• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Lawrence Summers was forced to resign as Harvard President because he pointed out that oppression might not account for all of the differences between men and women in science and engineering, and that part of it might be because there are fewer very high IQ women than men.

He didn't create the current culture in academia and he's been outspoken against it for a long time.

Toots

Gold Member
What’s happening here is a full scale invasion of a sovereign country. The only thing that make it hard to say that is the poor means of the invading army. the fact that palestinian people are oppressed for a multitude of reasons, a lot their own choice, has nothing to do with it. Nothing in the history of the israel-palestine conflict justify the barbaric acts committed during this invasion doomed to fail, which makes one wonder what the goal was apart from destroying everything and everyone.

LordOfChaos

Confirmed now by the US President.BIDEN: "I never really thought that I would see...have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children"

I looked up some sourcing just in case of deepfake, yeah that's being picked up now and was the true statement

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Fucking clown show to the utmost degree. Future "top" lawyers didn't read the thing they were signing before doing so?

Boy oh boy, I sure would want them to be my lawyer.

I believe Summers is stating that many folks within those student groups were never given the choice to sign, or were given falsified information based on a lacking premise, choosing to trust their colleagues and peers.

Essentially asking to not vilify everyone in a group, only those pushing the regressive/hateful message.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Lawrence Summers was forced to resign as Harvard President because he pointed out that oppression might not account for all of the differences between men and women in science and engineering, and that part of it might be because there are fewer very high IQ women than men.

He didn't create the current culture in academia and he's been outspoken against it for a long time.
Thanks for the context !
I did not know the man, and i was harsh without even reading his full tweet :/ (Im so goddam mad in becoming dumb 😅) i work in academia and i cannot stand the posturing researchers virtue signaling to the left like crazies, often taking unbelievably edgy stances on political subjects, pontificating when they are loaded with privileges, a cushy job and a bourgeois lifestyle.

Pejo

I believe Summers is stating that many folks within those student groups were never given the choice to sign, or were given falsified information based on a lacking premise, choosing to trust their colleagues and peers.

Essentially asking to not vilify everyone in a group, only those pushing the regressive/hateful message.
That may be true, but when it's such a hot button divisive issue, I sure wouldn't just say "oh yea do whatever" and slap my name on something without knowing.... something... about it. I wouldn't even trust my best friends with putting a public statement with my name associated out there - about this subject - without reading it first. Hindsight is 20/20, sure, but this isn't just tweeting about liking the new McDonalds limited sandwich or something like that.

I'll give a benefit of the doubt to anyone in those groups that publicly spoke up in disagreement, however.

I don't think it can be stressed enough that these aren't just random people either, these are supposedly elite students going to an elite school, that run in very influential circles. There's a little extra pressure in that case.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thanks for the context !
I did not know the man, and i was harsh without even reading his full tweet :/ (Im so goddam mad in becoming dumb 😅) i work in academia and i cannot stand the posturing researchers virtue signaling to the left like crazies, often taking unbelievably edgy stances on political subjects, pontificating when they are loaded with privileges, a cushy job and a bourgeois lifestyle.
No worries Toots.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
That may be true, but when it's such a hot button divisive issue, I sure wouldn't just say "oh yea do whatever" and slap my name on something without knowing.... something... about it. I wouldn't even trust my best friends with putting a public statement with my name associated out there - about this subject - without reading it first. Hindsight is 20/20, sure, but this isn't just tweeting about liking the new McDonalds limited sandwich or something like that.

I'll give a benefit of the doubt to anyone in those groups that publicly spoke up in disagreement, however.

I don't think it can be stressed enough that these aren't just random people either, these are supposedly elite students going to an elite school, that run in very influential circles. There's a little extra pressure in that case.

You would think, but reality is that they are just like any other college student. They just either were incredibly lucky, well off, or well connected. Doesn't necessarily mean they are more intelligent. Also these groups tend to be very insular, you become close friends with them (assuming they are like the student groups I was a part of back in my years as a student). You trust them and will sign things they ask you to.

But again, there are things we don't know. Could the thing they signed be something completely different and the club president used their signature on something they didn't agree on? Could it be that they were lied to, but couldn't check themselves due to pressing deadlines, exams, finals, or other related stresses?

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but not those who knowingly signed and promoted these actions.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
You would think, but reality is that they are just like any other college student. They just either were incredibly lucky, well off, or well connected. Doesn't necessarily mean they are more intelligent. Also these groups tend to be very insular, you become close friends with them (assuming they are like the student groups I was a part of back in my years as a student). You trust them and will sign things they ask you to.

But again, there are things we don't know. Could the thing they signed be something completely different and the club president used their signature on something they didn't agree on? Could it be that they were lied to, but couldn't check themselves due to pressing deadlines, exams, finals, or other related stresses?

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, but not those who knowingly signed and promoted these actions.
Pretty much this. Frequently it is just the executive officers signing something in these organizations and there is a lot of cross-pollination between organizations on a campus. It isn't unusual to find the top officers being the top officers in like 4-5 groups so you can easily have a handful of students looking like they are some significant percent of a student community. Students need to be very careful that they understand and trust organizations they join (they typically are not).

Batiman

Banned
Agree , the problem is that nobody wants them even other countries with same religion or beleafs..they are being used like a piñata by everyone.

They need to be relocated on a place of land far from Israel so this long madness ends...if the world was able to relocate millions of jews after WW2 why not 2.1 millions from Gaza to other place.

There is not other solution, move all those people , declare Gaza as an non habitable zone...natural reserve...or something similar and problem solved , no more Hamas invading Israel from that zone.

Unless somethig radical happes this will keep as an never ending storry.
They will not leave what they believe to be their land. I don’t blame them but what’s happening is obviously not the answer either

If I was part of a student organization that proclaimed any tacit support for Hamas I'd leave it right away. I'm willing to give individuals the benefit of the doubt that may have been blindsided by a proclamation that they did not vote for or co-sign but sticking around now? No.

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Gun ownership would make any kind of occupation of the US untenable.
American Flag GIF

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Why is that the case and not other middle eastern countries, especially those filthy rich with oil money?
I'm guessing those refugees not affiliated with Hamas would want to get as far away from the region as possible.

ThisIsMyDog

Palestinian channels on the Telegram are reporting a very heavy bombardment that has been going on for several hours, as there is no electricity in the Gaza Strip it is hard for them to even locate the sites of the strikes. The number of dead this night will be very high.

You know I am starting to think that even if they produced the bodies of these children and the state they are in people would still question shit. I think it needs to be said that IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER THEY WERE BEHEADED OR NOT. What matters is grown arse men killed 40 defenseless babies, it doesn't matter HOW they did it. It matters that they actually did it. By killing 40 defenseless babies you already not so much stepped over the line of decency as fucking jet packed at the speed of sound past it.

On another note I have been watching a youtuber called Jake Broe (US ex-Military) for a while whilst he has been covering the conflict in Ukraine. Naturally he had to cover what is going on in Israel and a lot of what he says pretty much sums up how I feel plus he looks at the Russian angle to all this (cos you can bet those fuckers have their grubby mitts in this)

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

You know I am starting to think that even if they produced the bodies of this children and the state they are in people would still question shit. I think it needs to be said that IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER THEY WERE BEHEADED OR NOT. What matters is grown arse men killed 40 defenseless babies, it doesn't matter HOW they did it. It matters that they actually did it. By killing 40 defenseless babies you already not so much stepped over the line of decency as fucking jet packed at the speed of sound past it.

On another note I have been watching a youtube called Jake Broe (US ex-Military) for a while whilst he has been covering the conflict in Ukraine. Naturally he had to cover what is going on in Israel and a lot of what he says pretty much sums up how I feel plus he looks at the Russian angle to all this (cos you can bet those fuckers have their grubby mitts in this)

"- They killed 40 children
- Ye but no one showed us hard evidence that they beheaded them so they are just fighting against oppressor, they aren't terrorists"

And thats logic coming from so called progressive, peace-loving left, what a time to be alive.

People need to stop listening to Russian funded tankie "leftists" cheering this barbarity on.

Real, 2A supporting leftists don't support indiscriminate killing, especially of women and children, like what Hamas did.

Los Angeles Times reporter

*** Officials produce pictures of beheaded children

This clown: "We need DNA evidence and video proof as this can be easily be photshopped"

*** Officials produce video footage of beheaded children

This clown: "We need them to provide a DNA analysis of the murder victims. AI could easily produce such footage as the propaganda machine goes into over drive"

Whatever will be shown to the public as evidence of the beheading of Israeli citizens, these clowns will just end up moving the goalposts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom