• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As an Englishman, I'm not particularly proud right now with the lack of police dispersing large crowds blatantly using intimidation, antisemitism tactics. This behaviour shouldn't be tolerated or left unanswered.

I guess this falls under freedom of speech, but this isn't a peaceful protests going on. These Hamas sympathisers need locking up!
It seems to be very selective, innit.

Alebrije

Still wonder why is taking so.much time to Israel sweep Gaza ,its been 6 days..

They have the army to take control fast, clean the area from Hamas and return. Seek and destroy block by block would take some time but the sooner the better.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

As an Englishman, I'm not particularly proud right now with the lack of police dispersing large crowds blatantly using intimidation, antisemitism tactics. This behaviour shouldn't be tolerated or left unanswered.

I guess this falls under freedom of speech, but these protestsaren't peaceful, they're blatantly trying to stir up violence. These Hamas sympathisers need locking up!

Shouting ‘kill the Jews‘ or anything similar is against section 5 of the public order act. Arrests should be made.

Although, Don’t look to social media videos for the truth of how the police handle things. They’re usually edited out of context.

If the coppers feel they’re on solid legal ground, they will intervene to arrest.

Forsete

🇪🇺

Arrested Development Gob Bluth GIF

Ozriel

M$FT

Seeing some kremlin propaganda accounts going full shill for Hamas is quite revealing.

Druckman: *doesn't check his narrative*
*posts honest opinion*
*logs into resetera*
*reads 37 pages of debate about dead babies*
*you know Ellie, we really are about to be canceled*
Druckman: SO LET'S WALK THAT BACK

Doesn't seem fair to accuse him of walking it back. He stands by his earlier tweet and clarifies it.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Seeing some kremlin propaganda accounts going full shill for Hamas is quite revealing.

Doesn't seem fair to accuse him of walking it back. He stands by his earlier tweet and clarifies it.
He deleted it. Should have left it up.

If you stand by it, leave it. The internet doesn't forget.

Edit: I take that back, it does get convenient amnesia based on ideology or brand loyalty.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
How Hamas is getting their support and cannon fodder? All those terrorists do not pop up out of thin air. They did not arrive on ships from the seas, they grew up in Gaza.

So far, as we have seen, some parents are fine with indoctrination of their children with hate towards Israel.

That's the point tho.... If you want the civvie Palestinians to rebel, where would their funding come from? Their resources? Their weapons? We want the Palestinians to be FREE and to have self determination from Hamas... My whole paragraph you quoted is asking HOW? From WHERE? From WHOM?

RAÏSanÏa

Yeah.

The problem for the police is not the protestors themselves. They are quite happy to go in mob handed and nick them.

But they have to be on very firm legal grounds. There are a lot of solicitors who exist only to get involved in arrests and charges around politically sensitive events.
And it's good to have integrity and equally applied standards. They should have to be on firm legal grounds. Therefore it can stand challenges about being unfair or selective by defenders.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Amen to that.

Anyone being shit on, never back off. The thing the trouble makers all want is for them to be allowed the first attack and then when countered, cry wolf to stop or hope the victims lose interest. All that does is allow the first movers room to live another day and do more another time.

Think of it like a hornets nest pissing you off in your backyard. You can either swat them one by one or avoid them hoping they go away. They probably wont go away. Or you just say fuck it and look for the nest nearby in one of the trees and get rid of it. Will another nest pop up again? Maybe. But at least that hoard of hornets are done for now. And it takes time to build another. In the meantime, you can always be proactive and prevent another giant nest forming in the future.

Never let someone retread their stupidity on you over and over again. If you do, you got a lot of patience and tolerate being repeatedly jabbed.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
They could stop doing what hamas order them to do.
They could say "i don't want to kill a human being, so i won't"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonviolent_resistance

The difference between what you're asking and what the American Civil Rights Movement did is that the ACRM strategically had news people there to record what was happening out in the open ... Showing the world what the policies of Jim Crow was doing to them ... in Gaza, Hamas would just kill them. No out in the open. And there wouldn't be any news people there to record it.

Come on, you know this.

Meicyn

Gold Member
You should really follow Douglas Murray.

It’s funny how certain parties reference proportionality since it’s a key principle in any modern country’s war doctrine. But those individuals misuse the term much like people misunderstand the word theory when talking about science.

Proportionality does not exclude civilian casualties, it is about minimizing collateral damage when there is a clear military objective. When Hamas chooses to use a civilian location to commence attacks, civilian collateral damage is not on Israel. It’s on Hamas. If rockets are being fired from a location, you destroy that location. It really is that simple.

FunkMiller

You should really follow Douglas Murray.

Everyone can turn themselves blue in the face over the merits of Israel's response, but the simple objective fact is that what Hamas has done is unfortunately a casus belli for full blown warfare, and there's no point skipping around the subject at this point. Article 51 is pretty damned clear on the matter:

Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of collective or individual self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a member of the United Nations.

The Israelis will cite that they are undertaking warfare against Hamas as a measure of self defence to prevent further incursions by Hamas with similar results.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It’s funny how certain parties reference proportionality since it’s a key principle in any modern country’s war doctrine. But those individuals misuse the term much like people misunderstand the word theory when talking about science.

Proportionality does not exclude civilian casualties, it is about minimizing collateral damage when there is a clear military objective. When Hamas chooses to use a civilian location to commence attacks, civilian collateral damage is not on Israel. It’s on Hamas. If rockets are being fired from a location, you destroy that location. It really is that simple.
I dont think many people are misusing the topic of proportionate counter attacks. They know better.

They just want the counter attacker (often a western side) going through pain in the ass hoops trying to meticulously counter like saints, when the first side likely (like this event) did no holds barred killing. So when the side retaliating decides to disproportionately wipe out the other side, the first side cry like babies because now they are facing an unchained pack of pitbulls the owner let loose and they have no idea when the owner will call them back into the house. So in the meantime, they are fucked.

Dont piss off the owner and his dogs, and nobody gets bitten.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

"
This is 2nd Lt. Adar Ben Simon, 20 an IDF search and rescue officer. On Saturday she was leading a goup of bootcamp recruits when she texted her sister: "9 terrorists coming at us. I'm with bullets in the chamber"She hid her recruits and along with fellow commanders engaged the terrorists. She was killed in the gun battle - most of her recruits survived.
"

Courageous young woman. RIP.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
The videos claiming Phosphorus and how many people share them might be the dumbest fucking shit of all the misinformation out there.

You can Google it people. Go look at what it actually does and looks like.

I fucking *+*+*+*LOVE*+*+*+*the REEEE caliber keyboard Warriors who legitimately feel like their entire existence is threatened when somebody gets their pronouns wrong cosplaying as fucking war generals because they saw a Whatculture countdown that included Spec Ops.

That is DECADENT ignorance.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
It's a shame he doesn't have the courage of his convictions to truly stand by it and take the flak. The original tweet was the first time I've agreed with him on something. Then he quickly got scared of the backlash. The thing is, the people who criticised him aren't worth trying to appease, and he should understand that.

Yeah, it's really the priority and the Witch hunt culture I was criticizing. That's why I joked earlier that he had accidentally given a true response. I'm sure the dude is FEELING IT, like any person with blood ties to the conflict.

But again, culture he helped create, and keeping the Wheel turning is apparently worth more to him.

FunkMiller

It's a shame he doesn't have the courage of his convictions to truly stand by it and take the flak. The original tweet was the first time I've agreed with him on something. Then he quickly got scared of the backlash. The thing is, the people who criticised him aren't worth trying to appease, and he should understand that.

I'm afraid I'm more cynical about it than that. I don't think he cut it to appease his followers or prevent offence to them.

I think he took it down because it might affect Naughty Dog's bottom line.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
They are bombing the shit out of gaza right now

I just started watching the feed. every once in a while you hear some old guys talking (I'm assuming they are the guys who set up the cams?).

Anyone know what they are saying? Scared? Pissed? Not even talking about the war?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom