• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbmcgee

Banned
The disingenuous arguments fall flat at the facts of their own actions:
1) Their celebrations started at the start of the terrorist attack and used imagery of the attack, even as people were still being slaughtered in their homes.
2) They were silent about Israeli victims but the second there were Palestinian victims they brought forward videos decrying the suffering of innocents.
3) They began using the term "intifada" only after Hamas leadership called for it in an address that also called for the elimination of Israel and a jihad to bring the world under Islamic rule. This is what is actually meant by the term as seen by past intifadas. It is always of revolutionary/overthrowing intent.
4) The protests have not been peaceful. They have broken many laws of many different locations. Plenty of examples have been seen to outright call for the death of Jews.

These rallies are not about helping the Palestinian people find a better life. The context of the reactions, the timing of developments, and many accompanying statements and imagery makes it perfectly clear. They ARE pro-Hamas rallies. They ARE antisemitic rallies supporting genocide. They ARE anti-West rallies dreaming of ending the very nations that gave them the freedom to hold them.
This is what I was trying to say. This double speak tactic of 'I hate hamas but I'm here for the liberation and freedom of palestine' is not compatible, because who else can been seen as fighting for that except Hamas?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Also have to remember that just because something is happening on a campus doesn't necessarily mean it is students leading or making up a majority of the participants. Most urban campuses are open for anyone.

edit: but yeah I don't mind publishing the name of any student who is confirmed to support terrorism.

Last edited:

Jinzo Prime

WaPo editorial board member

Ah, so cancel culture shouldn't apply to terrorist supporters, just white men, got it.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I am thankful that the DHS probably got a few thousand new leads to monitor this week. “Never forget” we said, yet it seems many have. The idiocy of media and schools does not apply to our national security bureaus. If anyone fucks around they will find out.

Jinzo Prime

Last edited:
The disingenuous arguments fall flat at the facts of their own actions:
1) Their celebrations started at the start of the terrorist attack and used imagery of the attack, even as people were still being slaughtered in their homes.
2) They were silent about Israeli victims but the second there were Palestinian victims they brought forward videos decrying the suffering of innocents.
3) They began using the term "intifada" only after Hamas leadership called for it in an address that also called for the elimination of Israel and a jihad to bring the world under Islamic rule. This is what is actually meant by the term as seen by past intifadas. It is always of revolutionary/overthrowing intent.
4) The protests have not been peaceful. They have broken many laws of many different locations. Plenty of examples have been seen to outright call for the death of Jews.

These rallies are not about helping the Palestinian people find a better life. The context of the reactions, the timing of developments, and many accompanying statements and imagery makes it perfectly clear. They ARE pro-Hamas rallies. They ARE antisemitic rallies supporting genocide. They ARE anti-West rallies dreaming of ending the very nations that gave them the freedom to hold them.

No doubt, western hippies and their pro hamas stance early on contributed to the demise of innocent Palestinians. I maintain, the imagery you saw (which is real) does not represent the innocents. And 42% of the population under 14, give them a chance.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I feel like a lot of these Antisemite/pro-Hamas rallies masked as pro-Palestinian rallies mostly comprise of these kinds of people (based on the videos I’ve seen):

1. Radical Muslims living in the west
2. Sheltered, wealthy (and maybe not-so-smart) gen-z students who don’t have anything better to do and just want to go against the flow or something
3. Millennial Hipsters

Last edited:

Dynasty8

I was there, had a doctor's appointment next to the campus at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital and saw some of the shit on the street as I was driving. They're all misguided and entitled kids who are so lost and think they're cheering for "team justice" just because they desperately want to be part of something. They have absolutely no clue how the world works. Guaranteed many of those kids in that crowd will look back in 10 years and realize how stupid they were for following the loud professional serial complainers.

The word "privilege" gets thrown around so often with these kids today...they have no idea how privileged they are. I would love to see each of them living a week under the modern day Palestinian "government" and watch them cry their eyes out and immediately change their misguided opinions.

Only thing that has me a bit concerned now is having to take my elderly parents to UCLA tomorrow for a doctor's appointment with all this shit that's going on.

Dice

No doubt, western hippies and their pro hamas stance early on contributed to the demise of innocent Palestinians. I maintain, the imagery you saw (which is real) does not represent the innocents. And 42% of the population under 14, give them a chance.
I have persistently maintained that the children should be freed from Hamas indoctrination. This however does not mean I think the right course of action is for Israel to sit on their hands just because Hamas has surrounded themselves with kids. It is a terrible and extremely difficult situation and it is as such because Hamas designed it to be that way. Hamas must be eliminated or the same pattern will repeat for countless generations of Palestinian children.

Last edited:

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I have persistently maintained that the children should be freed from Hamas indoctrination. This however does not mean I think the right course of action is for Israel to sit on their hands just because Hamas has surrounded themselves with kids. It is a terrible and extremely difficult situation and it is as such because Hamas designed it to be that way. Hamas must be eliminated or the same pattern will repeat for countless generations of Palestinian children.
Hamas is 100% counting on the fact that the western world is much more moral than they are. The western world is but I think they miscalculated on this one.

bbmcgee

Banned
Israel is being asked to let weapons aimed at their families stand, because the lives of Palestinian children come first. They must leave Hamas gear for them, because Palestinian children come before their own.

I am legitimately losing my mind at this reasoning.

Jinzo Prime

Only thing that has me a bit concerned now is having to take my elderly parents to UCLA tomorrow for a doctor's appointment with all this shit that's going on.
If it is at all possible, I would delay that appointment, they will be out in force on Friday. Check the last few pages.

Dice

Details on the Stanford incident:

xEhSe1g.jpg
I'm also sick of this constantly repeated and easily refuted lie that Israel are colonizers of Palestinian land. The fact is that Israel is the first nation in history to propose the establishment of a Palestinian state. There was no Palestine before. Nobody wanted a Palestine. Israel easily could have been like "We were given this by the victors of the wars, it's ours, you will live here under our rule" but they didn't. They offered for peace in a two-state solution. This was rejected purely because the idea of Jews having any rule anywhere was completely rejected. Rejected by who? By the people who had violently dominated many lands and took them from others for centuries. They see Israel as colonizers because it is a projection of how they think the world works. Peace is not a reality in their minds, it is always about domination and they force the issue until circumstances are brought to that.

So you propose, a population that is 42% under the age of 14 to rise up? Over 50% of the current population is under the 18, maybe I'll give you the 16-18 group. Okay so now you have in the most crazy scenario for this revolt you hope that 46% of the child population rises up against the other 54%. But let's be realistic. Half of that 54% are women, extremely conservatively half of them don't want anything to do with this and are afraid to fight gang with guns. And then let's give some benefit to males too, 20% at gunpoint don't want anything to do with it. So by that math, in terms of gross population 81% of the people are too young, at gunpoint, include women/children who you expect rise up and revolt. They can rise up (which again is an extreme ask) if they had a powerful ally, but they don't
If you ignore the wrong doings of Hamas, you’re complicit. Age has almost never been a factor and it’s usually the young who drive change. However to humour myself, let’s use your excuse making example. Of the 19% of the population that are eligible since apparently teens and women can’t think for themselves, there has been no resistance to Hamas in the 19%. You want to tell me that a whole 2.2 million people are held hostage by 40k people? Do you think we’re stupid or something? What a ridiculous proposition.

LordOfChaos

More explosions happening

Fricking creepy being in the pitch black, the prayer calls, the explosions, truly feels end timesy

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
BTDzi2J.jpg

Few forces in the universe more powerful than human stupidity.

I wonder if they think all Islam majority countries are very LGBTQ+ friendly.

I remember when I was vacationing with my wife in Indonesia back in 2018, we saw a giant billboard in Jakarta saying "Death to Gays", I think this was near a mosque or something.

I was there, had a doctor's appointment next to the campus at the UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital and saw some of the shit on the street as I was driving. They're all misguided and entitled kids who are so lost and think they're cheering for "team justice" just because they desperately want to be part of something. They have absolutely no clue how the world works. Guaranteed many of those kids in that crowd will look back in 10 years and realize how stupid they were for following the loud professional serial complainers.

The word "privilege" gets thrown around so often with these kids today...they have no idea how privileged they are. I would love to see each of them living a week under the modern day Palestinian "government" and watch them cry their eyes out and immediately change their misguided opinions.

my blood is boiling holy shit.

If you ignore the wrong doings of Hamas, you’re complicit. Age has almost never been a factor and it’s usually the young who drive change. However to humour myself, let’s use your excuse making example. Of the 19% of the population that are eligible since apparently teens and women can’t think for themselves, there has been no resistance to Hamas in the 19%. You want to tell me that a whole 2.2 million people are held hostage by 40k people? Do you think we’re stupid or something? What a ridiculous proposition.

Hamas and Palestine are separate entities. Hamas is like Aal Queda, Taliban, ISIS. Most reasonable people know that Afghanis and Taliban are separate. Hamas is a group that needs to be eliminated.

At the very least the 42% under 14 population (900k people) are certainly hostages and/or brainwashed, potentially can still be saved. People older than that probably brainwashed, don’t know better. Current circumstances there were highly engineered by Hamas with the brainwashing.

Madflavor

This is very heartbreaking and it really pisses me off.

I wonder if shit like this going to change a lot of perspective toward the "progressive left" or if it'll all just be forgotten about in a couple weeks. We're seeing widespread gatherings and social media posts of the masks coming off, and an alarming amount of anti-semitism from the left, and I do wonder if it's going backfire on them in some way. Because it turns out that the group of people who've been calling everyone Nazis for the past 5-10 years, are the actual Nazis.

bbmcgee

Banned
I wonder if shit like this going to change a lot of perspective toward the "progressive left" or if it'll all just be forgotten about in a couple weeks. We're seeing widespread gatherings and social media posts of the masks coming off, and an alarming amount of anti-semitism from the left, and I do wonder if it's going backfire on them in some way. Because it turns out that the group of people who've been calling everyone Nazis for the past 5-10 years, are the actual Nazis.
Are you kidding? The easiest excuse we just wanted to support the poor brown people in Palestine.

What's next for these pro-Hamas students and teachers? To burn books? Does anyone EVEN remember this? I hate the phrase "history repeats itself", but I don't see other way to view these people hate. To quote Freud:

"What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books." - c. 1933-34

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
For years, we have heard of "hate speech" being used by the extremists to silence any dissenting opinion. What they are doing here is truly hate speech. I have a sinking suspicion that if the nationalities and races were switched and it was people wishing for the death of others because they were black, they would be removed from campus immediately and expelled. There is no excuse for this sort of action.

Not all dog whistles are equal to the ears of some college administrators, it seems. The double standards in academia have been problematic for a while, and it's caused people to not be able to recognize what calls to violence look like. Tiki torch marchers in Charlottesville chanting "Jews will not replace us" along with those college protesters justifying a horrific massacre of Jewish civilians and chanting about "solutions" should elicit the same trigger of backlash in normies. However, to certain tribal thinkers with dogmatic ideologies, those are somehow two different things. Crazy.

Madflavor

What's next for these pro-Hamas students and teachers? To burn books? Does anyone EVEN remember this? I hate the phrase "history repeats itself", but I don't see other way to view these people hate. To quote Freud:

"What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books." - c. 1933-34

History has a weird way of repeating itself. If the Western World continues to allow these things to escalate within our own borders, and we do find ourselves inching closer and closer to 1933 - 1945 Germany, then people need to start demanding answers on how the fuck are we allowing this to happen again?

I'm probably being hyperbolic of course. But there's a lot that happened this week that I would've thought hyperbolic a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom