• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

Good. Expel her from government. We don't need lying terrorist supporters in positions of power.

I wouldn't exactly say she is in a position of power. She is a congress person, which if we pay attention over the last 2 weeks have no real power to do DICK. Now don't get me wrong though.. She needs to get primaried and tossed out of the party.

It would be absolutely so freaking great if we got rid of both extremes and simply governed from the middle.. Shit who am I kidding. :/

Dr.Morris79

LoL at that picture where palestinians are feeding Israel. Guess who does control water, gas and other pipes there? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Aye, it's total bullshit. As of now Facebook is just unusable, between this shit and adverts it no longer serves a purpose.

My point is though, there is zero Jewish posts, not one. It's all Palestine and muslim. I'm neither, why am I even getting any of this?

I rarely use the site, I doubt I ever will again now.

Total dogshit.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I wouldn't exactly say she is in a position of power. She is a congress person, which if we pay attention over the last 2 weeks have no real power to do DICK. Now don't get me wrong though.. She needs to get primaried and tossed out of the party.

It would be absolutely so freaking great if we got rid of both extremes and simply governed from the middle.. Shit who am I kidding. :/

She should be expelled along with anyone else that talks against The Constitution. Period. There should be no slack for people in Congress. They are supposed to represent us and they've been failing harder in the last 10 years than in all of my life, paying attention to this circus pretending to be a constitutional republic.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

Won't happen as long as crazy people elect other crazy people.

Vestal

She should be expelled along with anyone else that talks against The Constitution. Period. There should be no slack for people in Congress. They are supposed to represent us and they've been failing harder in the last 10 years than in all of my life, paying attention to this circus pretending to be a constitutional republic.
Extremes where always there in Congress though.. Both parties have always had "special" members that were treated as such. Those members are usually marginalized and given no real power. However, between 24hr news networks and social media those extremes are more visible and have become the face of the respective parties.

The real problem comes when those extreme members are propped up by outside groups and special interest that have no earthly vested interest in that congress persons district.

Won't happen as long as crazy people elect other crazy people.
noliesdetected.gif

ReBurn

Gold Member

She represents probably the largest Arabic immigrant population in the country, in a majority democrat millennial-aged district. It would take another democrat to unseat her because there's not a lot of pro-Israel democrat grass roots where she's from. She can lie about Israel all day long and only garner more support. She's probably more likely to catch a sedition charge than to lose her seat democratically, and she won't catch a sedition charge, either.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Being a member of congress isn't a position of power? Da fuq? Where did you move those goalposts?

chlorate

One day they'll get who they support.

I spoke with a young Palestinian a few months ago on a video game-specific Discord and he thought the ideal leader would be like a Palestinian, Muslim version of Ron DeSantis, as he combined strong opposition to LGBT issues, a deep personal faith, and pro-business policy. He was extremely opposed to Israel but kind of conservative.

Vestal

She represents probably the largest Arabic immigrant population in the country, in a majority democrat millennial-aged district. It would take another democrat to unseat her because there's not a lot of pro-Israel democrat grass roots where she's from. She can lie about Israel all day long and only garner more support. She's probably more likely to catch a sedition charge than to lose her seat democratically, and she won't catch a sedition charge, either.

Well that's Democracy though. Everyone has a voice, even the real shitty ones.

If her district feels that she best represents their interest and their voice. If they feel that an ineffective legislature who is marginalized from real policy conversation & implementation due to her extreme views is the best way to represent their district.. 🤷‍♂️

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't force him to drink it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
In the actual context of governing? 1 in 435 holds no real sway or power.
What chu talkin' about, Willis?

A congressman has ENORMOUS power! They sit on committees that draft real legislation. They have an automatic platform of authority, access to media, and an entire staff. There are ARMIES of lobbyists that will do things for them in exchange for legislative action. I'm struggling to think of a single congresscritter that left office poor, most will leave office with MILLIONS in the bank.

A congressman has no power.....wow, that is a worldview alright. But yes, they are not governors, not quite the level of a Senator. But you can't tell me "The Squad" ladies aren't given a massive signal boost purely for being in congress, despite any action, or lack thereof, while they are there.

Salty Hippo

Very hard to argue against it. I've always feared this but I didn't think I would see it in my lifetime. Not sure anymore. Either the west wakes up collectively and takes an incredibly firm stance of self-preservation, or it's just a matter of time.

I'm not confident that Europe will understand this before it's too late, which might already well be. But I believe that the USA as a whole will, eventually. I wish I could live there.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

They've given a lot of extra time over 24 hours so far, but messaging is growing more and more aggressive. The ground invasion has been "soon" for a while, but it seems more imminent

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They've given a lot of extra time over 24 hours so far, but messaging is growing more and more aggressive. The ground invasion has been "soon" for a while, but it seems more imminent

Israel the nicest guys ever in a war. Always giving advance notice for civilians and Hamas to move to another part of town.

Gaza should consider themselves the luckiest people in the world to get notice, leaflets etc...

LordOfChaos

Israel the nicest guys ever in a war. Always giving advance notice for civilians and Hamas to move to another part of town.

Gaza should consider themselves the luckiest people in the world to get notice, leaflets etc...

No one is held to their standards. No other country when attacked is expected to count out the deaths and be directly proportional, and that's not the goal at any rate, it's eliminating Hamas through dense urban warfare where they hide behind civilians.

Portugeezer

Very hard to argue against it. I've always feared this but I didn't think I would see it in my lifetime. Not sure anymore. Either the west wakes up collectively and takes an incredibly firm stance of self-preservation, or it's just a matter of time.

I'm not confident that Europe will understand this before it's too late, which might already well be. But I believe that the USA as a whole will, eventually. I wish I could live there.
Like climate change, we will only start to take meaningful action when it's too late.

Vestal

What chu talkin' about, Willis?

A congressman has ENORMOUS power! They sit on committees that draft real legislation. They have an automatic platform of authority, access to media, and an entire staff. There are ARMIES of lobbyists that will do things for them in exchange for legislative action. I'm struggling to think of a single congresscritter that left office poor, most will leave office with MILLIONS in the bank.

A congressman has no power.....wow, that is a worldview alright. But yes, they are not governors, not quite the level of a Senator. But you can't tell me "The Squad" ladies aren't given a massive signal boost purely for being in congress, despite any action, or lack thereof, while they are there.
I stand by my statement. An individual Congress person such as Talib has very little real power.

Power is gained by coalition building within the halls of Congress.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Like climate change, we will only start to take meaningful action when it's too late.
It doesn’t even have to that giant like global climate change.

Just look at every snow season. The city only sprays road salt AFTER the snow already hits. That’s pointless. The right thing to do is cover roads with salt before snow hits so cars have traction on day one as salt helps melt and prevent snow building up. Cities never seem to do that.

Then after the snow hits, the city plows it and then re-resalt the roads.

It like the city always prefers day one snow days having tons of accidents. Then they salt roads 3 days later. Makes zero sense.

Got to be proactive to get shit under control.

Last edited:

Mikado

China joined the match.

the-business-will-get-out-of-control-smoke.gif

Reactions: Gp1

spons

Gold Member
Mark Rutte going to Israel tomorrow to speak with Netanyahu and Abbas. He's a fucking top-tier diplomat (regardless of his absolute pathetic political career), especially when the EU wants something done that favors the union, such as the Tunisia migration deal or F-16 fighter support for Ukraine.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

War is and never has been nice and clean and fair. Its cruel, ugly brutal and dehumanizing no matter who the combatants are and their respective ideological and ethical stances.

If you go looking for blood and brutality, and you'll find it on every side, every time. No doubt.

But that's no reason for moral equivalence. Sometimes you have to bite the figurative bullet and pick a side. And when you do so, know that you are making yourself an enemy to the other, and deal with that consequence.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
Mark Rutte going to Israel tomorrow to speak with Netanyahu and Abbas. He's a fucking top-tier diplomat (regardless of his absolute pathetic political career), especially when the EU wants something done that favors the union, such as the Tunisia migration deal or F-16 fighter support for Ukraine.
I am not a fan of Rutte, but being the prime minister of a country for over 12 years is not pathetic. Gotta respect the hustle.

That being said: fuck him.

LordOfChaos

These idiots' textbook response of deer in the headlights wide eyed astonishment is hilarious. Stupid mother fuckers looking for social media clout who get an unfortunate reminder that these issues extend to real life and real people.

I didn't see them recording anything for social media clout? There's enough of these assholes being caught with no motive besides antisemitism, tearing down posters of the kidnapped has nothing to do with sympathy for Gaza

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I didn't see them recording anything for social media clout? There's enough of these assholes being caught with no motive besides antisemitism, tearing down posters of the kidnapped has nothing to do with sympathy for Gaza

Maybe, maybe not. I didn't get enough context from the video to make a 100% verification. I'm just of the opinion that the majority of antisemitism on display is coming from the usual net of exceptional individuals whose only reference for politics is "AOC said it, it's good, Orange Man bad,"

Mindless creatures composed of nothing but eyeballs and gnashing teeth, factory bred for the purpose of regurgitating the party line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom