• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

lachesis

UN Secratery General is joining the pro-Hamas protests:

Anyone else want to bring UN stats on Israel? It's all biased af. I'm like, Jews are only 16m people, leave us the fuck alone already. We only have a tiny fucking country. People really fucking hate us for not dying.

I really don't want U.N. anymore, especially WHO fiasco for pandemic, and now this.

I wish they will relocate the UN headquarters to Gaza and have the delegates to live there at least half of the year, especially Secretary General. It will bring peace to that region for sure.
And will rid of the damn traffic jam that I have to deal with in NYC whenever there's a general assembly or whatnot. Heck, The World Economic Forum should also go to Gaza, at the same time, I hope.

BlackTron

Nothing will happen because no one wants to even come close to the terrorist nests of Hamas and Hezbollah, but I would love to see Israel ask the international community for help and, after not getting it, deciding to take matters fully into their own hands, cleaning their backyard, permanently.

While the world blames them for doing it and protests it.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
STrFOXf.png
If you were to read this or see it online some 10-15 years back; it'd easily look like some sick attempt at 'dark humor.' It's hard to believe that the darkest things in people's hearts of anti-Semitism are coming out shameless. Decades of books, testimonies from victims, documentaries, movies about the evil anti-Semitic crimes in the 20th century which it seemed the whole world was appalled by. Now, it appears some just forgot all that or maybe they were like this all along.

The joy in her eyes.

It's evil. With all the apologists coming out of the woodwork; how are they not seeing that Palestine was always the problem. The roots go deeper than just Hamas. Hamas carried out the crime and the innocent civilians cheered it on. The audacity.
While the world blames them for doing it and protests it.
Israel can't defend itself. Remember when the Reichstag parliament was burnt down? Nothing comparable to the backlash for Israel defending what happened on the 7th of October. When Reichstag was burnt down in 1933; it was very easy from that point on for Hitler to convince everyone 'all Jews are evil.' This is completely ignoring everything the Nazis had said or done to Jews prior. That's the disgusting world we live in though. Jews are always to blame just like back then and if Israel dare defend itself, they're considered "war criminals." I'm surprised these pro-Palestine rallies aren't getting packed with white knights and their pointy hates and burning crosses. KKK and pro-Hamas/Palestine are very hard to tell apart at this point.

BlackTron

Say what you want about Biden but I feel like the saving grace in this situation is that his WH fully backed up Israel. I don't think it was a bold move, it's what I should expect, but it's a great opportunity to eff it up and they haven't. PHEW.

America needed to step up to the plate and lead by example here, especially given how it's actually using force projection...basically the opposite of the botched withdrawal. It's almost like the destined final boss for his admin to face old mistakes come to roost with lessons learned (and guns loaded).

Kilau

Say what you want about Biden but I feel like the saving grace in this situation is that his WH fully backed up Israel. I don't think it was a bold move, it's what I should expect, but it's a great opportunity to eff it up and they haven't. PHEW.

America needed to step up to the plate and lead by example here, especially given how it's actually using force projection...basically the opposite of the botched withdrawal. It's almost like the destined final boss for his admin to face old mistakes come to roost with lessons learned (and guns loaded).
Forward facing yea, KJP aside, hopefully behind the scenes as well.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Nothing will happen because no one wants to even come close to the terrorist nests of Hamas and Hezbollah, but I would love to see Israel ask the international community for help and, after not getting it, deciding to take matters fully into their own hands, cleaning their backyard, permanently.
i love this idea they will not but i hope they do it wipe them all out.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Qatar’s War for Young American Minds​

By Eli Lake

October 24, 2023
"
Right now, senior leaders of Hamas, the perpetrators of the worst atrocity against Jews since the Holocaust, are huddled in Qatar. They’ve been there for years. But American foreign policy has turned a blind eye. Why? One reason might be that for the last 25 years, this small, energy-rich state has pumped billions into America to purchase influence and good favor.

The Qataris have spent their lavish fortune at American law firms, on lobbying contracts with former senior officials, and on junkets and partnerships with big media companies. The biggest recipients of Qatari largesse, though, have been major universities and think tanks.

The numbers are staggering. According to a 2022 study from the National Association of Scholars, Qatar today is the largest foreign donor to American universities. The study found that between 2001 and 2021, the petrostate donated a whopping $4.7 billion to U.S. colleges. The largest recipients are some of America’s most prestigious institutions of higher learning. These schools have partnered with the regime to build campuses in Doha’s “education city,” a special district of the capital that hosts satellite colleges for American universities:

• Since 1997, Qatar has donated more than $103 million to Virginia Commonwealth University for a fine arts campus.
  • Since 2001, Qatar has donated $1.8 billion to Cornell for a medical school.
  • Since 2003, Qatar has donated nearly $700 million to Texas A&M for an engineering campus.
  • Since 2004, Qatar has donated $740 million to Carnegie Mellon University for a computer science campus.
  • Since 2005, Qatar has donated $760 million to Georgetown University for a school of politics.
  • Since 2008, Qatar has donated nearly $602 million to Northwestern University for a school of journalism.
One might expect that scholarly institutions that have benefited from this autocracy’s money would rethink their partnership after Qatar’s foreign minister said that “Israel alone is responsible” for the pogrom perpetrated by Hamas terrorists. Or after Qatar’s prime minister on Friday declined to close the office Hamas maintains in its capital. But these universities have given no indication that they will end their profitable partnership with Qatar.

All but one university on the list declined to comment on the future of their Doha campuses when contacted by The Free Press. Kelly Brown, a spokeswoman for Texas A&M, gave the following statement:

She added that Texas A&M has clear and transparent agreements with Qatar that accord with U.S. and international laws. “No public funds are spent toward the Qatar campus,” she said.

In the last 25 years the universities have justified these joint ventures with Qatar as a way to liberalize an autocratic society and bring American soft power to the Middle East. Indeed, Qatari officials have themselves given lip service to this goal.

In 2015, Hunter R. Rawlings III, who was Cornell’s president when it opened its medical school in “education city,” told The Washington Post: “Part of our thinking was, most American involvement in the Middle East has to do with guns and oil. This project seems to have to do with medicine and education. It’s such a different message. Why don’t we try it?”

The reality, though, is much different. Many of these schools have had to compromise their values on their campuses in Doha. For example, in 2014 Qatar censored Love Comes Later, a romance novel set in London and Qatar by Mohanalakshmi Rajakumar, an English professor at Virginia Commonwealth University’s Doha campus.

In some cases, the universities cooperated with Qatar’s strategic interests. The Qatar campus of Northwestern, whose U.S. journalism school is ranked as one of the best in the world, signed a memorandum of understanding with Al Jazeera, the Qatari-funded news channel that has provided a sympathetic platform for Hamas and other Islamist groups over the years, to help train its reporters.

In 2013, Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim al-Thani, then director general of Al Jazeera, said of the new partnership: “Al Jazeera Network places the development of its team’s skills at the top of its priorities, to stay par with the great media-related feats Qatar has accomplished regionally and internationally.”

But are Northwestern’s interests really aligned with Qatar? Al Jazeera aired a weekly program hosted by Muslim Brotherhood cleric, Yusuf al-Qaradawi, between 1996 and 2013. al-Qaradawi was denounced by the Anti-Defamation League in 2013—the same year that Northwestern signed its agreement with Al Jazeera—as the “theologian of terror.” In one 2009 sermon aired on the network, he said: “I will shoot Allah’s enemies, the Jews, and they will throw a bomb at me, and thus I will seal my life with martyrdom.”

In 2015, Stephen Eisenman, who was then president of Northwestern’s faculty senate, concluded in a report on his school’s Doha campus that professors there enjoyed only “limited academic freedom.” He said this was not so much because professors feared the state’s strict censorship regime, but because they lacked tenure and were answerable only to the dean of Northwestern’s Qatar campus.

Eisenman also acknowledged that “the ethics of establishing a campus in an authoritarian country are murky, especially when it inhibits free expression, and counts among its allies several oppressive regimes or groups.”

That glancing reference to Qatar’s alliance with Hamas and Iran is the only mention of the state’s funding and support for political Islam. Eisenman concludes that countries that export oil and natural gas are bad for the environment, and are often marred by “social and racial inequality.” Not to worry. Eisenman notes, “those characteristics describe the United States no less than Qatar and don’t prevent Northwestern from maintaining campuses in Evanston and Chicago.”

Eisenman, now an emeritus professor, declined an interview request. In an email he told me, “Now more than ever, we need sincere efforts to achieve rapprochement between Muslims and Jews and between Palestinians and Israelis. If universities can help with this by means of educational exchanges, then I am all for them.”

Charles Asher Small, executive director of the Institute for the Study of Global Anti-Semitism and Policy, told me the funding of universities by Qatar is part of a much larger effort to exert soft power in the West. His institute estimates that the regime holds between $750 billion to $1 trillion worth assets throughout the world. “They are investing in major Fortune 500 corporations, Heathrow Airport [in London], the Empire State Building,” he said.
"

More at the link.
Buying influence in America universities. No wonder they support terror.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Not sure about that. It's the Biden admin who blocked an Israel attack on Hezbollah, they tell us not to engage with Iran, and probably the reason the ground invasion is taking so long.

The Biden admin is sorta in bed with Iran, there was a spy ring that infiltrated it that was discovered just a few months ago, and who knows what else. The Dems have allowed the snake in. I hope it'll unfold differently than what I'm anticipating, which isn't great. Also, seems like the West are full of chicken shit leaders, they could have start WW3 attack on all fronts instead of waiting for it to come to their door or from inside the house.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
When are the copies of Mein Kampf going to be distributed to each university student?
Is that for or against?

And Florida will shut down student chapters who support Hamas:

LordOfChaos

I think universities have lost the grip on antisemites, I'm not sure how to fix it.

I wonder if this would work. White house has rejected the idea. It does raise a lot of questions ironically about the federal government monitoring speech, is it just this type or will it branch to others etc, but clearly something has to be done as universities get worse

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I wonder if this would work. White house has rejected the idea. It does raise a lot of questions ironically about the federal government monitoring speech, is it just this type or will it branch to others etc, but clearly something has to be done as universities get worse

You can revoke the visas of terror supporters, I think it's something that went into law after 9/11.

The rot is in the academia tho. It's money they are getting, it's the professors, etc. I think what companies are doing is better, because that's those "kids" future. If they realize they need to change their thinking or won't work in those big capitalistic firms they're after, maybe that'll help.

Kilau

This is one of the most low-key horrifying posts on the thread. She doesn't look like or sound like a stereotypical crazy Islamic terrorist. But that proper British accent is masking someone who is just as radical and just as ready do anything to advance her crazy goals as any Hamas frontliner.
But we've been told the "lunatic" islamists are so obvious they easily stand out.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

This Administration does not have The American People in mind. Not at all. We are fucking ATMs at this point. I have an growing discontent with how this country handles shit. I WILL Retrieate: as a primary glimpse into what these fucks, that we vote in, think of us. I will never forget Lahaina, regardless of what happens in this world. There is too much unknown in that situation...

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
These protesters are some willfully ignorant people... We've had these types for years in other things rallying around whatever... BLM started with good intentions and then metastasized into a corporation seeking profits and NOT justice... They lost the plot... Now they just latch onto whatever to get money from the willfully ignorant... I can name others but that's more off topic...

I don't think HALF of them KNOW what "from the river to the sea" means... Shoot, I didn't know until I saw it in this thread. First time seeing the phrase. So many don't even know what HAMAS did that day on 10/7. It's the opposite of Nat Turner (I know a lot of people think he hurt civilians, so to speak, but he was a Christian who refused to hurt women and children).

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
This Administration does not have The American People in mind. Not at all. We are fucking ATMs at this point. I have an growing discontent with how this country handles shit. I WILL Retrieate: as a primary glimpse into what these fucks, that we vote in, think of us. I will never forget Lahaina, regardless of what happens in this world. There is too much unknown in that situation...

The last administration was exactly the same. Puerto Rico as an example. Something changed after 2016.... And it's still going

Neo_GAF

Banned
U

Ugh, yeah!?! What Hamas did on 10/7 and continues to do to the hostages and with rocket attacks, etc is the most unquestionably evil human endeavor since, well, since the Germans had free reign in the 1940s.

If there is ANY country that should be giving Isreal, of all places, a blank check, it's Deutschland! Hell, you guys are the reason we have this mess to begin with! I love the Germans as a partial descent myself, but really, the morality on this one is CRYSTAL CLEAR, there is no two sides argument. The Germans should be supporting Israel unconditionally and with 110% effort. Hamas paraded around a dead(?) German girl, for chissakes!

How quickly we forget...
yes, i know. and this is where i absolutely question myself: seeing the white-germans being "deserves them right, fucking jews, bla bla", while we have people with muslim background celebrating the hamas.
and yes, it is germany and england who have to unconditionally stand behind the israeli. but the atrocity of the right wing governments(of the last few years if not decades) makes me question it.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
yes, i know. and this is where i absolutely question myself: seeing the white-germans being "deserves them right, fucking jews, bla bla", while we have people with muslim background celebrating the hamas.
and yes, it is germany and england who have to unconditionally stand behind the israeli. but the atrocity of the right wing governments(of the last few years if not decades) makes me question it.
What atrocities? You're believing shit that's not real and is being reported by orgs that are one sided and biased.

If this war teaches you anything, is that there's a strong bias in media reporting on Israel. Where everytime they say Hamas killed (not butchered or slaughtered, mind you) 1400+ they also have to quantify it with how many Israel has killed as if it's remotely equivalent. Now keep in mind, the reported killings by Israel is by Hamas, and if they faked the entire hospital story, what else are they faking with their numbers? (that also include the terrorists killed)

So kinda time to wake up, and talk to your co-workers or better yet, slap some sense into them.

Last edited:

BlueAlpaca

Are most of the non-muslim germans celebrating? Is it leftist ones or rightist too? This is so fucked up.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

What a world this is: we've got the West and its 'academia' and 'press', alongside the Left and their ceaseless virtue signaling, cheering on child murdering terrorists and condemning the only true ally we have remaining in the Middle East. These same terrorists are also holding 200 people (among them children) hostage underground in a warren of tunnels likely bankrolled by the ever-generous and ultimately useless UN. And then, in the midst of this chaos, Trump starts sounding like the voice of reason? Just when I thought I'd seen it all, I find myself nodding in agreement with that goddamn boofhead. Truly, what is this world coming to.

FunkMiller

Eh… it’s Biden’s hand wringing over Ukraine that arguably set the stage for this atrocity.

If the US is seen as weak against one enemy, it will be weak against all. That’s the message received in Tehran.

Stepping up to the plate is sending tomahawks into Russian lines, and banning all relations with Middle Eastern nations who are seen to support Hamas.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Eh… it’s Biden’s hand wringing over Ukraine that arguably set the stage for this atrocity.

If the US is seen as weak against one enemy, it will be weak against all. That’s the message received in Tehran.

Stepping up to the plate is sending tomahawks into Russian lines, and banning all relations with Middle Eastern nations who are seen to support Hamas.
Yeah, the West in general have lost the power balance. They are too busy infighting.

BlackTron

I guess it's all relative. When you observe the past weakness, I felt relieved they actually sent carrier groups to project force instead of just saying they would do something, or even worse.

FunkMiller

I guess it's all relative. When you observe the past weakness, I felt relieved they actually sent carrier groups to project force instead of just saying they would do something, or even worse.

Agreed on that... better late than never. But America kind of has to accept that it is still the policeman of the world (you don't get all the benefits of being the most powerful nation on earth without the inevitable drawbacks) and both its soft and hard power are required to keep places like Iran in its place. Nobody else can do it. Biden's mistake has been to concentrate too hard on the mistakes of the past, rather than planning for the problems of today and tomorrow. Yes, the entire Iraq debacle was just that... but it doesn't mean the US can keep out of future conflicts.

BlackTron

Agreed on that... better late than never. But America kind of has to accept that it is still the policeman of the world (you don't get all the benefits of being the most powerful nation on earth without the inevitable drawbacks) and both its soft and hard power are required to keep places like Iran in its place. Nobody else can do it. Biden's mistake has been to concentrate too hard on the mistakes of the past, rather than planning for the problems of today and tomorrow. Yes, the entire Iraq debacle was just that... but it doesn't mean the US can keep out of future conflicts.

I agree with all this. And TBH my positivity at the response is mostly relief at the simple fact that they haven't completely botched it. Not that it couldn't be better.

Not sure about that. It's the Biden admin who blocked an Israel attack on Hezbollah, they tell us not to engage with Iran, and probably the reason the ground invasion is taking so long.

The Biden admin is sorta in bed with Iran, there was a spy ring that infiltrated it that was discovered just a few months ago, and who knows what else. The Dems have allowed the snake in. I hope it'll unfold differently than what I'm anticipating, which isn't great. Also, seems like the West are full of chicken shit leaders, they could have start WW3 attack on all fronts instead of waiting for it to come to their door or from inside the house.

One hopes that these spies just fed information and didn't do much to affect decisions but I guess you never know for sure.

Perhaps I give the benefit of the doubt too much, but I see plausible strategic considerations not to go all-out yet. As long as a steady stream of Hamas people are getting blown up and hostages are getting out, I'm not inclined to criticize the tactics. Yet!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
This is one of the most low-key horrifying posts on the thread. She doesn't look like or sound like a stereotypical crazy Islamic terrorist. But that proper British accent is masking someone who is just as radical and just as ready do anything to advance her crazy goals as any Hamas frontliner.
FunkMiller FunkMiller told us he can identify Islamic moderates and radicals easily. What do you think about this woman, Funk?

Context: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/hama...ed-israel-declares-war.1662101/post-268526561

jason10mm

Gold Member

BlackTron

It's seems like the definition of "radical muslim" is one who wants to kill the jews 24/7 while a "moderate" only on the weekends?

Much like all the celebrations in the streets after 9/11, some cultures got a pretty fucked sense of "good news".

Saying what is unpleasant and squeamish to say. It's cultural, it's baked in to an ideology. Taking out Hamas is not eliminating all the people who want to kill you, it's just clipping their balls. Then we can wait until enough pressure builds up again.

FunkMiller

It's seems like the definition of "radical muslim" is one who wants to kill the jews 24/7 while a "moderate" only on the weekends?

Much like all the celebrations in the streets after 9/11, some cultures got a pretty fucked sense of "good news".

That's obviously a ridiculous generalisation to make.

Come on lads, let's not drop into Era style generalisations about large groups of people. We can agree Islam has a lot of very unpleasant aspects to its ideology, but 'all muslims want jews dead at least some of the time' is the same kind of mindless thinking that calls anyone who thinks there are only two sexes a nazi.

People can still be decent and be trapped in a religious ideology.

And fuck me, the fact it's me saying that is bonkers.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Come on lads, let's not drop into Era style generalisations about large groups of people. We can agree Islam has a lot of very unpleasant aspects to its ideology, but 'all muslims want jews dead at least some of the time' is the same kind of mindless thinking that calls anyone who thinks there are only two sexes a nazi.

I don't think that we have to see Muslims as thinking about killing all non-Muslims x times a day, like normal people think about the Roman empire. It is just that as Muslims they feel a certain sort of brotherly love to all Muslims that they don't extend to other people, so if they see a non-Muslim killing a Muslim it affects them differently, and they start to think things like that non-Muslims do not "correctly" value Muslims lives. Then we get the "well-meaning liberal" who comes in with charts and figures analysing (often fraudulent) casualty counts, trying to explain to non-Muslims how the two casualty figures have to add up to be the same to promote a universal feeling of fairness. So this is why more innocent people should be tortured and murdered in their own homes, and so on.

Salty Hippo

This would make sense if the religious ideology they are trapped in wasn't an openly declared death cult that has world domination as its ultimate goal and preaches barbaric practices like beating your wife for therapy and marrying children.

BlueAlpaca

I don't think that we have to see Muslims as thinking about killing all non-Muslims x times a day, like normal people think about the Roman empire. It is just that as Muslims they feel a certain sort of brotherly love to all Muslims that they don't extend to other people, so if they see a non-Muslim killing a Muslim it affects them differently, and they start to think things like that non-Muslims do not "correctly" value Muslims lives. Then we get the "well-meaning liberal" who comes in with charts and figures analysing (often fraudulent) casualty counts, trying to explain to non-Muslims how the two casualty figures have to add up to be the same to promote a universal feeling of fairness. So this is why more innocent people should be tortured and murdered in their own homes, and so on.

Muslims don't have any brotherly love for their fellow Muslims, just ask the Uyghurs.

jason10mm

Gold Member

I don't think so. There are lesser adherents than "moderate" who don't want to exterminate all jews, or the West, or trap their women into domestic bondage, etc. But I suspect there are a fair number of Muslims who, in their daily 9-5 job, don't think much about religious stuff, but when in mosque or social gatherings, that side comes out. Thats my definition of a "moderate Muslim". The "Radical Muslim" spouts out the hardliner talk all the time. But the "casual", "indifferent", or "relaxed" Muslim, however you characterize it, is the one that doesn't buy into any of that stuff and promotes the more harmonious aspects of Islam, even if its self-serving when they do it (like a lot of Christians, TBH). Sadly, they are REAAAAALLLL quiet in times like this, so instead of serving as a balance to the radicals, they are letting this supposed vocal minority do all the talking for them. Then the moderates are all riled up in the heat of the moment, probably like that lady posted a bit ago who I'm sure was quite pleasant to talk to 3 weeks ago, showing that at least some of the time they share the same destructive values as the radicals, and it gets real hard to say "all Muslims don't think alike" because all we hear is a single voice.

What we need are prominent Islamic scholars, Imams, rulers, artists, celebrities, military leaders, business leaders, and educators to give a counter voice to the radicals. I ain't hearing much, if any, of it though. Naturally the MSM revels in discord so they won't search out these stabilizing personalities, the media would rather grab radicals and let them spread their propaganda and victim narrative (until they get a momentary upper hand).

BlackTron

Obviously, you can't cast a blanket generalization and say all Muslims=bad. It would be like generalizing all Jews.

At the same time, you can't really ignore that there's something in the ideology that seems to facilitate a disproportionate number of terror attacks and destabilizing world events.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
What we need are prominent Islamic scholars, Imams, rulers, artists, celebrities, military leaders, business leaders, and educators to give
This. It's shockingly quiet on that front. To me, that's a sign that muslim communities are not ready to fully engage in democratic processes. There is no internal reflection or a healthy debate. There is a single voice: we are the victims. Israel the oppressor. There is not even room for nuance.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Was there more? JUST "Free, free Palestine" isn't quite at the level of "Exterminate all the Jews". Idiot kids of course, as half of them would have ended up a sex hostage by Hamas, but I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt. Naturally I'd be VERY curious to hear what they are told in mosque, the FBI probably ought to get on that.

What that school really needed were some kids having a "Draw Mohammad" contest around the corner, that's a great litmus test for flushing out the radicals.

Boozeroony

Gold Member

Was there more? JUST "Free, free Palestine" isn't quite at the level of "Exterminate all the Jews". Idiot kids of course, as half of them would have ended up a sex hostage by Hamas, but I'm willing to give some benefit of the doubt. Naturally I'd be VERY curious to hear what they are told in mosque, the FBI probably ought to get on that.

What that school really needed were some kids having a "Draw Mohammad" contest around the corner, that's a great litmus test for flushing out the radicals.
I'd prefer a litmus test without risking the beheading of teachers. But I get your thought. ;)

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

The video starts with "from the river to the sea" which is the annihilation of Israel, but yeah, maybe they didn't know...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom