• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Hamas isn't a religious institution.... They aren't fighting for the people... They HURT their people...

As for someone earlier posting that "majority of Palestinians support Hamas" ... The Palestinians are undereducated unless they were able to get their education from elsewhere and get skewed news and propaganda... Even though many don't want Hamas there... It's been said again and again ... Even eyewitness account of someone who lived there for a bit, interviewing Palestinians under anonymity.

I feel it's just folks convincing themselves that they're all just like Hamas.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think this whole thing is a gong show. Both groups believe they have a monopoly on 'victimization'. The irony of Isreal being attacked and then condemning Western countries for allowing vigils and protests that support Palestinians is especially delicious. Jewish lobbyists and NGOs pushed for open borders in the West, to what end I will never know but now they are reaping what they have sown.
Israel doesn't play the victim. We never played the victim. We are just showing the world that we live next to Orcs. So when it's time to eliminate evil, we will have the backing.

And of course, it's the Jews fault for everything. Don't look up, a Jewish laser could find you.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

If Lebanon and Iran joins the game, it will be WWIII. For real.

Bored Come On GIF

Entire GDP of Iran and Lebanon combined: 476 billion.

Annual US military budget: 877 billion.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I feel like Israel might be politically tied up at some point and won't be able to root out Hamas like they should... Like somehow the international community will hamper them somehow ...

Hamas needs to be taken out YESTERDAY and give the Palestinians ACTUAL government... Not a dictatorship run by the very few and wealthy.

winjer

Gold Member
Did we learn nothing about asymmetry in Iraq and Afghanistan? Iran would make those look like cakewalks

The problem with Iraq and Afghanistan was not the part of destroying their military. It was the part of the occupation and rebuilding.
The only way to do it now, it to blow up the Iranian regime and it's military, and then move out.

LordOfChaos

The problem with Iraq and Afghanistan was not the part of destroying their military. It was the part of the occupation and rebuilding.
The only way to do it now, it to blow up the Iranian regime and it's military, and then move out.
That's proven to be such a good idea everywhere else and totally didn't create more extreme terrorist regimes to fill in the void

winjer

Gold Member
That's proven to be such a good idea everywhere else and totally didn't create more extreme terrorist regimes to fill in the void

And doing nothing in regards to the current Iranian regime has done any good?
We have them helping Russia invading Ukraine. Sponsoring terrorist attacks in half the Middle East. Creating a nuclear weapons program. And sponsoring the biggest attack on Israel in half a century.

Kataploom

Gold Member
So, let me summarize this since I've not been an active follower of this conflict and need to know I'm understanding well: Hamas attacked Israel and are hiding in Palestina so Israel doesn't dare to retaliate, then Israel tired of that shit went and attacked them anyway in Palestina, involving civilians and the press is all about "Israel attacking civilians"?

If that's the case, it's a shit situation, they're counting on "bad press" involving innocent people in order to do damage control, what else is Israel in that situation supposed to do? This is literally a "lose-lose" so Israel might choose between "bad press now and get rid of them" or "less bad press and keep risking their state security", am I seeing this right?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If I was Israel, I'd keep up responding hard. Trying to play the nice guy with negligible strike backs will do nothing. It'll just be seen as weak and brushed off. It's not like the rest of the UN or USA are barnstorming in helping with foot soldiers.

It's basically you vs someone else toe to toe with other people watching. If someone attacks you first punching you in the head, you dont hit back with a gentle tap or an equal punch. You stomp on his head to end it. Now if the aggressor who started it keeps getting up for more, then you just stomp on his head again.

Hamas and any supporters expecting Israel to do nothing while getting raided with hostages taken, good luck. Your best hope is Israel calms down and loses interest after their initial strike. And hope allies dont join in.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

And doing nothing in regards to the current Iranian regime has done any good?
We have them helping Russia invading Ukraine. Sponsoring terrorist attacks in half the Middle East. Creating a nuclear weapons program. And sponsoring the biggest attack on Israel in half a century.
Is there any space between doing nothing and creating another ISIS, Taliban, Hamas, or something worse by knocking out the government and military (again) and peacing out?

I don't know the solutions, but that doesn't mean go with the terrible fucking idea

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Is there any space between doing nothing and creating another ISIS, Taliban, Hamas, or something worse by knocking out the government and military (again) and peacing out?

I don't know the solutions, but that doesn't mean go with the terrible fucking idea

Diplomacy and negotiations with Iran failed for over 4 decades.
Do you know why? Because the Iranian regime does not compromise in their hatred for the west and Israel.
So tell me what do you think we should do with it? Accept more terrorist attacks? This attack on Israel is not the exception. It's just the biggest that Iran ever sponsored.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Terror needs to be shown forcefully that all the West goes against it. Now's the time.

LordOfChaos

Diplomacy and negotiations with Iran failed for over 4 decades.
Do you know why? Because the Iranian regime does not compromise in their hatred for the west and Israel.
So tell me what do you think we should do with it? Accept more terrorist attacks? This attack on Israel is not the exception. It's just the biggest that Iran ever sponsored.

You're not addressing my point at all. Say we topple the government and military and leave as you say, and then an even worse regime forms in the power vacuum as we've seen everywhere else we did this, more suicidal, more extreme. How did that help not "accepting more terrorist attacks"?

winjer

Gold Member
You're not addressing my point at all. Say we topple the government and military and leave as you say, and then an even worse regime forms in the power vacuum as we've seen everywhere else we did this, more suicidal, more extreme. How did that help not "accepting more terrorist attacks"?

Let the Iranian people choose their destiny.
Maybe this time, they will be able to pick a regime that is not a terrorist state.

I am guessing the babies were oppressive colonists. That's what I am being told. I think we should bring them true colonialism and give them the crusade they seem to be begging for.

LordCBH

If that is the case, then let them rule over rubble and broken bones until they need to be culled from the world like the current regime needs to be.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

When People Tell You Who They Are, Believe Them​

This is what ‘decolonization’ really looks like. Look carefully at who is cheering it on.

By Bari Weiss
October 10, 2023

At the end of the Second World War, it took the Allies months, if not years, to uncover the full scale of Germany’s war crimes. That’s because the Nazis tried to hide them.

In October 2023, Hamas broadcast what they did—what they are doing—in real time.

They took horrific videos to document and share it all. Videos of naked women; of a captured six-year-old-boy; of beheaded soldiers.

This young woman—her name is Mor—learned that her grandmother had been slaughtered because a terrorist took her grandmother’s cell phone, filmed her murder, and then uploaded the video to the grandmother’s own Facebook page, ensuring her family would see it.

Now they are threatening to execute the hostages they have captured on live television.

It’s as if the Cossacks had TikTok.

On the one hand I think: surely this will be sufficient. Surely this amount of blood will be enough to shake the world awake. Surely no one can equivocate or justify this. As my friend Sarah Haider wrote, “How easy is it to simply condemn targeted violence against civilians? Can there be a lower bar?”

And yet, across the world, people have sunk below it.

Here you can watch people gathered at the Sydney Opera House cheering “gas the Jews” and “death to the Jews.” People are rejoicing in the slaughter on the streets of Berlin and London and Toronto and New York.

At our most prestigious universities there is silence from administrations that leapt to speak out on George Floyd’s killing and on the war in Ukraine. (Indeed, Meantime, the social justice crowd offers explanations for the massacre—a massacre that, in part, targeted a group of progressive Israelis at a music festival. Terrorists came to that festival on paragliders carrying machine guns to start their slaughter. They raped women there next to the dead bodies of their friends.

In that way, as Free Press editor and writer Peter Savodnik explains in our second piece in today’s digest, the last few days have been extremely clarifying.

Because now we know.

Now we know who would have looked at Jews shoved onto cattle cars and said, “Well, they did undermine the German economy.” Those are the people today saying: “This is a justified response to the provocation of Israel existing.” Now we know whose politics are rooted not in conservatism or liberalism or anything else other than simply hating Jews. Now we can see exactly how people manage to always come up with a reason for why the Jews deserved it.

The people cheering and waving flags are not celebrating Palestinian liberation. The Hamas attack that began on October 7 won’t lead to a free Palestine. Instead, it will lead—it is already leading—to a horrific escalation, with many more dead on both sides. The people cheering are celebrating death. I’m struck that American intellectuals are reprinting the picture of the paraglider as an image of liberation, like a hip new logo, that visual of death.

Hamas broadcast the slaughter. I thought it would be enough.
This should be pinned to the thread. Very proud that GAF has taken a stand against the abominations committed.

Historically there were three solutions to these problems - it was either a genocide of the whole population, relocation (sending people away to other lands) or basically paying some other tribes to handle the matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom