• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

go away goodbye GIF

She'll fail up in an executive closed door position on some polititeam campaign. Bet.

Neo_GAF

Banned
It's more complicated than that. Everyone in that region wants to kill each other and their own people.
is it? why is the west so destined to help a right-wing state aka israel?
why are even LGBTQ-people supporting palastine people even though they want to have a sharia state there(where OBVIOUSLY they will get killed for the sexuality?)
i dont get it at the moment.

DeaDPo0L84

why are even LGBTQ-people supporting palastine people even though they want to have a sharia state there(where OBVIOUSLY they will get killed for the sexuality?)
First off, when did Israel become a right wing state?

Concerning the LGBTQ community, they don't have an actual fundamental basis of things they believe in. All they believe in is victim mentality and they think Hamas are victims as well cause the media is pushing that nonsense and they do zero critical thinking. It's why BLM, LGBTQ, and now apparently obvious terrorist groups are all lumped under the same umbrella, basically they are all insane and want to ruin the west and would kill you simply for thinking differently if it was guaranteed they could get away with it, which in most states they just might.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

The existence of Israel was due to pressure by both the USA and the USSR after World War 2. It was not necessarily something supported across Europe or "the west". Russia has turned on Israel, and perhaps in a couple of generations the US will too if they keep on losing the propaganda war against countries like Iran and Qatar. There is not even really unity among the right or left in the US on this issue. Some on the right support it purely based on some weird interpretations of the bible which creeps Jews out, some think that Israel is a reliable regional ally in some big geopolitical game, some have a purely isolationist policy and think the state of Israel is a mistake because when "sanity is restored" and the US guards only its own borders it will fall, others are plain antisemitic. On the mainstream, centrist democrat party, they support it because Jews are part of their voting block, and they normally make bigger diplomatic efforts to push the two-state solution for peace.

DeaDPo0L84

Is she running for President again? Who's running? I was following US politics very closely around 2015 but now I'm so out of touch. Which candidate is the most pro-Israel?
Trump, for all the talk about how if he was elected the country would literally explode and WW3 would start, it was actually pretty quiet and he was not shy about his support for Israel. Even attempting to actually pursue peace in the middle east.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Trump, for all the talk about how if he was elected the country would literally explode and WW3 would start, it was actually pretty quiet and he was not shy about his support for Israel. Even attempting to actually pursue peace in the middle east.
He was a bane on certain war profiteers wallets.

tommib

Today, after months of research, the NCRI released a report (comprising four separate studies) following the money. The report finds that at least 200 American colleges and universities illegally withheld information on approximately $13 billion in undisclosed contributions from foreign regimes, many of which are authoritarian.

• From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted money from Middle Eastern donors had, on average, 300 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not.
  • From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted undisclosed funds from authoritarian donors had, on average, 250 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not.
  • At least 200 American colleges and universities illegally withheld information on approximately $13 billion in undocumented contributions from foreign regimes, many of which are authoritarian.
  • Campuses that accept undisclosed money are on average ~85 percent more likely to see campaigns “targeting academic scholars for sanction, including campaigns to investigate, censor, demote, suspend, or terminate.”

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Of the democrats? Biden.

Dean Philips is Jewish but has a hate boner for Bibi.

I need to get back into US politics. Following 2016 elections was more fun that most TV shows. It was wild.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

• From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted money from Middle Eastern donors had, on average, 300 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not.
  • From 2015–2020, institutions that accepted undisclosed funds from authoritarian donors had, on average, 250 percent more antisemitic incidents than those institutions that did not.
  • At least 200 American colleges and universities illegally withheld information on approximately $13 billion in undocumented contributions from foreign regimes, many of which are authoritarian.
  • Campuses that accept undisclosed money are on average ~85 percent more likely to see campaigns “targeting academic scholars for sanction, including campaigns to investigate, censor, demote, suspend, or terminate.”

Wait until you see select media groups being propped up by Saudi money and the like as well.

And the headline that is worthy of said investment.

Last edited:

Neo_GAF

Banned
The existence of Israel was due to pressure by both the USA and the USSR after World War 2. It was not necessarily something supported across Europe or "the west". Russia has turned on Israel, and perhaps in a couple of generations the US will too if they keep on losing the propaganda war against countries like Iran and Qatar. There is not even really unity among the right or left in the US on this issue. Some on the right support it purely based on some weird interpretations of the bible which creeps Jews out, some think that Israel is a reliable regional ally in some big geopolitical game, some have a purely isolationist policy and think the state of Israel is a mistake because when "sanity is restored" and the US guards only its own borders it will fall, others are plain antisemitic. On the mainstream, centrist democrat party, they support it because Jews are part of their voting block, and they normally make bigger diplomatic efforts to push the two-state solution for peace.
thanks for this answer, this one helped it a bit more to understand this travesty

wa600

Question to people from Israel: Just watched an interview on ard (which has the biggest news show in germany) tagesthemen with this journalist named Gideon Levy. He claims media in Israel since Oct 7 basically 'never' (he said not more than 2-3 seconds) show images from Gaza regarding the civilians there. Is that true?
He also claimed people in Israel dont care about other people and only about themselves. Whole interview made it sound like this whole thing is only about revenge for Israelis.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Question to people from Israel: Just watched an interview on ard (which has the biggest news show in germany) tagesthemen with this journalist named Gideon Levy. He claims media in Israel since Oct 7 basically 'never' (he said not more than 2-3 seconds) show images from Gaza regarding the civilians there. Is that true?
He also claimed people in Israel dont care about other people and only about themselves. Whole interview made it sound like this whole thing is only about revenge for Israelis.
We'll let those from Israel in the thread answer. I'd advise sharing the link to the interview for context. FYI -- videos all over in the thread from IDF documenting nearly all their moves. Pretty clear to see that what's going on down there is the complete opposite of what nearly all major Western media outlets are 'reporting.'

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Absolutely the podcast with most clarity on Islam, Jihad and all related issues. Very few people have this clarity and are able to put it in this succinct manner. You want to understand the sheer diabolical ideology this world faces, and how completely unprepared the world is, listen to this. You will get depressing clarity.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Well, Hamas (and possibly some number of semi-affiliated Palestinian 'civilians') DID cross over into Israel and abduct, murder, rape, torture, behead, burn, sodomize, terrorize, and brutalize a thousand plus babies, children, women, men, and elderly. I'm sure revenge plays no part......

.../s Sheesh, are there REALLY folks out there that think the IDF response is NOT justified? The Taliban just sheltered the group that killed a few thousand Americans (plus some others) on 9/11 minus all the abduction, torture, and rape and we rolled into their country for TWO DECADES.

DeaDPo0L84

He was a bane on certain war profiteers wallets
I loved when he was working on that peace deal in the middle east and those who didn't like him were like "Yea but he's only doing it to get attention and a potential noble peace prize". In my head I was thinking "and?". Who cares about the motivation so long as the end result is something positive for literally the entire world. But people thrive on identity politics so they have to disagree and go as far as hating their "enemy" even if it's detrimental to their own livelihood.

Durien

Young people think they are irreplaceable, hope they realize grown ups are better.

I am kind of curious. Is the place *that* good that they would be willing to wait in a line *that* long? I would need a bj with my coffee to wait in a line like that.

LordOfChaos

I was watching this and I was agreeing with both sides until Talib spoke. We, as a nation, would be better with her removal.

I'm kind of tired of people like the second guy making everything a free speech wank.

She has free speech

She's free to say dumb shit in her house, in a park, in a mall, practically anywhere in America

But the question is if the standard of a congresswoman has to rise above spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories even after knowing they were false.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
I'm kind of tired of people like the second guy making everything a free speech wank.

She has free speech

She's free to say dumb shit in her house, in a park, in a mall, practically anywhere in America

But the question is if the standard of a congresswoman has to rise above spreading antisemitic conspiracy theories even after knowing they were false.

Apologies. "agreeing" was the wrong word to use. "Understanding" is the term I should have used.

I do agree with you. Everyone has the right of free speech in the US, I don't think there should be political repercussions for this speech in so far as jail time or exile. However, I do believe that freedom of speech does not equal freedom of consequence. You should be able to lose your job for certain views, lose your stipend, your space in a university, etc. But that should be up to the private institutions, not a governmental body.

Tlaib though? She needs to get slapped.

dave chappelle slap GIF

EDIT: Finished the Censure video. Add the slaps to all those who were defending her. The only "reason" I keep seeing for defending her are her immutable characteristics. Her Palestinian Heritage (she was born in Detroit, she has never lived in or around the Middle East), her sexual organs (has no bearing on her ability to not be racist), her minority status (again, has no bearing). Then these people just get up and start screaming? Using Emotional displays instead of having an actual debate, going on past their time and continuing to scream for 20-30 seconds after.

I feel ashamed that these people are members of my congress.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Minor digression, but I can’t see ‘freedom of speech’ without remembering this quote:

“There is freedom of Speech in Uganda, but I cannot guarantee freedom after speech”

- Idi Amin

Ozriel

M$FT
Why is nobody at the UN or in Qatar calling on Hamas to unconditionally release the hostages?

Surely if the concern is for civilians as collateral damage, why isn’t anyone pressing Hamas to simply hand back the hostages?

why push for a ceasefire that still leave hostages in the hands of terrorists?

MrA

She should be focusing on her community, The Native Americans.
Gotta make that pow wow chow!

probably the same idiots that tear down statues of guys like sydney smith
Why is nobody at the UN or in Qatar calling on Hamas to unconditionally release the hostages?

Surely if the concern is for civilians as collateral damage, why isn’t anyone pressing Hamas to simply hand back the hostages?

why push for a ceasefire that still leave hostages in the hands of terrorists?

because they don't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom