• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Penguin

So how much time do you think has passed between the last two episodes?

Between his trial and his stint in prison, have to imagine been a few months?

chris121580

I was really hoping we'd get more Paul Reubens. He was excellent in the show. Really enjoying this season a lot and could not be happier I stuck with the show. Started out rough but has really come into its own

Oh man... Oswald's about to go full penguin in the Long tailed coat his dad made and he's father's Monocle. They'll be the only things he'll have, after his step family locks him out of the Fortune.

Noticed something kinda cool my 2nd time seeing Batman v Superman during the fight.
In the skyline of Gotham they have that weird twin towers looking building that Gotham adds in post.
the one thats typically prominent in the big city shots.

Edit:here
gotham-logo-117092.jpg

jrcbandit

Don't read until you have watched the episode.

How is Gordon ever going to become a cop again? Going to jail for a crime you didn't commit and then being cleared of all charges, I'd understand. But here he escapes from jail, there is no coming back from that as that is a new felony crime resulting in more jail time. Once he gets out, he wont be able to carry a gun due to the felony conviction.

Don't read until you have watched the episode.

How is Gordon ever going to become a cop again? Going to jail for a crime you didn't commit and then being cleared of all charges, I'd understand. But here he escapes from jail, there is no coming back from that as that is a new felony crime resulting in more jail time. Once he gets out, he wont be able to carry a gun due to the felony conviction.
Speedfor-I mean uh.......it's Gotham baby, corruption is its lifeblood, ain't gotta explain shit.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Watching now...

Holy shit, Jim & Lee's baby died?!?

Abortions and dead babbis are basically a TV trope by themselves.

Shows love pregnancy stories because feelings and stuff, but dealing with babies while keeping major characters relevant is hell on Earth for nearly every writer. They reduce screen time, infants become a logistic issue and their storylines are more often than not pure crap. I'd just prefer if shows ignored them altogether.

Alpende

Shows love pregnancy stories because feelings and stuff, but dealing with babies while keeping major characters relevant is hell on Earth for nearly every writer. They reduce screen time, infants become a logistic issue and their storylines are more often than not pure crap. I'd just prefer if shows ignored them altogether.

Agreed, I generally hate it when TV characters have babies. It usually results in unnecessarily boring storylines. I'm kind of glad they handled it the way the did, even though that sounds a bit morbid.

But man, the actors are actually having a kid, and the character is supposed to end up with a kid... this shit is dark, man.

The opening time lapse with Gordon in jail was so good. Fuck I never would have thought this would be my favorite major network tv show after that awful pilot

Pachimari

I just now finished Episode 15: Mad Grey Dawn, and it's probably one of my favorite episodes of the season. Finally I got an episode totally focused on my favorite DC villain The Riddler! And I love the way he set up Jim Gordon.

You also kind of feel for Gordon and then not. No matter what, he did kill a person, but he shouldn't be convicted for the Pinkny murder. And it was heartbreaking seeing his girlfriend break down over the breakup. I seriously hope Harvey can help a friend out.

Penguin is fucked and the best the show have, absolutely. Fantastic performance by him again. Good boy Penguin lol. And that father and new "family" of his is creepy, something feels really off.

Oh, and finally Barbara is awake, my favorite woman of Gotham! Hopefully they won't kill her off for good. And the more Tabitha the better. I actually like her and Butch forming a "family".

I'm gonna watch Episode 16 now.

The opening time lapse with Gordon in jail was so good. Fuck I never would have thought this would be my favorite major network tv show after that awful pilot

I loved that part too, probably the coolest opening all season. Last year, it was one of my least favourite shows that I watched on tv. This year, it is one of the best shows on tv.

I just now finished Episode 15: Mad Grey Dawn, and it's probably one of my favorite episodes of the season. Finally I got an episode totally focused on my favorite DC villain The Riddler! And I love the way he set up Jim Gordon.

You also kind of feel for Gordon and then not. No matter what, he did kill a person, but he shouldn't be convicted for the Pinkny murder. And it was heartbreaking seeing his girlfriend break down over the breakup. I seriously hope Harvey can help a friend out.

Penguin is fucked and the best the show have, absolutely. Fantastic performance by him again. Good boy Penguin lol. And that father and new "family" of his is creepy, something feels really off.

Oh, and finally Barbara is awake, my favorite woman of Gotham! Hopefully they won't kill her off for good. And the more Tabitha the better. I actually like her and Butch forming a "family".

I'm gonna watch Episode 16 now.

That was an excellent episode, I loved how he was always one step ahead of Gordon.

I can't believe there is no episode next week. We already had the 3 month break...

Goddamn Penguin and his father in this episode were something else. It was almost like a strange haunted house story mixed with a Tim Burton flair. It's such an eerie and yet almost beautiful family history to see.

Gordon's time at the prison at the beginning of the episode was really well directed.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
this show is getting really good. episode 15 was great.

hulu seems to be a week behind nowadays, so thats annoying. gotta watch episode 16 now through my cable provider.. yuck.

Oddduck

According to the episode 18 synopsis,
actress Michelle Gomez
is coming back for another episode.

That's pretty cool. I'm glad
she
isn't some one and done character.

Pachimari

I were really happy to see Falcone back in the city in the last episode. That was probably one of the highlights for me. He has been missed, and now he's even helping out Gordon. Great.

Sad that there's no new episode next week though.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
But man, the actors are actually having a kid, and the character is supposed to end up with a kid... this shit is dark, man.

I honestly wonder if they are not pulling a fast one on us, specially given that Gordon *is* a father in the comics. Then again, her daughter is called Barbara, which would be kind of morbid in this case given the circumstances of the show...

Top Bottom