• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
shame that a lot of people that have raised issues about this mass immigration into Europe years ago (won't mention names) got silenced and removed from platforms and called all sorts. then all the radical events that have happened over Europe in the past few years with relation to that religion and now it takes something like this and seeing all the people supporting what happened in city's across Europe for people to realise it might of been a bad idea.. some people even seem surprised.
There are still people defending this shit. It's depressing and I actually fear for what life will be like for my currently 3,5 year old... All this shit started happening when we were just expecting, starting with covid, Russia, Iran nukes, this shit...

It's fucking depresssing and I'll never have another kid because I don't want him/her to grow up in this shit.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did I say we should ignore it? It’s just always been normal sadly. Same with Jews chanting death to arabs. It literally is business as usual. But go ahead and ban me because I mentioned a mutual hatred.
Both Sides Tho
Jews Too Tho

From the very person that would say one is arguing in bad faith when we had a politics board for the very same whataboutism rhetoric.

Whipe out all terrorists and their worm-brained ideology.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

Thank you for posting this. To finally see a government take a stand against overt hate speech and terrorism support is such a relief. I wish my country would do the same, but have doubts.
Unfortunately, this will cause massive issues with the large banlieue population.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
To see those who proclaim they stand for justice spend their time bickering over the nuances of how Jewish babies were murdered by terrorists driven by hate, desperate to find some excuse for the terrorists. Just further proves that radicalism is a scourge to civilized society.

I am guessing most of this full-throated defense of Hamas and/or Palestine is coming from people who aren't terribly engaged with the news and world events. They have always been told that Israel persecutes and blockades the Palestinians, and that it's awful - but they never took to the time to learn why the territories exist, why Israel has the policies they have regarding them, and just what exactly the reality is like on the ground.

Thankfully I don't use Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, so I guess I am not having to see any of it. Only the second-hand reports here.

Hamas is Palestine. They are the elected government. Voted in by the people.

There was ONE vote...16 years ago... over half the population is under the age of 18 and can't vote. The remaining half of that are women who are highly subjugated and can't vote. So 25% of the population is left and there is a gang running around called Hamas who is getting armed and funded by various entities pointing guns.

Does Hamas really represent the people?

laynelane

Is it a "free society" if those words brainwash, indoctrinate, and then cause ones to act?

There's already been problems and there's sure to be more with the call-out (for Friday) from the Hamas leader. People around here are staying home, the streets are really quiet. We're afraid like many others the world over. In this situation I find myself uncaring of the freedom of speech of certain people.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Did I say we should ignore it? It’s just always been normal sadly. Same with Jews chanting death to arabs. It literally is business as usual. But go ahead and ban me because I mentioned a mutual hatred.
Yes, Jews all chant "death to Arabs" too, everywhere you look. Wait, no they don't.

20% of Israeli citizens are Arabs. Now look up the percentages of Jewish people in Arab countries.

Until this past Saturday, a large percentage of Jewish people vocally stood up for the plight of Palestinians and protested in their defense, wrote articles in prominent publications in their defense.

Where are the Palestinians standing up against the terrorist massacre of Jewish civilians? Where are they, anywhere in the world? Where are they pushing back against the murderous rallies with death chants abound?

Nowhere.

The two sides are not the same.

E-Cat

There was ONE vote...16 years ago... over half the population is under the age of 18 and can't vote. The remaining half of that are women who are highly subjugated and can't vote. So 25% of the population is left and there is a gang running around called Hamas who is getting armed and funded by various entities pointing guns.

I also recall polling that 50% of Palestinians want a ceasefire and 62% are ok with a two-state solution. But neither is probably going to happen now.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- The war between Israel and Hamas entered its sixth day on Thursday and the loss of life-and the scale of human suffering-is raising tensions around the world, and here in New York.

The NYPD is planning a show of force around the city on Friday, which is a posture similar to other occasions when there is the possibility of civil unrest.

The department has cancelled vacations and instructed all members to show up in uniform, according to a message sent to the rank and file obtained by ABC News.

"All uniformed members of the service are to perform duty in the uniform of the day - effective immediately and until further notice, all uniformed members of the service, in every rank, will perform duty in the uniform of the day and be prepared for deployment," the message said.

Demonstrations have been loud-at times, angry-but with no overt acts of violence. But the potential for an attack by local Hamas sympathizers is something NYPD commanders cannot afford to ignore.

"We're trying to make sure that violence doesn't manifest on the streets of New York City," said Dep. Cmsr. Rebecca Weiner with the NYPD Intelligence and Counterterrorism Division.

Weiner says officers are monitoring online postings by radical groups-some of whom are calling for a "global day of rage" Friday in support of the Palestinians in Gaza.

Large deployments of uniformed officers are already hitting the streets-with more to take up positions Friday.

"There's the part that you see, which involves a lot of officers, some of our counterterrorism officers, our Critical Response Command folks who are high visibility patrols, heavy weapons armed and trained responding to locations throughout the city, schools, houses of worship, sensitive locations," Weiner said. "And then there's the intelligence side, which is the part that you don't see-the online monitoring for threats and making sure that we can anticipate whether there's any reflection back to the city based on the overseas events."

Gov. Kathy Hochul called it a "personal choice" to pull children from religious schools or to skip synagogue Friday night in response to the call of pro-Palestinian protests.

"I understand the very human desire to protect your family and your kids," Hochul said. "With that information going on, it's something everybody will individually have to decide."

Meantime, there were three incidents in Brooklyn Wednesday night police are investigating as being possibly motivated by the war.

ABC News has confirmed that every major city police department in the U.S. is currently on a heightened state of alert monitoring the situation heading into Friday. Each department is working on its own plans on a case by case basis.
I think an issue obviously is not just the Hamas supporters being violent but those who want to attack those supporters as well. Could get ugly.

Hamas represents the people and recent polling shows this fact. Futhermore, their "government" has a program that financially incentivizes terrorism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Authority_Martyrs_Fund

The long and short of it is that if people do not like their government, they revolt. We saw the Tunisian revolution, we saw Lybian revolution, etc. You know what we didn't see? A palestinian revolution.. Even today, we have Palestinian clowns around the world protesting and endorsing terrorism so don't come here saying, Hamas doesn't represent the people.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Bout time. Was getting real tired of that idiot and their never ending whattaboutims gaslighting.

tried finding this gif here at gaf, but could not.

aBtFiHl.gif

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Roughly 20% of Israeli citizens are Arab, and around 18% of Israeli citizens are Muslim. Several of them demonstrated heroism during the massacre, rescuing and defending civilians at the cost of their own lives.

Hamas wants to talk about martyrs? THESE folks were the real thing! Because they acted with HEART AND LOVE! They're heroes! This both warms my heart and saddens me that their lives were lost.

FUCK HAMAS!

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Im honestly very nervous for my girlfriend who happens to have to go into the office tomorrow on her work from home day. We both happen to work on 36th and 7th ave.

Last edited:

NEW YORK CITY (WABC) -- The war between Israel and Hamas entered its sixth day on Thursday and the loss of life-and the scale of human suffering-is raising tensions around the world, and here in New York.

The NYPD is planning a show of force around the city on Friday, which is a posture similar to other occasions when there is the possibility of civil unrest.

The department has cancelled vacations and instructed all members to show up in uniform, according to a message sent to the rank and file obtained by ABC News.

"All uniformed members of the service are to perform duty in the uniform of the day - effective immediately and until further notice, all uniformed members of the service, in every rank, will perform duty in the uniform of the day and be prepared for deployment," the message said.

Demonstrations have been loud-at times, angry-but with no overt acts of violence. But the potential for an attack by local Hamas sympathizers is something NYPD commanders cannot afford to ignore.

"We're trying to make sure that violence doesn't manifest on the streets of New York City," said Dep. Cmsr. Rebecca Weiner with the NYPD Intelligence and Counterterrorism Division.

Weiner says officers are monitoring online postings by radical groups-some of whom are calling for a "global day of rage" Friday in support of the Palestinians in Gaza.

Large deployments of uniformed officers are already hitting the streets-with more to take up positions Friday.

"There's the part that you see, which involves a lot of officers, some of our counterterrorism officers, our Critical Response Command folks who are high visibility patrols, heavy weapons armed and trained responding to locations throughout the city, schools, houses of worship, sensitive locations," Weiner said. "And then there's the intelligence side, which is the part that you don't see-the online monitoring for threats and making sure that we can anticipate whether there's any reflection back to the city based on the overseas events."

Gov. Kathy Hochul called it a "personal choice" to pull children from religious schools or to skip synagogue Friday night in response to the call of pro-Palestinian protests.

"I understand the very human desire to protect your family and your kids," Hochul said. "With that information going on, it's something everybody will individually have to decide."

Meantime, there were three incidents in Brooklyn Wednesday night police are investigating as being possibly motivated by the war.

ABC News has confirmed that every major city police department in the U.S. is currently on a heightened state of alert monitoring the situation heading into Friday. Each department is working on its own plans on a case by case basis.

I'd expect some riots tomorrow. Crowds need little reason to destroy shit nowadays.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
A gay guy who was supposed to get married next week, enlisted and fell in Be'eri Kibbutz as he led his counter-terrorism team on Sunday. Gays can't really get married in Israel, but if you marry abroad the country does recognize you as married (stupid).

May he rest in peace. תנצב"ה

Liljagare

Welps, hope noone answers the Hamas leadership for a global Jihad tomorrow.. :\ But I am staying the fuck inside, living in a area prone to door explosions allready.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Other Muslims? Not trying to be dense, but doubtful.

But regarding your story, I saw another one about a Bedui who also helped move people out.
I don't know who it was that harassed that lady ... She didn't give more details in her tweet

And those people, those Muslims are the real deal and uphold the tenets of people like my friends and family members.

hyperbertha

Is it possible now that people are protesting on behalf the Palestinian children now? Hamas is not Palestine. And, I will be critical of the media for this - they have managed to convince people the Palestinian flag represents Hamas and Hamas and Palestine are the same entity. That is not true. Let me know if it doesn't make sense to you.
Oh fuck off. The media's agenda is the exact opposite and you know it.

bbmcgee

Banned

....yes. they won a free and fair election, and I don't believe they did it by claiming they wanted to make peace with the jews.

There is no excuse for electing as your government people that want to genocide your neighbors. Unless apparently if its jews.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hamas represents the people and recent polling shows this fact. Futhermore, their "government" has a program that financially incentivizes terrorism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Authority_Martyrs_Fund

The long and short of it is that if people do not like their government, they revolt. We saw the Tunisian revolution, we saw Lybian revolution, etc. You know what we didn't see? A palestinian revolution.. Even today, we have Palestinian clowns around the world protesting and endorsing terrorism so don't come here saying, Hamas doesn't represent the people.
So you propose, a population that is 42% under the age of 14 to rise up? Over 50% of the current population is under the 18, maybe I'll give you the 16-18 group. Okay so now you have in the most crazy scenario for this revolt you hope that 46% of the child population rises up against the other 54%. But let's be realistic. Half of that 54% are women, extremely conservatively half of them don't want anything to do with this and are afraid to fight gang with guns. And then let's give some benefit to males too, 20% at gunpoint don't want anything to do with it. So by that math, in terms of gross population 81% of the people are too young, at gunpoint, include women/children who you expect rise up and revolt. They can rise up (which again is an extreme ask) if they had a powerful ally, but they don't

....yes. they won a free and fair election, and I don't believe they did it by claiming they wanted to make peace with the jews.

There is no excuse for electing as your government people that want to genocide your neighbors. Unless apparently if its jews.

Under realistic math, unless you expect the 50% child population and the remaining 25% of the 50% of the population in women to have a say, you're saying that at max 500,000 males (assuming they are all with Hamas, extreme view) represent the will of 2 million people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom