• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

StueyDuck

Taxes? isn't it the fact that you need electric fence around your home in Joburg be a more appealing reason to gtfo? and now you also need a generator so it actually works during load shedding. SA is a corrupt mess and the people living there don't give a fuck about this IJC.
Define don't give a fuck

As a South African we very much give a fuck because our retard government is trying as hard as it can to completely fuck up the country just so it can win the upcoming elections (that's all this Hague stunt is btw)

It would be foolish to think none of us care and that any of us actually agree with the dumb shit moron decisions our countries representatives makes.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Yeah, most of the Saffas I speak to over here have horror stories of waking up to bodies outside their house, needing to live in gated communities to feel safe, dealing with government corruption. Sounds like a shithole unfortunately as I hear there are some really nice spots (or used to be)
There's nothing worse than the When-We's.

South Africans who leave South Africa and complain all the time are the worst type of South African you get. I bet you they still whine about missing biltong and their brandewyn though 🤣

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Define don't give a fuck

As a South African we very much give a fuck because our retard government is trying as hard as it can to completely fuck up the country just so it can win the upcoming elections (that's all this Hague stunt is btw)

It would be foolish to think none of us care and that any of us actually agree with the dumb shit moron decisions our countries representatives makes.
But you don't give a fuck about the IJC stunt like you said, it's a way for them to create a false flag.

StueyDuck

But you don't give a fuck about the IJC stunt like you said, it's a way for them to create a false flag.
Well we do care because it doesn't represent the majority of what the country thinks. (Hence the rest of the world thinking we don't care)

We also care because this is going to fuck up an already in trouble economy. Jobs are going to be lost, people are going to become homeless etc.

Trust me... people care. The media just doesn't want to show you that side.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Well we do care because it doesn't represent the majority of what the country thinks. (Hence the rest of the world thinking we don't care)

We also care because this is going to fuck up an already in trouble economy. Jobs are going to be lost, people are going to become homeless etc.

Trust me... people care. The media just doesn't want to show you that side.
Maybe we're misinterpreting each other. I mean you would rather your government focus on internal affairs than support Hamas.

I know not all SA support this, I'm sure most don't. I hope it'll get better for you as well.

StueyDuck

Maybe we're misinterpreting each other. I mean you would rather your government focus on internal affairs than support Hamas.

I know not all SA support this, I'm sure most don't. I hope it'll get better for you as well.
Nah we're fucked... after this stunt we are proper fucked.

But yeah 99.99% of the people want them to shut up and do their jobs... I mean they abstain from voting against Russia with the Ukraine war, bladdy hypocrits.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hamas will also announce the fate of these hostages, the girl is the one from the video where she's screaming for her bf and her mom has stage 4 cancer.

That video alone is stupid enough to show what Hamas does. Publicly showcasing hostages. Absurd.

When was the last time a western country battling an enemy showed the world their prisoners with a "come back tomorrow to see what happens next"

As I've said many times in various threads over the years.... never trust low brow people. My dad would say the same thing to us at the dinner table. Avoid losers. And it looks like every country surrounding Gaza does the same.

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Let's see more of this.

"The organization sees world history as an eternal conflict between Islam and non-believers, with the state system considered a historical assault on Islam. The group views Jihad as an essential aspect of its vision and considers it an imperative duty aimed at combating disbelief until all submit to Islamic rule, making no distinction between the violent and spiritual dimensions of Jihad. As an initial step, HT directs attention to the 'near enemy', advocating the removal of rulers "pretending to be Muslims", a step they consider a prerequisite for the global spread of Islam."

Yeah, they can rot in hell.

Ironic, because I feel Harvard is a considerably more toxic environment. X is a stupid name, but it's not a "scary" name. Refusing to do ANYTHING about your students calling for genocide is scary. Imagine just having gone through something like this, and thinking you should be lecturing the world on what is overly toxic.

Last edited:

Embearded

Hamas will also announce the fate of these hostages, the girl is the one from the video where she's screaming for her bf and her mom has stage 4 cancer.

Who would believe that a hostage situation would be handled like a drama series teaser trailer.
First thing came to mind when i read the post is "magic realism". A realistic setting invaded by something too strange to believe.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

Ironic, because I feel Harvard is a considerably more toxic environment. X is a stupid name, but it's not a "scary" name. Refusing to do ANYTHING about your students calling for genocide is scary. Imagine just having gone through something like this, and thinking you should be lecturing the world on what is overly toxic.

The WEF and their ideals are more scary than anything Xitter produces.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

I could tell she's an academic. Googling her wiki, she worked as a geologist for a handful of year then went straight to research and academics. You could often tell by the way someone talks if they have a career in academics/teaching or worked in private sector. Profs and academics sometimes have zero real world experience thinking books and surveys are real life. And they some reason have that weird high brow snarly way of talking thinking they know everything.

One of the best profs I had was in MBA class. It was for a marketing course and his classes were in the evening as he had an office day job. For one part of class he detoured from the content and just showed us how to make effective Powerpoint slides that are to the point. Make them look good, you got your key header and bullet points, dont cram too much shit in them etc... Another prof brought his Coke experience (RIP he actually died a month or two ago) and he brought in a real data sheet that showed what kind of sales effect products have if you place them in different spots on a shelf (Top, middle, bottom, corner etc...). And he said use this and build it into your case studies if you want. He even joked that out of all the stuff you learn in this course, this data sheet of POS effect will be more valuable than the rest of what he taught. lol. And it was a cool sheet because in every business class I took I never saw that kind of data in any textbook. Even if it's holistic trending. Nada. And this prof brings in his Coke data.

The worst classes I had were the ones who just regurgitated the textbook.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Brianna Wu, of all people, is actually making some sense.

And thats what happens when cities let people go ape shit. It gets harder to control. Said it a million times. And when it's uncontrolled the crazies get more bold. Thats why never give losers a long leash.

At the beginning of protests it was small then large mobs in their own gathering. Now it's got to messing with cancer hospitals. Last week, the Toronto mayor post I pasted cant even announce the annual ice skating across the street from city hall without anti-Semites interrupting. Even when the mayor yelled back she supported them two weeks ago it made no difference.

You give loud angry people a long leash and expect to get bitten. Best way to shut them up is muzzle them. There's a difference between venting free speech and being an asshole.

winjer

Gold Member
Iran seems to be trying to escalate this whole situation, into a full on war, envolving the whole region.
Yesterday they bombed an Israeli base in Erbil, Iraq. Right next to the US consulate.
Now they are deploying their army into Yemen to support the Houthis.
And they are also hitting targets inside Pakistan.

tommib

Iran seems to be trying to escalate this whole situation, into a full on war, envolving the whole region.
Yesterday they bombed an Israeli base in Erbil, Iraq. Right next to the US consulate.
Who are they hitting in Pakistan and why?

winjer

Gold Member
Who are they hitting in Pakistan and why?

Iran said they were targeting a Sunny militant group called Jaish al-Dhulm. In the Koh-e-Sabz area of Pakistan’s southwest Balochistan province.
And of course, Pakistan is not happy. In part because it's a violation of their territory and because it killed 2 children.

tommib

Iran said they were targeting a Sunny militant group called Jaish al-Dhulm. In the Koh-e-Sabz area of Pakistan’s southwest Balochistan province.
And of course, Pakistan is not happy. In part because it's a violation of their territory and because it killed 2 children.
Got it. It’s a Shia-Sunni conflict. The Middle East is such a shit show.

winjer

Gold Member
Got it. It’s a Shia-Sunni conflict. The Middle East is such a shit show.

And the curious thing is that there is no outrage about the murder of 2 children on social media. No mass protests. No major news coverage. No UN condemnation.
Because it's muslims killing muslims, everyone acts like it's just another Tuesday. Those children matter so little, because they weren't killed by Israel, the USA, the UK or other western countries.
It's a level of hypocrisy and lack of morals, that is very impressive to watch.

tommib

And the curious thing is that there is no outrage about the murder of 2 children on social media. No mass protests. No major news coverage. No UN condemnation.
Because it's muslims killing muslims, everyone acts like it's just another Tuesday. Those children matter so little, because they weren't killed by Israel, the USA, the UK or other western countries.
It's a level of hypocrisy and lack of morals, that is very impressive to watch.
At this point Iran is probably a lighthouse of moral values for the pro-palestians in the streets. We’ve lost the plot.

At least we finally know what we’re dealing with.

winjer

Gold Member
At this point Iran is probably a lighthouse of moral values for the pro-palestians in the streets. We’ve lost the plot.

At least we finally know what we’re dealing with.

Iran has clearly showed their hand. Especially by sending armed support for the Houthis. This is no longer just a proxy war.
And it has a strong potential to escalate into a full war in the region, as it directly involves Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Pakistan and the western countries trying to secure the straits.

Internally, Iran is in a difficult situation, because Ali Khamenei is already 84 years old and is trying to find a successor. Meanwhile a lot of people in Iran want political change.
Externally, several of Iran's proxies have been hit hard. So Iran risks losing their proxies, if they don't act.
But all this war mongering from Iran, has the potential to backfire, internally and externally.
With a bit of luck, we could be seeing the end of the Islamic Republican Party control of Iran. And that would be very good for the whole region.

It makes sense because Iran is in the same situation as Russia. Both either need internal terror or external aggression. It is the same with Venezuela and China might be reach this point soon too.

With a bit of luck, we could be seeing the end of the Islamic Republican Party control of Iran. And that would be very good for the whole region.
It will take years at least. And even then no guarantees. It is like with Palestine - when you are not used to good life, your quality of life will drop but you still be fine and support the government or not even rebel against it.

Iran has clearly showed their hand. Especially by sending armed support for the Houthis. This is no longer just a proxy war.
Iran will benefit greatly from the fact that the western protesters supports Palestine and anti-Israel and thus by extension they consider Iran as a good guy. Even in Yemen - USA, UK etc. are to blame but not Iran or anybody else.

In general countries like Russia, Iran, Yemen etc. can last long enough to a point where the western world will lose interest in these conflicts. Situation with Pakistan will add an additional layer of complexity as it indirectly involves India too....And that's with all that potential mess in the South America.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

No surprise really. Any people who in modern day chop peoples heads off are the most unintelligent people on earth.

This is the kind of stuff that happened longtime as corporal punishment by guillitine. And even those countries moved on to less barbaric stuff.

It takes a certain kind of mindset to lop of a person’s head. I don’t think even the most hardnosed drug lords would even bother doing this for sake of killing and humiliating a victim.

tommib

No surprise really. Any people who in modern day chop peoples heads off are the most unintelligent people on earth.

This is the kind of stuff that happened longtime as corporal punishment by guillitine. And even those countries moved on to less barbaric stuff.

It takes a certain kind of mindset to lop of a person’s head. I don’t think even the most hardnosed drug lords would even bother doing this for sake of killing and humiliating a victim.
You should read the news about Columbia, Ecuador, fuck, even Brazil. Beheadings are all the rage again with drug lords.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Yes. It’s called religious belief:

When the Lord inspired the angels (saying) I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. (8:12)[5]
Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom 'til the war lay down its burdens. (47:4)[6]

These two passages are used as excuses to chop people’s heads off.

CSJ

You know I wanted to write in the RE thread about it and as level headed as it was, I decided no I'm not going to reserve myself just to avoid a ban there.
Iran needs to be checked, their are funding/supporting so much BS around the world and from the wests point of view, Ukraine/Yemen/Israel situation as that's the big 3 in the news.
That goes without saying it's just the tip of the spear.

I don't think the West will get involved as much as they would have 2 decades ago, I'm sure Iran is going to piss a neighbour off enough for a major escalation.
Nobody can stop regime's like Iran with sanctions and words, or praying and hoping for a turn in belief.

I'm tired of recent atrocities always being excused by "but, x did y in z", or that countries like Iran and Yemen etc can be like "hmmm we've been doing this for ages but let's use Palestine as an excuse now" and people eat it up like fucking coke laced doughnuts.
That just gives everyone an excuse for anything and just creating a loop of hatred.

winjer

Gold Member
And now Pakistan attacked targets in Iran. The Balochistan Independence Group.
Killing 9 people. Among them 3 women and four children.
And of course Iran is not happy with this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yes. It’s called religious belief:

These two passages are used as excuses to chop people’s heads off.
Crazy shit.

Even sillier is that modern day people would follow that kind of scripture which was written 1,000s of years ago by people in the world who probably lived to 30, dirty, dumb and they probably wiped their asses with pinecones. The same type of people where their doctors would prescribe putting in bird shit into a cavity to cure a toothache.

A lot of people today wouldn't even listen to advice written in the 1900s, yet religious stuff passed down through a gazillion years is not only wacky but often taboo to debunk as dangerous for people who cant control themselves. And somehow that information is listened to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom