• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

UD1XBN8.png

maFOCJC.gif

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I can't tell if you know that Kassy was covering the protest and those were pro Palestine people harassing her.

He wanted to know who was coming after the anti-israeli protesters... I told him look above that people Did come after her... I didn't know who they were at the time.

Kilau

Antifa means Anti-fascism

Fascist were against Jews (to put it mildly)

So by this math Antifa should be against pro Palestine protesters. Are they?
Yes that would make sense and I don't know where this particular group is putting their support.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Seatle, now:

"There is only one solution. Intifada revoluton."

The last Intifada involved 1000 civilians being murdered by suicide bomb and rocket attacks in Israel.

For years, we have heard of "hate speech" being used by the extremists to silence any dissenting opinion. What they are doing here is truly hate speech. I have a sinking suspicion that if the nationalities and races were switched and it was people wishing for the death of others because they were black, they would be removed from campus immediately and expelled. There is no excuse for this sort of action.

Over 290,000 Americans lost their lives in World War II alone, not counting the tens of thousands that have died in wars since, fighting against bigotry and antisemitism. I have never been more ashamed to be an American than I am this week.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
For years, we have heard of "hate speech" being used by the extremists to silence any dissenting opinion. What they are doing here is truly hate speech. I have a sinking suspicion that if the nationalities and races were switched and it was people wishing for the death of others because they were black, they would be removed from campus immediately and expelled. There is no excuse for this sort of action.

Over 290,000 Americans lost their lives in World War II alone, not counting the tens of thousands that have died in wars since, fighting against bigotry and antisemitism. I have never been more ashamed to be an American than I am this week.
Yes. If any of these campus rallies had been calling for death to any minority group other than Jews they would've been halted immediately with extreme prejudice and all of the students expelled, as you say. Instead, they operate freely and openly, without any consequences.

Topher

Gold Member

Exactly. These extremists had to invent "micro-aggressions" to silence opposing viewpoints and equate them with violence. Now they advocate actual violence openly against Jews. And they do so with the protections of a free society they would rip away from those they disagree with. If nothing else, they have exposed their true nature. I don't think this will end the way they think it will.

bbmcgee

Banned
Qatar is one of the countries that may be directly responsible with funding this terror and thus should be required to pay for consequences such as housing the people, maybe even rebuild Gaza. Iran and Qatar, financially, is where ire should be directed at.

When I say tech and advancements, I mean the west should have the capability to save people while hunting Hamas at the same time.
They do have that capability, at the cost of great risk for their own people. What it would mean in this war, is stop dropping bombs and go in on foot. Thats what it would mean. And they will go in, but only after giving themselves what they need from the bombing first. If you think there's some magical rockets you can send that somehow only damage the bad people, I dont know what to say.

But I guess, that shouldnt be allowed. Hamas can do whatever the hell it wants at the risk of their own wives and kids, but Israel/ "the west" most go out of their way to save those same wives and kids.

Never have I ever seen this kind of expectation during wartime. Only Israel. I wonder why

Somebody said Europe had fallen. I agree. I used to think we could all get along. Maybe I was wrong.

I hate to say it, but prostests in support of Palestine should not be banned. Like Ben Sasse said, let people show us the abject idiots and monsters they really are. Just be DAMN ready to make sure that they don't turn to violence. Banning speech rarely works out the way people think it will.

Not going to cry about it when the people who wanted to ban free speech for other reasons feel the sting of it now. Might make me a hypocrite, I guess.

Israel's PR seems better this time. In that it's not nonexistent doodoo

All of this is true, Palestinians are stuck between a patty of two authoritarian regimes. It's sad to see any support for the Palestinian people is being taken as pro Hamas. Fuck Hamas. All we can do from afar is show support. IDF needs to make a similar PR piece about themselves next. Attacking funerals isn't quite what freedom fighter do either.

I hate to say it, but prostests in support of Palestine should not be banned. Like Ben Sasse said, let people show us the abject idiots and monsters they really are. Just be DAMN ready to make sure that they don't turn to violence. Banning speech rarely works out the way people think it will.

Not going to cry about it when the people who wanted to ban free speech for other reasons feel the sting of it now. Might make me a hypocrite, I guess.

Banning the protest assumes that people who are in support of Palestinians being safe are the same people protesting in support of Hamas. Conflating the two is a very very dangerous game that sadly seems to be snowballing.

Last edited:

Kilau

I agree, as long as they can manage to "protest" and speak without calls to violence (probably not possible for them) then let them talk. Better to have the masks come completely off now, people are taking note of who is supporting actual terrorism.

bbmcgee

Banned
All of this is true, Palestinians are stuck between a patty of two authoritarian regimes. It's sad to see any support for the Palestinian people is being taken as pro Hamas. Fuck Hamas. All we can do from afar is show support. IDF needs to make a similar PR piece about themselves next. Attacking funerals isn't quite what freedom fighter do either.
I would agree with the this but from what i've seent the demonstrations arent just about protecting the plaestinians. They are framing the situation as about liberation and occupation.

That can only mean that they believe Hamas is fighting for those things for Palestine. That is what they are effectively saying. And that is just.........open support for terrorism.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
These are universities where students have held rallies openly supporting Hamas and their terrorist massacre, without consequences.

You can't even wear a sombrero without being actioned by DEI administrators.

The entire DEI apparatus at universities needs to be dismantled.

Faust

Perpetually Tired

If these were protests in support of Palestinian civilians and better rights, there could be room to have understanding. However, these are protests in support of Hamas, not Palestine. They are advocating for the death and genocide of an entire group of individuals.

I would agree with the this but from what i've seent the demonstrations arent just about protecting the plaestinians. They are framing the situation as about liberation and occupation.

That can only mean that they believe Hamas is fighting for those things for Palestine. That is what they are effectively saying. And that is just.........open support for terrorism.
I think its preemptive fear of what will happen after war was declared given how altercations in the past lead to massive and unbalanced retaliation against the Palestinian people. People celebrating Hamas are terrible human beings. Hamas and any non secular state is a net negative for the middle east. I feel that way about any non secular state but the people living there are getting abused from two separate sides...which is something I and many other want to continue to bring that too light.

Banning any pro Palestine protest is asinine.

bbmcgee

Banned
I think its preemptive fear of what will happen after war was declared given how altercations in the past lead to massive and unbalanced retaliation against the Palestinian people. People celebrating Hamas are terrible human beings. Hamas and any non secular state is a net negative for the middle east. I feel that way about any non secular state but the people living there are getting abused from two separate sides...which is something I and many other want to continue to bring that too light.

Banning any pro Palestine protest is asinine.
I would normally agree with this entirely, protests should be allowed. but they are effectively saying kill the jews. For people that love to call out dog whistles this is a dog loud yell. For no other group would this be allowed.

If these were protests in support of Palestinian civilians and better rights, there could be room to have understanding. However, these are protests in support of Hamas, not Palestine. They are advocating for the death and genocide of an entire group of individuals.
I am a free speech absolutist, though this is SORELY testing that for me. Speech is not violence.

That being said, fuck these people, hard, and may they burn in hell. They are at the very least excusing actual fucking monsters, and at worst cheering for them. But it is good to see this, harder to deny their views, they can't hide their hatred behind "we just want freedom and justice for the oppressed" anymore.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The disingenuous arguments fall flat at the facts of their own actions:
1) Their celebrations started at the start of the terrorist attack and used imagery of the attack, even as people were still being slaughtered in their homes.
2) They were silent about Israeli victims but the second there were Palestinian victims they brought forward videos decrying the suffering of innocents.
3) They began using the term "intifada" only after Hamas leadership called for it in an address that also called for the elimination of Israel and a jihad to bring the world under Islamic rule. This is what is actually meant by the term as seen by past intifadas. It is always of revolutionary/overthrowing intent.
4) The protests have not been peaceful. They have broken many laws of many different locations. Plenty of examples have been seen to outright call for the death of Jews.

These rallies are not about helping the Palestinian people find a better life. The context of the reactions, the timing of developments, and many accompanying statements and imagery makes it perfectly clear. They ARE pro-Hamas rallies. They ARE antisemitic rallies supporting genocide. They ARE anti-West rallies dreaming of ending the very nations that gave them the freedom to hold them.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The disingenuous arguments fall flat at the facts of their own actions:
1) Their celebrations started at the start of the terrorist attack and used imagery of the attack, even as people were still being slaughtered in their homes.
2) They were silent about Israeli victims but the second there were Palestinian victims they brought forward videos decrying the suffering of innocents.
3) They began using the term "intifada" only after Hamas leadership called for it in an address that also called for the elimination of Israel and a jihad to bring the world under Islamic rule. This is what is actually meant by the term as seem by past intifadas. It is always of revolutionary/overthrowing intent.
4) The protests have not been peaceful. They have broken many laws of many different locations. Plenty of examples have been seen to outright call for the death of Jews.

These rallies are not about helping the Palestinian people find a better life. The context of the reactions, the timing of developments, and many accompanying statements and imagery makes it perfectly clear. They ARE pro-Hamas rallies. They ARE antisemitic rallies supporting genocide. They ARE anti-West rallies dreaming of ending the very nations that gave them the freedom to hold them.
100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom