• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The options are:

1) Abandon Israel and start over, await the next pogrom under someone else’s authority

2) Stop defending themselves, open the borders, and await extermination by Jihadists

3) Pretend the Hamas Massacre didn’t happen despite everyone in the country being directly affected, carry on as normal

4) Go to war with Hamas and destroy them while minimizing civilian loss of life, restructure Gaza to prevent the government from freely radicalizing the population in perpetuity

5) Genocide everyone in enemy territory

The Arab world prefers 1 or 2.

3 is impossible and would result in the government collapsing and being replaced with hardliners who would carry out something more resembling 5.

4 is a justified response that will ensure Israel’s security and gives the best chance to Palestinian civilians long-term.

5 is what the Arab world claims is already happening (it’s not).

There’s only one reasonable choice here.
The best thing to do is go after Hamas as much as possible. If for whatever reason all the other Israel hating countries get involved and it becomes to much to handle that's different. But given what's happened now where it seems the are controlling Gaza, keep going.

It's like what I said a week or so ago about ant hills. If someone has an ant infestation, a homeowner is dreaming if they think the problem will just go away on its own. And putting down 1 shitty ant trap hoping it works, good luck. Theyll just keep coming. That trap wont do enough long term damage to solve the issue. So you got to go hard, seal up any cracks, and doing tons of traps and ant spray. If it gets unbearably bad, you call an exterminator who do a blanket spray everywhere. Problem solved.

I had tons of ants outside in my patio stone cracks. Who knows why. Suddenly one year they are everywhere. I plastered those cracks with so much ant spray, it solved it in days. Never had the issue since.

My concern isnt so much the patio stones. Who cares. It's more about not letting my property to get too many ants swarming around because I dont want them suddenly going into my house. Like taking out Hamas, taking out ant hoards is a future preventative issue. It'll never solve every one, but the more gotten rid of the better.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
What do you make of this?

"Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended Israel’s regular allowing of Qatari funds to be transferred into Gaza, saying it is part of a broader strategy to keep Hamas and the Palestinian Authority separate, a source in Monday’s Likud faction meeting said." -- seemingly with the goal of strengthening Hamas just enough to drive a rift between Hamas and PA, and then stating Palestinian Authority doesn’t represent all the Palestinians to shoot down two-state solution talks. Is it true that Israel has refused to begin talks on this account of 'non-unity' among the Palestinians?
Regardless of what is said. This borders more into conspiracy theory. Read about their (Palestine's) long history and tell me there wasn't division either.

E-Cat

Two state is out of the question. It should have never been offered in the first place.
Doesn't seem tenable -- unless the Palestinians revolting with terror attacks in perpetuity is an acceptable solution to you.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem tenable -- unless the Palestinians revolting with terror attacks in perpetuity is an acceptable solution to you.

But the real question is do they want a 2 state solution or is their main goal to take the whole land?

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Suppose Hamas is removed from the West bank or Gaza entirely. Given the vast religious anti-Semite views which were there long before electing Hamas; what type of power would they elect to replace Hamas? Be realistic here.

E-Cat

But the real question is do they want a 2 state solution or is their main goal to take the whole land?
Hamas? Probably to take the whole land. But I propose their support wouldn't be nearly so high if not for the apartheid state. It's a real Catch-22.
Suppose Hamas is removed from the West bank or Gaza entirely. Given the vast religious anti-Semite views which were there long before electing Hamas; what type of power would they elect to replace Hamas? Be realistic here.
Again, the anti-Israel sentiment is not surprising considering they're being kept in an open-air prison. I'm not saying there's not anti-Semitism, or it would be gone if there were two states. But it would probably cool things down a whole lot. The wounds will take decades to heal, on both sides.

Two-state solution still appears to be the most popular option among Palestinians. Too bad they can't vote...

But what is your solution?

Salty Hippo

What do you make of this?

"Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu defended Israel’s regular allowing of Qatari funds to be transferred into Gaza, saying it is part of a broader strategy to keep Hamas and the Palestinian Authority separate, a source in Monday’s Likud faction meeting said." -- seemingly with the goal of strengthening Hamas just enough to drive a rift between Hamas and PA, and then stating Palestinian Authority doesn’t represent all the Palestinians to shoot down two-state solution talks. Is it true that Israel has refused to begin talks on this account of 'non-unity' among the Palestinians?

He's a terrible prime minister but none of the decades-old refusals to a two-state solution by the arab world, or their multiple genocide attempts against jews are on Bibi I'm afraid. Like I said in my previous post, Israel has been attacked by their neighbors ever since the first partitions plan proposed by the UN, simply because those neighbors have decided that jews shouldn't exist. It's no wonder there are some people in Israel who have become resentful. Still, nowhere nearly as much as the other side despite having arguably more motive.

E-Cat

He's a terrible prime minister but none of the decades-old refusals to a two-state solution by the arab world, or their multiple genocide attempts against jews are on Bibi I'm afraid. Like I said in my previous post, Israel has been attacked by their neighbors ever since the first partitions plan proposed by the UN, simply because those neighbors have decided that jews shouldn't exist. It's no wonder there are some people in Israel who have become resentful. Still, nowhere nearly as much as the other side despite having arguably more motive.
Yes, the history is what it is, but what has Israel done lately to push for the two-state solution?

Also, the UN creating a state for the jews where presumably a lot of arabs were forcibly(?) removed from their homes doesn't seem entirely non-problematic. The resentment goes back a long way...

Last edited:

Salty Hippo

Yes, the history is what it is, but what has Israel done lately to push for the two-state solution?

Also, the UN creating a state for the jews where presumably a lot of arabs were forcibly(?) removed from their homes doesn't seem entirely non-problematic. The resentment goes back a long way...

What exactly makes you think they would accept it now after rejecting it for 80+ years? If "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" actually meant "Give us our fair and equal share" instead of its actual meaning which is "Kill every single jew in this territory", I'd have less trouble believing this was a tangible and noble goal from the palestinian side.

Last edited:

E-Cat

User removed for derailing thread around himself
What exactly makes you think they would accept it now after rejecting it for 80+ years? If "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" actually meant "Give us our fair and equal share" instead of its actual meaning which is "Kill every single jew in this territory", I'd have less trouble believing this was a tangible and noble goal from the palestinian side.
But, again, what's the alternative?

Edit: Fyi I got banned from this thread, thanks for letting me know what kind of discourse is acceptable, mods!

Last edited:

Salty Hippo

I think he meant well but the discussion was obviously going in circles.

The options are:

1) Abandon Israel and start over, await the next pogrom under someone else’s authority

2) Stop defending themselves, open the borders, and await extermination by Jihadists

3) Pretend the Hamas Massacre didn’t happen despite everyone in the country being directly affected, carry on as normal

4) Go to war with Hamas and destroy them while minimizing civilian loss of life, restructure Gaza to prevent the government from freely radicalizing the population in perpetuity

5) Genocide everyone in enemy territory

The Arab world prefers 1 or 2.

3 is impossible and would result in the government collapsing and being replaced with hardliners who would carry out something more resembling 5.

4 is a justified response that will ensure Israel’s security and gives the best chance to Palestinian civilians long-term.

5 is what the Arab world claims is already happening (it’s not).

There’s only one reasonable choice here.

To avoid wasting this post I'm gonna quote this once more for exposition. It really is that simple to me and I find it a little crazy that this isn't basically a consensus within western media/people. Jihadists aside, you see a lot of decent, well intentioned people thinking there has to be a 6th alternative when clearly there isn't. Or something in between 3 and 4 which would be "Deal with Hamas but ONLY Hamas", which is completely unrealistic for reasons that should be obvious by now.

JayK47

Guys, I am in an open air prison. I can't literally go anywhere I want. There are places on this world that are too expensive, out of reach, or they have *gasp* borders to keep me out. Also, I would really like to go to Mars, but I am stuck on this stupid open air prison called Earth.

I suspect anybody saying open air prison has never actually been to a prison.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Guys, I am in an open air prison. I can't literally go anywhere I want. There are places on this world that are too expensive, out of reach, or they have *gasp* borders to keep me out. Also, I would really like to go to Mars, but I am stuck on this stupid open air prison called Earth.

I suspect anybody saying open air prison has never actually been to a prison.
In context with what's going on. Palestinians live all over the world. I too raise an eyebrow everytime I hear open air prison. Given the vast number of Islamic countries (if that was where they wanted to be); here were the options in green:
20KBW8p.jpg

Israel being the micro red spot in all this. If Islam is the religion of peace...all those green countries have plenty of space to offer. Just a thought.

ReBurn

Gold Member
In context with what's going on. Palestinians live all over the world. I too raise an eyebrow everytime I hear open air prison. Given the vast number of Islamic countries (if that was where they wanted to be); here were the options in green:
20KBW8p.jpg

Israel being the micro red spot in all this. If Islam is the religion of peace...all those green countries have plenty of space to offer. Just a thought.
The open air prison thing is ridiculous. What kind of prison is full of rockets, automatic weapons, luxury sedans, GoPros, mobile phones....

LordOfChaos

This shitbag knows that at least 5 Canadian citizens were slaughtered on Oct 7, right? This some sort of appeal to Hamas?

I left it without the obvious commentary, but yeah, I don't think Jewish Canadians are feeling particularly safe with all the pro-Hamas rallies.

And the other thing going on recently was a call for Hindu Canadians to leave but all he did was mumble something about free speech about all that as Khalistan sympathizers have become an important swing vote block. Yay, calls for ethnic cleansing here in Canada...

Fuck it, if this is the only controversy the other guy stirs up...

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

One of the UK's biggest proponents of open borders and migration suddenly doesn't like the inevitable results of it...

Chickens coming home to roost for many of these hand wringing, left wing liberals.

I guess us bigots and xenophobic right wing 'nazis' thar opposed it all along, will have to clean up the mess...again.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
One of the UK's biggest proponents of open borders and migration suddenly doesn't like the inevitable results of it...

Chickens coming home to roost for many of these hand wringing, left wing liberals.

I guess us bigots and xenophobic right wing 'nazis' thar opposed it all along, will have to clean up the mess...again.

You see this sometimes in this thread, you wanna rationalize it, but they are not rational. They have a goal to eradicate Jews (Christians will come after), it's shown time and again that even moderates support it, not just Jihadists. But when you think you're smarter more educated, you think surely, if they tasted what I've tasted they'd want it. They don't. They want Sharia law.

Bojji

He recorded it before election, new government will probably bow to EU and accept all those "poor" (but they had shit ton of money for traffickers) people storming Italian coast right now. They will enrich Poland for sure...

Wildebeest

Simon Sharma is a historian who also did some documentaries and occasionally does some more political discussions, often standing against antisemitism. He isn't a cheap demagogue.

Wildebeest

"Hey guys, did you know there is a massive humanitarian crisis in Sudan where the Muslim population is being relocated and suffering crisis levels of hardship in the tens of millions?"

"Oh no! When is the march planned? Why do Jews always do this?"

"No Jews this time. This time it's the Islamic government. Clashing local military forces with help from Russian Wagner Mercenaries."

"Don't care. None of my business. So, so far away."

Last edited:
You see this sometimes in this thread, you wanna rationalize it, but they are not rational. They have a goal to eradicate Jews (Christians will come after), it's shown time and again that even moderates support it, not just Jihadists. But when you think you're smarter more educated, you think surely, if they tasted what I've tasted they'd want it. They don't. They want Sharia law.
Exactly. It is always strange to see folks literally advocating in favor of people, openly chanting "kill the jews". It makes it even more more confusion when even jews support that - like do you really believe that you are "the good ones" that won't be affected when they finally come after you...But certainly, "o" sign is a bigger threat to society.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Exactly. It is always strange to see folks literally advocating in favor of people, openly chanting "kill the jews". It makes it even more more confusion when even jews support that - like do you really believe that you are "the good ones" that won't be affected when they finally come after you...But certainly, "o" sign is a bigger threat to society.
People want to believe in people, we all do. Israel did on some level.

FunkMiller

"Hey guys, did you know there is a massive humanitarian crisis in Sudan where the Muslim population is being relocated and suffering crisis levels of hardship in the tens of millions?"

"No Jews this time. This time it's the Islamic government. Clashing local military forces with help from Russian Wagner Mercenaries."

I think it’s even broader than that. Nobody cares in the west about the suffering of other nations, unless they can find a way to hate the west for it.

It’s absolutely the poison of the entitled western middle class that they hate the very thing that’s given them such a comfortable, easy life.

Israel is always the villain and palestine is always the victim because western values are bad, and eastern values are good.

It’s so stupendously fucked up, it’s quite incredible.

But that’s the problem when you have a society that doesn’t really have anything to complain about - they’ll fucking find something to complain about, even if it’s themselves.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist

One of several situations in the world today, on top of countless the past century. I don't know why people act like it is some ancient thing, no longer a worry. Someone like Sam Harris makes the case too potently for people to handle and they just write him off all the same as situations like this. No one cares or believes until it is their country. Now we even see some fools who have had to flee their country blaming other factors. I'm tired of people protecting this fucked up ancient mindset that only generates hate, oppression, and death just because they fucking suck at thinking so much they can't identify the blatantly obvious conflation used to protect it, the thousands of double standards.

Dr.Morris79

Is Facebook antisemitic?

My account i've had since Facebook first started and just used to post a few pics up for the inlaws to see and is joined to a couple of gaming sites, that's it, seems to pump pro Palestine propaganda on my feed to such a degree I don't even see what my friends post now, it's pure Palestine stuff. I see zero Jewish stuff, at all.

In a thirty second scroll down it is purely this

HEbC3f7.jpg
X6pp7Ti.jpg
Bs8Ojg2.jpg
Aq0m8Zv.jpg
JnVAEsK.jpg
EEgFmWH.jpg
ao0Hngu.jpg
q8exHGS.jpg
zlmNwcR.jpg
uyj6eYa.jpg
Iy60MQE.jpg
lRZ2LDg.jpg
sPkdFMD.jpg

I'm in the UK. I don't even search on Google for anything to do with this war.

What even is this?

Like I say I have seen ZERO posts going the other way. This can't be normal?

My wife says she doesn't see this shit at all.

Gaf is the only site I've ever wrote anything to do with the war and I really only internet on YouTube these days, and even those channels are vehemently against the attack on Oct 7th.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Is Facebook antisemitic?

My account i've had since Facebook first started and just used to post a few pics up for the inlaws to see and is joined to a couple of gaming sites, that's it, seems to pump pro Palestine propaganda on my feed to such a degree I don't even see what my friends post now, it's pure Palestine stuff. I see zero Jewish stuff, at all.

In a thirty second scroll down it is purely this

I'm in the UK. I don't even search on Google for anything to do with this war.

What even is this?

Like I say I have seen ZERO posts going the other way. This can't be normal?

My wife says she doesn't see this shit at all.

Gaf is the only site I've ever wrote anything to do with the war and I really only internet on YouTube these days, and even those channels are vehemently against the attack on Oct 7th.
Report it. Could be what people watch in your area.

Dr.Morris79

Report it. Could be what people watch in your area.
Oh don't worry, I have for a fair few. I won't even post the worst I've seen on there..

Nothing happens though. I've reported even the most abhorrent things on there and have just got back 'We see no problem'

I wonder if anyone can compile this lot and sue the fuckers.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
One day they'll get who they support.

Oh, it's coming. That's when the real division will set in. These people are so fucking oblivious, with their ill-taught world views that it will come back and hurt them physically, should they partake in stupidity such as trying to align the fucking pride movement with Palestine. The most fucking idiotic mindset I have ever witnessed in all of my days of living with thought comprehension. It's astounding, really. People are actually running into the wall of cognitive dissonance. Willingly.

Last edited:
Independent forensic pathologists confirm that babies were indeed decapitated. Any of the people who questioned it in this thread still around to make a comment?

The crazy part is that you need tons of proofs here (and even then people won't believe that and if it is confirmed that will just shrug it off at this point). But of course a single sentence from Hamas is the truth.

LoL at that picture where palestinians are feeding Israel. Guess who does control water, gas and other pipes there? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

wa600

I rarely use Twitter. Yesterday (for the first time) I reported two posts. One person called another a "fucking jewish pig". Another post was a trans person commenting on confirmation of the death of the 12 year old autitstic harry potter girl saying "israel isnt only an apartheid state, but also transphobic"

Today I got two messages from Twitter saying both of these messages dont violate their guidelines.. what a great place twitter is!

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I rarely use Twitter. Yesterday (for the first time) I reported two posts. One person called another a "fucking jewish pig". Another post was a trans person commenting on confirmation of the death of the 12 year old autitstic harry potter girl saying "israel isnt only an apartheid state, but also transphobic"

Today I got two messages from Twitter saying both of these messages dont violate their guidelines.. what a great place twitter is!
Wow... seriously?
If old Twitter censored shit vigorously, then this new version doesn't for a different effect. Discord.

BlackTron

I'll never know what is really going on there because I'll never have an account and you can't see it without one anymore.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I've noticed accounts parroting the same phrases or sentences or even paragraphs, to the T. This looks like one such instance. Bots? More than likely.
Yeah, they have tons of Russian bots prob. That's why you see so much crap on social, I wish Elon did his thing and actually fight the bots. Or at least reveal where their location or something.

Vestal

Yeah, they have tons of Russian bots prob. That's why you see so much crap on social, I wish Elon did his thing and actually fight the bots. Or at least reveal where their location or something.
Well we went from a publicly traded company that had to answer to pressure from advertisers, and share holders. To a company owned by a single troll who answers to absolutely no one and had no expertise or plan to manage a Social Media company.

🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom