• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guns N Roses tour to be announced within days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon I would still go and see them, I was lucky enough to see them in 1988 which was the "classic" line up I guess and then after that on the Illusion tour, I saw them at Donington in 2006 and it was Axl and hired hands and also in 2011 (I think in Manchester) admittedly I was well oiled and we knew he was turning up late on that UK tour so we strolled into the venue at 10.45pm and he came on at 11pm and finished around 1.30-2am and honestly it was great fun.

I would imagine with this reunion if it happens he will be contractually obliged to get on stage by a certain time, that's what the Donington organiser did and in true fashion he still got his own little F you in by coming on early for once!

suplex

I saw them a few years ago when it was bumblefoot and whoever else and it was a good show. Sure they made people wait a bit and didn't start until 11, but they played for about three hours and sounded good. Axl would leave the stage every few songs I assume to "freshen up" and maybe that's why the show turned out pretty good. I'd definitely try to go see them again with Slash back in the mix.

Will be there for sure... I saw Gn'R in Toronto in 1991 and play the role of Izzy in a Gn'R tribute band; I have to be at this show...

Let us say Axl and Slash found their middle-ground.

But.

Izzy. I find hard to beleive he'd want to perform.

Steven. Poor guy, I am not sure can he even perform.

Would love to happen, but I see many obstacles, even if A&S are like brothers now.
Why wouldn't Izzy sign on? Some fun, relive the glory days without the substance abuse... he loves playing live and joined Gn'R (aka the Axl/Bumblefoot/whatever show) for something like 10 shows a few years back...

Steven... I dunno... he recovered somewhat from the stroke but up to performing? Maybe not 100%, but they could always get Matt Sorum on board too...

These guys were family for years before it all fell apart... given enough time and distance - and the natural mellowing that comes with age and perspective - they're probably all willing to let go of all the crap that came with the last couple years.

Coins

Banned
There's no way that Matt Sorum plays. Axl hates him. Steven has been touring with his band so I think he's good to go.

Metalmarc

Eh, assuming it's Slash, Izzy, Duff and possibly Matt Sorum as Adler doesn't seem to be liked by the rest of the band it would be tight as hell. They're pretty much all t totallers anyway.

Axl on the other hand...

Yeah it's axl I'm talking about, if he's on form it will be good, and I'm sure it will at first, it's just I have a feeling Axl will mess it up halfway through the tour and make it look awkward for everyone. If he goes back to his old ways.

Sulik2

Oh man. This will be awesome. I was way to young to see them when they were together, but I saw new GnR in '03 and Slash with Myles Kennedy last year. I would love to see the original lineup.

I would like to see this too. Went to see them in the early 2000s and Axl, Dizzy and the merry band performed a great set. Mostly classics and barely any new material, which is perfect in my book.

The only bad part of that show is that buckethead had already left at the point.

iMax

axl-rose-then-and-now.jpg

TCqaDWy.png

The title should say Guns N' Roses tour to be cancelled within days.

If they pull it off, good for them but I'm not getting my hopes up.

holy shit this before/after is a work of art, it took years of food, drugs and alcohol to attain that physique,

this competes against Michael Jackson's transformation, but without plastic surgery.

To be fair, I don't believe Axl ever got into drugs and alcohol the same way as the others, certainly not to Slash's extent. Although now even Slash is sober if I recall correctly.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My first concert was a Guns N Roses show in 1993, for my 11th birthday. My dad promised to get me tickets if they'd come to Fargo, since he believed they would never come. I barely remember the actual show, but I do remember the drunk/high ass holes behind us who kinda ruined things for me!

I'm 33 now, and I rarely go to arena shows but I might consider this. Might.

Sobriquet

This information is from one site. All of the other stories are linking to it.

Having said that, I hope it happens. I saw them in '88 and '92. Would see again. If it doesn't... oh well, I saw them in their prime.

If they subbed out Axl for Miles Kennedy and kept the rest of the original band, I'd be in.

Axl's voice is horrible now. I mean DREADFUL.

I can't imagine anything short of special voice-over effects would make this a good show.

All shows scheduled to start at 9pm....no guarantee Axl takes the stages before 3am.

I'd definitely risk it to go see them if it's the original line-up. But, won't hold my breath it even happens or they'll make through an entire tour together.

Kuros

how original is this formation? are we talking Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler?

Izzy probably. Adler is currently clean but has health issues and I don't know what state his drumming is. I don't think anyone would have an issue with Sorum.

All of them are still good mates apart from obviously Axl and I don't know how much Adler has to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom