• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

belvedere

Junior Butler
New PS4 owner here. Did this game install twice? After putting the disc in, there was a progress bar that completed and I launch the game and another install is taking place. Can I multitask while that's going?

So, police choppers....can you shoot them down? What do you shoot them down with? Is there a bazooka, RPG or rocket launcher available or something?

New PS4 owner here. Did this game install twice? After putting the disc in, there was a progress bar that completed and I launch the game and another install is taking place. Can I multitask while that's going?

That first install is usually the play as you go install. Install a small portion so the player can play the game while its being installed. But for GTA 5 it looks like it installs a launcher that then starts the full install.

I got into a nice sports car that had fat tires like an off-road vehicle but it was sporty trying to buy one but cannot remember what is was :(

the tires extend out wider than the car

Poona

Why do they single out violence against women? You can kill men too. That's sexist. I say we make a petition about it.

An article has come out where they interview those behind the petition, and they say this in response to that:

“This is the argument we hear every time violence against women is mentioned. Even on White Ribbon Day, there are cries of ‘But it happens to men, too’.
“In this case, the male gamers are saying they don’t mind violence against themselves in this game. Implicit in this is the recognition that if men don’t mind, then women have to put up with it.
“This is hardly a gender-neutral argument. Implicit in it is the very misogyny we are rallying against.”

Anyway you can see the full piece here:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...-sexual-violence/story-e6frfrt9-1227143245292

A counter petition popped up as well:

https://www.change.org/p/game-devel...pers-don-t-give-in-to-the-feminism-hate-group

Tigress

An article has come out where they interview those behind the petition, and they say this in response to that:

Anyway you can see the full piece here:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...-sexual-violence/story-e6frfrt9-1227143245292

A counter petition popped up as well:

https://www.change.org/p/game-devel...pers-don-t-give-in-to-the-feminism-hate-group

I'm not going to say GTA doesn't have problems with portrayal of females or the fact that it really only sees a male viewpoint.

I am going to say these people have never really played the game and what they are focusing on isn't it. They obviously don't get the idea of an open world game where you can do anything... it's not really letting you do anything if it only allows killing one gender (they are totally missing that you can kill male NPCs). And, well, it's a game where you aren't playing the good guy and you are doing stuff that is horrible. Now if they want to have an issue with the fact it does that, well... I'm going to say I agree that kids should not be playing this game but I'm an adult and I resent censoring things "for the sake of the children". Parent your damned child for god's sake. Teach them right and wrong and how to respect women. And guess what, a game like this isn't going to make them turn into a little monster. They are going to see it as "not real life and not how you act in real life".

Hell, I think they'd have more of a point if they focused more on the fact it has prostitutes in the game and portrays females like that vs. focusing on the fact you can kill the prostitutes. And hell, I think GTA could solve that problem by having male prostitutes (it would honestly I think fix a lot of the problems right there). And male strippers.

Really, for a game like GTA, I think putting in male strippers/prostitutes would be a better compromise anyways (also if we are going to do multiple protagonists, which I really do like, be nice to have a female character to play).

So I put off doing the bail bond missions until I completed the story...but now I can't do the bail bond missions anymore :/ same with the Wildlife Photography. Is there anyway I can get these back?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Honestly. If this game had no god damn input lag. It would be the greatest game in fucking history. But for the life of me I cannot play this game in first person!

Rockstar fix this please!

I played the original version of GTA V on PS3 for probably 30-40 hours first time around and started a playthrough about 6 months ago and got about halfway through.
I enjoyed the game moderately (at times a lot) during both of those playthroughs but never unabashedly "loved" it like I did San Andreas and even IV to some extent.

I can't fully explain why it is but the current gen version (playing on PS4) just feels so much better to me to play, almost like the previous version was the 'beta' for lack of a better term, and this is the "real game".

It just feels "right" now whereas I was only ever 90% sold on the game in the past.
I'll never be 100% keen on the narrative or all the characters (there are lots of good supporting characters, but if it was a single protagonist game, Michael or Franklin would both feel pretty weak as lead characters and I don't want to play as a sociopathic lunatic like Trevor for a whole game, though it is fun to switch things up...)

It feels weird to finally love this game that I first played over a year ago for 30+ hours...

I swear even shooting in third person feels better than it did to me on PS3 though maybe that's just my sensitivity settings etc. but I really disliked the shooting in GTA V originally but feel like it's somehow better now. I kind of wish shooting in first person felt a bit better but it is a cool novelty all the same, but the positive changes like upgraded visuals/draw distance/new songs on the radio etc have a huge cumulative effect on how the overall game feels, it really does make a world of difference. I've never had anywhere near as much fun with the free roaming/running around doing random shit aspect of GTA V as I am now. I switched over to the PS3 version at one point to compare and the difference is impressive.

leng jai

I played the original version of GTA V on PS3 for probably 30-40 hours first time around and started a playthrough about 6 months ago and got about halfway through.
I enjoyed the game moderately (at times a lot) during both of those playthroughs but never unabashedly "loved" it like I did San Andreas and even IV to some extent.

I can't fully explain why it is but the current gen version (playing on PS4) just feels so much better to me to play, almost like the previous version was the 'beta' for lack of a better term, and this is the "real game".

It just feels "right" now whereas I was only ever 90% sold on the game in the past.
I'll never be 100% keen on the narrative or all the characters (there are lots of good supporting characters, but if it was a single protagonist game, Michael or Franklin would both feel pretty weak as lead characters and I don't want to play as a sociopathic lunatic like Trevor for a whole game, though it is fun to switch things up...)

It feels weird to finally love this game that I first played over a year ago for 30+ hours...

I swear even shooting in third person feels better than it did to me on PS3 though maybe that's just my sensitivity settings etc. but I really disliked the shooting in GTA V originally but feel like it's somehow better now. I kind of wish shooting in first person felt a bit better but it is a cool novelty all the same, but the positive changes like upgraded visuals/draw distance/new songs on the radio etc have a huge cumulative effect on how the overall game feels, it really does make a world of difference. I've never had anywhere near as much fun with the free roaming/running around doing random shit aspect of GTA V as I am now. I switched over to the PS3 version at one point to compare and the difference is impressive.

That's probably a common reaction, I feel the same way. The last gen version was just woefully limited by the hardware. It always felt like the game was being suffocated by poor framerate, bad IQ and excessive pop in.

This time around it feels like you can actually play the game properly, and as a result it's much easier to see what all the fuss was about.

So I put off doing the bail bond missions until I completed the story...but now I can't do the bail bond missions anymore :/ same with the Wildlife Photography. Is there anyway I can get these back?
how can you not do them anyhow? Maude disappears or you cannot find the NPC?

brau

weILEJu.gif

that made me LOL.

So many great gifs.

Okay... so the stock exchange thingy in in the browser of the phone...
Wish i found out earlier... :(

Anyway, the longer i play the game the less i understand of how the hell they were able create a world that is so completely filled with detail and things to do.

Rockstar am gods. What a masterpiece!

Liamario

Banned
Anyone having problems with cars disappearing. I bought a car, did it up, drove it to Michaels and then started the mission (all as franklin) and it has since disappeared. I reordered a new one and then when I went to the garage after saving, there were duplicate cars of a completely different model and both upgraded the same way ?!
The duplicate car was a car I already owned. So, not only did the car I order not appear, I instead received a duplicate of an existing car :-(

Tawpgun

Gonna post this again. I'm disappointed they added more variations to aiming modes because it splits the userbase too thin in GTA Online.

I personally think Online should be Free aim (maybe assisted free aim but I can't tell the difference) but unfortunately people would whine.

When you choose free aim or auto aim in campaign thats the setting you get in Online, so it only matches you up with those people. This means if you have it set for free aim you will NEVER get matched up with an entire pool of players that stick to auto aim.

It was annoying enough on the 360 with 3 aiming modes to choose from. But not it seems like there are like 6. And the player base is much smaller on next gen then it was on last gen.

:(

I just want to be able to consistently get 30 player lobbies.

Anyone having problems with cars disappearing. I bought a car, did it up, drove it to Michaels and then started the mission (all as franklin) and it has since disappeared. I reordered a new one and then when I went to the garage after saving, there were duplicate cars of a completely different model and both upgraded the same way ?!
The duplicate car was a car I already owned. So, not only did the car I order not appear, I instead received a duplicate of an existing car :-(

yes, i also have had cars disappearing even after putting them in the garage.
I now bought a bigger garage downtown.. maybe that helps.

It's a shame cause some of these cars cost a fortune in pimping.

Durden77

My day night cycle seems to be glitched. It's been about 2 weeks game time and it's never been night. Anyone know how to fix this? I need the street races

shandy706

So, police choppers....can you shoot them down? What do you shoot them down with? Is there a bazooka, RPG or rocket launcher available or something?

Did this last night. 2 birds one rocket. Thought I had missed, but their blades hit the rocket.

jqabyn.gif

You can shoot them down with anything really. I took one helicopter out wither a silenced pistol. Just shot the pilot through the front window as he was turning towards me.

Raptomex

You can use an RPG. Since GTA IV I've always had a sense of satisfaction when I shoot the pilot. Especially from a distance.

neshcom

Banned
The email disappears from both Maude and the Wildlife Photography Commision. I went to the quarry where I thought the first bail bond was supposed to be and nothing happened.
Spoiler to help you progress because I had the same on PS3:
he is still at the quarry, but further back in the smaller section (east side of the quarry). He'll be near a pickup truck. You should see dialogue subtitles when you get near.
Other than that first one, I was able to find the rest pretty easily by matching up the photos with roadways.

Tigress

You can use an RPG. Since GTA IV I've always had a sense of satisfaction when I shoot the pilot. Especially from a distance.

A well placed sniper shot to the tail prop works wonders as well (never tried it until ps4 so while I know I heard complaints that rockstar made that less a vulnerability, it is still there. You just gotta know where to hit and if I can do it, anyone can <- I am not the best player).

JZA

Has anyone here started substantially playing the game in first-person? I like playing other popular FPS so I thought I would enjoy this mode more. I'm curious what settings are ideal to enjoy this mode the most.

todahawk

Fuck yes!
I start with a three star, hop on a train with a full load of ammo and pop chopper pilots like it's going out of style. Nothing better than getting the pilot with the first shot from a sniper rifle.

I also wait until the ropes go down and try to get the pilot while the swat dudes are trying to rappel down.

A well placed sniper shot to the tail prop works wonders as well (never tried it until ps4 so while I know I heard complaints that rockstar made that less a vulnerability, it is still there. You just gotta know where to hit and if I can do it, anyone can <- I am not the best player).

holy hell, trying that tonight!

Tigress

Has anyone here started substantially playing the game in first-person? I like playing other popular FPS so I thought I would enjoy this mode more. I'm curious what settings are ideal to enjoy this mode the most.

I practically refuse to play in third person now. Except where it's just not possible (and I always feel like I lose when that happens). Mainly the only time so far is having to pick up objects with the helicopter (I even try to set them down in first person really). Oh, and when I want to admire my neons on my Zenterno cause you can only see them when the car is on. And I still feel like I'm cheating or something by doing so (even though I think I drive better in first person actually. Though it could be that the changed driving mechanics are helping me or more likely, the controller's triggers that are easier to portion how much gas/brake you are putting on over the PS3 controller).

holy hell, trying that tonight!

Aim for the little rod that connects the prop to the tail. I find right around that area is the sweet spot.

Every single time I try flying a plane in a game. I give up, I was not meant to fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vCKJB5Fr6c

Use your rudders! (L1/R1 or LB/RB)

You turn using your rudders, you bank left and right using the stick.

I love flying in GTA games and I'm proud to say that I'm pretty good at it, gold medaled all of the stunt plane trials. The Hgih/Low one was pretty tough mostly because of the segment near the end where you need to go upside down and effectively fly upside down, down the slopes of Mt. CHiliad.

dedhead54

I am. Played about 12 hours, all in first person. Died a little more than I did during missions when I played on last gen. I do have it set to switch to third person when in cover. Upped the sensitivity just a bit for first person as well.

Driving the motorbikes in first-person in this game is amazing. I'm so accustomed to how my Akuma handles, so I'm able to weave in and out of traffic and dodge obstacles with ease. It just feels so precise and satisfying driving bikes in first-person.

Muffdraul

But he helmet is really really annoying

Yeah, when I get on a bike I take off immediately and try to never stop long enough for them to put the helmet on. When I do, I get off so they'll take it off, and get back on. I never wear sunglasses anymore either. The first person vision limitation stuff should probably be an on/off thing in the options menu.

woen

But he helmet is really really annoying

It's really annoying with the military jet. The HUD is really cool but damn, why can't you throw away the dark filter ? And why can't we have a FOV slider for vehicles ? It looks like I'm driving or flying with binoculars ALL THE TIME.

Durden77

I know it's on the same page, but I really gotta figure out if there's a fix for this. I'm gonna lose a lot of progress if not.

Edit : Top of new page instead it seems

My day night cycle seems to be glitched. It's been about 2 weeks game time and it's never been night. Anyone know how to fix this? I need the street races

Weird... did you use a cheat to do that and maybe not turn it off? Mine's been normal/consistent. Maybe start a mission that advances time and see if that kicks it into gear.

neshcom

Banned
I know it's on the same page, but I really gotta figure out if there's a fix for this. I'm gonna lose a lot of progress if not.

Edit : Top of new page instead it seems
Assuming saving in a bed doesn't do anything? Is it the same in GTAO or a new single player file?

The email disappears from both Maude and the Wildlife Photography Commision. I went to the quarry where I thought the first bail bond was supposed to be and nothing happened.

I had this same issue on PS3 (email from Maude disappeared), luckily when I went to the quarry it triggered the event and from then on I got the emails. Maybe try at different times of day/week?

drove around the desert last night robbing convenience stores with a dirt bike... was pretty fun because you can actually drive the bike inside haha i saved a file nearby and i practiced it 25 times or so. i got pretty good and racing up to the door at a fast speed with my gun already drawn, ramming through the door and shooting the clerk in the head before he could even talk

then robbed the cashier tills still wearing a moto-x helmet and a tank top looking like the main character in Place Behind the Pines or whatever

I've been dressing up Franklin in a varsity jacket with a pig mask, and going all Hotline Miami on those Armenian gangsters out in the South LS junk yard. Or Hanging Out with all 3 characters and raiding armoured cars.

M and T stole am ambulance a couple nights ago and dressed up in coveralls and goalie masks just like in Heat and blocked the road on one... was a pretty awesome shootout. A body and a car went flying like 20 feet; the explosion spread to the nearby field and a huge grass fire started... and even as we escape down the hill... a flaming tire rolled by, I shit you not lol

Aim for the little rod that connects the prop to the tail. I find right around that area is the sweet spot.

Any gif or vid of this? I gotta try this. I'm a bad shot and I just use my AR to spray at the chopper.

I seem to recall that spraying at a car enough will make it blow up....is it the same with chopper?

drove around the desert last night robbing convenience stores with a dirt bike... was pretty fun because you can actually drive the bike inside haha i saved a file nearby and i practiced it 25 times or so. i got pretty good and racing up to the door at a fast speed with my gun already drawn, ramming through the door and shooting the clerk in the head before he could even talk

then robbed the cashier tills still wearing a moto-x helmet and a tank top looking like the main character in Place Behind the Pines or whatever

I've been dressing up Franklin in a varsity jacket with a pig mask, and going all Hotline Miami on those Armenian gangsters out in the South LS junk yard. Or Hanging Out with all 3 characters and raiding armoured cars.

M and T stole am ambulance a couple nights ago and dressed up in coveralls and goalie masks just like in Heat and blocked the road on one... was a pretty awesome shootout. A body and a car went flying like 20 feet; the explosion spread to the nearby field and a huge grass fire started... and even as we escape down the hill... a flaming tire rolled by, I shit you not lol
oh bah gawd, dis game shud be banned!

I had this same issue on PS3 (email from Maude disappeared), luckily when I went to the quarry it triggered the event and from then on I got the emails. Maybe try at different times of day/week?
That worked! Thank you! Now to figure out why my Wildlife Photos can't be sent anymore.

Top Bottom