• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Maximo

After quitting Gotham at episode 14 I finally got back into it and fully caught up to the latest Episode.
Gotham is such a strange rollercoaster a really average show at the start of season 1 that heavily relies on Batman references and character names to keep itself interesting (otherwise its a booring Crime Drama) then near the end of Season 1 and especially Season 2 it kicks down the door and doesn't give a fuck about cannon, just makes its own mythos, im here just like.."fuck it ill come along for this ride."

I think when they started to really introduce Edward Nigma it started to really catch on, some parts can be silly but it really pulls itself together, im now 100% hooked..and as soon as I am I have to wait 2 more weeks..

Turin

Banned
Fell a couple episodes behind. Good stuff.

Loved watching Penguin get his evil mojo back and Nygma has been great recently.

Galavan becoming Azrael is neat but I want Jerome back yesterday.

Lil Wayne continues to impress.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Can someone explain me what is this Azrael thing?

It's the cat from The Smurfs.

nG84x9F.jpg

Yes, Gotham is going there. We're getting Gargamel next episode,, bitches! Hopefully Papa Smurf an episode later.

d3vnull

I gave up on this show mid season 1 but damn, Season 2 has been killing it.
Good entertainment, glad I gave it another chance.

This

and the inspiration of the character seems be the Sihk version of Azrael. Though in every version he is ascribed as being the Angel of Death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azrael#In_Sikhism
Earlier in the season, Theo Galavan revealed that his real last name was Dumas.

"Azrael" is a title given to crusaders / vigilantes / assassins who are agents of the Order of St. Dumas.

Throughout history, multiple people have taken on the mantle of Azrael.
Thank you very much all of you for these information!

IYD9Kuh.gif

It's the cat from The Smurfs.

nG84x9F.jpg

Yes, Gotham is going there. We're getting Gargamel next episode,, bitches! Hopefully Papa Smurf an episode later.
U5CNgze.gif

Ishida

Banned
It really can't be overstated how much better season 2 is than season 1.

Even when that statement is factually true, I still don't understand why people say Season 1 was bad. The Mafia wars started by the Penguin were massive highlights for me, and Penguin definitely carried that first season on his shoulders.

Penguin has always been great, but he was definitely more interesting to watch during S1. He seemed smarter, more cunning.

Oddduck

Even when that statement is factually true, I still don't understand why people say Season 1 was bad. The Mafia wars started by the Penguin were massive highlights for me, and Penguin definitely carried that first season on his shoulders.

Penguin has always been great, but he was definitely more interesting to watch during S1. He seemed smarter, more cunning.

I felt the second half of Season 1 is much better than the first half.

Aside from the island stuff.

Asbel

Before arresting not-yet Riddler, Gordon called them friends but not sure I agree. Don't think they hung out but Gordon did trust him enough to seek Nygma's help after the jail break.

Spoiled just in case (speculation):
Are we going for the Court of Owls thing for this season? I mean Hugo grafted a bird-like appendage onto that woman AND is bringing people back to life and turning them into weapons. Plus he was involved in killing Bruce's parents.

Spoiled just in case (speculation):
Are we going for the Court of Owls thing for this season? I meant Hugo grafted a bird-like appendage onto that woman AND is bringing people back to life and turning them into weapons. Plus he was involved in killing Bruce's parents.

next season
the court of owls reveal will probably revealed in the finale and be the hook for season 3

Yup, that's the ep they are showing.

Fell a couple episodes behind. Good stuff.

Loved watching Penguin get his evil mojo back and Nygma has been great recently.

Galavan becoming Azrael is neat but I want Jerome back yesterday.

Lil Wayne continues to impress.

Same here, just caught up. Great stuff.
Good to have some more fans of young Bruce.
Yeah, I also still want Jerome back.

Been a fantastic season.

Oddduck

Producer John Stephens talked to TVLine and teased what to expect from the final episode of this season.

"You have to watch the last scene," in which "the nature of the city of Gotham will change," Stephens previews. "It's a development that is in line with all the other stories we've been telling, but one piece that we've kept hidden." Also, as Season 2 comes to a close:
Two lives are left in limbo.

Kifimbo

Ok, Bruce had no business being with the cops there in the middle of a gunfight, but Batman being inspired by Azrael is kinda cool.

Top Bottom