• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfChaos

*** Officials produce pictures of beheaded children

This clown: "We need DNA evidence and video proof as this can be easily be photshopped"

*** Officials produce video footage of beheaded children

This clown: "We need them to provide a DNA analysis of the murder victims. AI could easily produce such footage as the propaganda machine goes into over drive"

Whatever will be shown to the public as evidence of the beheading of Israeli citizens, these clowns will just end up moving the goalposts.

They were only nearly-headless

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Los Angeles Times reporter

*Shows pictures*

Dumbass: Yes but can you prove to me that those were taken as part of the latest attack?

*Points to timestamp*

Dumbass: Okay but can you confirm that the babies are actually Israeli babies and those are actual Hamas soldiers?

*Confirms all of the requested information*

Dumbass: Regardless of that it doesn't give Israel the right to do what they are doing. So Israel is still in the wrong here because I don't like them.

That's how that would go.

ThisIsMyDog

So the safe passage isn't actually set yet .. because Egypt hasn't agreed to anything yet? So the Palestinians are stuck?
Egypt will not accept refugees completely brainwashed by Islamist extremists. That would create too many internal threats for them. On top of that, Hamas has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization that today's Egyptian government overthrew in 2013, it's too much of a risk for them.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Egypt will not accept refugees completely brainwashed by Islamist extremists. That would create too many internal threats for them. On top of that, Hamas has strong ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, an organization that today's Egyptian government overthrew in 2013, it's too much of a risk for them.

So no 9 yr olds? Half the population is 14 and under... This is tantamount to genocide by condemning the children to destruction until the ground offensive

ThisIsMyDog

So no 9 yr olds? Half the population is 14 and under... This is tantamount to genocide by condemning the children to destruction until the ground offensive
sfqni7va91v21.jpg

ThisIsMyDog

True but I want to be hopeful going forward ... Including the safety of Israeli hostages and the safety of Palestinian children.
Sweet denial of reality, the hostages won't live much longer because they are worth less to Israel than the eventual dissolution of Hamas with whom they will not negotiate. All this war will bring death, suffering and solve nothing, and the conflict will continue until the next eruption.

Israel, of course, wants to continue to exist, and will support its settlers on the West Bank and will continue blockade of Gaza Strip which has plunged completely into extremism.

The Palestinians, on the other hand, want ALL of PALESTINE for themselves and the Jews either deported or killed, and those who would like to negotiate with Israel have nothing left to negotiate about because Palestine as a normal country can no longer function because of before mentioned Jewish settlers encircling Palestinian cities on the west bank

There is no peaceful option here, only further conflict.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I randomly checked the banlist. EviLore EviLore wants all the smoke. And rightfully so!

There's plenty opportunity to criticize the politicians of Israel BUT this isn't the time ... ... Right now is about what happened to innocent israelis AND the offensive taking place against Hamas who have further trapped the people of Gaza. You can want safety for innocent Palestinians AND the Israeli civvies who didn't do ANYTHING to deserve what happened to them this past weekend. It's NOT or .. it's AND

Thirty7ven

Banned
He went from zero verification to verification from the President himself and still refuses that it has been verified.

I know this is a really hot topic but that’s not what he said. There’s what it sounds and then there’s what he said.

Again not disputing the veracity of what was reported.

It’s fair to question, and specially those of us who have been around for awhile and know how easy it is to get shit wrong. And it spreads like wild fire too. We’ve seen it over and over.

Edit: having troubling embedding tweet

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
There's plenty opportunity to criticize the politicians of Israel BUT this isn't the time ... ... Right now is about what happened to innocent israelis AND the offensive taking place against Hamas who have further trapped the people of Gaza. You can want safety for innocent Palestinians AND the Israeli civvies who didn't do ANYTHING to deserve what happened to them this past weekend. It's NOT or .. it's AND

Did you quote the wrong person?

Topher

Gold Member
I know this is a really hot topic but that’s not what he said. There’s what it sounds and then there’s what he said.

Again not disputing the veracity of what was reported.

It’s fair to question, and specially those of us who have been around for awhile and know how easy it is to get shit wrong. And it spreads like wild fire too. We’ve seen it over and over.

Edit: having troubling embedding tweet

What do you mean that's not what he said? Here it is from your linked tweet....

"It matters that Americans see what is happening. I have doing this a long time – I never thought that I would see and have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children"

If he is backtracking on actually seeing those pictures then he is more senile than I thought, but he did say that.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
What do you mean that's not what he said? Here it is from your linked tweet....

"It matters that Americans see what is happening. I have doing this a long time – I never thought that I would see and have confirmed pictures of terrorists beheading children"

If he is backtracking on actually seeing those pictures then he is more senile than I thought, but he did say that.

See that’s where it is right, they say the devil is in the details. Don’t wanna hear none of the senile stuff. He said what he said. He didn’t say “and”. In fact if somebody asks him later, whenever that happens, I bet his response will be “that’s what was being reported”.

Many things can be true at the same time. Hamas are vile terrorists who have committed a barbaric crime against humanity, and Mr Joe is being a politician making you think he just saw pictures of terrorists beheading children. Which isn’t even what was originally reported, there was no report of any kind of footage showing the act.

Last edited:
To dispel the notion that Palestinians are all bad and only want to destroy Israel:

About 20% of Israel’s current population, within it’s own recognized borders with citizenship, are self proclaimed Palestinians. And they are all fine. Muslims, Christians, Jews - for the most part are living just fine with each other. The few Palestinian people who I know here (doctors btw, they’re normal people) have family members living in Jurusalem and they’re thankfully okay in this current war. They don’t want war, they just wanna live a normal life. Their only complaint is that they get extra security checks for everything (which pious religious women find humiliating when bodies are touched everywhere) and indeed I’d be upset too if I was a tax contributing citizen.

laynelane

See that’s where it is right, they say the devil is in the details. Don’t wanna hear none of the senile stuff. He said what he said. He didn’t say “and”. In fact if somebody asks him later, whenever that happens, I bet his response will be “that’s what was being reported”.

Many things can be true at the same time. Hamas are vile terrorists who have committed a barbaric crime against humanity, and Mr Joe is being a politician making you think he just saw pictures of terrorists beheading children. Which isn’t even what was originally reported, there was no report of any kind of footage showing the act.

I understand what you're getting at, but the wording that he's (Biden) seen and confirmed pictures of those atrocious acts is at odds with what this reporter is saying in the tweet you linked.

HoodWinked

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

The senile angle is valid. Biden sounded extremely shaken up at the time he made those comments. No obviously he didn't see photos of the beheading as they took place. I think most would understand that's not what he meant. But there is quite a leap from what he said to never having actually seen any photos at all.

ThisIsMyDog

Biden has always been fairly flippant with details, just last month he was saying he was at ground zero 9/11 the day after which was easily verified false.

Biden didn't actually see photos.

2I44d3t.png

The end of politicians' careers should be tied to retirement age.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
We’ve seen more than sufficient evidence of the atrocities gleefully published by Hamas themselves, and of the mass murder of civilians. There’s no good reason at all to cast doubt on every line item about the specific variety of brutal rape, murder, and mutilation committed.

For argument sake, lets take the beheading of babies away. And the rape.

What are we left with? Oh right, the slaughtering of hundreds of men, women and children. Also known as genocide. Real genocide, not the one people keep trying to put on Israel.

It changes nothing with what the IDF needs to do.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
We’ve seen more than sufficient evidence of the atrocities gleefully published by Hamas themselves, and of the mass murder of civilians. There’s no good reason at all to cast doubt on every line item about the specific variety of brutal rape, murder, and mutilation committed.
We have seen plenty of evidence. But apologists are looking for a way to say 'it wasn't that bad' but war is bad rhetoric.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Its so weird when fiction doesnt take this into account. If Jurassic World happened I'm sure rednecks and gun freaks would look like british lords in a safari posing in front of a row of dino carcasses.
That was the dumbest part (of many) in JW3. The idea that dinos "were running wild and multiplying" in the 'wilds' of America is just ludicrous, especially after they establish Dino poaching is worth $$$. Good grief, Americans hunted the TRILLION strong carrier pigdeon into extinction FOR FUN. What would we do to a brontosaurous????

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Using the same tactics you love to cry about all day.

I have nothing I “really want to say”.
Tactics like "Israel too?"

Palestine has far more ideological rooted evils that date back to the days of being a consult with Hitler, that has been taught each and every day for almost a century now. Combined with their own internal oppressors between two warring Muslim tribes all in which goes far beyond the "Israel too" obfuscation and downplaying.

They are oppressing themselves with Hamas control in current year. Making them human shields.

There's a reason that several Muslim counties don't even want to bother dealing with trying to vet and take them in. Outright openly refusing to. They must secretly be oppressive Jews too.

Last edited:
We have seen plenty of evidence. But apologists are looking for a way to say 'it wasn't that bad' but war is bad rhetoric.

I suspect it's also because they want to be able to use it to plant seeds of doubt about the other stuff.

"How do you know they raped those women, the media said they beheaded babies but they didn't, so why do you believe them about the rapes?" Etc.

Thirty7ven

Banned

Maybe you’re projecting here, as you seem to believe the killing of even more innocents and an even larger scale genocide to be the appropriate response. Bad but not as bad, war is bad though just how it is rethoric.

See you don’t have to actually be pro any of this killing of children and innocents. Nobody is forcing you to choose which innocents deserve to die.

Techies

Was reading a twitter argument and all these people were saying all the baby killings are propaganda. Lol
I wish it was just propaganda. Unfortunately I've found a telegram for first responders.

The people on the scene, not some propaganda group. People on the scene collecting evidence. There is burned out baby, shot up and burned cars everywhere. Baby seats filled with blood, strawlers with missing babies.

Lot of dead woman in bathrooms/bedrooms, young and elderly.

Not even the pets were unarmed.

It was a suicide mission to cause as many astrocities as possible. The only good news is, those terrorists are dead.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Maybe you’re projecting here, as you seem to believe the killing of even more innocents and an even larger scale genocide to be the appropriate response. Bad but not as bad, war is bad though just how it is rethoric.

See you don’t have to actually be pro any of this killing of children and innocents. Nobody is forcing you to choose which innocents deserve to die.
This is a time in which decisive action by Israel against war crimes is necessary. Lives will be lost, but I'm not going to 'what if peace?' tip toe around the fact that Hamas, Hezbollah and anything/anyone one associated sought for this.

Thirty7ven

Banned
This is a time in which decisive action by Israel against war crimes is necessary. Lives will be lost, but I'm not going to 'what if peace?' tip toe around the fact that Hamas, Hezbollah and anything/anyone one associated sought for this.

So war crimes for war crimes.

I’m just calling it what it is, there’s no sugar coating here. We have all seen what those Hamas barbarians did and now we are seeing what a different type of barbarism looks like by IDF. Just because they are using bombs doesn’t make it clean, you can look at the footage yourself. It’s not just destroyed buildings and debris.

What I will not accept is you or anybody trying to tell me I can’t question, or that I gotta pick a good guy and a bad guy. This isn’t a children’s story and it’s not a fucking videogame either. Cause and consequence? Sure, I’ll do that. Action reaction whatever you wanna call it.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
So war crimes for war crimes.

I’m just calling it what it is, there’s no sugar coating here. We have all seen what those Hamas barbarians did and now we are seeing what a different type of barbarism looks like by IDF. Just because they are using bombs doesn’t make it clean, you can look at the footage yourself. It’s not just destroyed buildings and debris.

What I will not accept is you or anybody trying to tell me I can’t question, or that I gotta pick a good guy and a bad guy. This isn’t a children’s story and it’s not a fucking videogame either.
What other war crimes are you referring to other than those of the Hamas? War was declared and that's justice on Israel's part.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Not war crimes, so you're not calling it what it is.

Bombing civilian hospitals, cutting food supply (starvation) etc these are war crimes.

It’s happening as far as I understand unless none of these things are happening?

What other war crimes are you referring to other than those of the Hamas? War was declared and that's justice on Israel's part.

I don’t know how you’re defining war crimes, but war in the modern era has rules. It sounds kind of funny but it’s true. You seem to think otherwise, and that whatever happens now is justice.

Last edited:
There will be war crimes, by UN definition at least (acknowledge definitions can change). Commission has been collecting evidence starting Oct 7th. Don't want to speak for the report, it'll eventually come out. But observations so far, using the UN definitions, there will plenty of war crimes to go around for multiple parties.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Bombing civilian hospitals, cutting food supply (starvation) etc these are war crimes.

It’s happening as far as I understand unless none of these things are happening?

I don’t know how you’re defining war crimes, but war in the modern era has rules. It sounds kind of funny but it’s true. You seem to think otherwise, and that whatever happens now is justice.
If a undesignated country were living within U.S. borders, massacred maliciously as an act of war, then by all means the U.S. would have all means of justification for defense. But to you, that'd make Americans war criminals too because Heaven forbid we fight back.

So, where's this great war crime committed by Israel again?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Blame Hamas. They're committing these crimes by making civilians shields and establishing military outposts in them.

How convenient and privileged they have it where they can commit genocide, launch rockets from civilian locations and hide behind the criticisms towards Israel and have a global appeal to virtue and emotion "immunity shield."

There will be war crimes, by UN definition at least (acknowledge definitions can change). Commission has been collecting evidence starting Oct 7th. Don't want to speak for the report, it'll eventually come out. But observations so far, using the UN definitions, there will plenty of war crimes to go around for multiple parties.
I'm sure they won't say "elsewhere" when wagging fingers this time.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Not war crimes. Civilians are being given notice to evacuate and are not being targeted specifically.

Re: “starvation,” states cannot by international law be compelled to provide resources to enemy states in wartime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom