• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romulus

Do any history buffs know who occupied the land before the Palestinians? In other words what was "muh holy land" excuse for murdering people over the land before? And before that?
Pretty much every slice of land has a long history of humans lying about why they are entitled to it. Then you go back a few hundred years and that same slice of land some other group is telling a different lie about why they were the true originators and justifying their reasons for violence and occuption lmao. The cycle just repeats before recorded history.
All these fuckers are full of shit. Do you have guns and ammo to protect your shit? That's the real question. The Palestines are full of shit claiming entitlement to anything, as are the Israelis, but don't play victim

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Do any history buffs know who occupied the land before the Palestinians? In other words what was "muh holy land" excuse for murdering people over the land before? And before that?
Pretty much every slice of land has a long history of humans lying about why they are entitled to it. Then you go back a few hundred years and that same slice of land some other group is telling a different lie about why they were the true originators and justifying their reasons for violence and occuption lmao. The cycle just repeats before recorded history.
All these fuckers are full of shit. Do you have guns and ammo to protect your shit? That's the real question. The Palestines are full of shit claiming entitlement to anything, as are the Israelis, but don't play victim

We're all colonizers of the dinosaurs vast land.

Liljagare

As we continue to account for the horrors of the appalling terrorist assault against Israel this weekend and the hundreds of innocent civilians who were murdered, we are seeing the immense scale and reach of this tragedy. Sadly, we now know that at least 11 American citizens were among those killed—many of whom made a second home in Israel.

It’s heart wrenching. These families have been torn apart by inexcusable hatred and violence. We also know that American citizens still remain unaccounted for, and we are working with Israeli officials to obtain more information as to their whereabouts. My heart goes out to every family impacted by the horrible events of the past few days. The pain these families have endured, the enormity of their loss, and the agony of those still awaiting information is unfathomable.

The safety of American citizens—whether at home or abroad—is my top priority as President. While we are still working to confirm, we believe it is likely that American citizens may be among those being held by Hamas. I have directed my team to work with their Israeli counterparts on every aspect of the hostage crisis, including sharing intelligence and deploying experts from across the United States government to consult with and advise Israeli counterparts on hostage recovery efforts.

For American citizens who are currently in Israel, the State Department is providing consular assistance as well as updated security alerts. For those who desire to leave, commercial flights and ground options are still available. Please also take sensible precautions in the days ahead and follow the guidance of local authorities.

This is not some distant tragedy. The ties between Israel and the United States run deep. It is personal for so many American families who are feeling the pain of this attack as well as the scars inflicted through millennia of antisemitism and persecution of Jewish people. In cities across the country, police departments have stepped up security around centers of Jewish life, and the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other federal law enforcement partners are closely monitoring for any domestic threats in connection with the horrific terrorist attacks in Israel.

In this moment of heartbreak, the American people stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Israelis. We remember the pain of being attacked by terrorists at home, and Americans across the country stand united against these evil acts that have once more claimed innocent American lives. It is an outrage. And we will continue to show the world that the American people are unwavering in our resolve to oppose terrorism in all forms.

The United States and the State of Israel are inseparable partners, and I affirmed to Prime Minister Netanyahu again when we spoke yesterday that the United States will continue to make sure Israel has what it needs to defend itself and its people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brucey

Yes, about himself:

"THE HORRIBLE ATTACK ON ISRAEL, MUCH LIKE THE ATTACK ON UKRAINE, WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF I WERE PRESIDENT - ZERO CHANCE!"
He did do some solid work with the Abraham accords which normalised relations between Israel and a bunch of former enemies. But I don't think Hamas based anything on senile Joe's possible reaction, unlike Putin with Ukraine. In the latter, he saw that Obama/Biden did nothing when he annexed Crimea, so he was certainly emboldened to try to take all of Ukraine when Joe was in office and seen to be visibly weak and confused.

Eotheod

No
Looks like a Sydney police uniform.
Sorry for old reply, but not sure if anyone responded to you and was stuck on my last reply page.

That isn't a Sydney police uniform, police don't wear badges on their armbands but insignias or ranks.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
No

Sorry for old reply, but not sure if anyone responded to you and was stuck on my last reply page.

That isn't a Sydney police uniform, police don't wear badges on their armbands but insignias or ranks.
My mistake then, looked like what came up in a Google search for Sydney police.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The WSJ story that Iran helped plot this attack is getting more scrutiny.

z7bPqoY.jpg

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Protip: You can condemn both hamas murdering innocents Israelis, and the israel govt bombing innocent Palestinians.

