• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavageX

Maybe I am just simple, but I don't understand the point of this. The world is a big place, is there really a need for this?

And sometimes, some people just want to be violent. There is never a reason to kill innocent people in situations like this or rape anyone.

ManaByte

Palestines are an oppressed minority in their eyes, and that justifies any action they take. It's like a manifestation of their ideology and the fantasy of victimhood that fuels it. They themselves dream of lashing out violently against whoever they view as their oppressor too.
If they truly support rape and child murder then I vote we air drop them all into Gaza.

Maybe I am just simple, but I don't understand the point of this. The world is a big place, is there really a need for this?

And sometimes, some people just want to be violent. There is never a reason to kill innocent people in situations like this or rape anyone.
yep. this is a very simplistic and even naive way to look at things.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The coordination of the attacks was quite sophisticated. They were equipped with western armaments.

It was a failure in Israel's leadership, who claimed that Gaza will be quiet.

Because of the Israeli government religious partners, it moved most of the army to guard settlers in the high-holidays in the West Bank. You see that army base had almost no people.

Israel will have a reckoning after this. It was a failure of intelligence, literally. Netanyahu will go down as the worst prime minister, and that also shows why the US system of 8 years is so good. The more you're in the role the more you think no one else can do it, and you give in to megalomania thinking you can do no wrong.

medieval?
I remember reading a book called "The Lucifer effect" the preface/introduction was eye-opening and deeply unsettling.

if remember correctly among other things, it talks about some conflicts in Africa and the systemic and progressive dehumanization of certain groups of people in order to justify the most evil shit against them.

RaduN

Coincidentally:

The money never got to Iran.

So whatever sunday morning conspiracy some are eager to come up with, is basically just a spit in the face of the victims.

This will likely be a pearl harbor equivalent attack in terms of death tool after the deaths are counted. The U.S dropped nukes on Japan after that. I wonder why Hamas thinks they could get away with this. They sure do count on Israel's humanity to not drop nukes or fire bomb them.

There is no way back from this. This is going to be a brutal full scale war in gaza. A proper invasion. Afterwards send in the UN force so that there is no israel occupation, and to ensure no terrorist organization like hamas is allowed to fester. this needs to be a binding fucking UN resolution.
I am deeply ignorant about this conflict.

But for this to happen, an entire group of people (ethnicity, religion?, nationality) has to be eradicated no?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Thaedolus

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The $6B is going to third parties to provide food and medicine. Let’s not pretend this is going to free up other funds that were never going to help the populace anyway.
So if a government is going to receive $6B in third party aid, does that not mean they can now use $6B of their own money for something else? I can't cycle this.

EDIT: I was gonna buy a car for 40K, but a friend of mine said he'll buy me that car now. Does that mean the 40K I was gonna spend is gone?

Last edited:

Thaedolus

So if a government is going to receive $6B in third party aid, does that not mean they can now use $6B of their own money for something else? I can't cycle this.

EDIT: I was gonna buy a car for 40K, but a friend of mine said he'll buy me that car now. Does that mean the 40K I was gonna spend is gone?
You’re making the assumption that they were going to buy that food and medicine for their populace in the first place and now they don’t have to. That’s not a good assumption. Furthermore, the money’s still secured. Depending on how this all shakes out, maybe it even gets clawed back. Who knows? But the hot takes acting like it funded this attack are absurd.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You’re making the assumption that they were going to buy that food and medicine for their populace in the first place and now they don’t have to. That’s not a good assumption. Furthermore, the money’s still secured. Depending on how this all shakes out, maybe it even gets clawed back. Who knows? But the hot takes acting like it funded this attack are absurd.
I'm not saying it funded the attack, of course not, that doesn't make sense. It did free up other money to fund the attack.

And again, this is way worse:

Last edited:

RedC

In light of people like Bo chiming in, perhaps it's time:

"
TRANSCRIPT:
The truth is that there is an obvious, undeniable, and hugely consequential moral difference between Israel and her enemies. The Israelis are surrounded by people who have explicitly genocidal intentions towards them. The charter of Hamas is explicitly genocidal. It looks forward to a time, based on Koranic prophesy, when the earth itself will cry out for Jewish blood, where the trees and the stones will say “O Muslim, there’s a Jew hiding behind me. Come and kill him.” This is a political document. We are talking about a government that was voted into power by a majority of Palestinians.

The discourse in the Muslim world about Jews is utterly shocking. Not only is there widespread Holocaust denial—there’s Holocaust denial that then asserts that we will do it for real if given the chance. The only thing more obnoxious than denying the Holocaust is to say that it should have happened; it didn’t happen, but if we get the chance, we will accomplish it. There are children’s shows in the Palestinian territories and elsewhere that teach five-year-olds about the glories of martyrdom and about the necessity of killing Jews.

And this gets to the heart of the moral difference between Israel and her enemies. And this is something I discussed in The End of Faith. To see this moral difference, you have to ask what each side would do if they had the power to do it.

What would the Jews do to the Palestinians if they could do anything they wanted? Well, we know the answer to that question, because they can do more or less anything they want. The Israeli army could kill everyone in Gaza tomorrow. So what does that mean? Well, it means that, when they drop a bomb on a beach and kill four Palestinian children, as happened last week, this is almost certainly an accident. They’re not targeting children. They could target as many children as they want. Every time a Palestinian child dies, Israel edges ever closer to becoming an international pariah. So the Israelis take great pains not to kill children and other noncombatants.

What do we know of the Palestinians? What would the Palestinians do to the Jews in Israel if the power imbalance were reversed? Well, they have told us what they would do. For some reason, Israel’s critics just don’t want to believe the worst about a group like Hamas, even when it declares the worst of itself. We’ve already had a Holocaust and several other genocides in the 20th century. People are capable of committing genocide. When they tell us they intend to commit genocide, we should listen.

There is every reason to believe that the Palestinians would kill all the Jews in Israel if they could. Would every Palestinian support genocide? Of course not. But vast numbers of them—and of Muslims throughout the world—would. Needless to say, the Palestinians in general, not just Hamas, have a history of targeting innocent noncombatants in the most shocking ways possible. They’ve blown themselves up on buses and in restaurants. They’ve massacred teenagers. They’ve murdered Olympic athletes. They now shoot rockets indiscriminately into civilian areas. And again, the charter of their government in Gaza explicitly tells us that they want to annihilate the Jews—not just in Israel but everywhere.

I remember reading this book when it first came out when I was towards the end of my journey to agnosticism.

However, this perfectly highlights the uncomfortable truth of the situation Israel is in with the Muslim world, and despite a lot of people meaning well in siding with the Palestinians, they unfortunately naively believe that there's some reasonable compromise that could be made with Palestine when there likely isn't one outside of Isralis completely abandoning Israel and leaving the land.

reinking

Gold Member
I'm not surprised
Probably more than 80% of playstation and tlou fans are woke leftists
Please Dont Seth Meyers GIF by Saturday Night Live

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
If you're a true liberal then there's no reason to support Palestinians, because if they get a country it'll be like Gaza or Afghanistan, where no LGBT are allowed to live and women are second class citizens.
You can wish well to people who hate you in the hope they move forward as a society once free of their oppression.

theclaw135

Banned
I remember reading this book when it first came out when I was towards the end of my journey to agnosticism.

However, this perfectly highlights the uncomfortable truth of the situation Israel is in with the Muslim world, and despite a lot of people meaning well in siding with the Palestinians, they unfortunately naively believe that there's some reasonable compromise that could be made with Palestine when there likely isn't one outside of Isralis completely abandoning Israel and leaving the land.

You really have to read between the lines of what an observer is saying. It's a double standard to argue Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian territory, while pretending Hamas wouldn't occupy Israel should the opportunity arise.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
You have to love wannabe-eggheads using a thesaurus to get their educated point across. I can smell the hubris across the internet.
One delights in observing the attempts of aspirational cerebrocrats employing sesquipedalian lexicons in a futile endeavor to convey their ostensibly erudite perspectives. The olfactory presence of their hubristic effusions permeates the vast interstices of the digital expanse.

I didn't come up with that, that's all ChatGPT

One delights in observing the attempts of aspirational cerebrocrats employing sesquipedalian lexicons in a futile endeavor to convey their ostensibly erudite perspectives. The olfactory presence of their hubristic effusions permeates the vast interstices of the digital expanse.

I didn't come up with that, that's all ChatGPT

I was this close to making a ChatGPT joke at that tweet instead of my wannabe-egghead. Wasn't far off, AI is mimicking us too well. Hopefully AI doesn't decide violence is the answer at some point.

Don't look at the replies

In a place with no morals, law and justice there is only one thing, and that is to survive.

One of my fundamental issues with Part2 was the lack of understanding of that aspect.

Neil trying to "educate", to preach about the "cycle of violence" and how to ended, was rooted in an flawed academic approach to his storytelling. Neil forgot his own worldbuilding. He tried to teach a lesson to the players by forgetting its own rules that he established in the first game.

in other words: you can't ask a player to cheer up, validate, support, or even empathize with the murder of Joel. You can, in an academic way but not emotionally. (especially in the way it was done)

In a world like The Last of Us, you stick to your "pack" for survival. Joel is part of the player's pack, the leader if you wish. You don't ask the player to suddenly turn on him.

is like asking Neil to cheer up, support, validate or even empathize with Hamas's actions (a terrorist group without scrupulous).

No long ago i went for a jog with my dog, long story short, a stray dog attacked my dog...what do you think I did: I fucking grabbed that dog by the neck and threw away of my dog.

There is no universe in which I would have let that dog hurt my little "osa".OR that i would let my dog to hurt the stray dog. The feeling inside me was not of hate or malicious intent to the other dog, but it was survival and protection.

I have seen some videos of both Palestinians and Israelis doing dehumanizing shit to the recently killed bodies of "enemies"

So, when I see people posting the Israel or Palestine flag (in this case, Neil Druckman) (and in the context of social media "engagement")...is kind of gross

He and everyone else are inadvertently perpetuating the cycle of violence by reducing this conflict to 'us vs. them,' 'my flag vs. your flag.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I am usually very anti-war and anti-US involvement in stuff like this, but all of this coming to a head has me thinking that the US and its allies needs to do everything short of boots on the ground at this point to make sure Israel is able to at the very least cripple Hamas into complete irrelevance or wipe them off the face of the earth at best

This was a 9/11 style attack in every way meant to create fear and terror for geopolitical gain and at this point I say Hamas should pay for it with its existence. Especially as more and more evidence comes out about just how depraved and deranged the attacks on civilians have been.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Spot on mate. What's that famous quote..."Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy!" Oh that was Ironman. "Speak softly and carry a big stick" (Roosevelt).

Just what we taught our kids for primary and high school, be yourself, ignore haters, try to deescalate, if bullies attack repeatedly or heavy handed then sort it out yourself. I like the religious half joke here, it's easier to commit sin and ask for forgiveness later. I used the example, a kid hits you in the face or choke holds then you sort that shit out yourself right then and there. Also stand up for others that cannot or won't, I expect more from my kids in this respect, they have every opportunity in life and genetics etc, they are candidates to do better for themselves and others. A little utopian but hey you can control what you do, not others.
Yup.

I used to get into a lot of fistfights in school. Won most of them. Lost some. Tip for all..... never fight someone one grade older than you in elementary school. You'll get your ass kicked! lol. Lesson learned.

I dont think I ever ratted to a teacher or principal. It was just like, hey you and me are pissing each other off so at recess or in high school locker room or right in class lets go at it asshole. Win or lose, one thing I noticed was that was the end of it you kind of go your own ways for the rest of the week. Its kind of stupid you fought, he probably thought the same, but both sides know the other guys actions. But after the dust settles, suddenly your being fine being teammates in gym class. And out of the handful of times my fights involved bigger guys and my ass handed to me at times hey, give it a year and suddenly everyone in class is the same size. Bully tries to act like tough shit like last year or the year before that, oops. Doesn't work anymore buddy cuz now I'm the guy who can kick your ass. So time to give you a bloody nose and thats the end of it.

I'm not saying standing up for yourself in school is the same as real life terrorism and people getting killed, but end of the day you cant roll over. If you try to take the high brow route for sake of good PR go ahead. You can be the kid who sits in class perfectly still get ragged on every day. It might work if you get lucky and the other side finally loses interest or matches you taking the mature road, but when it comes to meatheads and dumbass low brow people that likely wont happen.

Chances are you'll need to get your hands dirty to settle the score best you can. Giving someone a bloody nose works wonders. If I'm going to go down with the ship, the least I can do is give you one back.

Carton

At some point, the reverberations in certain echo chambers must have hit the natural frequency of the members’ grey matter which was thus rendered into a bio-mortar now firmly cured within their skulls. For how can anyone, without cement for brains, celebrate a mass-murder, rape, kidnap and torture event of innocent civilians?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I am usually very anti-war and anti-US involvement in stuff like this, but all of this coming to a head has me thinking that the US and its allies needs to do everything short of boots on the ground at this point to make sure Israel is able to at the very least cripple Hamas into complete irrelevance or wipe them off the face of the earth at best

This was a 9/11 style attack in every way meant to create fear and terror for geopolitical gain and at this point I say Hamas should pay for it with its existence. Especially as more and more evidence comes out about just how depraved and deranged the attacks on civilians have been.
I agree. Iranian leadership are the sick fucks who spread the idea of suicide bombing and these terror tactics are a similar idea that spreads to more groups if your response to it is soft. There can be no tolerance for this behavior, including the presumption their enemies will throw their hands up in their air and say "oh well" when you hide among civilians. The response must be fast with overwhelming deployment so they do not escape yet the action careful and thorough or their subversion methods will work. Plans like these arise from a culture that sees it as acceptable and profitable. It must meet with such utter defeat that those notions cannot be held without also remembering their dire ends. It is important for the sake of the whole world that groups like ISIS and Hamas do not succeed in any sense. Their audacity in savagery must become their quick end.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

This is beyond words. This is what some people in this world want to back up?
There is also an argument to be made, not about killing children, but there is a contrast between Israelis and Hamas/Radicals and how they treat their own children.
It's something to think about when they try to build the argument that IDF kills indiscriminately, when the Opposition uses their children as shields, tools of wars; in some instances, arming them with explosives. I don't hear about Israel doing those things to their children, but correct me if I am wrong.

I also keep seeing the same videos that are used to frame Israel as a serious humans right violator, the same 5-6 videos, where we see multiple instances of this massive atrocity.
Also, keep watch for videos being used as propaganda for BOTH sides. These videos in question seem to be between 1-6 years old, in some instances, could be older.

Lastly, there seems to be multiple disinformation campaigns running simultaneously. It's nuts out there, on social media.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Ironic considering all your posts in this thread are.
Wipe them out
Nuke the fuckers
Turn them into glass.

Are you going to offer anything other than genocide ?

Also to pretend Gaza was some free city state that autonomy and self determination after 2005 is a joke. I suppose those in west bank are free too according to you.

But you haven't responded to me, why?

If Israel left unilaterally in 2005, why start firing rockets? why not focus on building Gaza using Egypt help (very close to it)?

"if I put the guards outside the prison walls and lock the prisoners in, are they actually free?"

I remember he said that ... Turned out it wasn't true, if I remember correctly.

I think it was the CNN or another news channel that actually investigated this and found really nothing.

I don't think you've read it.

Evilore, I thought you were smarter than this. Do you seriously believe this rubbish propaganda? Are you not familiar with the term Arab Jews? They lived in North Africa, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen, and guess where too? Palestine. For hundreds of years before the declaration. Never any problems. In fact the Jews thrived in Arab, Islamic lands, working in trade, gold etc. In fact, as we speak, there are plenty living and working in many Arab countries. How's that possible though, in surely cannot be if we believe the guy you posted.

A correction: This is not a Koranic prophecy. This is based on something called "Hadith"; literal meaning is "conversation" or "speech" etc. Basically meaning words said by the prophet Mohammed pbuh. This is a prophecy said by him about a war that would happen in the end times. It is natural opposing armies kill each other in a war. What do you expect, they hug?

Please don't talk to me about Israel's moral state when we've seen time and again the atrocities they've committed.

Putting this war aside for a moment, and wanting to know what'll happen if Israel takes over entirely? You don't need to wait. A very little bad sample has been and is happening constantly, not among Jews and Muslims, but Jews and Christians. But I guess no one reports on the many harassments Christians endure on a constant basis, like the spitting, pushing and shoving during Christian ceremonies.

Are there bad people on both sides? Sure. There are on all sides. Any side. So let's be fair and not be driven by hatred or propaganda.
I visited the natural history museum in Newyork couple of months ago and they had a large segment on the history of Jewish people. in part of it was something like a large timeline of events with letters and old transcripts from people lived in that period. The thing that surprised me about it was that these letters seemed to always speak in fear about their fate and faith during the romans or Persian rule, but then drastically speak in very positive tone about their Muslim rulers and how they gave them why more freedom than past Christian kingdoms.
This will likely be a pearl harbor equivalent attack in terms of death tool after the deaths are counted. The U.S dropped nukes on Japan after that. I wonder why Hamas thinks they could get away with this. They sure do count on Israel's humanity to not drop nukes or fire bomb them.

There is no way back from this. This is going to be a brutal full scale war in gaza. A proper invasion. Afterwards send in the UN force so that there is no israel occupation, and to ensure no terrorist organization like hamas is allowed to fester. this needs to be a binding fucking UN resolution.
Calm your titties snake; the nuke had it own reasons that has no historical mirror in this period of time. Besides, US killed order of magnitude more Japanese during their firebombing (the reason Tokyo was not nuked is that there was nothing left of it)

Yup.

I used to get into a lot of fistfights in school. Won most of them. Lost some. Tip for all..... never fight someone one grade older than you in elementary school. You'll get your ass kicked! lol. Lesson learned.

I dont think I ever ratted to a teacher or principal. It was just like, hey you and me are pissing each other off so at recess or in high school locker room or right in class lets go at it asshole. Win or lose, one thing I noticed was that was the end of it you kind of go your own ways for the rest of the week. Its kind of stupid you fought, he probably thought the same, but both sides know the other guys actions. But after the dust settles, suddenly your being fine being teammates in gym class. And out of the handful of times my fights involved bigger guys and my ass handed to me at times hey, give it a year and suddenly everyone in class is the same size. Bully tries to act like tough shit like last year or the year before that, oops. Doesn't work anymore buddy cuz now I'm the guy who can kick your ass. So time to give you a bloody nose and thats the end of it.

I'm not saying standing up for yourself in school is the same as real life terrorism and people getting killed, but end of the day you cant roll over. If you try to take the high brow route for sake of good PR go ahead. You can be the kid who sits in class perfectly still get ragged on every day. It might work if you get lucky and the other side finally loses interest or matches you taking the mature road, but when it comes to meatheads and dumbass low brow people that likely wont happen.

Chances are you'll need to get your hands dirty to settle the score best you can. Giving someone a bloody nose works wonders. If I'm going to go down with the ship, the least I can do is give you one back.

Same here for growing up and earning that respect from your willingness to give action. If only the so called superpower governments would do the same, instead of going for useless public opinion polls and vanity points. Over the years/fights I learnt to deescalate and talk/walk away more so but that only goes so far and you're right, you're going to be left facing a longer sustained issue if you cower or avoid confrontation. The same applies to school bullies or world issues like this topic. One occasion I struck first to avoid an all out brouhaha between a couple of groups (including the girlfriends/ladies we were with), rarely/sometimes you just gotta hit first and be the bully for the greater good (bloody tough call). When I decked their "leader" out cold, the one starting the shit and stand out front, his stubby (beer bottle) dropped on the ground and was likely ready for someone's head, probably mine as we were toe to toe when I put myself in harms way so my friends wouldn't have to. Batman had it right. I took an instinctual gamble, paid off this time, could have gone way worse.

Your reply got me thinking about gender differences, incoming personal anecdotal opinion inbound...e.g. men fight, get it out, then often go on to be friends later where women hold grudges and rarely become friends with those they have fought with or stealth mentally attack/reengage. My wife is always on about if only women ruled the powerful governments of the world there would be less war. I disagree with her on that but I do agree with her women are better at building communities.

I have sure as shit already taught my 14 year old son how to exercise, fight (he did some BJJ and Muay Thai already and wants more), hunt, fish, camp, start fire without a lighter/match and generally look after himself and others. My daughter has some of the same lessons but to a lesser extent as she is younger, she'll have all the same teachings I have to offer. The world today is more connected, at times it feels like so much progress and then current events like this topic make it feel as archaic as ever.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I visited the natural history museum in Newyork couple of months ago and they had a large segment on the history of Jewish people. in part of it was something like a large timeline of events with letters and old transcripts from people lived in that period. The thing that surprised me about it was that these letters seemed to always speak in fear about their fate and faith during the romans or Persian rule, but then drastically speak in very positive tone about their Muslim rulers and how they gave them why more freedom than past Christian kingdoms.
Are you trying to say that it would be the same today? I think post-19th century Islam is very different than it ever was before, at very least when it comes to armed forces/seats of power. Just with humanity in general, we have seen plenty of peoples who were cool with each other for centuries before becoming ideological enemies and then there is no going back. You can't use ancient records to determine how people would behave today.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I agree. Iranian leadership are the sick fucks who spread the idea of suicide bombing and these terror tactics are a similar idea that spreads to more groups if your response to it is soft. There can be no tolerance for this behavior, including the presumption their enemies will throw their hands up in their air and say "oh well" when you hide among civilians. The response must be fast with overwhelming deployment so they do not escape yet the action careful and thorough or their subversion methods will work. Plans like these arise from a culture that sees it as acceptable and profitable. It must meet with such utter defeat that those notions cannot be held without also remembering their dire ends. It is important for the sake of the whole world that groups like ISIS and Hamas do not succeed in any sense. Their audacity in savagery must become their quick end.
What helps terrorist recruitment is that a lot of those middle eastern countries are so ingrained in religion, the governments promote it, you got royal cleric guys in robes talking religion instead of jobs and economy

So what happens is the government doesn't give a shit, the people dont give a shit, and despite trillions of oil barrel profits which youd think would build up infrastructure, schools and jobs over the decades (most countries in the world arent blessed with oil reserves), you got a populace which will have a volatile portion of people amped up to Rambo kill their way for a living and thrills because they are programmed from birth to be angry, religious and they got nothing else to do on a daily basis anyway because there's a good chance they got no job. Israel has an impressive unemployment rate of only 3%. All the countries surrounding them are like 10-15%.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
"if I put the guards outside the prison walls and lock the prisoners in, are they actually free?"
Still my question goes unanswered. Israel forcibly removed settlers from Gaza, the army left, they were left to their own devices, and keep in mind the EU/US and some Arab states supported them financially. There was and isn't no open prison. Of course Israel will monitor the area like any place in the world where there's a hostile people living next to you, but they had free access to Egypt, case in point how they bring all their equipment.

Still, a year later the first barrage of rockets were shot. Why didn't they just live? why didn't they invest in their people?

There is no excuse, and that's why you'll hide under prison or whatever. You have no answer.

The answer is they want no peace, they want the Jews dead, the land is just a cherry.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Same here for growing up and earning that respect from your willingness to give action. If only the so called superpower governments would do the same, instead of going for useless public opinion polls and vanity points. Over the years/fights I learnt to deescalate and talk/walk away more so but that only goes so far and you're right, you're going to be left facing a longer sustained issue if you cower or avoid confrontation. The same applies to school bullies or world issues like this topic. One occasion I struck first to avoid an all out brouhaha between a couple of groups (including the girlfriends/ladies we were with), rarely/sometimes you just gotta hit first and be the bully for the greater good (bloody tough call). When I decked their "leader" out cold, the one starting the shit and stand out front, his stubby (beer bottle) dropped on the ground and was likely ready for someone's head, probably mine as we were toe to toe when I put myself in harms way so my friends wouldn't have to. Batman had it right. I took an instinctual gamble, paid off this time, could have gone way worse.

Your reply got me thinking about gender differences, incoming personal anecdotal opinion inbound...e.g. men fight, get it out, then often go on to be friends later where women hold grudges and rarely become friends with those they have fought with or stealth mentally attack/reengage. My wife is always on about if only women ruled the powerful governments of the world there would be less war. I disagree with her on that but I do agree with her women are better at building communities.

I have sure as shit already taught my 14 year old son how to exercise, fight (he did some BJJ and Muay Thai already and wants more), hunt, fish, camp, start fire without a lighter/match and generally look after himself and others. My daughter has some of the same lessons but to a lesser extent as she is younger, she'll have all the same teachings I have to offer. The world today is more connected, at times it feels like so much progress and then current events like this topic make it feel as archaic as ever.
You're a much better moderator/deescaltor/calming mind kind of guy. I give you props for trying first to be patient.

For me, I got right to the point and just slugged it out. I'd grab his collar first, smash away until he gave up or I lost. Pure head hunter too. Never kicked. Had to go to the hospital one time since I fractured my knuckle on a guy's face since I punched him so many times. It never fully healed as the knuckle bump is like half a centimeter lower than where it should be. It's like it permanently sunk or something. lol. He never bothered me again.

Ozriel

M$FT
That dummy retweeted this doozy;

Israel is literally surrounded by countries that repeatedly call for its annihilation. They've even tried. That's kinda why its armed to the teeth....

The sheer stupidity is astounding.

The headline makes no sense.

An ‘uprising in Palestine’ would describe young Palestinians rising up to overthrow the Hamas scum and letting reasonable heads handle the discussions for a two state solution.

Paragliding into a party and killing and raping young women, shooting kids and abducting elderly people isn’t laudable at all.

Uhtred

One thing I have come to appreciate a lot is this forum. Thank you to everyone. The enormity of what happened has still not been quantified. I’m glad we have a place to call it out for what it is. I am shocked by other forums other people, some government officials and their reaction to this horrific attack. I ask like where is your humanity people? What is wrong with you? I appreciate that at least here this is all being called out for what it is.

correct me if i am wrong. It was at the begging of this year that the US army left the middle east or something like that? and they left a lot of equipment, and the government was overthrown in a matter of days....a complete disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom