this problem, although strangely, I never once had a problem double-jumping. A SSM guy said it's a problem with collision detection and basically, you have to jump a little before the edge of the platform instead of going all the way to the very edge and then jumping.

Dude Abides

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Yeah GOW3 is locking great etc. but what is it with the double jumps and glides? It's so hard to perfom and I fell down some shitty hole I would've never fell down in GOW 1 and 2..

I am also having a bit of trouble with this. The double jump seems slightly unresponsive. I had this issue with Darksiders as well - I wonder if my DS3 has some kind of problem with the X button.

El-Suave

God of War 3 truck courtesy of PlayStation Czech Republic:

4445007495_5fdc531875_b.jpg

4445007399_5cba830215_b.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/kratos-on-the-road/

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
The glide/double jumps work like clock work over here. The R1 to open chest issues where he'll start, then stop the chest opening animation has happened a lot though.

Alastor

Challenge of Exile (from LE) completed... my thumbs :\ "Swith blade" was a bitch, you really have to be lucky to successfully finish that. I've killed the last enemy in my last remaining second. "Hades' kids 2" also was VERY hard, but doable. Overall, these bonus challenges are way harder than Challenges of Olympus.

Shame they removed the rankings, now it's just "completed or not completed", you can't even check your records.

Oh, and one more thing.... that DLC was an unlock key, so bonus content is already on the disc... I should be pissed, but the game is phenomenal, so I forgive you that, Santa Monica.

Also, there's no reward for Exile. Definitely should be...

Ezio

Odd that I didn't see them in there anywheres. I must check this when I get home, thanks.

webcivilian said:
The codes to download all the stuff included with Ultimate Edition (US) is inside the game case itself.

John

I haven't completely beaten the game yet (
battling Zeus at the moment
) but seriously, what a damned letdown. I mean the combat's better than ever, but there just isn't that much of it (especially against "normal" enemies), and the story gets dumb as fuck.
They thought Kratos needed a foil? How about KILLER and KILLEE. The only foils Kratos needs are the people whose faces he's smashing in. It wouldn't be terrible if there was some sort of point behind it all, but the whole thing just involved five-word sentences about "hope" and "fear." If I were the writer I'd have asked them to leave my name out of the opening credits.
The giant battles against people 3239400 times your size look nice and everything, but I'm totally zoning out on them. They're boring to play. All the puzzles are dull, too, nothing more than pressing the obvious switch. Remember those beautiful sections of God of War I where combat and puzzle were integrated, like pushing a soldier in a cage uphill into a sacrificial pit while fending off enemies? Of course you do, because it was fucking awesome. Pressing the lever to open the door when there's nothing else to do is just a waste of time.

Maybe they're just out of ideas. I'm anxious to see what SSM will do after this, because a change from Kratos after all these years for them will probably help.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
El-Suave said:
God of War 3 truck courtesy of PlayStation Czech Republic:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2537/4445007495_5fdc531875_b.jpg
[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2794/4445007399_5cba830215_b.jpg

[URL="http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/kratos-on-the-road/"]http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/03/19/kratos-on-the-road/[/URL][/QUOTE]
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I'd probably shit myself if I saw that on the highway.

kikanny

John said:
) but seriously, what a damned letdown. I mean the combat's better than ever, but there just isn't that much of it (especially against "normal" enemies), and the story gets dumb as fuck.
They thought Kratos needed a foil? How about KILLER and KILLEE. The only foils Kratos needs are the people whose faces he's smashing in. It wouldn't be terrible if there was some sort of point behind it all, but the whole thing just involved five-word sentences about "hope" and "fear." If I were the writer I'd have asked them to leave my name out of the opening credits.
The giant battles against people 3239400 times your size look nice and everything, but I'm totally zoning out on them. They're boring to play. All the puzzles are dull, too, nothing more than pressing the obvious switch. Remember those beautiful sections of God of War I where combat and puzzle were integrated, like pushing a soldier in a cage uphill into a sacrificial pit while fending off enemies? Of course you do, because it was fucking awesome. Pressing the lever to open the door when there's nothing else to do is just a waste of time.

Maybe they're just out of ideas. I'm anxious to see what SSM will do after this, because a change from Kratos after all these years for them will probably help.
Wait....ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

Alastor

John said:
Remember those beautiful sections of God of War I where combat and puzzle were integrated, like pushing a soldier in a cage uphill into a sacrificial pit while fending off enemies? Of course you do, because it was fucking awesome. Pressing the lever to open the door when there's nothing else to do is just a waste of time.

Lots of people complained that that particular part was hard, so maybe they listened and excluded that kind of gameplay from the third one on purpose.

GeoramA

Finally died for the first time. Those fucks with claws that come up from underground.

By far my most hated enemy in the entire trilogy.

Dogenzaka

Banned
kikanny said:
Wait....ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

You'd be surprised how many people who have beaten the game are disappointed by certain aspects of the game.

The combat was incredibly improved, the graphics are mindblowing, and the scale in two areas of the game are crazy.

But much of anything else...

John said:

You're crazy. And what is this
"foil"
that you speak of? What does that even mean. Are you referring to the whole story with
Pandora? I thought that was one of the more refreshing parts of the game because there actually was a little bit of emotion to Kratos (other than RAGE!!!1!1).

tzare

GeoramA said:
Finally died for the first time. Those fucks with claws that come up from underground.

Darksiders has a similar enemy and is also fucking annoying :D

Sallokin

I just had the weirdest glitch ever in
Hades right after you fight the hammer guys for the first time
I moved on and jumped over a pit and it didn't load the rest of the stage beyond the archway there. It looked like a crazy tracer kaleidoscope effect and as soon as I ran in to it I'd fall off the map. Had to reload the entire stage. At first I thought it was some sort of trial from
Hades
but after about 10 minutes I guessed it was probably not some balls hard puzzle but a glitch :lol

Halcyon

tzare said:
Darksiders has a similar enemy and is also fucking annoying :D

I'm just playing on normal, but when i got to those guys I found that if you press L1+O he'll throw his blades at them while they're in the ground and pull them out, then you can grab them and smash on them. Makes them alot easier to fight.

Jtones

Banned
GeoramA said:

No man, it's the weird guys with the long swordlike thingies with two bladeS.

John

Alastor said:
Lots of people complained that that particular part was hard, so maybe they listened and excluded that kind of gameplay from the third one on purpose.

Damnit, man.

GeoramA said:

They were really easy this time around since you could L1-O (remote grab) them out of the ground. In the past though, yeah, those guys were impossible.

CrayzeeCarl said:
You're crazy. And what is this
"foil"
that you speak of? What does that even mean. Are you referring to the whole story with
Pandora? I thought that was one of the more refreshing parts of the game because there actually was a little bit of emotion to Kratos (other than RAGE!!!1!1).

Yeah, her. Now I haven't played Chains of Olympus, so maybe there's some perspective I don't have, since to me Kratos' family was basically avenged in the first game and that's that. But there isn't even much "RAGE!!!1!1" in God of War III Kratos. He's just kind of annoyed. He doesn't feel as driven, or as purposeful in this game.

Lifejumper said:
Man, fuck Satyrs. I want to play as a Satyr in the next God of War.

Yeah, those fuckers owned me like 10 times on titan mode. :(

Edit: I avoided them on my third play-through of GOW 2 because they god damn pisses me off...

Dogenzaka

Banned
John said:
Damnit, man.

They were really easy this time around since you could L1-O (remote grab) them out of the ground. In the past though, yeah, those guys were impossible.

Yeah, her. Now I haven't played Chains of Olympus, so maybe there's some perspective I don't have, since to me Kratos' family was basically avenged in the first game and that's that. But there isn't even much "RAGE!!!1!1" in God of War III Kratos. He's just kind of annoyed. He doesn't feel as driven, or as purposeful in this game.

Well, I actually sympathized for Kratos in the first 2 games.

Having finished the third, I find Kratos to just be a moron and immature.

RavenFox

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
This was explained a few pages back. Buddy at Santa Monica
Saito said:
I had this issue as well and it has nothing to do with lag really.

Basically, they changed the way collision worked for this game. Instead of putting the collision past each ledge (so you would end up falling off) like they did in the other games it seems, they put it right at the edge which causes ankle collision. It took me about half the game to get used to it. What it means is that you basically need to jump early and not run to the edge of a ledge in order to jump or else you will hit that mini-invisible wall. They did that so players wouldn't fall off ledges just by walking toward them. Its a bit counter intuitive for most gamers since most are used to running to edges to jump.

-Saito

anddo0

I just wanted to say the
music puzzle
is by far the lamest thing I've ever seen in a GoW game, so out of place.

GeoramA

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Easy mode, amirite? :D
Nah, I always play on normal my first playthrough.

John said:
Thanks, I think I tried everything except L1+O.

Violater

anddo0 said:
I just wanted to say the
music puzzle
Agreed it could have been done much differently and stayed true to the series, for example a QTE session of physically smashing some screaming victims to the notes :lol

kikanny

anddo0 said:
I just wanted to say the
music puzzle
Yup...the only remotely bad thing I can say about an otherwise mindblowing game! They could have made that part into something more interesting. Oh well...I guess they were just experimenting.

Le-mo

anddo0 said:
I just wanted to say the
music puzzle
So true, when I saw the PlayStation buttons I thought I was going crazy. :lol

kikanny

TrAcEr_x90 said:
ahhh shit, i totally forgot about that move and using it on them.
That is probably the most effective move yet. It works on harpies, those underground thingies, cyclops, minotaurs, sirens, etc.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I can't wait to see some cocky bastard attempt the Chaos difficulty with Hera's Chalice activated. I can imagine that the rage ensuing from that would rival even Kratos'.

-PXG-

I just watched some of the behind the scenes videos.

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

This game isn't possible. There is no way SSM didn't use a time machine or some Haitian voodoo on this game. No way.

Tom Penny

kikanny said:
That is probably the most effective move yet. It works on harpies, those underground thingies, cyclops, minotaurs, sirens, etc.

It my favorite move. On taller enemies combine it with L1 and square and it's very effective.

Just game across a bug in the game. I'm fighting the big
scorpion
and i'm jumping using triangle to do heavy attacks with the weapon you get from
Hercules
(you have to jump and do a heavy attack for the attack to register because it wont register when you do a ground heavy attack on the
scorpion
) and i get into one of the corners and i end up getting stuck. I can move but i just cant get out of that certain corner that i'm stuck in and the big
scorpion
can't hit me either. I'll just have to start over. Not a big deal. Loving the fucking game though.

AgentWhiskersX said:
Seriously, how the fuck is this their first game this gen?

want to know something even more crazy? apparently Stig estimates they're only pushing about 60%-70% of ps3 power and confident they can push it even more for their next game.

sounds crazy, Naughty Dog also said something similar when they first release Uncharted 1.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
John said:
Remember those beautiful sections of God of War I where combat and puzzle were integrated, like pushing a soldier in a cage uphill into a sacrificial pit while fending off enemies? Of course you do, because it was fucking awesome.

If you seriously think that fuckshit craptastic dick-awful puzzle was 'fantastic', you, my good man, are a very, very twisted person :|

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
-PXG- said:
I just watched some of the behind the scenes videos.

HOLY

FUCKING

SHIT

This game isn't possible. There is no way SSM didn't use a time machine or some Haitian voodoo on this game. No way.

Oh man i need to see those videos.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Just played for hours straight.

Holy fucking shit

This game is insane. What in the fuck, this is like the greatest game ever made or something.

Aphrodite's room, you know the rest

Dogenzaka

Banned
Combichristoffersen said:
If you seriously think that fuckshit craptastic dick-awful puzzle was 'fantastic', you, my good man, are a very, very twisted person :|

I'll say this:
It shouldn't take you more than 2 tries if you you let the block rest on the ledges between Poseidon Rages and square-square-triangle. Easy shit.

Top Bottom