• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

This is the slowest fucking download ever. 3 hours in and less than 10gb done, holy fuck I should've just gone to the store and get a physical copy.

Just wait for the install!

Seriously, took me some 12 or even 14 hours total (not sure, went to bed) and I have fairly decent internet.

Just picked this up last night and UGH, that first person deadzone is awful! How did that even get passed play testing? You have to move the stick more than a centimetre before the camera shift is perceptible and then suddenly you're swinging off to the side. So bad.
move the stick 1/4 of a cm then wait: oh look the aim is moving slowly. Not dead zone.

Tainted

I think I've gone as far as I want to, honestly cannot be assed going for the Knife Flights, Stunt Jumps & Under the Bridges again (I did them all previously on the 360)

cvYrYIv.png

I have now put 188hrs into GTAV across the the 360 and PS4, I think I'm now officially burnt out from GTA lol

Umm, so I was playing as Michael, chilling at his house, when I hear this MASSIVE crash, the screen shakes and then I hear a huge BOOM! I run outside and a plane had crashed into the building and street behind Michael's house. HAs anyone else seen anything like this?

woen

The mission back in North Yankton is really one the shittiest ever made. The
Chinese
have infinite mans and weapons when you only have a single silenced pistol and when you can't run because 20 fucking ennemies are killing you in 3 sec.

On PS360 it was already exactly like that and I remember dying before fucking getting pass that shitty mission.

cilonen

Chinese
have infinite mans and weapons when you only have a single silenced pistol and when you can't run because 20 fucking ennemies are killing you in 3 sec.

On PS360 it was already exactly like that and I remember dying before fucking getting pass that shitty mission.

It's the low point of the game mechanically. I really struggle with that one too.

shiba5

Chinese

I just skip it now. It's not worth it.

woen

Yep I skipped it on PS3 and then on PS4.

The other
Chinese
mission where you have to rescue
Michael
has some bad moments too where you can get too easily killed (by the shotgun for example) even when you know the pattern of the ennemies/corridors. I skipped it too.

The other
Chinese
mission where you have to rescue
Michael
has some bad moments too where you can get too easily killed (by the shotgun for example) even when you know the pattern of the ennemies/corridors. I skipped it too.

That was a fun mission if you have the grenade launcher.

leng jai

Chinese

That wasn't too bad really, just need to stay in cover and slowly HS all of them. There's also his L3/R3 slow-mo.

What I want to know is who green lit all these woeful flying missions and then had the audacity to force you to do precise cargo drops. Fucking ridiculously tedious.

Matush

Quick question guys, what is the order of tbe new songs? Are they after the segment of old ones, or are they mixed up?

shandy706

Well, just beat the game for the first time.

Great game!

Anyone else notice Guybrush Threepwood was one of the game testers? HaHa

These credits are loooooooooong. I like the flybys though....game is huge! Going to explore some now.

I just finished the story of the PS4 version, my 2nd playthrough after 100%ing the PS3 version last year.

I was unsure whether this or SA was better, but despite the next-gen shine, the 2nd time round has made me nostalgic for SA, I think on reflection it's the better game. Wish there was a HD version for PS3/PS4 like 360.

I wish, I really wish. If they added these two cities with extra missions then damn. SA might have a true challenger.

Cronnie

Damn, I'd make a backup of your SP game save to avoid what just happened to me.

Been playing online a lot recently and loaded up into SP to find that my autosave file had somehow been overwritten by a different save slot, lost my 40% or so completion and gone back to 13%.

Tried to restore the autosave stored on PS+, unfortunately it uploaded the 13% one, so I'd suggest making a backup just in case :(

neshcom

Banned
Chinese

It's annoying because you're used to killi and moving up when you really only get two good chances to move up. They come so spread out that you can only move up once after the first guys and then after two or three more waves of men. And you can grab an AK from the first pair of dudes that should last most of the firefight.

Spoiler question around that same point:
I could have sworn Trevor's outburst about Brad was more based on someone telling him, not just a random hunch. I know Lester was super dodgy, but the conversation in Michael's house was pretty poorly written. Just stuck out to me compared to my first playthrough.

The Chinese drop AKs on that mission. Go over the bodies and you'll pick them up.

Just finished the story. Still processing everything. What I will say is this game feels incredibly complete. Nothing left on the table to nickel and dime us with. Really really feels nice not to have that happen.

Does Queen never, ever play for anyone else?

I've played for hours turning it to that station and I've never heard a second of Radio Ga Ga come on.

Juice

Damn, I'd make a backup of your SP game save to avoid what just happened to me.

Been playing online a lot recently and loaded up into SP to find that my autosave file had somehow been overwritten by a different save slot, lost my 40% or so completion and gone back to 13%.

Tried to restore the autosave stored on PS+, unfortunately it uploaded the 13% one, so I'd suggest making a backup just in case :(

I always rotate save slots for this reason

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

I've played for hours turning it to that station and I've never heard a second of Radio Ga Ga come on.

I've had it play earlier on in the game in the car once and after a cutscene where I end up in a stripclub.

Haven't heard Queen since.

The Llama

On one hand, that'd be incredible. On the other, I feel like there's a lot that wouldn't work (the desert is waaaaay too big and has NOTHING going on, and the roads around San Fierro don't really seem to make sense with the geography). Still, if someone offered me that, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

On a somewhat related note, one of my major disappointments with GTA5's map is how small the desert is. Like, I understand why the mountainous areas can't be desert, but I was hoping for a larger desert area.

saunderez

I've had it play a few times. It does suck that some channels still have way too few songs though. I've heard Pervert by The Descendents about 100 times since I started playing. I'm a big fan of The Descendents but its way too frequent, feels like theres about 5 songs on the punk/hardcore station all up.

mephixto

Banned
So I just got my PS4 + GTA and TLOU bundle but I'm a kinda dissapointed with how the controls feel, its like trying to handle a tank. It feel unresponsive and with heavy input lag, Did I set up something wrong with my PS4 or the game itself was develop that way?

Tainted

Decided to "finish" it again (even though I told myself I wasn't going to bother this time around).

The submarine and nuclear parts can go get fucked though ... Not going to do those again as I did on the 360 :0

Collecting all the spaceship parts & letter scraps plus doing that damn Coyote cross country triathlon were a goddam chore though...I dont know why I put myself through it again after doing on the 360 :-/

imPBovm.png

I have the same problem, but for 'Wayward Son'. That song is one of my favorite new songs in the game, and it barely ever comes on. 'Radio Ga Ga', on the other hand, is on all the time.

So I just got my PS4 + GTA and TLOU bundle but I'm a kinda dissapointed with how the controls feel, its like trying to handle a tank. It feel unresponsive and with heavy input lag, Did I set up something wrong with my PS4 or the game itself was develop that way?

It's not you, it's the game. The input lag is ridiculous, it makes sniping almost impossible for me. We just gotta hope Rockstar address it. I don't remember it being like this on PS3...

Marvel

could never
There's a called Don I think who wants me atop a skyscraper to start the next mission (stranger/freak) I do not know how to get up there. I'm assuming I need to find a Heli?

I can't afford one lol.

There's a called Don I think who wants me atop a skyscraper to start the next mission (stranger/freak) I do not know how to get up there. I'm assuming I need to find a Heli?

I can't afford one lol.

Which skyscraper is it? If it's the one that is still being built, you can climb to the top via a yellow crane/ladder on the side of the building.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to whoever it was that posted the car duplication trick. I've made so much use of it during my playthrough it's not even funny, and it's made the game immensely more enjoyable.

nate75

I can't afford one lol.

you can steal one from vespucci helipad, you may have to wait around for a while for one to land though

Top Bottom