• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Marvel

could never
Think I'm stuck on a heist... I don't know the name of it but I just completed all the steps (truck, boiler suits and masks) now there's a blue dot on my map which is a car.

I get the car and have no idea what to do with it. No clues given unless I missed em.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Think I'm stuck on a heist... I don't know the name of it but I just completed all the steps (truck, boiler suits and masks) now there's a blue dot on my map which is a car.

I get the car and have no idea what to do with it. No clues given unless I missed em.

sounds like you're doing blitz play. it's not a proper heist. more like a mini heist. anyway...what you gotta do is find a getaway car and place it somewhere secluded. a little tooltip should pop up explaining this. anyway once you place it somewhere you need to phone up michael or lester (can't remember) and select the "getaway car" and it'll phone him up to let him know where the car is placed.

Marvel

could never
sounds like you're doing blitz play. it's not a proper heist. more like a mini heist. anyway...what you gotta do is find a getaway car and place it somewhere secluded. a little tooltip should pop up explaining this. anyway once you place it somewhere you need to phone up michael or lester (can't remember) and select the "getaway car" and it'll phone him up to let him know where the car is placed.

Hmm... I did do that with one car already. Then this blue dot showed up on the map after I did so which is a car.

Have tried hiding that one too no luck, lol.

always found any GTA better this way :O i never did it much for VC or IV but I did it a lot in SA with all the hobbies, working out and eating, etc...

i think the abilility to do that sort of thing is what makes GTA specially. if you just rush between mission waypoint to mission waypoint, it's not much different than a AAA (and good) Kane & Lynch or Max Payne. Missions are still awesome but I always find my most memorable GTA playthroughs, whether SA or V, were when I had a week vacation or something, and I could immerse myself in it almost like a roleplaying gaming, and adding my flavour or details and making my own stories in between missions ..

things like choosing what time of day is best for missions (5am for Trash Truck, 9am for Caida Libra because he says "this afternoon", 6pm for Minor Turbulence because it's so much more beautiful to have the sun setting at the start and it be night during the end of it) or even which day (I delayed Trash Truck from Sunday to Monday haha)... same for clothes, I'll wear all camo for Lamar Down... warm coats for Merryweather Heist Freighter, suits for FIB or Madrazo meetings, etc)...

I like to try play realistic, too. M never commits crimes. F will always steal a new car for missions and dispose the evidence after. T will collect cars from his enemies (e.g. the Madrazo Baller, the Ortega Dubsta, the Cheng Coquette, the FIB Saddler, the Baller Felon, the Lost Daemon)... and I'll try to buy businesses, Hangout or phone call after missions, etc to fit the story

i feel the game is so much better like that... you begin to care about the characters and story more... you see so many more hangout or phone call conversations, character switch event stories, and just in general get so much more story, attachment, immersion from the game.

it's not too big of a deal though :p and it's more of a roleplay thing, not an 'achievement' thing. i almost never get golds because i don't ever skip cutscenes and never drive fast (you'll mission conversations) and often the gold requirements don't seem very canon (e.g. killing a gardener just to boost a car haha). i don't really see it as dedication because it's just an easy natural way for me to play the game :)

and it's especially easy in V because I think Trevor (CEO of TPI) is such a great open world/crime game character, and I of course love the LA/desert setting. I'm a huge fan of the film Heat (still remember watching it first time back in, probably, summer-late 1996) and any other Michael Mann (especially Miami Vice, as bad as it is I love the camera work) or other LA films (Training Day, for example ;) so I can free roam around Los Santos and especially the Grand Senora for ages...

Rolling around the Grand Senora Desert or East Los Santos, going ironman esque death=game over with auto-aim and HUD off for interface-less immersion amidst sand dunes and oil derricks, full gerry beard Trevor with the Madrazo baller (the only way I can even picture Trevor now) leading M and F full trio Three Kings style in a gwagon or in a jag, starting hour-long countryside police chases and gang wars...

And when it's over, M and F both randomly steal their own jags too and you exit the area in matching masks and cars. Random surprises like that or random fluff done not for points or stats but just for immersion. Basically, the type of that shit that makes you want to always wear a mask before you rob a convenience store even though you don't have to and both are pointless or dress up like an RonOil man scouting oil derricks as your cover when scouting your convoy ambush location, or you restart the game if you die and avoid openly breaking laws so you have a single 'canon continuity' where it's believable that you are alive and not in jail...

That's about the only gaming I've done for over a year now... Bearded CEO of Trevor Phillips Industries.
Amazing. I've roleplayed a bit in the game but never to this extreme! Really wish I didn't do the military convoy last night, doing it your way would be so much more interesting than just sniping everyone :p

its very hard to stay "grounded" for me though, I love following the rules of the road but sometimes you just gotta swerve and hit that innocent civilian for no good reason other than the satisfaction of dat rag doll.

When this comes out on PC and a few immersion/visual mods are
out, I think I'll play it like you do for my third playthrough. Just a question though...how much longer do you think this makes the game? Game is already pretty massive just doing mission to mission, can't imagine how much gameplay you get doing it your way.

Guys would you say this game is worth keeping if you have already beaten it on ps3? Got a copy from a bundle though not sure to keep or sell. I hear online is still broke?

dedhead54

None of my Snapmatic photos are showing up on the Social Club. All of my 360 photos are there but when I select the "PS4" tab and then go to "My Photos" it says "NO PLAYSTATION 4 PHOTOS MATCHING YOUR SEARCH CRITERIA". Anyone had this issue?

TMC

fall1.gif

Portugeezer

None of my Snapmatic photos are showing up on the Social Club. All of my 360 photos are there but when I select the "PS4" tab and then go to "My Photos" it says "NO PLAYSTATION 4 PHOTOS MATCHING YOUR SEARCH CRITERIA". Anyone had this issue?

Same. I have taken a few photos, do they upload automatically or what?

Same. I have taken a few photos, do they upload automatically or what?

You have to upload them from the gallery in the pause menu. Select the one you want to upload and click the left stick.

Damn, I just noticed that in FPS mode when you're in an area that only allows you to walk/jog, it only allows you to walk unless you move to 3rd person, and then it allows you to jog again. I knew some areas of the game was moving a little too slow

HiiiLife

Literally spent at least 30 minutes just cruising around the map listening to Luniz and Bone Thugs. This game is beautiful. The first person camera is by far the most satisfying when riding the bikes in this game. Man. Dat moonlight. Dat rain. Dem headlights reflecting off the wet surfaces. Dem details.

tmespe

This game is amazing. Did not get to pay it on previous gen, since my ps3 broke down. The game looks absolutely amazing sometimes. The weather effects are especially fantastic. After the dissapointing IV, this really lives up to the hype. The missions in this game are so much better than IV.

always found any GTA better this way :O i never did it much for VC or IV but I did it a lot in SA with all the hobbies, working out and eating, etc...

i think the abilility to do that sort of thing is what makes GTA specially. if you just rush between mission waypoint to mission waypoint, it's not much different than a AAA (and good) Kane & Lynch or Max Payne. Missions are still awesome but I always find my most memorable GTA playthroughs, whether SA or V, were when I had a week vacation or something, and I could immerse myself in it almost like a roleplaying gaming, and adding my flavour or details and making my own stories in between missions ..

things like choosing what time of day is best for missions (5am for Trash Truck, 9am for Caida Libra because he says "this afternoon", 6pm for Minor Turbulence because it's so much more beautiful to have the sun setting at the start and it be night during the end of it) or even which day (I delayed Trash Truck from Sunday to Monday haha)... same for clothes, I'll wear all camo for Lamar Down... warm coats for Merryweather Heist Freighter, suits for FIB or Madrazo meetings, etc)...

I like to try play realistic, too. M never commits crimes. F will always steal a new car for missions and dispose the evidence after. T will collect cars from his enemies (e.g. the Madrazo Baller, the Ortega Dubsta, the Cheng Coquette, the FIB Saddler, the Baller Felon, the Lost Daemon)... and I'll try to buy businesses, Hangout or phone call after missions, etc to fit the story

i feel the game is so much better like that... you begin to care about the characters and story more... you see so many more hangout or phone call conversations, character switch event stories, and just in general get so much more story, attachment, immersion from the game.

it's not too big of a deal though :p and it's more of a roleplay thing, not an 'achievement' thing. i almost never get golds because i don't ever skip cutscenes and never drive fast (you'll mission conversations) and often the gold requirements don't seem very canon (e.g. killing a gardener just to boost a car haha). i don't really see it as dedication because it's just an easy natural way for me to play the game :)

and it's especially easy in V because I think Trevor (CEO of TPI) is such a great open world/crime game character, and I of course love the LA/desert setting. I'm a huge fan of the film Heat (still remember watching it first time back in, probably, summer-late 1996) and any other Michael Mann (especially Miami Vice, as bad as it is I love the camera work) or other LA films (Training Day, for example ;) so I can free roam around Los Santos and especially the Grand Senora for ages...

Rolling around the Grand Senora Desert or East Los Santos, going ironman esque death=game over with auto-aim and HUD off for interface-less immersion amidst sand dunes and oil derricks, full gerry beard Trevor with the Madrazo baller (the only way I can even picture Trevor now) leading M and F full trio Three Kings style in a gwagon or in a jag, starting hour-long countryside police chases and gang wars...

And when it's over, M and F both randomly steal their own jags too and you exit the area in matching masks and cars. Random surprises like that or random fluff done not for points or stats but just for immersion. Basically, the type of that shit that makes you want to always wear a mask before you rob a convenience store even though you don't have to and both are pointless or dress up like an RonOil man scouting oil derricks as your cover when scouting your convoy ambush location, or you restart the game if you die and avoid openly breaking laws so you have a single 'canon continuity' where it's believable that you are alive and not in jail...

That's about the only gaming I've done for over a year now... Bearded CEO of Trevor Phillips Industries.

Kifflom, brother!

Durden77

Is there ANYWAY at all to make a file that used a cheat code be able to get trophies again? I'm severely bummed because a friend of mine used a cheat and I didn't realize it and I kept saving it. I wanted to 100% this game (at 80% now), but if my file is fucked it's gonna be hard to want to now.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Another thing I did not experience in previos gen version - cops taking vacant civil vehicles to continue pursuit after player :D

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is there ANYWAY at all to make a file that used a cheat code be able to get trophies again? I'm severely bummed because a friend of mine used a cheat and I didn't realize it and I kept saving it. I wanted to 100% this game (at 80% now), but if my file is fucked it's gonna be hard to want to now.

I think you are fucked. Do you not keep multiple saves?

Has anyone bought GameStop's Shark cards now that they are half off. I'm still debating getting the 3.5 million one. . if I could get that one with the 2.5 mil I can get a Zentorno and Buzzard without worrying about ever needing money again, especially if DLC is dropped soon.

Has anyone bought GameStop's Shark cards now that they are half off. I'm still debating getting the 3.5 million one. . if I could get that one with the 2.5 mil I can get a Zentorno and Buzzard without worrying about ever needing money again, especially if DLC is dropped soon.

I like this helf off sale when does it end? very tempted to buy now does it work for PS4?

Durden77

I think you are fucked. Do you not keep multiple saves?

I do, but he did it when I wasn't in the room. It was skyfall so I didn't notice anything different and kept saving as normal (overwriting my old ones, I keep 4.) Didn't realize it was going on until I did a rampage and a measage popped saying I couldn't get trophies.

This is very seriously depressing if I'm fucked. I've put about 35 hours into this playthrough.

I like this helf off sale when does it end? very tempted to buy now does it work for PS4?

From the GameStop magazine it was implied to end yesterday but it is still active. I might take the plunge tonight . .I hate grinding on GTA O and this would make the game a much better experience if I can just buy what I want now and still have a nice reserve of cash for future DLC.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I do, but he did it when I wasn't in the room. It was skyfall so I didn't notice anything different and kept saving as normal (overwriting my old ones, I keep 4.) Didn't realize it was going on until I did a rampage and a measage popped saying I couldn't get trophies.

This is very seriously depressing if I'm fucked. I've put about 35 hours into this playthrough.

Your friend is such a dick.

From the GameStop magazine it was implied to end yesterday but it is still active. I might take the plunge tonight . .I hate grinding on GTA O and this would make the game a much better experience if I can just buy what I want now and still have a nice reserve of cash for future DLC.

I had a hard time finding the PS4 version got a $5 one to test out

if it is still on sale for monday I'll get enough to end the grind

level grind will still suck tho

Top Bottom