• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

cackhyena

Is GTA Online any good? Haven't tried it yet, still busy with SP... but I heard a lot of stuff about it. Is it just free roam and earning money and doing shit with other players?
It can be, but it's still got major issues to work out. I've had plenty of trouble getting in the same session as my fellow crew member more often than not.

Hey guys, bought this game at launch but for some reason only getting around to playing it now. I was just wondering if someone could briefly explain how the missions system works. Do I just simply look around my map for ?s or drive/mess around until something pops up?

The reason I'm asking is because whenever I switch characters I see I have 2-3 quests but I don't see anything on my map.

I just started and I'm at the point where I just got chops. On PS3 if that matters. Really loving the game so far!

Hey guys, bought this game at launch but for some reason only getting around to playing it now. I was just wondering if someone could briefly explain how the missions system works. Do I just simply look around my map for ?s or drive/mess around until something pops up?

The reason I'm asking is because whenever I switch characters I see I have 2-3 quests but I don't see anything on my map.

I just started and I'm at the point where I just got chops. On PS3 if that matters. Really loving the game so far!

On your map, there are usually big letters "M" or "S" etc. these are story missions, simply step on the yellow markers at these locations.
for the "?" icons, these are side missions and work the same.

shiba5

On your map, there are usually big letters "M" or "S" etc. these are story missions, simply step on the yellow markers at these locations.
for the "?" icons, these are side missions and work the same.

And they are color coded. Michael is blue, Trevor is orange, Franklin is green. And sometimes the markers for side quests are really small - like Strangers and Freaks. I've had to walk up to my TV to find them a couple times and I have a big screen.

Was the auto-center camera this bad in this last-gen versions? I don't remember it being this bad. They should patch it so that it only auto-centers when you manually move the stick back into the default position, just to make sure you're facing dead-center, and not slightly off-center.

Rockstar pls.

McSpidey

I love first person mode. It made driving off a mountain tons better.
ibgHiO3kS2d3Gj.gif

darthbob

Ran into a weird glitch when trying to replay The Big Score. After I select either Plan A or B and choose the crew, after the cutscene that plays the gameplay freezes. Interestingly enough I can still open the pause menu, use the map, reload a save, etc.

Muffdraul

What is this money glitch? Would someone be kind enough to explain it?

It was the most awesome glitch ever. All you had to do was buy LifeInvader stock and then immediately sell it, and repeat that a few times. Practically at the beginning of the game, you could have all three characters maxed out with $2.1 billion in the bank. It took less than10 minutes. Fucking great for those of us who played GTA V to death last gen and don't mind foregoing waiting until the end of the game and going through all of the hassle needed to make that much money. Fuck R* for fixing this glorious bug! And didn't they also change the parameters of the Lester assassination investment payouts so you don't get nearly as much money as in the last gen version? I think I heard that somewhere. Stop being fuddy duddy bungholes, R*!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It says "Trey Baker" which is a bakery shop around Los Santos:

ljYV7aM.jpg

But it could very well still be a nod to Troy Baker

(shot from 360/PS3)

Remember a tweet from him when it was first released. He seemed surprised and very happy about it hahaha.

I just picked up GTA V on PS4 today. I played it last year on 360 for a while but didn't do anything online. What should I do to maximize my time and make the most money fast?

For those properties that can be bought, is there an indicator which property can be bought by whom? I just went to some property with Trevor and it says this property can only be bought by Franklin.

Cudder

Back when this released I got the 500k for single player but it never got added to my multiplayer account, is there something you have to do to get it?

AwShucks

Replaying this and I had forgot just how fucking annoying Lamar and Jimmy were.

I wish I could put a bullet between Lamar's eyes every time he talks. Ugh.

Man...your taste makes me sad. Jimmy I am indifferent on. But Lamar is like the best support character since OG Loc

Anyone get stuck on the FIB heist? I picked the firetruck method, but I can't progress.

I got the getaway vehicle, but it won't give me the mission to get the firetruck. I got a firetruck and nothing happened.

Tigress

Well, I figured out what I lost when transferring. Sucks but at least it wasn't my cars, apartment, or money. I lost my beerhats! No more looking silly/stupid for me :(.

Tigress

Every single time I try flying a plane in a game. I give up, I was not meant to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCKJB5Fr6c

I love flying. I just spent an hour flying around the fighter jet today. Cause damnit, it took me 10 deaths to get it. I wasn't getting out until I crashed/jet ran out of fuel (It happened to me a long time ago but it seems like R* no longer has it do that)/or just really wanted a break. Turned out the last part is what actually happened (I'm surprised. I expected to crash or at least run out of fuel).

I also probably surprised a lot of people at first who were probably expecting me to try to blow them up rather than just buzz them a lot (I'm betting at the end they were just ignoring me though... oh, it's that jet that just keeps flying through but never does anything besides see how low she can go before she crashes).

One of these days I'm going to practice flying upside down so I can buzz people upside down :). Trevor does have a fighter jet in my SP game so I can use that to practice (but I just love flying where people can actually see me.. yeah, I'm a showoff. hell, even if I die I at least get to think maybe I made some one laugh or be amused). Oh, and btw, yes, I laughed at your crash (hey, part of the fun of GTA is doing stupid stuff like that so you can laugh at yourself.. and hope others are laughing at you too ;) ).

Top Bottom