• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I see no point in undermining Biden's support of Israel. He's going against all the new brainwashed Democrats that hate the West and have to act as everything is seen through the lens of anti-racism. Biden will probably be the last Democratic president fully on board with protecting Israel.

Unless Dean Philips wins the next election.
It's not really his doing. It's the former Obama people he has with him who pushed for an agenda. All Israelis appreciate Biden support and I agree he might be the last Dem one, unless Fetterman runs and wins.

tommib

It's not really his doing. It's the former Obama people he has with him who pushed for an agenda. All Israelis appreciate Biden support and I agree he might be the last Dem one, unless Fetterman runs and wins.
Do you know this man? He's kind my favourite US politician at the moment:

Cyberpunkd

Mohammed bin Salman is a lot more pragmatic and would have already normalized relations with Israel.
The other issue is Biden publicly denouncing Mohammed bin Salman for being a dictator.
Because he is one, in additions to being a murderer and a terrible human being. MBS is thrash personified.

Make a fucking peace with Iran ffs. They hold the key to this clusterfuck of a region.

winjer

Gold Member
Because he is one, in additions to being a murderer and a terrible human being. MBS is thrash personified.

Make a fucking peace with Iran ffs. They hold the key to this clusterfuck of a region.

Of course he is trash, but this is a case f dealing with the lesser evil.
Saudi Arabia, for all the bad that it is, is significantly less bad as Iran.

The same Iran that is financing all this terrorist groups currently fighting against Israel and against the world trade? Unlike Iran, SA at least is trying to go forward. Not to the past.

I wonder if eventually we will have people saying that Iran is a good guy. After all we have some people defending Houthis already anyway. IRGC next I guess.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
5BvRdHb.jpeg

Hmmmm, what does she mean by this?

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
No wonder so many South Africans emigrate
Sample size of one person at work. But opportunities and taxes too. My coworker came to Canada years ago and loves it here. Taxes are high here too, but the standard of living is better, higher end jobs and his wife can also get a good job too. When they want to go back and visit they just fly back every once in a while. He was pissed that such a small number of people in SA pay most of the taxes and he was part of it and didnt really get anything out of it. So he bailed. Super good guy.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Sample size of one person at work. But opportunities and taxes too. My coworker came to Canada years ago and loves it here. Taxes are high here too, but the standard of living is better, higher end jobs and his wife can also get a good job too. When they want to go back and visit they just fly back every once in a while. He was pissed that such a small number of people in SA pay most of the taxes and he was part of it and didnt really get anything out of it. So he bailed. Super good guy.
Taxes? isn't it the fact that you need electric fence around your home in Joburg be a more appealing reason to gtfo? and now you also need a generator so it actually works during load shedding. SA is a corrupt mess and the people living there don't give a fuck about this IJC.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Taxes? isn't it the fact that you need electric fence around your home in Joburg be a more appealing reason to gtfo? and now you also need a generator so it actually works during load shedding. SA is a corrupt mess and the people living there don't give a fuck about this IJC.
Probably that too. I forget where he lived. Might had been Johansburg. He's got such a thick accent I also cant understand what the fuck he says half the time. He talks fast which doesnt help. LOL.

Last edited:
Yeah, most of the Saffas I speak to over here have horror stories of waking up to bodies outside their house, needing to live in gated communities to feel safe, dealing with government corruption. Sounds like a shithole unfortunately as I hear there are some really nice spots (or used to be)

Smiggs

And people tried to say she wasn't an antisemite and she was just "misunderstood". She can go fuck herself.
Much like the term Nazi in years past, the words colonization and genocide literally have no meaning anymore, and they're just ridiculous buzzwords used by these ignorant (or openly antisemitic) clowns as a battle cry. At least it makes it easy to know who is arguing in bad faith from the jump.

zenspider

5BvRdHb.jpeg

Hmmmm, what does she mean by this?
I was just watching a quick lecture series by Bruce Gilley on Peter Boghossian’s YT channel about “Decolonization”.

Worth a watch — I’ve definitely been brainwashed like most of the West — but the tl;dr is this is “decolonization” is another code word that doesn’t mean what they say it means.

Especially relevant since we can say that Gaza was “decolonized” in 2005 (for argument’s sake), and here we are. We know the result.

zenspider

Much like the term Nazi in years past, the words colonization and genocide literally have no meaning anymore, and they're just ridiculous buzzwords used by these ignorant (or openly antisemitic) clowns as a battle cry. At least it makes it easy to know who is arguing in bad faith from the jump.
They’re not meaningless — they’re loaded with multiple meanings to control language and thought. But you’re right though, the second you hear the word you know your in a bad faith trap.

James Lindsay just posted a video “Linguistic Discipline” (where I cribbed this take from) and I agree. It’s a losing game even engaging with this language.

A buddy of mine was able to pin a Hamas supporter down to define the term “genocide” in their conversation…. apparently it just meantthe happiness and well-being of Gazans…” FFS.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
A buddy of mine was able to pin a Hamas supporter down to define the term “genocide” in their conversation…. apparently it just meantthe happiness and well-being of Gazans…” FFS.
Guilt ridden morons with zero integrity. Tell them to go volunteer in Gaza if they care about the people's well-being so much. I'm sure Israel wouldn't mind sending better teachers than the ones UNRWA has been supplying.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

:messenger_grimmacing_

I assume with the election coming soon they were desperate to leak to supposedly make Rishi look statesman like. Mwah.

giphy.gif

qt6PMEws

Last edited:
:messenger_grimmacing_

I assume with the election coming soon they were desperate to leak to supposedly make Rishi look statesman like. Mwah.

giphy.gif

qt6PMEws

It is amazing how much of shitshow the world is becoming. And fast. Reminds me of the soviet era where people were dreaming of the communist revolution and there were protests across the world in support of commies. USSR really did not live long enough to reap the benefits of all the current events. If Russia promotes Kadyrov more (muslim) they might gain tons of support from muslims across the world too. Just need to replace "communist revolution with "islam revolution" + support from global organizations like ICJ, UN etc.

Also with influence of USA waning, UK's attempt to regain their former importance (using media and global structures) and France's attempt to become relevant power again (together with other southern european countries)...Add to that Iran going down the drain economically, China having issues, Ukrainian war, political instability in Poland...Oof.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

It is amazing how much of shitshow the world is becoming. And fast. Reminds me of the soviet era where people were dreaming of the communist revolution and there were protests across the world in support of commies. USSR really did not live long enough to reap the benefits of all the current events. If Russia promotes Kadyrov more (muslim) they might gain tons of support from muslims across the world too. Just need to replace "communist revolution with "islam revolution" + support from global organizations like ICJ, UN etc.

Also with influence of USA waning, UK's attempt to regain their former importance (using media and global structures) and France's attempt to become relevant power again (together with other southern european countries)...Add to that Iran going down the drain economically, China having issues, Ukrainian war, political instability in Poland...Oof.

The west coalition is at it's most fractured for years...perhaps decades, therefore it's pretty much a cert China will go for Taiwan soon. If Trump comes in he wants to 'Amercia first' it could well be out of his tiny hands. 80 years without a world war is pretty impressive to be fair?

I can't believe that there are people defending and praising child soldiers :messenger_tears_of_joy: It really brings the era of "child crusades" with people cheering for that. Crazy how fast society moved back to middle ages :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They also reinstated slavery.
"They are not white so that's ok".

Personally I think we will get a lot of old practices back sooner or later. The world is going back, economic and cultural environment degrades across the world - and even political discourse on the governmental level is declines towards profanity and slogans and preaching.

zenspider

Guilt ridden morons with zero integrity. Tell them to go volunteer in Gaza if they care about the people's well-being so much. I'm sure Israel wouldn't mind sending better teachers than the ones UNRWA has been supplying.
Seems more like self-righteousness than guilt…. “guilt” is the weapon that got me buy a lot of bullshit about history and the world. I feel like the left today are always sure and always right.

winjer

Gold Member
I wonder if the collapse of the western roman empire was something like this too. Housing, economic issues, proto-left with "support the germanic tribes and huns or whatever migrants", religious clownshow, distrust of the government and so on.

The current situation is not similar to the fall of the Roman Empire.
Probably the most similar situation would be the XX century.
Just like with the start of the XX century we have identity politics dividing countries. Some people think this thing is new, but it started in the mid XIX century.
Extremist movements sprouting every where. A rise in anti-semitism.
Russia trying to expand it's empire by declaring war on it's neighbors.
Politicians in the USA advocating for isolationism.
An increase in dictatorships around the globe.
And even a major pandemic. Though ours was much smaller. The spanish flu killed more people than WW1 and WW2 combined.

Last edited:
And even a major pandemic. Though ours was much smaller. The spanish flu killed more people than WW1 and WW2 combined.
well, nothing stops a new one to appear so it's no over. And climate conditions together with anti-sanitary and weakened health will do a lot of damage. Especially with more and more migrants coming from other countries.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I was talking about a pandemic. Though the nuclear weapons will be used sooner or later, but of course it seems like the nuclear infrastructure is in a decline too thus there is no guarantee that the nuclear weapons still work :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well we got a few close ones. Regarding pandemics.
Nort only Covid. But also the H1N1 we had in 2009. We got very lucky that was just a mild variant. For reference, the Spanish flu was also an H1N1 virus.
If we had something as strong as the second variant of the spanish flu, but today, with the ease of travel and many more people around the world, we could see hundreds of million of people dead in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom