• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Raist

Banned
Kintaro said:
Crazy how experiences vary in this game. This boss fight was easy.

"Hmmm, legs are made of crystal. I bet I punch those."
"Ope, tail attack coming, I'll use air evade (you guys forget this?)"

Etc.

Yeah except when for some reason you're stuck between its legs and can't evade at all and getting hit takes away 2/3 of your health.

Anyway. Finally beat the fucker.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Raist said:
Yeah I am. FUCK that boss.
FUUUUUUU. this is the part I just got to on TITAN. I stopped when it started so I didn't see a thing of him. Now I am looking forward to a very challenging fight.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Raist said:
Yeah except when for some reason you're stuck between its legs and can't evade at all and getting hit takes away 2/3 of your health.

Anyway. Finally beat the fucker.

This. :lol

Forcing you to use the cestus, the weapon that lunges you forward like CRAZY, and then having to get far away before an attack that takes half of your life away hits gets irritating as hell when kratos is getting stuck in a leg. I kept getting stuck in stuff in this fight. You also don't have full control over WHERE he punches, exactly. So he would target the wrong leg and make the fight take longer.

No_Style

My bro found a a funny animation bug.

It's in the chamber with the
ropes and portals
Without the rope going through the portal to the top right balcony, if you hold X (glide in) while going through that portal, Kratos will still think there's a rope there and do the roping animation while in mid-air.

It's pretty funky!

Raist

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
FUUUUUUU. this is the part I just got to on TITAN. I stopped when it started so I didn't see a thing of him. Now I am looking forward to a very challenging fight.

I'm not sure "challenging" is the right term. I would say fucking frustrating to no end :p

Oooooh
Spiky walls. I'm sure I'm gonna hate that XD

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Anyone having issues with the sound effects being much lower volume than the music? I have my PS3 going to my receiver via optical audio and video is hdmi from the ps3 to my tv.

I have no issues like this with any other ps3 games. Any ideas what to check?

NeoUltima

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
Anyone having issues with the sound effects being much lower volume than the music? I have my PS3 going to my receiver via optical audio and video is hdmi from the ps3 to my tv.

You could turn the music slider in the options down, and then just turn up the volume. Music does seem louder at default.

rmecgn

Neo Member
sloppyjoe_gamer said:

yea i am having the same issues ... and i have the same setup as you, too ... another forum suggested forcing either dolby digital or dts through the sound options, but that didn't help me...

morlock

Papercuts said:
The game just froze on me during the final boss...wow.
Heh, I thought my game froze on me when
beating up zeus at the very end. Completely red screen and I kept pressing that circle..........

Just platinumed the game, excellent game, loved it. Best GoW, not by much but the little tweaks to the combat system and the overall adventure was enough to put it over GoW2.

So this
website you get, ugh any ideas what the bar on the top is.

Trevelyan

Banned
morlock said:
beating up zeus at the very end. Completely red screen and I kept pressing that circle..........
I'm pretty sure I hit circle for about 5 mins straight at that part. I didn't wanna stop
breaking his face in
:lol

Raist said:
What the...

fuck are you supposed to do when Pandora is trapped inside that glass box? oO

Pull the wall, climb it, jump to the climbable wall near the glass, cross over to the other side, fall down with the wall, climb up and over and I think that leads you to a switch. Its all clearly laid out.

Raist

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Pull the wall, climb it, jump to the climbable wall near the glass, cross over to the other side, fall down with the wall, climb up and over and I think that leads you to a switch. Its all clearly laid out.

Yeah got the first part. (pulling the wall). Then I didn't realize you could climb on these grids since they're exactly the same than the one you have to run on. :p

MiamiWesker said:

you dont climb the first wall, run up it. I didnt know what to do at first either, the markers to run up the wall never showed up

So wait you guys climbed up the wall you pulled out? Confused?

Papercuts

morlock said:

Haha.
I meant it literally froze though, right when they both jumped into Gaia, it just got stuck there.

Papercuts

LordPhoque said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the gameplay is now on par with, let's say, DMC3 at least ?

The combat is a lot better than it was in the past games, but not to that extent.

No_Style

LordPhoque said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the gameplay is now on par with, let's say, DMC3 at least ?

L1+O alone makes it better, IMO. Being able to flow from one enemy to another is frickin' brilliant. Using enemies as battering rams to control the crowd,
air dashing w/ Hermes boots
and on the fly weapon switching makes this icing on the cake. I think they did a great job.

Anyone thought that you'd fight
Stheno, the last of the Gorgon sisters
in God of War III?

Raist

Banned
Man and I thought the
scorpion boss
was bad :lol
Almost feels like the game is stuck in a loop or something.

are you guys serious, i dont even know how you its possible to beat on titan mode. I tried hard, and couldnt get past like 2 and a half hours in.

Neiteio

Hi guys:

I have GOW3 and I'm loving it. Question, though. I'm in the Labyrinth, and now it won't let me make new saves. I have 32 save states so far, not including the autosave (so I can jump back to my favorite bits), and now the New Save feature isn't appearing. I have 4,000+ MB left on my 80GB system, but I checked the save files and they're only a couple hundred KB apiece. Is there a cap on the number of save states you can make in GOW3? What's going on here?

I hope somebody can help me figure this out...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Nafai1123 said:
This fucking
scorpion
wouldn't be so bad if they didn't send a million little guys at you all the fucking time. Fuck.

hey atleast those give you health :D,

Raist

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
are you guys serious, i dont even know how you its possible to beat on titan mode. I tried hard, and couldnt get past like 2 and a half hours in.

It's not THAT difficult. The most frustrating parts are annoying because of design issues.

Neiteio said:
Hi guys:

I have GOW3 and I'm loving it. Question, though. I'm in the Labyrinth, and now it won't let me make new saves. I have 32 save states so far, not including the autosave (so I can jump back to my favorite bits), and now the New Save feature isn't appearing. I have 4,000+ MB left on my 80GB system, but I checked the save files and they're only a couple hundred KB apiece. Is there a cap on the number of save states you can make in GOW3? What's going on here?

I hope somebody can help me figure this out...
Yeah, you reached the max number of save files you can have.

Trevelyan

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Most difficult part on Titan for me was halfway through the game, the battle against
Hercules
. I actually found the latter half of the game, including the satyrs and fire cerebus part not that bad.

uraldix

TrAcEr_x90 said:

I am wondering if I even want to try. I was stuck in a couple of places on Normal. I can't imagine if I was playing on Titan.

Melfice7

Nafai1123 said:
This fucking
scorpion
wouldn't be so bad if they didn't send a million little guys at you all the fucking time. Fuck.

keep grabbing those little guys, they give green orbs :3

Melfice7 said:
keep grabbing those little guys, they give green orbs :3

Infact, no need to focus on the little guys at all until and only until the big guy runs away. Then grab the little guys and keep on pounding O until the big guy is done spraying all the goo as the "ripping animation" will prevent you from being hurt.

scoobs

Just finished up the collection, man I'm ready to go buy the 3rd!!! The 2nd second GoW was MILES ahead of the 1st game IMO, like... it was a million times better. Hoping the 3rd will trump the 2nd equally :)

Really enjoying the game so far, except for a few glaring flaws - namely, the double jump mechanic. I don't know what's wrong with it, but something is wrong because I can't count the number of times i've seen the game over screen after falling down a pit because Kratos failed to double jump when instructed. Also, fixed camera - yeah, it allows for those epic, sweeping shots that make the series presentation so memorable, but there are so many times I would love to be able to rotate the camera even just a little bit. Finally, I don't like the fact that the QTE indicators appear in different corners of the screen - I find myself having to watch the screen edges so I don't miss a button press during the QTE, but that results in me missing parts of the gory death animation center screen. However, beyond those minor (although agravating) nitpicks the game is absolutely stunning so far, I just left
Hades
so i'm not very far in yet and am sure the best is yet to come.

Papercuts said:
This. :lol

Forcing you to use the cestus, the weapon that lunges you forward like CRAZY, and then having to get far away before an attack that takes half of your life away hits gets irritating as hell when kratos is getting stuck in a leg. I kept getting stuck in stuff in this fight. You also don't have full control over WHERE he punches, exactly. So he would target the wrong leg and make the fight take longer.

Meleeing with the Cestus is not as effective as jumping and L1+square(the pirouette), you hit multiple legs and don't have the lunging forward problem and getting stuck...

Top Bottom