• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I have noticed a total absence of mention of rape in mainstream media. It is an absolutely disgusting omission. They are protecting the image of the men who did these things.

Everything needs to be brought to light. Also, Israel should think about becoming a 2A state.(or something similar)

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I have noticed a total absence of mention of rape in mainstream media. It is an absolutely disgusting omission. They are protecting the image of the men who did these things.
They won't even call them terrorists, and they won't show the gruesome images. The media has a clear bias. I'm sure John Oliver is already preparing a piece of why Hamas was right to rape women and girls, mutilate their bodies, and slit their throats.

You're a much better moderator/deescaltor/calming mind kind of guy. I give you props for trying first to be patient.

For me, I got right to the point and just slugged it out. I'd grab his collar first, smash away until he gave up or I lost. Pure head hunter too. Never kicked. Had to go to the hospital one time since I fractured my knuckle on a guy's face since I punched him so many times. It never fully healed as the knuckle bump is like half a centimeter lower than where it should be. It's like it permanently sunk or something. lol. He never bothered me again.
I lose my temper still, it takes a bit to boil over but when I do I tend to go overboard.

Same goes for permanent reminders here, one of my pinkies last joint is twisted and protrudes more from when I either broke or dislocated it and as a stupid kid never went to the docs to fix.

Hopefully world leaders have cool heads but are willing to jump to action still, inaction isn't the answer to Hamas or Russia etc. Growing up I always thought the UN was supposed to be the world's peacekeeper, they're not cut out for the dirty work required to create peace long term and they're far too reactionary are toothless due to too many chefs.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Everything needs to be brought to light. Also, Israel should think about becoming a 2A state.(or something similar)
They already announced a speedy get-a-gun program which will enable you to get armed in a week. I'm not sure that's a good thing in a time of crisis when everyone is triggered.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
correct me if i am wrong. It was at the begging of this year that the US army left the middle east or something like that? and they left a lot of equipment, and the government was overthrown in a matter of days....a complete disaster
Evel Knievel could not have made the leap you just tried to take lol

chlorate

Man, in 2021 if you told Ivy League foreign policy wonks at American thinktanks that the Russian military was a bunch of bumbling morons but Hamas actually had their shit together you’d be laughed out of every room.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Thats because if they show the massacre at face value what really happened and who did it, it would support the stereotype that terrorist acts come from mid east region people. And doing that makes the entire population look bad.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
They won't even call them terrorists, and they won't show the gruesome images. The media has a clear bias. I'm sure John Oliver is already preparing a piece of why Hamas was right to rape women and girls, mutilate their bodies, and slit their throats.
Yes today I saw this absurd string of text on CNN:
pRO7Cfa.png

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I lose my temper still, it takes a bit to boil over but when I do I tend to go overboard.

Same goes for permanent reminders here, one of my pinkies last joint is twisted and protrudes more from when I either broke or dislocated it and as a stupid kid never went to the docs to fix.

Hopefully world leaders have cool heads but are willing to jump to action still, inaction isn't the answer to Hamas or Russia etc. Growing up I always thought the UN was supposed to be the world's peacekeeper, they're not cut out for the dirty work required to create peace long term and they're far too reactionary are toothless due to too many chefs.
Inaction is never the right answer unless someone likes being steamrolled or they hit the lottery and things magically turn for the better while you, me, or anyone else takes a nap.

In business, you'll hear every boss say the same thing..... you cant keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.

In other words, you sit on your ass doing the same business strategies hoping one day those sagging trends just shoot up if the company waits it out long enough. If you want change, you got to be proactive.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Yes today I saw this absurd string of text on CNN:
pRO7Cfa.png
Words create the world. This is what they are trying to do, make them just freedom fighters, armed group, they didn't just slaughter 700 innocent people. It's really sad and depressing, I do blame Israel and Jews abroad that allowed this to happen, I thought we controlled everything...

Darchaos

One just looses hope when you see people on retardera and x and such, defending this attack,without any consecvenses at all, as usuall......The world is truley fucked when thoose people make it feel like they are in majority.

Just been on a left wing site. What has been seen cannot be unseen. I don't want to hear racist this or fascist that ever again from people who out smile emojis next to Jews being massacred.

it's unfortunate but not surprising to see the pro hamas sentiment from western countries. The current generation has grown up relying on the internet. Their world exists only on social media which, let's be real, is often a cesspool of disinformation and outright propaganda.

Vognerful

Are you trying to say that it would be the same today? I think post-19th century Islam is very different than it ever was before, at very least when it comes to armed forces/seats of power. Just with humanity in general, we have seen plenty of peoples who were cool with each other for centuries before becoming ideological enemies and then there is no going back. You can't use ancient records to determine how people would behave today.
I am trying to show that it is possible for people to coexist and that it is not just people waiting for the moment to execute revenge phantasy the moment they spot a jew. There already several million Arabs live within Israel and carry Israeli citizenship. When people looking at this conflict they would think they every single jew was exterminated under the hands of Muslims in previous centuries.
I want to also remind many users here to actually read further on the conflict; most of the early Palestinian resistance organizations (after 1948) such the PLA and the one led by George Habash where secular/pan Arabist movement. The Islamic "flavor" did not dominate until way late after the first intifada.
Still my question goes unanswered. Israel forcibly removed settlers from Gaza, the army left, they were left to their own devices, and keep in mind the EU/US and some Arab states supported them financially. There was and isn't no open prison. Of course Israel will monitor the area like any place in the world where there's a hostile people living next to you, but they had free access to Egypt, case in point how they bring all their equipment.

Still, a year later the first barrage of rockets were shot. Why didn't they just live? why didn't they invest in their people?

There is no excuse, and that's why you'll hide under prison or whatever. You have no answer.

The answer is they want no peace, they want the Jews dead, the land is just a cherry.
Please do not equate the people of Gaza to Hamas, I do not endorse their current actions and had My sufficient share of arguing with others how they are not allies to the Palestinian people. Just like it would not be fair to equate the decisions of GWB in invading many countries or Israelis for the actions of Sharon or Ben across the years.

And I am confused because it seam you do admit that Israel have been controlling all their border crossings (the one with Egypt is indirectly controlled by them. Egypt always open or closes that crossing based on requests from Israel), their seashore and air for more than 15 years now. In fact, Israel literally calculates how many calories are enough for Gazans to consume every day and base on it how much kilogram of food they should allow in.

And it is not Ben or the right wing government in Israel hate Hamas in the first place; they give him a very good excuse during election seasons to galvanize right wing voters (many of them are orthodox jewish fanatics who dream of exterminating arabs, you can find many videos about it online even before this recent event) and gift him another term, forgetting his other political failures (corruption charges, consolidation of power, jeopardizing current Israel democracy like FUCKING RIGHT NOW! (did we all forget about the recurring demonstrations that took place few weeks ago?!)).

And to answer your stupid question, because blockades and sanctions don't do much except making it 10 times worse for the common person. Most Gazan top leaders live outside Gaza in fancy houses; they don't suffer from these blockades. We have seen this in Iraq, Iran, North Korea and other many countries.

No you are trying to bring up some political BS from an entirely different situation for no reason.

Stick to the topic of discussion and not try to reach for BS that has nothing to do with it.
i didn't bring anything.I was replying to your comment:

Nobody_Important said:
I am usually very anti-war and anti-US involvement in stuff like this, but all of this coming to a head has me thinking that the US and its allies needs to do everything short of boots on the ground at this point to make sure Israel is able to at the very least cripple Hamas into complete irrelevance or wipe them off the face of the earth at best

This was a 9/11 style attack in every way meant to create fear and terror for geopolitical gain
and at this point I say Hamas should pay for it with its existence. Especially as more and more evidence comes out about just how depraved and deranged the attacks on civilians have been

what you are describing by your own words is a very similar situation, so these words of yours:
No you are trying to bring up some political BS from an entirely different situation for no reason.
no, you did
Stick to the topic of discussion and not try to reach for BS that has nothing to do with it.
apply this to yourself. because this indeed is a very different situation and I quote:
that has nothing to do with it.
so, check yourself mate.

what I did is:
to point out that by your own comparison how the the US-allies intervention was not a real solution.

So, this terrorist attack against Israel (not the US) will have severe consequences and Israel (not the US) has a big and an exceptionally well-equipped army (among the best in the world)

for being a "very anti-war and anti-US involvement" your "thinking" is highly contradictory and hypocritical.

U.S. and allies involvement at this stage will be a massive escalation very....how do you say it?: Very Pro-War and vey Pro US Intervention.

Vognerful

Thats because if they show the massacre at face value what really happened and who did it, it would support the stereotype that terrorist acts come from mid east region people. And doing that makes the entire population look bad.
Bro I love you as another xbox guy.

but Please STFU about stereotyping and grouping together a population of almost 500 million people. Because then you have absolutely no qualm about people when they refer to the west as = USA + Western Europe + Russia + Nazi Germany + Yugoslavia (sounds ridiculous? I know! I am trying to make a message hear).

Nobody_Important

i didn't bring anything.I was replying to your comment:

Nobody_Important said:
I am usually very anti-war and anti-US involvement in stuff like this, but all of this coming to a head has me thinking that the US and its allies needs to do everything short of boots on the ground at this point to make sure Israel is able to at the very least cripple Hamas into complete irrelevance or wipe them off the face of the earth at best

This was a 9/11 style attack in every way meant to create fear and terror for geopolitical gain
and at this point I say Hamas should pay for it with its existence. Especially as more and more evidence comes out about just how depraved and deranged the attacks on civilians have been

what you are describing by your own words is a very similar situation, so these words of yours:

no, you did

apply this to yourself. because this indeed is a very different situation and I quote:

so, check yourself mate.

what I did is:
to point out that by your own comparison how the the US-allies intervention was not a real solution.

So, this terrorist attack against Israel (not the US) will have severe consequences and Israel (not the US) has a big and an exceptionally well-equipped army (among the best in the world)

for being a "very anti-war and anti-US involvement" your "thinking" is highly contradictory and hypocritical.

U.S. and allies involvement at this stage will be a massive escalation very....how do you say it?: Very Pro-War and vey Pro US Intervention.
Points for trying. I'll give you that lol

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Please do not equate the people of Gaza to Hamas, I do not endorse their current actions and had My sufficient share of arguing with others how they are not allies to the Palestinian people. Just like it would not be fair to equate the decisions of GWB in invading many countries or Israelis for the actions of Sharon or Ben across the years.
They elected Hamas so it's what they brought on themselves. In Israel we had demonstrations against the goverment for almost a year since the last election, each week more than 100K people not agreeing to this government of fanatics. And the way the party system work in Israel is just stupid.

And to answer your stupid question, because blockades and sanctions don't do much except making it 10 times worse for the common person. Most Gazan top leaders live outside Gaza in fancy houses; they don't suffer from these blockades. We have seen this in Iraq, Iran, North Korea and other many countries.
The common people elected Hamas, the outcome of their lives would've been different if they elected the PLO, agreed? Maybe not electing a terrorist organization to run your government could've made a difference.

And still, when Israel left they could've said (like Jews said when their times were tough), we'll show them. Gaza sits on an amazing piece of land with warm weather and beautiful beaches. They could've made it into the Macao of the middle east.

It's naive to think that Israel will not control what goes in and out, and still, open air prison and all they managed to get gliders, rockets, launchers, etc in. They dug up the entire place and have tunnels everywhere. Instead they could've built hotels, water parks, etc.

We are where we are because Palestinians love to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, they could've had peace several times. Israel unilaterally leaving was a huge win for them, as there was a referendum in Israel about it, the people voted no, and Ariel Sharon still did it.

I don't know if I can convince you, and I'm not saying the situation was perfect, but some blame should be placed on the Palestinians. Though I do understand that people love to infantilize every underdog.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
it's unfortunate but not surprising to see the pro hamas sentiment from western countries. The current generation has grown up relying on the internet. Their world exists only on social media which, let's be real, is often a cesspool of disinformation and outright propaganda.
Can you show me examples of pro Hamas sentiment from western countries?

I have a two year old son. I can't watch that video. I'm just deeply saddened and disturbed by the whole situation. Those poor families and kids, I hope somehow that boy escapes or is released.

Much as I'm frustrated by my own country as of late, shit like this is why I'm so fucking glad I live in the United States. I'll take inflation, online culture wars and the occasional police brutality over me and other families being rounded up out of nowhere and getting raped/executed by a bunch of fucking backwards thinking retards with guns.
Yup. I was getting mad about some bullshit yesterday and then I came home to see this. Just… yeah.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
They already announced a speedy get-a-gun program which will enable you to get armed in a week. I'm not sure that's a good thing in a time of crisis when everyone is triggered.

They can be level headed, but they are also human. They need the reassurance.

RaduN

Can you show me examples of pro Hamas sentiment from western countries?
Yeah, basically the entire EU, Ukraine, current USA leadership, you name it, stand by Israel unconditionally.
Of course there will be some rotten apples here and there, like Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, some other dictators, that are usually the whores of the western world, not to mention Russia that is probably directly involved.

RaduN

Luckily those that do aren't in power. Basically every left wing party in Europe is on edge now trying to avoid a PR disaster.
So, which ones exactly? Certainly not the ones in my country, neither right or left.
All i see is the far right spinning it like usual, with fucking lies and propaganda.

Vognerful

They elected Hamas so it's what they brought on themselves. In Israel we had demonstrations against the goverment for almost a year since the last election, each week more than 100K people not agreeing to this government of fanatics. And the way the party system work in Israel is just stupid.

The common people elected Hamas, the outcome of their lives would've been different if they elected the PLO, agreed? Maybe not electing a terrorist organization to run your government could've made a difference.

And still, when Israel left they could've said (like Jews said when their times were tough), we'll show them. Gaza sits on an amazing piece of land with warm weather and beautiful beaches. They could've made it into the Macao of the middle east.

It's naive to think that Israel will not control what goes in and out, and still, open air prison and all they managed to get gliders, rockets, launchers, etc in. They dug up the entire place and have tunnels everywhere. Instead they could've built hotels, water parks, etc.

We are where we are because Palestinians love to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, they could've had peace several times. Israel unilaterally leaving was a huge win for them, as there was a referendum in Israel about it, the people voted no, and Ariel Sharon still did it.

I don't know if I can convince you, and I'm not saying the situation was perfect, but some blame should be placed on the Palestinians. Though I do understand that people love to infantilize every underdog.
Hold on there! because while some of your ending statements were actually great, your started with disingenuous attempt!

PLO was already governing Palestinian territories before Hamas, but you probably know how extremely corrupt they are, incompetent and despised by Palestinians and Israelis alike. Palestinians and Gazans specifically believed that Hamas controlled government (they both created a coalition in the senate) would be still be better for them. Do you think that in 2006 people knew that things would turn to shit and they would not have the chance to elect other leaders again? They had only 2 choices: Hamas or PLO. I mean the PLO still runs the west bank (with extreme corruption and incompetence) without allowing any opposition so I am sure from perspective of elective democracy they are not any better.

Trying to blame the Palestinians who have no power over who rule them and saying that they should rise and kill themselves trying to dispose their rulers so that a bunch of people who don't live between them can hate them less is fucking disgusting. You know fucking when that Israeli government would not dare shoot their own citizens, you think Hamas would not just spray those protesters with bullets, say they are terrorists and call it a day? so what? so that we can finally "ah now I can treat you like humans".
Also what did all these protests do any better? Wasn't the guy who took after him a short period MORE EXTREME TO THE RIGHT? Last time I checked Ben still in office, and congratulations he is going to use this to consolidate his power kill whatever left of your democracy.

You missed the part again about blockades and sanctions not being effective against ruling power and only manages to make the life of your average joe miserable. Yes, a ruling military dictatorship who enjoys revenge phantasies cares more about bringing weapons and means to ensure their power than to feed and care about their people. There is nothing new about this as we have seen for 30 years in Iran, IRaq, Cuba, North Korea, Syria, etc.

I will place blame on palestinians when they deserve so. Do they deserve the blame for not taking some of the peace initiatives offered on the table? yes. Do some of them are fucking stupid for defending hamas now? yes. Do Palestinians (in Gaza or West Bank) deserve this because they voted for Hamas in 2006? absolutely fucking not. Does Israeli government take blame for ensuring that this cycle of violence continue so that can benefit of a bogeyman that they can up when their interest is in jeopardy or to cater to their right wing extremists? yes.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
PLO was already governing Palestinian territories before Hamas, but you probably know how extremely corrupt they are, incompetent and
I will place blame on palestinians when they deserve so. Do they deserve the blame for not taking some of the peace initiatives offered on the table? yes. Do some of them are fucking stupid for defending hamas now? yes. Do Palestinians (in Gaza or West Bank) deserve this because they voted for Hamas in 2006? absolutely fucking not. Does Israeli government take blame for ensuring that this cycle of violence continue so that can benefit of a bogeyman that they can up when their interest is in jeopardy or to cater to their right wing extremists? yes.
Good so overall we are in agreement on some stuff. I don't agree people can't revolt, like you said, they live both in the West Bank and Gaza like shit because of their leaders, so if you got nothing to lose you can revolt.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Can't help but wonder if Russia has a hand in all of this in order to divert attention/support from Ukraine to Israel.

Absolutely 100% cast iron certainty.

Russia has consistently propped up Hamas via Iran for many, many years.

The pro-Russia bots are desperately pushing the idea that Hamas got their weapons from Ukraine, because they know what the actual truth is.

Putin funds, arms and pushes terrorist groups like Hamas.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

My brother in Christ...........

The conflict is almost 100 years old!
Yeah but this is a boiling point.

Israel has the opportunity to go scorched earth here with literally no negative repercussions. It's down to whether or not they want to do that though.

So, which ones exactly? Certainly not the ones in my country, neither right or left.
All i see is the far right spinning it like usual,
All i see is the far right spinning it like usual, with fucking lies and propaganda.
Are you serious. Seen enough left wing demonstrators in London waving Palestisn flags over the years to Last a lifetime. There is going to be march on the Israeli embassy by a left wing group over the next couple of days. Already been approached by the activists. I mean they could be all far right infiltrates in disguise but I think the Earth being flat is more likely.

Vognerful

Absolutely 100% cast iron certainty.

Russia has consistently propped up Hamas via Iran for many, many years.

The pro-Russia bots are desperately pushing the idea that Hamas got their weapons from Ukraine, because they know what the actual truth is.

Putin funds, arms and pushes terrorist groups like Hamas.
Russia Has no interest in being on the wrong side of Israel (as we have seen, Ben refused to take sides in that conflict). I think Putin didn't know that they were trying to pull this shit.

ghairat

The conflict over the Holy Land brings out, again, the worst in people. It's possible to have two thoughts in your head. It is possible to be a friend of Israel without agreeing with Israel's policies. It is possible to sympathize with Palestinians without supporting Hamas. It is possible to express disgust at the barbaric scenes of murder and kidnapping of Israeli civilians while at the same time expressing horror at the Israeli bombing of Palestinian homes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom