• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

brau

Too bad that you wont be able to enter them without a loading screen. It's going to destroy the immersion a lot when someone else is chilling in your backyard because he/she owns the same property.

At least the loading screens don't take 11 mins like on the ps3. Those loading screens before really made a hassle when playing online.

Marvel

could never
Got past that mini heist I was stuck on, I was right the game had glitched and wasn't spawning a garbage truck for me to steal instead was giving me standard cars.

Fixed it by restarting my console.

Also happened to me over 3 times already, really pretty aggrivating having to put all settings back correctly.
After the third time it happened for me, I noticed that simply reloading the save file would load the settings back like they were before. Also noticed that it takes approximately the same time to change the settings manually than it does to load the save game. lol

Too bad that you wont be able to enter them without a loading screen. It's going to destroy the immersion a lot when someone else is chilling in your backyard because he/she owns the same property.

invite only sessions would fix this for me

I hardly play with strangers around in the world right now

invite only sessions would fix this for me

I hardly play with strangers around in the world right now

I'm hoping this leak is real. I would start playing in passive mode more often if I had a nice looking house.

Can I still interact with NPC in passive mode or will that take me out of it?

sugarless

They still take too long imo, especially when returning to free-roam from the MP lobby/playlist screen.

Not just that they take long, but on the PS4 I've had an issue where I'm on the post-job loading screen waiting to go back to Freemode and it's not showing any kind of spinning loading indicator. The game screen isn't frozen per se as I can see the film grain effect is still live, but there's no indication that it's ever going to load. Then a couple of minutes later I usually get into Freemode. It's really annoying as each and every time I think the damn thing has frozen up. This never happened on 360, even though the loading times were theoretically longer.

I'm hoping this leak is real. I would start playing in passive mode more often if I had a nice looking house.

Can I still interact with NPC in passive mode or will that take me out of it?

have seen videos of an updated passive mode

you look like a ghost everything passes through you
have not tried it myself to answer your question

looks like gamestop still has the half off sale so just purchased a shark card and now have to see which car and plane I should get

I've tried doing the FIB Raid mission five times now and every time I try it a CPU character gets killed, has anyone got any tips because I'm about to launch my controller.

Happened to me last night. Somewhat annoying as my sensitivity settings in particular are just so.
Exactly. Probably practiced in the shooting range for an hour to get things as calibrated as I could.

I think this is more of a failure to read an existing save or cloud save rather than a problem writing one. I had the issue pop up yesterday when I started up GTA5 - I saw the brightness test screen - exited out of the game and wrote my post here. A few hours later I started the game back up and it went right into the game and had all of my previous settings intact.

So if this happens for anybody I'd advise just closing out and waiting a spell before starting again. Not sure what the problem is but that worked for me.

I was dabbling in GTA Online (what an uninviting and bad impression that makes if you do not have friends or a crew), when it suddenly got stuck at loading the map after exiting the 99th empty lobby.

After it told me there was a problem loading files, it booted me back to the single player where it seemingly advanced the story to a point where
the female hostage got murdered, and im supposed to collect paper notes/clues
? At least I think that's what happened. It won't let me switch to Michael or Franklin.. did my single player game get messed up because of a bug in GTAO?

Just picked this up. Mixed feelings on the graphics. At night and in smaller areas the game looks incredible, but driving through the city I still see lots of aliasing and shimmering and that framerate sucks :(

Anyways it's really fun though and a massive upgrade over last gen. My question is, is there a way to bring up the menu of radio stations like you could on PS3? I don't want to cycle through them one at a time with the touchpad.

have seen videos of an updated passive mode

you look like a ghost everything passes through you
have not tried it myself to answer your question

looks like gamestop still has the half off sale so just purchased a shark card and now have to see which car and plane I should get

Haha the more money you get the more you spend I see. I plan to just hold on to the cash for awhile and hope that these new houses are true.

My buddy was recording last night and he bumped into an honest crack addict NPC. Shit had me in tears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrVfxLHvL_w&list=UUGa16G1EROdS_VL9_UrIGDA

I have photographed this particular NPC:

JZt3SLs.png

jpsqxql.png

BouncyFrag

I'm about to jump into the multiplayer. I generally don't play MP all that often so what's a good way to get into it in gta?

SJRB

Gold Member
How is the garage system handled this time around? Is it still the "if you don't return the car to your garage, it's basically gone since repo doesn't work 90% of the time" nonsense like in the PS3 version? Or can I just, you know, exit my vehicle at any point and do something without having to worry my extremely expensive and tricked out sportwagon is gone?

How is the garage system handled this time around? Is it still the "if you don't return the car to your garage, it's basically gone since repo doesn't work 90% of the time" nonsense like in the PS3 version? Or can I just, you know, exit my vehicle at any point and do something without having to worry my extremely expensive and tricked out sportwagon is gone?

Garages are still shit in GTA, but repo is improved. Most cars that I modify and then lose are successfully repo'ed. It's better than PS3, but still not great. With cars you obtain through missions, like the Stock Cars, those can all spawn in your player's fancy garage (the ones you buy for $40,000), and you can crash them/destory them and they will spawn again. However, if you purchase a car like one of the $1million sports cars, and then you're driving it high speed and accidentally destroy it while taking a jump, that car is gone as well as your $1million. It's complete shit.

It's even more confusing with aircraft and special vehicles like tanks. If you buy an aircraft, you can crash it and still have it spawn in your hanger. But, if you steal an aircraft and park it in your hanger, if you then crash that aircraft, it's gone. If you buy a tank and destroy it, then it will respawn in your hanger. But, steal a tank, park it, and destroy it, it's gone.

The system sucks and discourages sandbox play, which is really too bad.

I don't even get how Rockstar benefits from the current system in SP mode. I get in GTA:O, they want people to have to buy cars by playing the game or buying cash cards, but in single player GTA, I don't get why the game is so restrictive to keeping your cars and why you can't just tool around in whatever car you want if you happen to steal it. Saint's Row #1 had a better car system than GTAV does, released some 8 years later. Hell, I think GTAV's car ownership is worse than GTA:SA because at leas tyou could own as many cars as you had garages in GTA:SA. If you ditched/destroyed your car, the game charged you a nominal "tow truck" fee to restore it... It made me not worried at all to take out my best car to do a mission or to just tool around.

NAPK1NS

Playing this for the first time on PS4. What a game, what a game. Feels the product Rockstar has been working toward over the last ten years. Really impressive.

SJRB

Gold Member
Garages are still shit in GTA, but repo is improved. Most cars that I modify and then lose are successfully repo'ed. It's better than PS3, but still not great. With cars you obtain through missions, like the Stock Cars, those can all spawn in your player's fancy garage (the ones you buy for $40,000), and you can crash them/destory them and they will spawn again. However, if you purchase a car like one of the $1million sports cars, and then you're driving it high speed and accidentally destroy it while taking a jump, that car is gone as well as your $1million. It's complete shit.

It's even more confusing with aircraft and special vehicles like tanks. If you buy an aircraft, you can crash it and still have it spawn in your hanger. But, if you steal an aircraft and park it in your hanger, if you then crash that aircraft, it's gone. If you buy a tank and destroy it, then it will respawn in your hanger. But, steal a tank, park it, and destroy it, it's gone.

The system sucks and discourages sandbox play, which is really too bad.

I don't even get how Rockstar benefits from the current system in SP mode. I get in GTA:O, they want people to have to buy cars by playing the game or buying cash cards, but in single player GTA, I don't get why the game is so restrictive to keeping your cars and why you can't just tool around in whatever car you want if you happen to steal it. Saint's Row #1 had a better car system than GTAV does, released some 8 years later. Hell, I think GTAV's car ownership is worse than GTA:SA because at leas tyou could own as many cars as you had garages in GTA:SA. If you ditched/destroyed your car, the game charged you a nominal "tow truck" fee to restore it... It made me not worried at all to take out my best car to do a mission or to just tool around.

That's pretty disappointing, I thought the garage was one of the most glaring [technical] issues. I wonder why they didn't fix it. Thanks for the writeup!

Muffdraul

I don't know about tanks, but it seems to me that either last gen or current gen versions, it was not possible to steal a plane or heli and save them. I'd park them in my hangar or on my landing pad, but they would never be saved. I'd leave and come back later, and they'd be gone. I'd open up the Select Vehicle menu, and they wouldn't be there.

-griffy-

Banned
Is anybody else losing their configuration settings whenever they start the game up?

Four of the past five times I've launched into single-player (PS4 version) I get prompted with the screen that asks me to set my brightness. That's the sure sign that all of my preferences (camera, control scheme, aim mode, reticle, sensitivity, etc etc) are all set back to their defaults. All of my save data is fine so I haven't lost any progress, but its annoying that all of my preferences keep getting wiped.

Am I alone in this or is it going around?

This happened to me yesterday when logging in and playing via remote play. Thought it was just a remote play thing, and it was super annoying because the menu setting for alternative handbrake seemed to have vanished so I couldn't turn that on even.

brau

They still take too long imo, especially when returning to free-roam from the MP lobby/playlist screen.

I put into my ps4 a hybrid ssd drive, and loading from booting up to SP took maybe a min? way shorter than ps3. to Online finding the match is what took longer i think. But i have not played online to match make and go into a job. Those were painful on ps3, and i ended up rather just roaming that doing that.

This has not been fixed?

they would be instanced, like apartments. You enter and vanish from view.
Also, there are no loading screens for current interiors in SP so not sure why any loading screen should appear for online houses if they are not extensive in size and the camera does not have to move much to enter them. Unless it is a delay waiting for the server to acknowledge the shift out of MP.

I put into my ps4 a hybrid ssd drive, and loading from booting up to SP took maybe a min? way shorter than ps3. to Online finding the match is what took longer i think. But i have not played online to match make and go into a job. Those were painful on ps3, and i ended up rather just roaming that doing that.

This has not been fixed?

loading pauses are at start
short ones when the camera moves a long way eg switching chars
and anywhere from short to long ones when joining or rejoining a server which Is not loading but instead timeouts with rockstar matchmaking: a bug that will hopefully be fixed.

one of the peyote plants is glitched, and doesnt count towards your 27. it keeps coming back, so if you already got the glitch there is no need to worry.

Tainted

Anyone had an issues unlocking certain returning player content on the PS4 ?

I have unlocked the Dodo, Duke o' Death, Railgun/Hatchet, Xero blimp & monster truck....however, anything which relies on launching from an email or txt is missing (ie Wildlife challenge)

I have finished the SP and I think it is because the phone only keeps a certain number of emails and txts and purges out the older ones (from what I have read, you receive the emails early in the game....however, I dont remember receiving any emails or txts of that nature)

Anyone had an issues unlocking certain returning player content on the PS4 ?

I have unlocked the Dodo, Duke o' Death, Railgun/Hatchet, Xero blimp & monster truck....however, anything which relies on launching from an email or txt is missing (ie Wildlife challenge)

I have finished the SP and I think it is because the phone only keeps a certain number of emails and txts and purges out the older ones (from what I have read, you receive the emails early in the game....however, I dont remember receiving any emails or txts of that nature)

Hmmm... I didn't have any problem with Wild Life (I'm on X1). I got it from Beverly after doing his first or second mission. Beverly is the paparazzi guy.

If you need to, try taking a photo of some animal.. like a dog in Mirror Park area, and see if it triggers the special message you should receive, or if you have the Parks Service in your phone as a contact.

I have had a problem with special edition content not being in GTAV for X1, after I had it in 360 version. Things like the free garages, added player special bonus, the unique guns, etc. Those things weren't available for me in this version.

Tigress

It's more confusing than that. You can keep a plane you steal and it will even respawn in the hangar if you crash it. *As long as* you don't buy another vehicle and then tell it you would prefer to take that vehicle out. Soon as you actually activate any other vehicle in the hangar, the one you stole disappears forever (like you don't even have to crash it, once you tell it to reload a different vehicle it erases it from the memory of the garage entirely).

It's why Trevor in my game only has a Viper. I'm thinking of trying to steal a Viper with either Franklin or MIchael so I can buy planes and monster trucks with Trevor. Yeah, I'd love to have the fighter jet with Trevor too but so many other fun vehicles (especially the monster truck) I have to forego if I want Trevor to have the fighter jet.

And yes, the vehicle system in general sucks in GTA and forgets it's an open world game. Even if they gave you enough ways to continiously make money while going through vehicles it sux if you want to modify one having to go through modifying it every time you want a new one to use (I mean I did the money glitch so money's not really the issue anymore. And god forbid if I hadn't with how stingy they are with how much money you make at the end of the game and the few ways you can continiously grind to make money without depending on one time events).

But at least with airplanes and tanks and monster trucks the system they have is ok for at least the vehicles you buy (cause those you at least will keep. Fuck, I'd settle for that for the cars but nope... with cars even if you buy cars there's really no true way to keep them without going through a hassle and pretty much doing unfun stuff just to make sure you don't lose your car).

I just don't understand why they insist on having piss poor vehicle management systems (especially when they have a decent one online!!! So they apparently know how to make one). Sadly, GTA V does it better than the other GTA games I've played :/ (and that says a lot cause GTA V's system is still piss poor, at least for the SP part).

I honestly really do think this has to do with trying to encourage people to go online so that they can encourage you to pay for MTs (since there are no MTs in single player). It's too bad there are other compromises for playing online (no animals, worse graphics, not as busy of a world, no real story to play <- I like playing a story. Some of it is understandable because it does have to work through a limited speed connection.. but it pisses me off they ruin single player that can have the better stuff solely so you can buy MTs... and this is why MTs are bad btw. It's just R* has done a good job of not ruining it enough to make the game entirely unfun. But I'm certain the game would have been designed a lot better if it weren't for the MTs they need to encourage you to buy).

Tainted

Hmmm... I didn't have any problem with Wild Life (I'm on X1). I got it from Beverly after doing his first or second mission. Beverly is the paparazzi guy.

If you need to, try taking a photo of some animal.. like a dog in Mirror Park area, and see if it triggers the special message you should receive, or if you have the Parks Service in your phone as a contact.

I have had a problem with special edition content not being in GTAV for X1, after I had it in 360 version. Things like the free garages, added player special bonus, the unique guns, etc. Those things weren't available for me in this version.

A-ha, thanks that did the trick...

I went to mirror park as you said and took a picture of a dog. As soon as I took the pic I got prompted to send the photo to LS Tourist info and then I received an email with the updated animal list.

Yeah, Beverly sends a text about the entering you in a wildlife contest.

I also never got my collector's edition content. :-( I filed a trouble ticket and so far nothing but a useless message about the returning player content (which is different).

Durden77

The cops in this game are sometimes just annoying. I should be able to stealth kill some hiker way out in the wilderness without immediately getting wanted.

The Llama

The cops in this game are sometimes just annoying. I should be able to stealth kill some hiker way out in the wilderness without immediately getting wanted.

Yeah, I feel like sometimes you get a star way too easily.

Also I feel like in general it takes 10-15 seconds too long for stars to go away.

Top Bottom