Any logical person should be condemning both.
In the same way you can condemn terrorists for 9/11 and also condemn the US for their bullshit "war on terror"

The world has got to STOP justifying the death of innocent people. It's horrific and wrong no matter how justified anyone thinks it is.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
From a Resetera thread when the first reports of Israeli civilians getting kidnapped, mowed down in the streets, their throats cut, etc. were coming out:

e5H118f.png

Yet again, the Era mods show themselves to be some of the most witless fools imaginable. I wish I could say they're just part of a tiny minority, but sadly, there have even been cases over the last few days of people loudly cheering for these despicable scum. What a wretched group of demented fucks.

Romulus

From a Resetera thread when the first reports of Israeli civilians getting kidnapped, mowed down in the streets, their throats cut, etc. were coming out:

e5H118f.png

Yet again, the Era mods show themselves to be some of the most witless fools imaginable. I wish I could say they're just part of a tiny minority, but sadly, there have even been cases over the last few days of people loudly cheering for these despicable scum. What a wretched group of demented fucks.

Unfucking believable. Wait until the videos come out showing Hamas raping and torturing people, then resetera will say it's CGI.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

e5H118f.png

I am not sure why people go there still to this day then come here to complain about that place then go back to said place

Stay away from that place or don't complain here about why they are stupid there

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Ben Shapiro collected an hour of clips from various atrocities committed by Hamas this weekend. Beheadings, murders, rapes, mutilating corpses, etc. Most of the footage proudly released by Hamas themselves, of course. Be forewarned about the graphic and uncensored nature of the content.

The Face of Absolute Evil​

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Ben Shapiro collected an hour of clips from various atrocities committed by Hamas this weekend. Beheadings, murders, rapes, mutilating corpses, etc. Most of the footage proudly released by Hamas themselves, of course. Be forewarned about the graphic and uncensored nature of the content.

It's good that these videos come out. Our media try to shelter their viewers by hiding all the gruesome bits, by talking about the most horrible murders in a clinical, dispassioned way, but somehow that makes acts of terrorism slightly unreal. When you see actual mutilated dead bodies lying in pools of blood on the floor, a terrrorist act is not an abstraction anymore. Even the most radical pro-Palestinian lefties will have to confront the fact that Palestinian freedom fighters are just ISIS with a different name. The people that killed 250+ party goers and hunted down and massacred families in their homes aren't heroes, they're human monsters of the worst kind.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
In a normal scenario, when a country says they are going to bomb the crap out of your residence, you leave the area. Head out to the countryside or perhaps another country etc. But the Palestinians in the Gaza strip can't do that. Because Israel controls the border crossings and won't let people out.

Normally in an Israel/Gaza strip tit for tat attack in the past, for 10 Israeli dead you may end up with a 100 or more Palestinian deaths. If the same stats hold out this time, there may be over 7000 dead Palestinians (yes some will be terrorists but majority women and children) before Israel declares "victory".

"The IDF on Sunday said it is now focusing on taking control of the Gaza Strip, and urged civilians there to leave residential areas near the border immediately for their safety as Israeli military operations continued to target Hamas.

But most Gazans have no way of fleeing the besieged enclave. All crossings out of the territory are shut, with the exception of the tightly controlled Rafah crossing with Egypt."

Okay so chances of Israel bombing buildings they figure Hamas is hiding in vs Chances of Israel bombing their own border control points? I know which I would try to stay closer to if I couldn’t leave entirely. Or they could use whatever path the 4000 Hamas guys left and came back through.

As I said, I wonder how these things are actually perceived and how they are responded to by people there.

Last edited:

Pejo

I've been reading this thread and watching the accompanying videos and reading the informative links. Didn't really want to chime in previously because I was mostly ignorant of the relationship between these two nations and everything else that was going on. After a few days worth of reading up on things and getting a general feel, I have come to a few conclusions for myself.

• Hamas are a bunch of cowardly despicable people. Complete delusion to think that "god" wants them to rape and murder civilians and parade it around as if they did something good.
  • The media lately has been giving me the same feelings as during the lockdown riots. "Mostly peaceful protester" vibes all over the place with stuff like calling them "unnamed terrorist group" and "freedom fighters". For the uninformed or those that only read headlines/hot takes on twitter, I can sadly see this tactic being very effective.
  • The various celebrations around the world and the absolute lunatic fringe left (like them) show that the assimilation of refugees and immigrants has essentially not happened. It feels more like sleeper cells being deposited in western nation than the people actually trying to integrate. This actually causes me a fair bit of concern since patriotism has been demonized in the west and everybody disassociates themselves with the country they live in anymore.
  • The whole idea of the Gaza strip seems absolutely stupid to me. To have one tiny line of land in such hotly contested area in such a weird situation. I get that Palestine doesn't want to give it up, but it seems better for everyone involved if they just give up that part of the land in exchange for the same amount of acreage on the opposite side connected to their country. They obviously don't want this, but the physical location of that land is causing so much shit for the people living there as well as Israel. Is that beachfront really worth being peppered with missiles every time something stirs the pot? Then again, if it is 'holy land', people have proven to do stupid shit time and time again.
Anyways, I hope none of that was offensive, it's just where I'm at generally with this situation. I would wish for peace between the two nations but they haven't had it before and likely won't have it after this whole thing calms down.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Who gives a fuck what that subhuman sack of shit has to say about anything.
He can say some mean things but while he was in office inflation was in check, gas prices were low, was trying to secure our borders and our grocery bill for just my wife and I wasn't $200 a week

But yeah he sent some mean Tweets

This shit is a powder keg here just looking for a match

Eotheod

The Face of Absolute Evil​

I fucking hate the dude, he's a piece of shit from my own personal opinion, but have to give him credit here for going through and cataloguing the atrocities.
He can say some mean things but while he was in office inflation was in check, gas prices were low, was trying to secure our borders and our grocery bill for just my wife and I wasn't $200 a week

But yeah he sent some mean Tweets

This shit is a powder keg here just looking for a match
You know for a fact surely that everything you listed would have happened no matter who was in control. Just easier to blame someone when it isn't your person of preference in power, which is a normal and perfectly valid response to political landscapes. Just don't believe that where we are right now in the world "wouldn't have happened" if X or Y was in power.

Last edited:

MrA

1000 people in a country the size of isreal is almost surreal, at that .1% of the population died and with more than that injured , everyone in Isreal will have either lost someone or knows someone that did

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I would assume this falls directly under the First Amendment and Stanford (or any other place) could find themselves in a world of hurt forcing removal of these signs because any Court would likely deem them not directly threatening to an individual (no matter how disgusting it is)

Maybe I am misremembering my Government classes

You know for a fact surely that everything you listed would have happened no matter who was in control. Just easier to blame someone when it isn't your person of preference in power, which is a normal and perfectly valid response to political landscapes. Just don't believe that where we are right now in the world "wouldn't have happened" if X or Y was in power.
Sorry I don't know for a fact any of that would have happened no matter what, maybe it would have

Last edited:

kruis

1000 people in a country the size of Israel is almost surreal, at that .1% of the population died and with more than that injured , everyone in Isreal will have either lost someone or knows someone that did

Israel has a population of 9.3 million people. So roughly 0.01% of the Israeli population was murdered during these attacks.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

"Agree with @nickKristof, and am ashamed to be at the same university as the endorsers of this fatuous and morally monstrous statement. Deliberately murdering civilians, and abducting women, children, and the elderly, are heinous war crimes. And this regime is avowedly racist, misogynistic, homophobic, war-mongering, & contemptuous of factual history (see their charter). Confirms that much of activist morality today is driven not by harm, welfare, & responsibility but sectarian solidarity with designated victim groups & hatred for designated villains."

Last edited:

DrFigs

I would assume this falls directly under the First Amendment and Stanford (or any other place) could find themselves in a world of hurt forcing removal of these signs because any Court would likely deem them not directly threatening to an individual (no matter how disgusting it is)

Maybe I am misremembering my Government classes

Sorry I don't know for a fact any of that would have happened no matter what, maybe it would have
Right. it's protected by the first ammendment. I also think he's probably exaggerating about nearly being expelled. I never got a booster and my university kept sending me emails about it, saying that i can't continue w/ the grad program if i don't get it. I just ignored it. Never for one second did I think I would actually get expelled... I doubt Stanford is more liberal than my university.

DeaDPo0L84

ADL finally growing balls

People trying to both sides this are about as smooth brain as you can get. Reporting the death toll lumped together on both sides to complicate the entire situation when in reality only one side is justified. If someone breaks into your home, kidnaps your children, rapes and then murders your wife, you then retaliate by finding them and killing them in return it can't be reported as "Two people dead as situation gets out of hand", it's insanity.

Brigandier

My family has always thought I was a little on the odd side for building a hardened bunker beneath our garage when we added on but I would much rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Have enough supplies for about a year plus a small arsenal down there and actually spent a few nights in there when a nearby city was full on rioting a few years ago

This world is crazy

That's awesome... Do you have power generator and stuff??? What have you done for damp? Honestly I think you've made a good choice building it as I think the time when people will need them is coming and you're prepared!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom