• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

SJRB

Gold Member
Just did the diamond heist. It still pisses me off that the game punishes you for
going cheap on the gunman, even when you take the silent approach and have absolutely no reason to hire the best/most expensive crewmember.

That stupid fuck dropped 1.2 million dollar, for fucks sake.

I didn't notice this in the last-gen version, but the dialogue between Michael and his family is hilarious. Here's a clip I put together:

GTA V - Michael hates his family

Michael vs Tracy is the most brutal by far, dude is ruthless haha.

I spent some time last night just wandering around, talking to random pedestrians, listening in on conversations and I overheard some pretty funny ones.

Lady on a cellphone: "I'll do whatever you want, baby. <pause> Ugh, I'm not doing that."
Another lady on a cellphone: "Did you get the picture of my tits? What, you thought they were puppies? That's just what I call them sometimes... Is that your buddies laughing in the background? I'm hanging up now."

antitrop

Finished it up, what an adventure!... again!

I played it at launch on 360 last year and got up to "The Big One", before putting it aside to be finished on the PS4 (as if everyone didn't know it was an inevitability), and it still took me about 40 hours to watch the credits roll. 40 amazing hours.

I spent the vast majority of my time in first-person (over 80%), really only switching to third-person for when the mission design almost forces you to. It really felt like playing a new game, even though it had been just slightly more than a year since I put 30+ hours into it. The immersion factor is just off the charts.

GTA V was still my #2 game of last year, but I enjoyed it immensely more this time through, even. First-person perspective, wider selection of radio tracks, the smoother framerate, and especially and most of all, the lighting, just makes it an absolute delight to be able to explore this world. I've never played another game like it, not even any of the other GTAs, and I've played them all.

What an absolutely masterful achievement in entertainment. The next Red Dead and GTA games will just be the best things ever. Nobody does it like Rockstar. Nobody.

Sammyzuko

Neo Member
Definition of life imitating art.

yesterday I did the famous mission involving the FIB and victim, that ends with Trevor driving the poor guy to the airport telling him is should leave and be an advocate for how useless Torture is.

And today i am reading news coverage on the redacted torture report the CIA has produced, detailing some of what they did in the name of information gathering, and concluding their prisoners eventually made up whatever they thought the CIA wanted to hear.

Those charicatures of cruel and idiotic agents in GTA5 dont seem nearly as exaggerated as they did the first time round.

Haha....good point. Funny that the people who support "enhanced interrogation" are likely the same people who'd criticize a game like GTA for depicting enhanced interrogation.

Flappy

Banned
I'm having too much fun with the taser.

XflnVHH.gif

Dude is so ruthless to his daughter lol.
Jeez.

That was his wife, lol. His daughter was upstairs having sex (I went looking for her and heard her moaning and the sound of a bed knocking against the wall as I approached her bedroom door). XD

I'm having too much fun with the taser.

XflnVHH.gif

I keep meaning to buy this, but every time I boot the game up I get distracted and forget. Looks like so much fun to use.

there are in the strip club still
One of the little 'switch character intros' for Trevor is him chasing two strippers out of the strip club in his underwear, and at least one of them is topless and running around the streets. Not sure how that's different to the Playboy Mansion in Rockstar's minds (maybe they just forgot about it), but there you go.

Hey guys, I'm streaming some GTA V on PS4. I play exclusively FPS free aim and I just finished the fourth heist. My last streaming session was balls-out wild so I'm hoping this one will be just as good. If anyone is interested in checking me out or joining me as I play, here's the link to my channel on Twitch.TV. I'll be playing for the next hour or two, maybe longer. (Til about 10 EST.)

Side note - Streaming through PS4 removes radio music, so you have to bring your own, or listen to the game's own OST and ambient madness

edit - still playin

lmao at some of this shit. dat impromptu landing tho

ctfg23

Just did the diamond heist. It still pisses me off that the game punishes you for
going cheap on the gunman, even when you take the silent approach and have absolutely no reason to hire the best/most expensive crewmember.

That stupid fuck dropped 1.2 million dollar, for fucks sake.

When I played that mission one of the other guys picked up the money after the gunman dropped it so I didn't lose anything. I guess it depends who you pick for the other jobs?

The Argus

How do you get the rail gun to be purchasable?

If you really want it ASAP you can go to the gun range and select its missions. Then aim at your feet... You'll emerge fresh and clean from the hospital with a rail gun with 19 shots left. Not bad for the 20 bucks or whatever it costs to shoot at the range.

Korezo

If you really want it ASAP you can go to the gun range and select its missions. Then aim at your feet... You'll emerge fresh and clean from the hospital with a rail gun with 19 shots left. Not bad for the 20 bucks or whatever it costs to shoot at the range.

Is the gun available online?

SJRB

Gold Member
I forgot: how many Trevor missions are there before
you can play as Michael and Franklin again
?

Just bought GTAV on PS4 from the PSN store. It downloaded and installed and I just tried to start the game and it gave me a warning about changing my power setting so the ps4 doesn't turn off while it installs.

I checked those and it was on 4 hours so clicked to install. Now it has been stuck at 1% installed for the last 30 minutes.

Should I close it all down or should I just leave it and see what happens?

Edit: left it for 30 mins and it's at 3% installed now so is it is doing something, just doing it very slowly.

So I just got to "Did Somebody Say Yoga?" mission for the first time.

This is probably the best thing I've played all year.

That mission can be started by either Michael or Trevor. If you start it with Trevor, you miss a bunch of hilarious dialogue and Trevor's "Did somebody say Yoga" doesn't have nearly the same impact.

ttech10

No, although I have had that happen before. Literally just booted up the game straight to Franklin after playing as him last night. Also noticed all of Franklins cars are gone. Good fun.

A while back on PS3 I had this happen to my online character who was ranked in the 80s-90s and had all the weapons. That was an annoying cost to get them, and ammo, back.

Just bought GTAV on PS4 from the PSN store. It downloaded and installed and I just tried to start the game and it gave me a warning about changing my power setting so the ps4 doesn't turn off while it installs.

I checked those and it was on 4 hours so clicked to install. Now it has been stuck at 1% installed for the last 30 minutes.

Should I close it all down or should I just leave it and see what happens?

Edit: left it for 30 mins and it's at 3% installed now so is it is doing something, just doing it very slowly.

It's actually downloading the game. If you close it, select the game, press options then information, you can check the progress. The way they implement the "play as you download" feature is really dumb. It downloads enough of the game that you can watch a progress bar with less information than the information screen. They should at least tell you that it's downloading and how much data and time is left.

It's actually downloading the game. If you close it, select the game, press options then information, you can check the progress. The way they implement the "play as you download" feature is really dumb. It downloads enough of the game that you can watch a progress bar with less information than the information screen. They should at least tell you that it's downloading and how much data and time is left.

Wow thanks for that I never knew that you could do that to see how much was left to download after the initial smaller download. It's currently sat at 9.55/46GB so think that's going to take a while. Also think my ISP has throttled me now as i have downloaded a load of games on PSN today so better set my PS4 to not turn off.

Can I do anything else with my PS4 now GTAV is installing/downloading because if I start another game up it will shut GTA down or will it keep downloading in the background then finish installing when I start the game up.

Yeah it's a bit sneaky they don't tell you it's downloading as I nearly packed my PS4 up to take it back to the other house where there is no internet hence why I brought it here to download.

Seems to be going very very slowly, I just ran a speed test and my broadband is running at 150MB so not sure why it's going so slow

Wow thanks for that I never knew that you could do that to see how much was left to download after the initial smaller download. It's currently sat at 9.55/46GB so think that's going to take a while. Also think my ISP has throttled me now as i have downloaded a load of games on PSN today so better set my PS4 to not turn off.

Can I do anything else with my PS4 now GTAV is installing/downloading because if I start another game up it will shut GTA down or will it keep downloading in the background then finish installing when I start the game up.

You can launch another game and check if it's still downloading. I know the game will continue downloading without it running, but I'm not sure if launching a different game will pause it. I don't know if it will continue downloading in rest mode either.

ttech10

When I played that mission one of the other guys picked up the money after the gunman dropped it so I didn't lose anything. I guess it depends who you pick for the other jobs?

I had hired a cheap driver.
He got shot off his bike right before the tunnel and I hopped off the bike and collected it, cause of course I didn't want to lose that money. Police killed me pretty quickly but at least when the game reloaded I had the money on me and was on the bike.

I had hired a cheap driver.
He got shot off his bike right before the tunnel and I hopped off the bike and collected it, cause of course I didn't want to lose that money. Police killed me pretty quickly but at least when the game reloaded I had the money on me and was on the bike.

I just drove over his bag and it automatically picked it up. I did the same thing on PS3 too, but that was purely accidental.

Tobor

Just keep progressing in the story.

After Trevor crashes the cargo plane into the sea
if I remember correctly.

What's really neat is that there is a free rail gun in the
cargo plane at the bottom of the Alamo sea.

I went back with the scuba gear and found it.

Where do you start it? Any of the Yoga icons?

That mission starts just outside Michael's house. It's marked with an M. It'll be an orange M on Trevor's map or a blue M on Michael's map.

Edit: I'm confusing this mission with "Fame or Shame". The one where Trevor comes to Michael's house for the first time. The line "Did somebody say yoga?" is used to great comedic effect, that is kind of lost if you start the mission with Trevor.

Here's a video with the extra dialogue in case you missed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnHWXTS6f0

ttech10

I just drove over his bag and it automatically picked it up. I did the same thing on PS3 too, but that was purely accidental.

I didn't even try that. Good to know for my next playthrough.
I was too worried about losing the money that I stopped shortly before the bag to pick it up. In my second playthrough I hired a better driver so he wouldn't get shot.

The Argus

Why did the change the airport jet spawns? Now the only Jet is the scripted one that lands and parks by Franklin's hanger. There used to be a bunch parked around in the OG version. Now I never see them taxi or take off either. Kinda lame.

Does anyone have any tips for successfully stealing a jet from Fort Zancudo without it getting hit? I could do it on the PS3 no worries, but on PS4 the moment my wheels leave the ground I get hit. I don't die so it's not a tank shell, and there's no warning tone of any kind. I don't know if it's a jet-fired missile or SAM. I stay hugging the ground but it makes no difference.

Any tips?

antitrop

This games CHEWS through my controller batteries, everything kicks the rumble motors.

If you really want to fucks wit it, you can buy a larger, longer-lasting battery to put in the DS4. You just have to hold it there with some electrical tape.

antitrop

Oh yeah yeah ive seen the michael ver twice now ha ha

Good juxtaposition between when the instructor says it followed by trevor.

God steven ogg did such an amazing job

My favorite moment in the game is still when he drives patri...i mean, mrs mendoza home.

That oeter cetera music

All three protagonists and Lamar set the high-mark for video game voice acting. Right up there with Joel and Ellie from TLOU.

Lamar is the best, though.

antitrop

Man i am THAT guy who just doesnt get that character. He annoyed me the second time more than he did last year.

One of the best supporting characters in the history of the medium. It's cool if you don't like him, though. It's pretty easy to see how he can get on someone's nerves.

SJRB

Gold Member
The new Radio Los Santos tracks are grim as fuck, I love it. Really, REALLY love the new tracks on pretty much every channel. FlyLo FM is a hit-or-miss, but Medication Meditation is one of the best tracks I've heard all year.

So good not to hear the same tracks every hour. Also, freaking Highway to the Dangerzone is so freaking amazing while racing the highways at full speed.

GTAV is the GOAT.

Top Bottom