• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Chabbles

Turned off the Map, in First person mode and went crazy for afew hours, I cant remember the last time being so immersed in a game. This is the King of sandbox.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So how does this market share exploit work? Do I have to go for Life Invaders or just go for the lowest %?

Wait did i just waste my money? Buying the impound didnt mention a weekly income... seems like I gotta bring in 300 cars just to break even on my 150k investment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really hate how you have to babysit custom cars in this game. I have a completely upgraded sports car on Franklin. I decide to switch characters. In the back of my head, I knew that was a bad idea. Because an intelligent game would have Franklin deposit the car back in the garage he pulled it from. Or have a service(say one you could get after the towing property is bought) that you call and have it taken back before switching.

But no, he somehow loses the car. It's not in the garage, and it's not in the impound. But the special vehicle that I can pull from a garage at will is. Because logic.

Just watched the E3 trailer and there i noticed that trees and palms were always moving. Too bad this didnt find its way into the PS4/xbox one versions. Maybe the PC version will have it.

God dammit. I didn't even notice this.

I want my hood cam back!!

Yeah recently in more driving intensive missions I've noticed that I crash way more often in FPS because I can't see the damn road half the time. This isn't an issue with motorcycles because you can see the road...

Chabbles

BOOM!

gtav_boom_by_chabbles-d87cuy7.gif

JimPanzer

I think I missed parts of the connection between Michael and the police guy you do missions for (since english isn't my native language). Can someone summarize what's the deal between them? Or am I supposed to not really know this at the point I am (just did the chopper mission with michael, trevor and franklin)

neshcom

Banned
I think I missed parts of the connection between Michael and the police guy you do missions for (since english isn't my native language). Can someone summarize what's the deal between them? Or am I supposed to not really know this at the point I am (just did the chopper mission with michael, trevor and franklin)
They explain it early on, so you should be good knowing this.
Michael made a deal with the cop in North Yankton. Michael would keep the money from the job and the cop would get the honor of takin down a heist. Michael pays the cop a monthly sum to keep him quiet. The cop comes back into Michael's life because he knows Michael is doing more heists, is in touch with Trevor, and his agency needs money from the government.

JimPanzer

They explain it early on, so you should be good knowing this.
Michael made a deal with the cop in North Yankton. Michael would keep the money from the job and the cop would get the honor of takin down a heist. Michael pays the cop a monthly sum to keep him quiet. The cop comes back into Michael's life because he knows Michael is doing more heists, is in touch with Trevor, and his agency needs money from the government.

thanks, this makes some things clearer!
but didn't they say the cop shot the wrong guy?

neshcom

Banned
thanks, this makes some things clearer!
but didn't they say the cop shot the wrong guy?
I haven't gotten that far in my new playthrough and I didn't totally remember the situation with
who was supposed to be shot, so I omitted it in fear of spoiling too much. I believe Trevor was supposed to be shot, but Brad got shot and was killed. Trevor had been emailing an agent or the cop posing as Brad.

Radec

PS4's mp3 function finally got some use for me.

If only custom tracks are available when you're in the car, that would be great.

Just watched the E3 trailer and there i noticed that trees and palms were always moving. Too bad this didnt find its way into the PS4/xbox one versions. Maybe the PC version will have it.

Why is no one else paying attention to this? Even the last-gen versions had moving trees. I think this breaks immersion a lot, at least for me. Hopefully this is just a bug and can be patched. If it really is PC only then the PS3/PS4 comparison trailer was false advertising. Back to Far Cry 4 for now, the vegetation feels so alive.

Juz

Got to Trevor last night. Forgot how awesome character he is haha.

Also I have about +1b$ on all characters. I think that should do for a while :)

I love how the gasoline catches under the car.
it's awesome how much bigger grass fires from car explosions can be now with the better draw and added foliage

i think they added additional car explosions, too.. i've seen a car explode multiple times before... a Felon, I think. it exploded a second time and it had this different stronger looking pillar of fire or something. looked awesome though. like maybe some how the first explosion didn't ignite the gas tank (i saw this rarely happen last gen with engine fires on heavy duty trucks ) or something.

either way, the explosions look so much better now and the huge fires with DOF look great

Fucking hell what a pain in the ass to transfer my online character. I don't even want to do this shit, I just want to have the bonus items because I own GTA V on the PS3. How the fuck do I do this?

Siegmeyer

Fucking hell what a pain in the ass to transfer my online character. I don't even want to do this shit, I just want to have the bonus items because I own GTA V on the PS3. How the fuck do I do this?

What's the issue? I just did it from the pause menu of single-player, took a couple of minutes tops.

What's the issue? I just did it from the pause menu of single-player, took a couple of minutes tops.

It's my own fault. I just realised I have a different PSN account on my PS3... I'm logging in on my own account now. Will I still be able to get this bonus or not? I think I have to play the "prologue" mission first?

I hope I can still get the bonus now.

Turnbl

Having a blast replaying this game. My very first impressions of driving around the city area were underwhelming, but as you get out into the countryside and mountains the improved draw distance and fidelity is really noticeable.

That coupled with the first person mode and all the song and gameplay additions make this an amazing experience. It's the first time I've felt the technology has allowed for what Rockstar were aiming towards.

Criticising parts of a game this good is a little trite but I will anyway... The stock glitch has actually improved my enjoyment. There's something a bit broken about the property income and post story grind. I don't really think that's what GTA should be about and hopefully it will be addressed in future games. Also as many have said, vehicle customisation should be persistent and not something to worry about.

Would be great if there was a properly working post story situation where various crime lords held sections of the map and you could buy properties and businesses legitimately and work your way up the ladder or take them down by nefarious means until you are truly the King of Los Santos. An assault on a fully defended drug baron island villa would be immense.

Congrats to everybody Rockstar for creating this experience. Really looking forward to the next story DLC and the mind boggles at what GTAVI will look like.

Top Bottom