• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition |OT| The Best Marketing This Game Will Get

Felensis

Banned
If I do preorder it via Xbox Store will I get charged for it instantly because of HW1 or like other preorders only when the game (HW2) gets released?

amardilo

Is this not yet out or not available to pre-download before release?

I pre-ordered the Definitive Edition of Halo Wars 2 on the Windows 10 store (a few weeks ago) and it says I own Halo Wars but there is no download option.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is this not yet out or not available to pre-download before release?

I pre-ordered the Definitive Edition of Halo Wars 2 on the Windows 10 store (a few weeks ago) and it says I own Halo Wars but there is no download option.
You need to wait for a key from Xbox. No pre load.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Is this a preorder incentive, or simply included as part of the HW2:UE?

As in, if I buy HW2 after launch will I still get this?

Hawk269

Is this a preorder incentive, or simply included as part of the HW2:UE?

As in, if I buy HW2 after launch will I still get this?

I believe it is an item given to you if you buy the UE of HW2. I don't think you get it if you buy the regular version of HW2.

nekkid

I believe it is an item given to you if you buy the UE of HW2. I don't think you get it if you buy the regular version of HW2.

It's a ultimate edition bonus which gives early access to DE

Maybe I wasn't clear. What I meant was, if I buy the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition after launch, will this still be included?

nekkid

I don't see why not.

Well if it was a preorder bonus then it would only be given away before the launch of HW2. I wasn't sure if it was "included" or a "preorder bonus".

Basically I want HW:DE and am happy to buy the HW2 Ultimate Edition to get it, but I want to stop being burned by high prices and buggy games at launch.

vewn

90€ for an upscaled version of a 7 year old game... I don't care for Halo Wars 2, I find the artstyle and new models ugly.

nekkid

90€ for an upscaled version of a 7 year old game... I don't care for Halo Wars 2, I find the artstyle and new models ugly.

It's really hard to know where to begin while trying to unravel your logic.

zeox

I was on the edge for HW2 UE, but seeing they haven't bothered with matchmaking for this I might as well not bother buying it :/

iFirez

Has anyone got their code yet? Was expecting them to be rolling out by now. Luckily I've just started FFXV so I have a lot to do to keep me busy game wise before Christmas.

This is play anywhere, right?

e: nvm i actually looked at the OT for more than half a second smh. this is enough for me to preorder this game, tbh.

I kinda get the lack of marketing for the DE, given it's a pre-order bonus on an Ultimate edition. It's not a stand-alone release - yet. This is only for die-hards.

Memory

360 version is on BC so you can get it for 5 bucks.

HW DE is actually "free", your paying for HW2 and session pass.

If you want HW DE separate its 20 bucks.

If you pre-order the Physical ultimate edition do you get Halo Wars The Definitive Edition, because on Best Buy website it says that it is included in the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition.

Tecnniqe

Banned
This is play anywhere, right?

e: nvm i actually looked at the OT for more than half a second smh. this is enough for me to preorder this game, tbh.
😬

I thought it would unlock today, but now i gotta wait for some code... Oh well, hopefully it won't take too long.
It's a weird system but yeah, sometime today you should get a code in your Xbox message center😉
If you pre-order the Physical ultimate edition do you get Halo Wars The Definitive Edition, because on Best Buy website it says that it is included in the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition.
You do, but unless they give you a key to activate right now...😐

OrochiJR

I was always wondering, how well does this play with a pad? The playability on console will decide if I get this bundle since my notebook is old and sucks.

witness

Oh I never realized that you don't get charged immediately for preordering a game on Live. I just assumed that it was like PSN here in the US. I'll just go ahead with my preorder now then.

vewn

*sigh*

No.

Don't even bother to read the second part of my post. Since the Microsoft Store says that HW DE is only available through the 90€ edition I assumed it's exclusive to that (e.g. Modern Warfare remastered).

360 version is on BC so you can get it for 5 bucks.

HW DE is actually "free", your paying for HW2 and session pass.

If you want HW DE separate its 20 bucks.

I own HW as a promo copy for 360 so if I had an Xbone that wouldn't be the issue.
See answer above, I didn't know that apparently it's available as a standalone sometime
in the future since the Windows store doesn't offer it (currently).

Tecnniqe

Banned
Don't even bother to read the second part of my post. Since the Microsoft Store says that HW DE is only available through the 90€ edition I assumed it's exclusive to that (e.g. Modern Warfare remastered).

I own HW as a promo copy for 360 so if I had an Xbone that wouldn't be the issue.
See answer above, I didn't know that apparently it's available as a standalone sometime
in the future since the Windows store doesn't offer it (currently).
You're really grasping after some straws here. It's said to be ~$20 after HW2 release...

Even still, the price is HW2+SP with a free game thrown in for those that buy that edition.

PaulLFC

Looking forward to playing this, pre-ordered the Ultimate edition a couple of days ago.

Can't say I understand or agree with their stance of sending out access to the Definitive Edition in waves "from" today though - why not just unlock it for all pre-orders at the same time, especially if it's already registered to buyers' Microsoft accounts, which it seems to be (shows up in my Manage content for Halo Wars 2).

If I were to pre-order a game it wouldn't say "you'll get your code at some point after release, we send them a few at a time", so I don't understand what's different here.

Top Bottom