• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
DeadGzuz said:
Sounds like you did :D
Meh, I was never gonna play LBP again and I doubt I would've replayed inFamous, maybe go through once more on Good. Combined the value without the deal was like $17 so I made out pretty good. Even selling on GAF I would have been lucky to get $40.

Holy shit @ this game. Words cannot and will not describe how awesome. The 1st part blew me away and that was just the opening credits.:lol

The part after that... I'd have looked like I was catching flies the whole goddamn time :O

If the game can somehow top that... what in the? I don't even...

Katana_Strikes said:
Holy shit @ this game. Words cannot and will not describe how awesome. The 1st part blew me away and that was just the opening credits.:lol

The part after that... I'd have looked like I was catching flies the whole goddamn time :O

If the game can somehow top that... what in the? I don't even...
Related to this: It's kind of amazing 99% of retail games cost the same amount. It's like a Ferrari costing the same as a Kia.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Just beat it now, fairly good though somewhat of a disappointment. Not nearly as good as 2 and the epic scale really isn't their like what was shown in the first extended trailer. Also glad I canceled my preorder and just rented it as the game only took 9 hours to beat.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
BSTF said:
Just beat it now, fairly good though somewhat of a disappointment. Not nearly as good as 2 and the epic scale really isn't their like what was shown in the first extended trailer. Also glad I canceled my preorder and just rented it as the game only took 9 hours to beat.

BSTF
this post rates 1/10

sillik

Banned
Just finished the game. I'm still recovering from the relentless assault of balls/wall awesome. The graphics, Jesus christ. I thought we sorta hid a ceiling but this game is so gorgeous. the best IQ in a console game ever. I hope all of sony's first party titles will utilize this new AA tech. As for the game itself, let's just say this he first game in over 10 years that I played in one sitting. Fuck. So good..

Now, somebody please link me to the spoiler thread. NEED TO VENT.

Blablurn

it seems like people expected a much bigger ending but come on. i might be wrong but didn't they say the
chronus battle
took them a year to make? it's not like they had an unlimited amount of money and time. i really enjoyed the ending.

I'm stuck on Chronos.

I've taken off his fingernail, and I'm now stuck in an infinite loop of dodging his attacks and trying not to get blown off his arm and nothing is happening. When he brings his hand down I try attacking the fingers, I've tried every weapon and item I have, running around the enviroment to see if there's a trigger I've missed and nothing. The infinitely respawning enemies have even stopped dropping orbs (which is a cheap fucking balance trick that I've never liked, if you're a developer worried about players grinding the respawns the answer is not to have infinite respawns).

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Combichristoffersen said:
BSTF
this post rates 1/10

Combichristoffersen

And yeah I know I should learn my lesson not to buy into hype by now.

Also, the battering ram makes too many sections too easy.

Die Squirrel Die said:
I'm stuck on Chronos.

I've taken off his fingernail, and I'm now stuck in an infinite loop of dodging his attacks and trying not to get blown off his arm and nothing is happening. When he brings his hand down I try attacking the fingers, I've tried every weapon and item I have, running around the enviroment to see if there's a trigger I've missed and nothing. The infinitely respawning enemies have even stopped dropping orbs (which is a cheap fucking balance trick that I've never liked, if you're a developer worried about players grinding the respawns the answer is not to have infinite respawns).

Jump and climb up his finger.

Die Squirrel Die said:
I'm stuck on Chronos.

Is there a section where you are between his fingers? You can climb up one of them.

BSTF said:
Combichristoffersen

And yeah I know I should learn my lesson not to buy into hype by now.

Also, the battering ram makes too many sections too easy.

Jump and climb up his finger.

Wrong bracket dimwit. Thanks.
Well at least you fixed it.

Combichristoffersen

BSTF said:
Combichristoffersen

I still have no idea why the Hell I got that tag, although it fits strangely well considering my hairline's reciding and the male pattern baldness has kicked in :lol

RPGCrazied

awesome game, had to go to my brothers to play it.. he bought it

how far am I?
just beat kronos an the forge hermit guy, and got the lightning blades.

goin over on monday to finish it I hope

LowParry

BSTF said:

And you were expecting how many hours in an action game? ...........Kratos frowns upon you.

I'm really glad that I'm playing on Titan. Even though the counter says I'm 4 hours 22 minutes in, I know I've spent over 8 hours already playing. It's just so rewarding killing dudes and passing a segment after multiple attempts of trying :lol

I kinda don't want this to end :(

RPGCrazied

wow, and i have like 6hour 30min on my clock

altho the game did switch to easy mode, cause I died alot on a platforming segment. I know it gave me a choice, but I clicked it away to fast.. and can't change it back

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
Combichristoffersen said:
I still have no idea why the Hell I got that tag, although it fits strangely well considering my hairline's reciding and the male pattern baldness has kicked in :lol

Male pattern baldness is no joke, mine started to receded about a year ago. I just quote peoples tags whenever they quote mine.

CcrooK said:
And you were expecting how many hours in an action game? ...........Kratos frowns upon you.

GoW2 took me around 15 hours on normal. Knowing 3 was shorter, I started on hard.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
BSTF said:

Thats one of my gripes I have with it... phenomenal 9 hours, but what then. Today's games tend to have infinite gameplay like fallout 3, demon souls and some fighting games. Its really hard for me to justify 60$ for 9 hours when I could just rent it. Wish they did something different for this gen so they could expand the play time...

Edit : Not complaining about gow 3 in particular but about all short games. I'm still playing a lot of demon souls, fallout 3 and sf4 even years after their release... but too many games seem to go to the shelves way too fast for me to justify buying that genre again.

careksims

I been having a blast so far. Could only play like 1-3 hours at a time. Taking it all in. I know I'm going to replay this a couple times. I love the brutality of it all.

gibration

I beat the game yesterday and what an amazing/mind-blowing game this is. Im starting on my Titan(Hard) play-through today and hopefully I can collect everything this time.

Lunchbox

Banned
this was definitely turning into my favorite in the series..............

then i found
pandora
and the game took a nose dive. just left a bad taste in my mouth. the ending was great but everything leading up to that point (the last 2/3) hours is just frustrating and annoying at times

Gow2 > gow3

still my favorite action/adventure game of the year though

No thanks I don't want a dumbed down game due to SM not fully focusing on the single player and the game is intended for the single player campaign. No co-op either, that's like the most stupid idea for God of War.

More challenges might work but people are still going to bitch.

Go rent it.

LowParry

Ballistictiger said:
No thanks I don't want a dumbed down game due to SM not fully focusing on the single player and the game is intended for the single player campaign. No co-op either, that's like the most stupid idea for God of War.

More challenges might work but people are still going to bitch.

Go rent it.

I think co-op would work well with challenges. Like what they did with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Single player would be focused of course on single player.

Maleficence said:
Any tips on getting the extra stuff in
daedalus's
workshop?

Shoot the ballista into the different portals so that you can use the rope to cross over into the different nooks in the wall. Lower the pair of chests from the ceiling and use the ballista to shoot them down.

EnjoyIncubus said:
Shoot the ballista into the different portals so that you can use the rope to cross over into the different nooks in the wall. Lower the pair of chests from the ceiling and use the ballista to shoot them down.

Thanks, I'd figured that out. What I hadn't thought of was that some idiot thought it'd be a good idea to change the stick used to turn the ballista to the right joystick. Seriously. :s

Ah well, sorted now.

EnjoyIncubus said:
Also, there are some hidden chests above the entrance that you came in. Use the same position of the rope that you used to shoot down the two chests hanging from the ceiling to get to them.

Crisco

Banned
Just beat it (on Titan). There were some annoyingly difficult sections towards the end, but it was worth it. Amazing game all around.

vazel

Banned
Just beat the game. Awesome ride. Only thing I didn't like was what Pandora's Box's power was. Almost expected the Green Lantern Corps to show up. Loved hearing Clancy Brown as Hades also I just read on Wiki that Kevin Sorbo was Hercules haha.

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just beat it on Titan! :D

It's funny. I almost broke my controller after dying on the last fight 15-20 times the other night, but I went back to it today and breezed right through it without dying once. :|

It took me around 12.5 hours.

Raist

Banned
Time for a break.

Just crossed
The gates of Olympia

A blast so far. Love the weapon variety (and real-time weapon change!!1§&§1).
Not a fan of
Hades' blades
I love the regular default weapon too much :D

poisonelf

vazel said:
Just beat the game. Awesome ride. Only thing I didn't like was what Pandora's Box's power was. Almost expected the Green Lantern Corps to show up.

Well, said power, was in Pandora's Box in Greek myths, it was not a game invention. Then again, being used as a 'weapon' in that way seemed cheesy to me as well.

vazel

Banned
Oh, shows how uneducated I am. That changes things then. But yea, still a little cheesy how that's what it took to beat Zeus.

Combichristoffersen

BSTF said:
Male pattern baldness is no joke, mine started to receded about a year ago. I just quote peoples tags whenever they quote mine.

My old man was also getting thin on the top when he was my age (mid-20s), so I guess it's something that runs in the family. I'm not gonna go all crazy over it, it's a natural process, so I'll just let it run its course. Maybe one day I'll have the same hairdo as Kratos :lol

poisonelf said:
Well, said power, was in Pandora's Box in Greek myths, it was not a game invention. Then again, being used as a 'weapon' in that way seemed cheesy to me as well.
Please don't try to incorporate discussion of Greek mythology into a God of War thread, they are completely separate things.

poisonelf

MickeyKnox said:
Please don't try to incorporate discussion of Greek mythology into a God of War thread, they are completely separate things.
Completely separate things? Come on, you might find whining about how an aspect of the game is unfaithful to the myths to be retarded (and I agree completely), but just mentioning how a seemingly silly detail is actually part of said mythology is fun :D

One more trophy and I've got the Platinum! Just started my Titan run for it and man, the jump from normal to Titan difficulty is huge. Even the cannon fodder guys put up a fight now. Not looking forward to some of the later group battles.

Hopefully I'll be able to pull it off. I never bothered playing the previous GoW games on the higher difficulties, but this one seemed much easier on the default difficulty than those did.

Top Bottom