• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

rjcc

Yeah, Beverly sends a text about the entering you in a wildlife contest.

I also never got my collector's edition content. :-( I filed a trouble ticket and so far nothing but a useless message about the returning player content (which is different).

I found the black deathcar just randomly driving out in the sticks

moojito

Yeah, I feel like sometimes you get a star way too easily.

Also I feel like in general it takes 10-15 seconds too long for stars to go away.

Not only that, but they gain extra psychic powers in those last 15 seconds. I once drove halfway over the city, not a cop in sight and thought I'd run out the last few seconds in the middle of a train tunnel and sure enough, sergeant doughnut comes trundling down the track and resets the clock.

shiba5

I found the Dodo (as Trevor) in single player, but I can't open the door and get in it. I've completed Nervous Ron and have the other returning player bonuses so I should be able to take it. Trevor just stands on the pontoon and does nothing - oh and the gunmen that are supposed to be there protecting it aren't there either. Pretty annoying.

nevermind. Just bugged. Finally got the event to show up correctly.

Nope, you can't equip weapons in passive mode.

Well.. that is pretty lame. I guess I will just play regular online.

Also I just bought a shark card for half off. 3.5mil, just going to sit on the cash for awhile. I already maxed out my 9F (a car that is good and I like) and I don't feel the need just to buy other cars

Durden77

Yeah, I feel like sometimes you get a star way too easily.

Also I feel like in general it takes 10-15 seconds too long for stars to go away.

I think the timer would be fine if they just wern't so sensitive in the first place. It's stupid too because they make a big deal out of stealth, but it's completely useless outside of missions (and not even that useful there). If you stealth kill someone in the open world, people 50 feet away from you will still be alerted.

It should be possible to do stealthy open world stuff, especially if the skill is high enough.

So I've just had some weirdness with Vangelico stock. I was looking for something to invest in, and noticed their stock had jumped massively in one day. So I reloaded an auto save which took me back to just before they jumped; the stock was $0.11 per share. I bought as many as I could, killed myself to go to the next day, and the stock jumped back to it's normal price of around $300. Needless to say, I made a lot of money, and have too many shares left to sell.

I've done that heist, but in game time I'm very far ahead of that in game-days, but not missions (just done the first D Mission). Anyone else seen this behaviour?

Anyone have a link to that video where michael turns down hanging out with franklin and franklin then procedes to drive into a gas station and blows up?

Tainted

Had a random funny moment just happen to me... wish I had been recording it

I was standing at Trevor's airfield and a random plane landed on the airstrip next to me and proceeded to park in the hangar. The guy then shut down the engine and got out of his cockpit, walked onto the wing and straight into the propeller

RIP random pilot, next time wait til your engines have shut down completely eh

Had a random funny moment just happen to me... wish I had been recording it

I was standing at Trevor's airfield and a random plane landed on the airstrip next to me and proceeded to park in the hangar. The guy then shut down the engine and got out of his cockpit, walked onto the wing and straight into the propeller

RIP random pilot, next time wait til your engines have shut down completely eh

PS4 is always recording, you can get the last 15 minutes.. can you not do that?

dedhead54

I can't believe how much fun I am having with this game, even after playing so much last gen. I find myself getting even more sidetracked than ever, just wandering around taking photos and exploring.

Playing 100% first person, no aim assist, and I have a feeling later on down the road I might run in to trouble with missions with heavy gunplay. Aiming isn't as tight as I'd have liked.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyway way to buy or find the merryweather jeeps in the main game? I stole 2 of them from different parts of the game with Michael, but i want one for Franklin.

Furyous

So I've just had some weirdness with Vangelico stock. I was looking for something to invest in, and noticed their stock had jumped massively in one day. So I reloaded an auto save which took me back to just before they jumped; the stock was $0.11 per share. I bought as many as I could, killed myself to go to the next day, and the stock jumped back to it's normal price of around $300. Needless to say, I made a lot of money, and have too many shares left to sell.

The stock glitch is back!

...Not that I need money because every character owns everything. I wish there was a way to mod planes. Wish me luck as I attempt to use Trevor's hangar to steal a cargobob instead of going to the military base.

What's this returning players content? Did I have to own last gens version to get this content? Or is it for everyone that buys the xb1/ps4 version?

Poona

Not sure if this is the right thread but I remember people wondering whether or not any controversy would be stirred up with the new FPS mode and people calling for bans, etc. Just had this sent to me:

https://www.change.org/p/target-wit...yers-to-commit-sexual-violence-and-kill-women

elUjWmUBrSPoBul-580x326-noPad.jpg

Target: Withdraw Grand Theft Auto 5 – this sickening game encourages players to commit sexual violence and kill women

It's a game that encourages players to murder women for entertainment. The incentive is to commit sexual violence against women, then abuse or kill them to proceed or get 'health' points – and now Target are stocking it and promoting it for your Xmas stocking.

This is Grand Theft Auto 5. This game means that after various sex acts, players are given options to kill women by punching her unconscious, killing with a machete, bat or guns to get their money returned.

Please Target – we appeal to you as women survivors of violence, including women who experienced violence in the sex industry, to immediately withdraw Grand Theft Auto V from sale.

One of many fan clips on YouTube shows the woman being run down, run over, set alight and, still screaming, repeatedly shot. This misogynistic GTA 5 literally makes a game of bashing, killing and horrific violence against women. It also links sexual arousal and violence.

We have firsthand experience of this kind of sexual violence. It haunts us, and we've been trying to rebuild our lives ever since. Just knowing that women are being portrayed as deserving to be sexually used by men and potentially murdered for sport and pleasure – to see this violence that we lived through turned into a form of entertainments is sickening and causes us great pain and harm.

This game spreads the idea that certain women exist as scapegoats for male violence. It shows hatred and contempt for women in the sex industry and puts them at greater risk. Women in the industry are 40 times more likely to be murdered by a man than any other group of women.

Games like this are grooming yet another generation of boys to tolerate violence against women. It is fuelling the epidemic of violence experienced by so many girls and women in Australia - and globally.

Target, you pride yourself on being a family company, caring for local communities, and have a strong ethical sourcing policy. How can you do this while contributing to hostile and callous attitudes toward victims of violence and, more broadly, to all women?

We urge you to follow the example set by the New Zealand’s largest retailer, NZ Warehouse Group, in upholding Corporate Social Responsibility and ethical corporate leadership, by removing these games.

This would also set an example to other stockists of GTA V.

Please put ethics before profits and make a strong statement that you do not condone sexual violence, sexual exploitation or the abuse of women as ‘entertainment’.

Nicole, Claire and Kat

in story mode if I have a helipad I cannot steal a frogger or police helicopter and save it on Franklin's helipad?

it seems only stuff I buy are saved?

SxP

Anyone else having trouble with trophies unlocking? I did the merryweather heist but didn't get the trophy for it.

Yeah, the Altruist Acolyte trophy didn't unlock for me the first time I delivered someone to the cult. Luckily you have multiple chances to get that trophy, but it does seem that trophies can be buggy at times.

Yeah, the Altruist Acolyte trophy didn't unlock for me the first time I delivered someone to the cult. Luckily you have multiple chances to get that trophy, but it does seem that trophies can be buggy at times.

Isn't it for delivering 3 people total?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Dawg

Is GTA Online any good? Haven't tried it yet, still busy with SP... but I heard a lot of stuff about it. Is it just free roam and earning money and doing shit with other players?

graffix13

Replaying this and I had forgot just how fucking annoying Lamar and Jimmy were.

I wish I could put a bullet between Lamar's eyes every time he talks. Ugh.

Nyx

Replaying this and I had forgot just how fucking annoying Lamar and Jimmy were.

I wish I could put a bullet between Lamar's eyes every time he talks. Ugh.

Lamar might be the best character ingame.
But hey, I grew up with Yo MTV Raps!

Top Bottom