• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

The visuals in this game are just jaw dropping. I really want a wallpaper of some of the artwork in the
upper part of the Olympus Flame.
Anyone know where to get some good GOW Wallpapers?

John

B33 said:
The first
Zeus
sequence is killing me.

I don't recall the past
final boss
encounters being so difficult.
Just mash square until he attacks, then counter. If he teleports into the air, roll under him and use L1+O to remote grab. Cake.

Aru

Sorry, got through a few pages back but I didn't see anything about it:
a friend of mine says the game is really buggy and he can't go further because of another bug.

Is the game really that buggy ?

Denzar

Aru said:
Sorry, got through a few pages back but I didn't see anything about it:
a friend of mine says the game is really buggy and he can't go further because of another bug.

Is the game really that buggy ?

Haven't experienced any bugs so far.

I'm right up to beating
Hercules' face to a bloody pulp

Violater

hxa155 said:
GAAAAAAAAAAH THAT FUCKING SCORPION
Cestus spin attack, jump dash to evade
rinse and repeat unless you are playing on one of those harder difficulties then yea, that fucking scorpion :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Deepack said:
Haven't experienced any bugs so far.

I'm right up to beating
Hercules' face to a bloody pulp
. How far along am I?

I'm past the half way point, right?
A little past half way.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Lifejumper said:
Really want to see the Unearthing the legend documentary.
Did anybody watch it? Is it any good?

It is interesting.

ZeroRay said:
Second worst. Hades in GOW1 still holds the crown for me.

Yea I agree. I like Hades in Chains of Olympus more than the other games. Maybe it was that cool battle with Charon.

It's 70 minutes long. It goes through the series chronologically, but it's done documentary-style, so it interviews Greek mythology experts about each boss battle and Greek character Kratos interacts with.

neojubei

templeusox said:
It's 70 minutes long. It goes through the series chronologically, but it's done documentary-style, so it interviews Greek mythology experts about each boss battle and Greek character Kratos interacts with.

yup. I downloaded the SD and HD versions of it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Darunia said:
- They went all-out on most of the boss battles.
Chronos
is quite possibly the best boss in the trilogy. Final boss was a bit of a letdown compared to the rest, like GoW2.
Zeus wasn't all that fun to fight before and he wasn't now
- They finally nailed implementing weapons that made you pass on the regular blades. Cestus 4 life. The blades were the only weapons I didn't upgrade fully, says enough.

-Really? I've been seeing a lot of love for that part, but it was really purely visual to me.
Hades and Hercules were amazing boss fights, though. I just felt Cronos was a giant retard with the way he kept losing track of you, gave me no satisfaction to kill someone with the mental disability he apparently had. Graphically it was probably the most holy shit moment of the game, but gameplay wise there is nothing really memorable about it, just fighting fodder enemies moving about on his body. Fighting a Titan is hard to make happen, I get that, but there's still so much logically fucked up with the way Cronos fights there.
-I half agree with this. Half, because the Cestus is a great weapon I use most of the time, but the other 2 are too much like the blades for me to use much. Doesn't help that they also tied the best magic in the game to the blades, lol. Confession time:
Who actually uses the whip? I don't see much discussion about it...felt way too weak to me even if the multihitting aspect was neat at first. Against multiple enemies you get destroyed, and against a single enemy...well, why would you not use the cestus? The hades chain helps at a few points but I never felt like using it over the blades.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Papercuts said:
-Really? I've been seeing a lot of love for that part, but it was really purely visual to me.
Hades and Hercules were amazing boss fights, though. I just felt Cronos was a giant retard with the way he kept losing track of you, gave me no satisfaction to kill someone with the mental disability he apparently had. Graphically it was probably the most holy shit moment of the game, but gameplay wise there is nothing really memorable about it, just fighting fodder enemies moving about on his body. Fighting a Titan is hard to make happen, I get that, but there's still so much logically fucked up with the way Cronos fights there.
-I half agree with this. Half, because the Cestus is a great weapon I use most of the time, but the other 2 are too much like the blades for me to use much. Doesn't help that they also tied the best magic in the game to the blades, lol. Confession time:
Who actually uses the whip? I don't see much discussion about it...felt way too weak to me even if the multihitting aspect was neat at first. Against multiple enemies you get destroyed, and against a single enemy...well, why would you not use the cestus? The hades chain helps at a few points but I never felt like using it over the blades.
I think the weapons being like the blades makes you more likely to use them. I almost never touched the Blade of Olympus in GoW2 because there was too much of a change in the flow of combat.

And I used the weapon you are talking about. Multiple enemies + the magic attack are great. It's like the bolt of zeus attack from GoW2 where you could drop mines.

That
Cronos
fight just made me realize how EPIC shadow of the Colossus would've been had it and the Last Guardian had switched generations.

tirminyl

^^^ Your spoiler isn't spoilering.

Arsenic said:
How id they spoil it? And i hate how they include some of the final boss fight in the launch trailer. Absolutely unnecessary

Oh they straight up told the ending of the game :lol

Papercuts said:
The last weapon's L1+square move really helped me out when getting swarmed by a bunch of enemies, or cyclops. It really came in handy for some of the challenges too.

neojubei

LordPhoque said:
Someone post pics of the costumes of the limited edition please ? So I could rage that I have the simple edition :(

Morpheus armor

GQOsil.jpg

Apollo Armor

Pwr72l.jpg

eenSwl.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dogenzaka said:
I agree about the breasts.

Unrelated, but I will never take anything Keighley says seriously again.

"SOMETHING THAT'S SO OMG IT WILL PLAY OUT DIFFERENTLY FOR EACH PERSON"
"YEAH WE LIKE CAN'T BELIEVE IT MADE IT IN"

Was it the Poseidon princess part? That was weaksauce compared to other kills you've done in the series. Pffft

I'm thinking it was... (spoilers)

Searching through your fears to find hope. That "level" was really damned cool. Also, the first person Zeus fight was great. I think I punched the shit out of him for five minutes before stopping. Screen was completely caked with blood but I didn't care. Then there is the ending itself.

The comments on the difficulty is really puzzling. Have we forgotten what a challenging game looks like now, or is that only reserved for the other action game directors? Man up people. Use your rolls AND your counter/parries.

Dra-Q

Banned
Just finished it. I would give it a 8/10, it's the worst of the three God of War games. The endfight was bad and the story was meh. And what's wrong with the bugs and loading problems?

Oh, and who's fucking idea was to add the section where you protect
Pandora
, leave this shit to Ico. Really nice graphics, but the rest was not worth the hype.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dra-Q, you pretty much revealed a gameplay spoiler there even though you spoiler tagged something :\

In any case, did you forget you were
protecting you wife in the first game as well? So it's not like there wasn't anything of that protective sort of gameplay in previous games.

Arsenic

tirminyl said:
^^^ Your spoiler isn't spoilering.

Oh they straight up told the ending of the game :lol
Wow seriously :lol thats terrible lol. I just watched the gametrailers review and the show "the last titan standing" and while they didn't spoil the end of the game, they surely did spoil the great moments of certain boss fights and what not. lol

This game kills the first two imo, I loved all the locations you fight in save for those crates and the enemies were all fantastic. Its not perfect but its damn close.

hxa155

Violater said:
Cestus spin attack, jump dash to evade
rinse and repeat unless you are playing on one of those harder difficulties then yea, that fucking scorpion :lol

I'm playing on Titan difficulty. Stupid me stupid.... :(

Papercuts

Y2Kev said:
I think the weapons being like the blades makes you more likely to use them. I almost never touched the Blade of Olympus in GoW2 because there was too much of a change in the flow of combat.

And I used the weapon you are talking about. Multiple enemies + the magic attack are great. It's like the bolt of zeus attack from GoW2 where you could drop mines.

I know that was there intention, but I think the cestus shows that making a weapon that feels the same(same button inputs, different moves) makes me more likely to use it. They did better than they did in 2 anyway, I also didn't use the spear or hammer much at all.

Were you on god or titan? Just curious...doesn't seem very good on Titan, wasn't keeping swarms of enemies at bay unless I used magic, in which case I had maxed out blades of exile which has magic I could instead use to do a lot of damage + juggle everyone.

hxa155

So guys what's your favorite weapon so far? Mine is Claws of
Hades
. Amazing weapon, even though it's similar in design to Blades of Exile. I use it all the time.

Raist

Banned
Whoever thought it would be a great idea
to not put a single checkpoint in the scorpion fight
is the worst human being EVER.

Papercuts

Raist said:

Haha, are you on titan? That was the most bullshit part in the game, bar none. Horrible boss fight.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Raist said:
There is a checkpoint when you have to use the wings to fly at him.

A lot of you must be playing on Titan since the two places that everyone seems to be having difficulty with,
Skorpius and the Hades Cerberus with the Satyrs
only took me a couple tries on God and I'm not particularly good at the GoW games.

Treb

Finally beat the game on Titan mode. Whew, what a ride!

Those goats during the Cerebus fight were incredibly frustrating to fight until I got lucky by freezing them with the Gorgon eyes. Also, love the awesome first person mode finish off at the end. So brutal.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Papercuts said:
Haha, are you on titan? That was the most bullshit part in the game, bar none. Horrible boss fight.

Crazy how experiences vary in this game. This boss fight was easy.

"Hmmm, legs are made of crystal. I bet I punch those."
"Ope, tail attack coming, I'll use air evade (you guys forget this?)"

Etc.

Top Bottom