• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
God, why are any of you shocked?

The people who justify and apologize for terror, supporting terror? The people who apologize for putrid authoritarians regimes because they are anti-western and hate the US, now - how shocking - supporting fascists terrorists and mass murder? The People with Che posters and hammer and sickle flags supporting totalitarian ideologies and their atrocities? Those people dominate your highest institutions. You even vote for them, that disgusting shit stain sanders nearly became US president and the only problem people had was with a fucking border wall (do you support walls now? How about open borders with the muslim world?). Obama, that other shit stain, took a shit eating grin picture with a Che poster in Cuba and if he weren't president he'd be posting on twitter in praise of this attack, directly or indirectly.

Yeah, let's not get into what US president did what to further the causes of Hamas, Iran and Russia, eh? Or who is supporting mass murderers in the US. Not least because we don't get into internal politics here.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Aside from the obvious bombing of explicitly military targets, I wonder what Israel’s approach into Gaza will be. They don’t have the resources to just apprehend and detain every single man aged 16-45. Its gonna be another Iraq where they’re patrolling in residential districts, never knowing which people hate them and which people don’t, settin off IEDs, gettin picked off by the occassional sniper, just ugly stuff. Their goal is to eradicate Hamas, but Hamas is backed by a lingering ideology, which is not something you can shoot at.

Not sayin they shouldn’t go in to kill any combatants they can and rescue any hostages they can, but I just don’t see what any tangible victory looks like. And many Palestinians, a good chunk of which were not even born when Hamas was elected, will be collateral damage.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Aside from the obvious bombing of explicitly military targets, I wonder what Israel’s approach into Gaza will be. They don’t have the resources to just apprehend and detain every single man aged 16-45. Its gonna be another Iraq where they’re patrolling in residential districts, never knowing which people hate them and which people don’t, settin off IEDs, gettin picked off by the occassional sniper, just ugly stuff. Their goal is to eradicate Hamas, but Hamas is backed by a lingering ideology, which is not something you can shoot at.

Not sayin they shouldn’t go in to kill any combatants they can and rescue any hostages they can, but I just don’t see what any tangible victory looks like. And many Palestinians, a good chunk of which were not even born when Hamas was elected, will be collateral damage.
The IDF has stated that Hamas as an organization will cease to exist. Take that as you will.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I feel like the Democrat party in the US do not want a war with Iran and they don't like Bibi either. Obama's relationship with Netanyahu was pretty nasty and there's the whole Iran nuclear deal thing. I feel like the liberal media's terrible reporting is tied to this in some way.

Little refresher: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ins...yahus-strained-relationship/story?id=44414492

Quit it with all the fucking US politicking. Unless you want to get into what things may have happened between 2016 and 2020 that could have weakened Israel and strengthened Hamas in a world post the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Last edited:

This would ironically be exactly what the Wagner Group could be hired for. No political problems if they die, some distance from the war crimes they commit and no need for much more then food, ammo and a number they can call for artillery support.

Pilgrimzero

Serious question: Aside from being a place in the bible with religious significance, what does Israel have that the US (and a lot of her citizens) feel the need to defend/side with?

If it’s just religious, even God abandon/punished them when they defied Him. So, they aren’t always in the righteous with their decisions.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

In terms of victory, the problem is, as far as the Israelis are concerned, it means 'no muslims'. And as far as the Palestinians are concerned it means 'no jews'.

Victory for the rest of us would mean neither of them being allowed to stay on that patch of land, and having it cordoned off as a museum site.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Quit it with all the fucking US politicking. Unless you want to get into what things may have happened between 2016 and 2020 that could have weakened Israel and strengthened Hamas in a world post the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
You can't convince me. I will always hold the Democrats responsible for Israel's current state. On and btw, between 2016 and 2020 there was a breakthrough peace deal brokered between Israel and UAE and shift in Saudi's view towards the country. And exit from the Iran nuclear deal etc etc. Anyway I don't want to talk about US politics either so whatever.

DonJorginho

Banned
I have supported and will continue to support the cause of Palestinian people but I will never EVER support the evil actions taken by Hamas, sadly any conflict always strips the morality away from people on either side, we have seen the IDF and Hamas do truly horrific things time after time to one another, but luckily I'm mature enough to understand that there's good and bad on both sides. I would never label all Israelis as evil or as compliant with the awful actions of Netanyahu, but I also would never call all Palestinians terrorists as I know for a fact there will be many who don't support what Hamas is doing but get drowned out by their very vocal supporters.

I hate seeing bloodshed on either side or in any form, I will not support the barbaric attacks upon innocents by Hamas, just like how I will not support the obliteration of innocents homes via bombing on the Gaza strip by Israel.

A lot of people (not on here, talking about certain other forums and social media sites) don't understand how to have a balanced frame of mind or just to think like adults, everyone is so desperate to pin their flag to the mast of one side and stick to it no matter what because they think it makes them look more noble or humane, it's stupid and further evidence on how most people online nowadays use conflicts like these almost like fashion accessories and to seem more intellectual or selfless than they actually are.

I can't see it happening anytime soon (if at all now after what Hamas started) but I'll be hoping for a stop to this conflict eventually, for the sakes of the innocents on both sides. I have many friends from Israel who I would never wish harm on, just like how I have friends who have direct connections to those affected in Palestine who I'd never wish harm upon either, so I'll continue to blindly hope for a resolution to keep both sides safe whilst punishing those who have wholeheartedly crossed the line (Hamas, certain individuals in the IDF, Netanyahu).

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

The only real solution would be to expel every Palestinian living in Gaza to Egypt and let the Arab countries deal with 2 million refugees. That's the only way Israel could really solve the Gaza problem. Ethnic cleansing. It would set Israel's relations with the Arab world to square one. Countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt got closer to Israel because they shared a common enemy (Iran), but the public opinion in those countries wouldn't accept friendly relations with a country that would force 2 million Palestinians, Arabs like themselves, to leave their homes. Such a thing could even lead to actual war with the Arab world.

The only real solution would be to expel every Palestinian living in Gaza to Egypt and let the Arab countries deal with 2 million refugees. That's the only way Israel could really solve the Gaza problem. Ethnic cleansing. It would set Israel's relations with the Arab world to square one. Countries like Saudi Arabia and Egypt got closer to Israel because they shared a common enemy (Iran), but the public opinion in those countries wouldn't accept friendly relations with a country that would force 2 million Palestinians, Arabs like themselves, to leave their homes. Such a thing could even lead to actual war with the Arab world.
It is basically how it has been happening for generations across the world. It was either ethnic cleansing or displacement. We have seen that recently with Azerbaijan and Karabakh region.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

Well, Israel and Saudi Arabia are friends no longer. I suspect other Arab countries will follow suit soon.

[removed, fake]

Last edited by a moderator:
The only real solution would be to expel every Palestinian living in Gaza to Egypt and let the Arab countries deal with 2 million refugees. That's the only way Israel could really solve the Gaza problem.
I don't want to stir the pot but as an outsider in the argument but I am on Israels side Gaza is considered an illegal occupied state like Crimea as of 1967 by the UN.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Pp2blIl.jpg

It is basically how it has been happening for generations across the world. It was either ethnic cleansing or displacement. We have seen that recently with Azerbaijan and Karabakh region.
I have thought for sometime that there will have to be victor at some point but nothing is without consequence. If Ukraine ever takes back Crimea, this will be a possible scenario where those who are hostile might have to be deported to Russia to stop the possibility of insurrection. Ukraine could become like Israel if not.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

I used to live in this area and these cunts view Australia, and Australians, with utter contempt. Then these bastards breed, helped along by generous welfare support which they also scam and abuse, and raise other generations of fucktards to hate the country that welcome them and gave them all a fresh start. It's utterly hopeless. And these nest of fuckers are now infesting and spreading in all western countries around the world, because the rest of us tolerate it, instead of shutting this shit down.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, Israel and Saudi Arabia are friends no longer. I suspect other Arab countries will follow suit soon.

Not a credible source and not finding this corroborated anywhere.

Latest news is just SA calling for deescalation:

Well Iran got what it wanted in the end - unfortunate that everyone knew this is what they wanted yet they still let them have it

Edit: guess it was fake

Last edited:
I have thought for sometime that there will have to be victor at some point but nothing is without consequence. If Ukraine ever takes back Crimea, this will be a possible scenario where those who are hostile might have to be deported to Russia to stop the possibility of insurrection. Ukraine could become like Israel if not.
It has been a talking point in the past indeed. I would not be surpised if it were to happen. Though Crimea is a special case. I would think of eastern regions of Ukraine.

Last edited:

kruis

That was the objective of this attack.

One of the Twitter theories about this attack is that Hamas wants to provoke Israel so badly that it uses all its military force to squash Hamas. That deadly deadly revenge against the whole of Gaza will lead to so many innocent Palestinian women and children killed that it will galvanize the Arab world into action (war). It's a tinfoil hat theory, but it explains why Hamas would even try such a foolhardy attack, knowing full well that any military success will be squashed within hours. And why the insurgents did their utmost to kill innocent civilians by the hundreds. It's not about military success, it's about baiting Israel into doing things that will make Arab nations say: "We won't accept this anymore."

Thaedolus

One of the Twitter theories about this attack is that Hamas wants to provoke Israel so badly that it uses all its military force to squash Hamas. That deadly deadly revenge against the whole of Gaza will lead to so many innocent Palestinian women and children killed that it will galvanize the Arab world into action (war). It's a tinfoil hat theory, but it explains why Hamas would even try such a foolhardy attack, knowing full well that any military success will be squashed within hours. And why the insurgents did their utmost to kill innocent civilians by the hundreds. It's not about military success, it's about baiting Israel into doing things that will make Arab nations say: "We won't accept this anymore."
I actually don’t think this is very tin foil-y. Bait Israel into an overwhelming response > Arab world galvanizes against Israel > ???? > virgins for you, virgins for you, virgins for you!

Wild card: Turkey, a NATO country, siding with Palestine.

You live in cloud cuckoo land if you think that solution would work.

This isn't directed at you but I've seen multiple people in here talk about forced displacement of people and some even on the borderline of genocide.

I'm pretty sure some don't even know the history of the world or previous mass tragedies when they openly talk this nonsense. Every forced displacement of people on large quantities has always been followed by a genocide. Some clown earlier was suggesting this; while the EU and the USA would support this and including bombing Iran..🤣 the USA would not have the balls to support Israel doing this.

From the Armenians, to European Jews to Rwanda a forced displacement has been a precursor to a genocide.

How exactly do you move 2.1 million people against their will? They would simply throw their bodies on the ground and refuse to move, so what do you do? At gun point threaten to shoot? And if they don't move? You either shoot and commit said genocide or your bluff is called. Then what? Do you know how much manpower you would need to then physically move that many people.. Jesus Christ I don't think Israel has enough soldiers to do that, you would need 2/3 people to carry 1 at a time. There's not enough trucks in Israel to then ship them out? You think the USA or the EU would lend a hand.. I doubt it .

Israel should just kill the terrorists, arrest all the Hamas network and force some kind of puppet government. Truth is there is no easy solution but some kind of final solution that some of you seem to suggest wouldn't fly. Even Israel wouldn't do it; they would probably lose US support. US support is more valuable to the Israelis if it means putting up with Gaza.

Also the people blinding coming out supporting Palestinians/Hamas are idiots with no sense of time and place. Right now they've just murdered 1000+ civilians, regardless of the history they're in the wrong completely here.

Wildebeest

Also the people blinding coming out supporting Palestinians/Hamas are idiots with no sense of time and place. Right now they've just murdered 1000+ civilians, regardless of the history they're in the wrong completely here.
They would be total idiots if they came out in support of Hamas, no matter time or place. Even if they secretly support them it tarnishes their credibility and undermines their message.

Well there was the small matter of a determined effort by the nazis to completely eliminate Jewish people from the world which might have precipitated such a rash move.

of course history is just a series of cause and effect, that's not really a lesson...but when I say "everything we're seeing now" I'm obviously talking about Palestine-Israeli relations

eNT1TY

The IDF has stated that Hamas as an organization will cease to exist. Take that as you will.
Some may not want to see it but the Palestinians en masse will be better off without Hamas and have a chance to have representation that wasn't hijacked from them by a sock puppet regime. Hamas has put more of "their" people in harms way than they have ever done in protecting and caring for them. There is a path to relative prosperity in the future but only if Hamas is out of the picture; it may seem like i'm just weaving platitudes but it is what it is.

I really don't get where these palestinian/hama's supporters are coming from. I am as left wing as they come, you know Universal healthcare, proper living wage etc etc. But I kinda draw the line at supporting a people that are fine with women and children raped and murdered and soldiers having their fucking heads cut off. I appreciate the options open to Hama's and the Palestinians are "limited" but if your cause needs to do these kind of heinous barbaric animalistic things then perhaps your fucking cause should be buried for good. Around the world hundreds of thousands of Palestinians are celebrating the butchering and murdering of innocent people. Those that celebrate this deserve no pity, no sympathy, no aid and no quarter given. The time to be sympathetic to the palestinian cause is over.

ManaByte

Festival massacre survivor tells his story.

"I was there at the festival, there were rockets so people got nervous and everyone started to leave,

We drove towards the main road, where we saw many cars standing in what looked like a traffic jam, at the end there were policemen and soldiers forming a roadblock and blocking the road.

This was not a police checkpoint, these were terrorists impersonators.

They waited until there were a lot of people standing in traffic then pulled out a machine-gun and started spraying the cars with bullets, at least 300 dead.

300 people gone, what they say on the news is wrong.

We were the last car, so we drove reverse.

We took two bullets to the windshield, a bullet penetrated Lior in the shoulder and I was injured by broken glass in my hands.

We managed to get away from them with the car barely working, we opened waze and Lior told me "I served here, let's go to the military base: Gaza division."

Driving towards the division's base, we were sure that we will be safe there.

But they already raided this base at night and killed all the soldiers of the base in their beds, by then they had already taken over the base.

We arrived at the gate with the car all broken.

I saw at the gate's entrance what I was sure were soldiers but actually were 13 terrorists standing ready in crouch position with AK47s and M16s looking at us from a range of about 20 meters then started spraying the hell out of our car.

We were shot all over, all the door were holes, a bullet hit me in the head, tore a part of my head off. Evyatar took a bullet in the pelvis, Lior to the shoulder.

We're all in blood, they threw a grenade at us, suddenly I didn't hear anything, looking to the right, to the left shouting, "Lior get out".

I grabbed Lior and got out of the car, we started running and they kept shooting at us, I heard the bullets pass near my head and kept taking shots near my legs, I still have shrapnel in my legs from the bullets.

We ran and saw the fence of the base, it was about three meters high, we jumped over it through the barbed wire, all my hands were cut.

They kept shooting at us, but not a single bullet hit us, they didn't manage to hit us somehow.

We kept running, and hid there in the snipers' bunker, We were there for about 3-4 hours, without water, bleeding, I made myself a tourniquet, Lior also made a tourniquet.

We were sure the rest were already dead behind, I didn't look back.

Then a team of Shayetet 13 (Israeli navy seals) arrived at the base, and real war started inside, some additional 30-40 soldiers were gone.

I heard the screams of death, pull back, pull back, death, they were shooting RPGs at each other, right in the middle of the war we were.

We finally went out to them, we were afraid that our soldiers would shoot at us because we looked like terrorists with shirts wrapped around our heads.

We left with our hands up, I told them not to shoot that we are Israeli.

They told us to lie on the floor and questioned us, checking that we were Israelis, I told him our names and that we were wounded.

At the end a helicopter came to rescue some wounded soldiers, I grabbed the soldier by the hands and looked him in the eyes, I told him "My brother I have a little girl at home and a family, you are taking me with you in that helicopter". He looked and me and told me "yalla" (come on), "cooperate".

So we started to cooperate, lifting injured soldiers on my shoulders, Lior helped lifting the stretcher to the helicopter, trying to save people as much as possible,

People were screaming to hold on tight, and don't die in my hands, it was like a movie.

He took us at the end,Thank god now we are recovering."

Anyone defending this is as bad as the people who did it.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
In terms of victory, the problem is, as far as the Israelis are concerned, it means 'no muslims'. And as far as the Palestinians are concerned it means 'no jews'.

Victory for the rest of us would mean neither of them being allowed to stay on that patch of land, and having it cordoned off as a museum site.

We get it. You're a devout atheist who hates religion of all kinds. Your "victory" isn't what everyone else wants. You're just a bigot.

kruis

You live in cloud cuckoo land if you think that solution would work.

This isn't directed at you but I've seen multiple people in here talk about forced displacement of people and some even on the borderline of genocide.

I'm pretty sure some don't even know the history of the world or previous mass tragedies when they openly talk this nonsense. Every forced displacement of people on large quantities has always been followed by a genocide. Some clown earlier was suggesting this; while the EU and the USA would support this and including bombing Iran..🤣 the USA would not have the balls to support Israel doing this.

From the Armenians, to European Jews to Rwanda a forced displacement has been a precursor to a genocide.

How exactly do you move 2.1 million people against their will? They would simply throw their bodies on the ground and refuse to move, so what do you do? At gun point threaten to shoot? And if they don't move? You either shoot and commit said genocide or your bluff is called. Then what? Do you know how much manpower you would need to then physically move that many people.. Jesus Christ I don't think Israel has enough soldiers to do that, you would need 2/3 people to carry 1 at a time. There's not enough trucks in Israel to then ship them out? You think the USA or the EU would lend a hand.. I doubt it .

Israel should just kill the terrorists, arrest all the Hamas network and force some kind of puppet government. Truth is there is no easy solution but some kind of final solution that some of you seem to suggest wouldn't fly. Even Israel wouldn't do it; they would probably lose US support. US support is more valuable to the Israelis if it means putting up with Gaza.

I don't think ethnic cleansing is a human solution to solve the Palestinian problem. It would well create more problems than it solves. (And speaking from a European perspective, if such a thing would occur the majority of the Palestinian refugees would head for Europe and create enormous problems for us). It's a worst case scenario in so many ways.

But I don't see how Israel can fix Gaza. Like I said in an earlier post: it's impossible to root out Hamas. The Israel military can kill all the leaders, arrest thousands of people and it won't change anything in the heads of the people fanatics living among the population. If anything, any retaliatory action (like bombing residential apartment blocks, hundreds of dead civilians, cutting off electricity and water, etc) will create even more radicals.

This is a crisis without a solution.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I really don't get where these palestinian/hama's supporters are coming from.

It's what I tend to refer to as the 'noble savage' style of racism that exists in predominantly liberal, middle class western cultures. They think the the Palestinians are backward and brown, so can't be expected to adhere to the same rules and regulations as us. They are the oppressed, never the oppressors. They are the victims. Never the criminals. That is the thought process that goes on with these people.

This is why you can have a bunch of LGBTQ+ people waving Palestinian flags on protest of Israel, as if they wouldn't be executed on sight in Gaza for being who they are. It's the bigotry of low expectations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom