• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Israel is literally committing war crimes for weeks now in response to vile terrorism attacks.
There is no side left to support here, both act like animals.
If you saw Israel is committing war crimes you're already showing who has the moral high-ground here. Tho, Israel is NOT committing war crimes.

I think Israel has the moral high ground in this conflict, but I don't agree with ignoring that UN resolution.

I think the international community voted this way because the cost in human lives is catastrophic. It wasn't to support terrorism. I don't have a better solution btw. It's just that if Israel wants the support of the international community, they'll have to be a little more open to listening to them.
The UN is a joke, you know how many resolutions they passed condemning Israel while they sit silently on Russia, Syria, Sudan, Myanmar, etc?

They couldn't even pass a resolution condemning what Hamas did ffs!
EDIT: The ceasefire resolution doesn't even mention Hamas!!!

Does this makes any fucking sense?

Last edited:
I think the international community voted this way because the cost in human lives is catastrophic. It wasn't to support terrorism. I don't have a better solution btw. It's just that if Israel wants the support of the international community, they'll have to be a little more open to listening to them.
UN wants Israel to do nothing, provide Gaza with support and just accept that sometimes palestinians will try to kill jews and launch rockets. "That's the price you have to pay because you want to live in your country". UN is a joke.

Last edited:

tommib

In a further racist twist, Jews are now accused of the very crimes they themselves have suffered. Hence the constant claim of a “genocide” when no genocide has taken place or been intended. Israel, with Egypt, has imposed a blockade on Gaza since Hamas took over, and has periodically bombarded the Strip in retaliation for regular rocket attacks. After more than 4,000 rockets were fired by Hamas and its allies into Israel, the 2014 Gaza War resulted in more than 2,000 Palestinian deaths. More than 7,000 Palestinians, including many children, have died so far in this war, according to Hamas. This is a tragedy—but this is not a genocide, a word that has now been so devalued by its metaphorical abuse that it has become meaningless.

Last edited:

Yoboman

No, one side has been attacked by mad people (that also happen to be the governing body of Palestine) hellbent on sabotaging peace accords and on God knows what drugs that targeted civilians explicitly in the most brutal way possible and now uses human shields (which is a war crime btw) to defend itself.
I do not believe Israel is intentionally trying to hurt innocent civilians.
They don't consider them innocent civilians

Sakura

I think Israel has the moral high ground in this conflict, but I don't agree with ignoring that UN resolution.

The resolution calling for a ceasefire? A ceasefire means victory for Hamas. Of course Israel would ignore it.
They knew Israel was going to ignore it. The only purpose of this resolution was to make it look like they are trying to do something about this conflict.

BlackTron

Hamas put Israel in a position that no matter what they do, they lose. Cross the border and murder hundreds of civilians. Israel either does nothing about it (and lose) or they retaliate against Hamas which happens to have bases under civilian infrastructure. They refuse to let the civilians get out of the way, so if you blow those targets up you get branded hospital bombers (and still lose). Basically they contrived a situation where taking the option to fight against them helps further their own goal of enmity and eventual destruction of the Jewish state long after their own deaths.

Israel isn't doing anything to keep these people "trapped" with nowhere to go but a warzone. Ask Egypt why they won't allow it. If anything Israel has held back to allow time. Because your terrorist government won't let you evacuate, uses you a human shield, and your friendliest neighbor blocked the border, now the country that got attacked (most likely while you cheered) has to keep you out of harms way by...abstaining from hitting military targets while continuing to absorb rocket fire? Oh, and pay for your utilities while they're at it.

Hamas 100% expects civilian casualties on their side (dooming Palestinians to their own deaths) and it's part of the plan to cast Jews as evil genocidal maniacs if they dare have the audacity to defend themselves. They won't allow Israel to defend itself without a "cost". Israel always cared more about the common Palestinian citizen than Hamas and still does even now.

Wildebeest

I can't these people who act like they can have just a tasteful amount of war to whet the appetitive, and make them celebrate, but no more, time to pause. This isn't some social media bloodsport where you ruin someone's life for no good reason one day, then the next day nobody remembers or cares. This is the real thing.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I can't these people who act like they can have just a tasteful amount of war to whet the appetitive, and make them celebrate, but no more, time to pause. This isn't some social media bloodsport where you ruin someone's life for no good reason one day, then the next day nobody remembers or cares. This is the real thing.
There's a lot of self hate. These people don't volunteer, don't do anything really for the world, and mostly feel like they are useless. So they pat themselves on the back when they rip the posters down, or protest and shout with the "brown people", or go online and share something.

In an ironic way they are self-hating narcissistic people. It's about feeling good about me, they don't care what happens really because the consequences will never affect them. Hopefully they will now because of black listing for those who are identified.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
9GOpAMc.png

After the war he opened a hardware store in Ibaraki Prefecture, and later worked at a company making wire.[4]

Fujita was invited to Brookings in 1962, after the Japanese government was assured he would not be tried as a war criminal. He gave the City of Brookings his family's 400-year-old katana in friendship. Fujita had intended to use the sword to commit seppuku if he should be arrested as a suspect of war crime.[4] However, the town treated him with respect and affection, although his visit still raised some controversy.[8]

Impressed by his welcome in the United States, during his visit, he promised to invite Brookings students to Japan. Despite the bankruptcy of his company, Fujita made good on his promise by co-sponsoring the visit of three female students from Brookings-Harbor High School to Japan in 1985.[9][10] During the visit, Fujita received a dedicatory letter from an aide of President Ronald Reagan "with admiration for your kindness and generosity."

Fujita returned to Brookings in 1990, 1992, and 1995. In 1992, he planted a tree at the bomb site as a gesture of peace.[11] In 1995, he moved the samurai sword from the Brookings City Hall into the new library's display case. Fujita helped to gather money to build the library.[12]

He was made an honorary citizen of Brookings on the day of his death at a hospital in Tsuchiura, Ibaraki Prefecture, on September 30, 1997, at the age of 85.[13] In October 1998, his daughter, Yoriko Asakura, buried some of Fujita's ashes at the bomb site.

It's entirely possible to move on from bad times, build a new life, bury the hatchet with your former enemy.

That is, if you haven't dedicated your life and your children's lives and their children's lives to a terrorism death cult with pipe dreams about reconquest.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
9GOpAMc.png

It's entirely possible to move on from bad times, build a new life, bury the hatchet with your former enemy.

That is, if you haven't dedicated your life and your children's lives and their children's lives to a terrorism death cult with pipe dreams about reconquest.
That's literally what Jews have always done. We were banished from here, to there, and exiled, and killed, and moved on.

Part of this victim-is-great mentality is that you should never move on from it.

I bet Russia wont even intervene if the US and/or Israel would attack Iran, they'd let them hang dry like they did Armenia. They're all scared of the US.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Seeing the LGBQT community support Palestine is so damn hypocritical when they've spent years protesting that the LGBQT community is going through a so called "genocide" in the USA.

They don't hear what they are telling them, only when they start cutting their throat will the realization come.

ManaByte

I bet Russia wont even intervene if the US and/or Israel would attack Iran, they'd let them hang dry like they did Armenia. They're all scared of the US.

The Revelation Doomsday Cultists who are screaming this is Ezekial 38 and will trigger the Rapture are ignorant to how much Russia has lost in Ukraine because they're completely brainwashed by Russian propaganda.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dont forget that the media requires clicks in order to drive viewership and revenue. They'll do anything to be controversial to get people reading their stuff.

Only a portion of people on social media or working at giant corporations are unbiased not trying to fudge content. Heck even nature show documentaries BS the clips with added in sound effects and sequences taken out of order and pieced back together to form a narrative. And that's a documentary which most people assume is based on real life with a cameraman following the action being truthful.

So while the core content might be true, the narrative will usually be BS. Best thing to do is assume it's fiction. Remember that these people will do anything from lies, clickbait article titles etc... to get you to click on their shitty article or tweet.

I enjoy reading lots of sports and business. In those kinds of subjects the core stats and numbers are what counts. If the Raptors won and Siakim got 24 pts, it's pretty hard/impossible for a site to fudge the stats. Nobody really cares what some dude on Motley Fool or some sports dude making up trade rumours says. That stuff is pure entertainment side info.

Raven117

Israel is literally committing war crimes for weeks now in response to vile terrorism attacks.
There is no side left to support here, both act like animals.
I know you were banned. But if you happen to read this, look deep into yourself and try and understand how much moral equivalency has sickened your mind.

Raven117

If you saw Israel is committing war crimes you're already showing who has the moral high-ground here. Tho, Israel is NOT committing war crimes.

The UN is a joke, you know how many resolutions they passed condemning Israel while they sit silently on Russia, Syria, Sudan, Myanmar, etc?

They couldn't even pass a resolution condemning what Hamas did ffs!
EDIT: The ceasefire resolution doesn't even mention Hamas!!!

Does this makes any fucking sense?
The UN, while needs to be given some sort of lip service, is spineless. “Can’t we all just get along” while dunking on the “good guys” and not addressing the actual bad actors smacks of cowardice

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The UN, while needs to be given some sort of lip service, is spineless. “Can’t we all just get along” while dunking on the “good guys” and not addressing the actual bad actors smacks of cowardice
Just a lot of bad actors and scared nations from their own immigrants. France voted for it, it now has 10m Muslims.

Raven117

Just a lot of bad actors and scared nations from their own immigrants. France voted for it, it now has 10m Muslims.
The naivety of the West (at best)….

It doesn’t mean not be compassionate and thoughtful, but to just say fuck it while not safeguarding themselves is just… delusional

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The naivety of the West (at best)….

It doesn’t mean not be compassionate and thoughtful, but to just say fuck it while not safeguarding themselves is just… delusional
I think they know they already lost control and would need to be seen as really racist to do what needs to be done.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
It is understandable that folks want to minimize the civilian casualties - however the best way to do that is to excise Hamas in its entirety. If they were to ignore Hamas, they would only rebuild and continue to use the populace as shields against strikes while corrupting/radicalizing them further. Sometimes a tumor can't be ignored - it needs to be removed. Hamas is that tumor.

cormack12

Gold Member

100,000 people is now 'London'. I've said it before. We live in an age where information is cheaper and more widely available than ever and each generation is getting dumber. It's not about what is true, but if the volume of being wrong is louder.

A lot of shame being credited to people's accounts for the future.

Raven117

I think they know they already lost control and would need to be seen as really racist to do what needs to be done.
I hope you aren’t correct. (But you probably are).

The west is only the west with “buy in.”

Law, the enlightenment, democracy, the evolution of western thought (which ironically ran through the Middle East for a while) are things one has to believe in for it all to work.

It’s almost religion in a way. It functions off of the belief that it works and the overall values it represents.

Without that buy in, the experiment will fail.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Seeing the LGBQT community support Palestine is so damn hypocritical when they've spent years protesting that the LGBQT community is going through a so called "genocide" in the USA.

Those racist western idiots think they're just like the Palestinians because they assume all of the people in Palestine are brown people and that all brown people are oppressed. Thus their own made up oppression points put them on the same side. Sometimes I wonder how many of them are going to have to be beheaded before they catch on that this isn't about identity politics.

Last edited:

wa600

I dont remember which Civilization I played (4 or even earlier). One enemy kept starting to attack me shortly after making peace and I wasnt able to do much about it. For example they would throw nuclear bombs on me and the moment I started fighting back, they would ask for an audience. If I declined the audience, the game would automatically force me to sign a ceasefire because of international pressure. Then a few rounds later they would just throw another nuclear bomb on me and the game would force peace on me over and over even though I was never the aggressor. Was frustrating as fuck. Reminds me a bit of the current situation.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whatever you do Israel, do not give up clearing out Hamas. Ignore all the haters and opposing countries. Hell, it’s not like they are helping out. They are sitting comfy in their own countries.

The worst thing to do is suddenly call it off, let Hamas regroup and continue the attacks. With Israel’s counterattack the Hamas stuff has already dwindled down.

They’ll never get all of them, but more the better. The more Hamas is grilled the harder it is for them to rebuild.

Always think of it like the Ant swarm analogies I did the past few weeks.

Whatever you do Israel, do not give up clearing out Hamas. Ignore all the haters and opposing countries. Hell, it’s not like they are helping out. They are sitting comfy in their own countries.
Exactly. Because let's be real - Hamas won't stop, other muslim countries will continue to hate Israel anyway, muslims in the west will continue to hate Israel anyway, bunch of dems will continue to hate Israel too. So they should tackle the problem now, while there are less voices against Israel in various governments.

Raven117

Yup. Israel should just go for it (whatever that means for them in their discretion) while minimizing civilian casualties as much as possible.

But other than that, go get’em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom