• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Penguin

CgXlFF_UMAAjvcp.jpg

Wonder what gonna do with this

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Really wish Freeze had the dome helmet and was bald. Might as well go all out, but maybe they're saving that for when Batman is around.

Maybe my attention drifted but it seemed super lazy how claw hand died. Like Gordon can't make a head shot, Freeze is just a lackey thug, and claw was like "I'mma just walk up to him what could go wrong?" and the scene just happened. It stood out to me.

Really wish Freeze had the dome helmet and was bald. Might as well go all out, but maybe they're saving that for when Batman is around.

I think thats the point, they have him so close yet those elements are really important so keep him from being full on Mr Freeze despite basically being full on Mr Freeze.

Same for Jerome, 1000% the Joker but you have to have white skin & green hair.

Maybe my attention drifted but it seemed super lazy how claw hand died. Like Gordon can't make a head shot, Freeze is just a lackey thug, and claw was like "I'mma just walk up to him what could go wrong?" and the scene just happened. It stood out to me.
It wasn't well fleshed out but basically she knew they would keep hunting them(especially Bruce) so she gave up figuring if they got her they wouldn't keep searching and probably wouldn't connect Alfred, Bruce, Gordon and Lucius(however she doesn't know that they were already being suspected, etc)

Oddduck

I think thats the point, they have him so close yet those elements are really important so keep him from being full on Mr Freeze despite basically being full on Mr Freeze.

Same for Jerome, 1000% the Joker but you have to have white skin & green hair.

Yeah it's kind of like how Penguin doesn't yet have his umbrella gun. And Selina still doesn't have her whip.

I'm sure Freeze's suit will continue to get more improvements and upgrades as seasons go on.

Of course they do, obviously it comes down to talent of the show runners and writers but there's no excuse not to have at least a general plan or vision for what you want to accomplish in a season in the months leading up to actually filming

There's usually no vision for any show, though this may change because of Netflix. It's seat of your pants film making, because shows have to be inherently flexible to meet their production schedule. Remember season 5 of 24? The one with the evil president. Made up on the fly during production.

Sölf

Really enjoyed this episode. But it seems a bit too soon to bring both
Mr. Freeze and Galavan
back. Also as for this "Joker tease", I am pretty sure the same grafitti was shown a few times throughout the season already.

Chariot

Pretty annoyed by Gordon and Bruce at the moment. Everyone else is great, but Gordon is going MIMIMIMI in my head and Bruce is acting like he knows it all. Tone it down a notch, a bit if humility wouldn't hurt.

When Bruce accessed the calendar and they found out about pinewood, Alfred acted weird. Like if he already knew about it. Which is fine, as they revealed that it was founded by Thomas Wayne, but I kinda expected them to follow-up on it a bit more. Maybe next episode.

As for the trailer, holy shit. Just incredible and really, really good stuff. I absolutely can not wait.

Alpende

Freeze's head is protected by plot armour

That bothered me a lot. Gordon is a cop, I figure he has some gun aiming skills. I don't get why they just didn't put a glass helmet on his head like they did in B:TAS. Just say the helmet is bulletproof or some shit.

That bothered me a lot. Gordon is a cop, I figure he has some gun aiming skills. I don't get why they just didn't put a glass helmet on his head like they did in B:TAS. Just say the helmet is bulletproof or some shit.

I guess that getting bald and his helmet is part of his transformation. They're still all proto-villains and haven't been fully developed yet.

But I do wonder what they're doing with Jerome. If DC is as restrictive with their characters, as the rumors around the Arrowverse shows suggest, then they obviously won't ever turn him into the Joker.

Ishida

Banned
I guess that getting bald and his helmet is part of his transformation. They're still all proto-villains and haven't been fully developed yet.

But I do wonder what they're doing with Jerome. If DC is as restrictive with their characters, as the rumors around the Arrowverse shows suggest, then they obviously won't ever turn him into the Joker.

I think Jerome will end up being the real Joker.

He doesn't work as a red herring. Red herrings are supposed to be subtle, while Jerome was just too 'in-your-face' and direct. Remember the comedian at Fish Mooney's bar at the beginning of the series? That was a good red herring. But Jerome's character was anything but subtle.

I believe that the producers talked about "introducing red herrings" because they knew the Joker was such an important and central character, that if they somehow screwed up his introduction they could always fall back to "that was a red herring".

However with Jerome they knocked it out of the park. The character was great, the actor was great, and it had almost universal praise from fans.

This is the reason we saw Jerome's body in Strange's preservation capsules. If Jerome was truly and completely out of the series and "only his legacy remained", then why show his body in the "revival line" at Indian Hill? I think the producers and writers recognize that they may have something with Jerome that fans liked, and that introducing him as the early Joker may actually work, and that's why we got the hint of a future revival. Red herrings are never this direct and persistent.

tumblr_o3p83jIfU91swp0zbo1_500.jpg

Jerome's death also makes sense when it comes to his potential future as the Joker. That would be the reason the Joker's identity is a mystery in the future, as no one would believe Jerome came back from the dead. Everyone would believe the Joker may be a completely different person, or a copycat of that crazy kid with the maniac laughter.

His legacy as a corrupting force in Gotham with the whole laughter thing can still happen, and then Jerome can come back in the future to assume his role.

I know tons of comic book fans do not like the idea of the Joker having an origin, and they stick with the "his origins must always remain a mystery", but Gotham is an alternate continuity, and different take on the Batman mythos. We already have different origins and stories for other villains, even Firefly seems to be a girl now.

Gotham is currently my favorite live action show on TV, and probably my favorite live action Batman version, even above the movies. And it doesn't even have Batman in it. Jerome blew my mind away, and I eagerly await his return.

got21.jpg

Oddduck

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad that Gotham is the show that it is.

One problem with Supergirl is they keep teasing you that Superman exists. It gets annoying after awhile.

Top Bottom