• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

laynelane

Bernie Sanders press secretary Briahna Joy Gray.

pGIEEMV.png

QTChTts.png

The "shell game" line is her focus, it seems to me, and she has no issue with ignoring reality to push that agenda. In the midst of all the tragedy over the last while, it's gross and alarming that people like this have influence.

bbmcgee

Banned
Ask him? Why ask here, all you’ll get is someone’s bias reflected in the reply
Well I know why him specifically, bBecause the only possible answer, given that we've had similar discussions about similar situations and he had a totally different answer, is that its because its Israel. I think its because its jews.

But my comment was more to emphasize how bad this all is. I'm in shock.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I am horrified by what I have been reading by posters in this thread, where the majority seem to simply view this whole thing as black and white, where people are OK with bundling all Muslims into a specific type of person, so they can easily choose to hate. The situation between Israel and Palestine is not simple, and you shouldn't pick a side that easily. You don't need to pick a side, if you really are concerned about the people there.

If you want to look at Muslims as the villains, fine, I guess this is where everyone stops thinking critically, but how can you completely ignore the situation of Palestine and its people? I know the situation for Israelis isn't as simple either, but their government hasn't been treating the people of Palestine like humans either. They are locked in, isolated, the water supply, food, everything is controlled by Israel, even when things aren't as bad as they are now. Now, Hamas has made it even tougher for the people of Palestine, but who can they look to for support because everyone just seems to villainize them? as shown in this thread.

I am done here, I guess.

To give a bit of context, Palestinians in Gaza were given pipes for clean drinking water ... Instead they used those pipes to make weapons. Everything that's making life hard for them is because of Hamas. And they wouldn't have been in an open air prison if Hamas wasn't routinely shooting, rocketing and such at israelis.

Hamas is the problem. Israel has every right to defend itself... If Hamas wasn't doing some fuck shit like they've been doing, things would be A LOT different for the Palestinians. There's Muslims/Arabs living IN Israel right now ... They aren't causing any trouble because they WANT peace.

If there was no Hamas and the IDF was treating Palestinians as inhumane, then folks would be rightly outraged. Hamas fucked it up for all those people in Gaza. And there's too many perspectives in Gaza to say they're all bad or all good.

TransTrender

Gold Member
It hurts my brain how fucking crass and ignorant people are these days when they're seeing all the evidence they need on how Hamas is a hateful terrorist government.

I'm fucking enraged this woman lived through the Holocaust only to be kidnapped by these fuckers, and people are cheering them on in the streets.

Arresting the owner and destroying the building only brings a modicum of satisfaction, but at least they're making it very clear:
Fuck around and find out.

People on GAF way back when used to say that Al-Jazeera was the only news organization you could trust implicitly.
This has always been a logical fallacy because objectivity is lost simply due to the lens of their world view.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Hamas is the problem. Israel has every right to defend itself... If Hamas wasn't doing some fuck shit like they've been doing, things would be A LOT different for the Palestinians. There's Muslims/Arabs living IN Israel right now ... They aren't causing any trouble because they WANT peace.
Not to jinx it, because they could turn on us (there were big riots in the last round of assault in Gaza), but Muslims living in Israel have the best life out of all middle eastern countries. Healthcare, services, education. They do have their own internal problems like gangs, and more awful family honor killings.

So while they may want Palestine, they prob don't wanna live in it.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Sad thing is, Bernie's the most well known Jewish politician in the US. He needs to get his house in order or people will use this as an excuse for antisemitism.
He's unfortunately more sympathetic to the Palestinians. Looked at his Twitter, nothing about the Hamas Pogrom.

EDIT: Sorry, he did condemn the attack on his private account. Of course saying both sides will suffer.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Good read

Raven117

Context matters and she's not wrong. Christian fundamentalists absolutely stoke the fire.

There's also a vast, vast difference between partially to blame and "to blame" like Manabyte is claiming.
Dude, what the fuck are you talking about? (And, as usual, what is AOC talking about?)

A fight between Jewish and a radical muslim government has nothing to do with Christianity or where the Embassy is. That is all garbage talk designed to detract and dunk on the US for no reason.

That article you posted doesn't even attempt to draw a direct line to the US embassy, Christian fundamentalist, and what is happening right now. It just uses all the word salad to try and imply bull shit.

This conflict is breaking peoples brains.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
So should we expect the Gaza Strip to become the Gaza Crater by the end of the weekend?

Naw if Israel wanted to wipe everything they could have done it ten times over by now. They are being rather indiscriminate with bombings but not full blown genocidal. Plus multiple sources today indicate their troops have begun moving in (Im sure their special forces were already infiltrating this past week)

Jinzo Prime

Context matters and she's not wrong. Christian fundamentalists and evangelists absolutely stoke the fire.

There's also a vast, vast difference between partially to blame and "to blame" (entirely) like Manabyte is claiming.
Even if she was right, saying it at a time when we need unity and strength in a time of tragedy, is dangerous and inflammatory.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Context matters and she's not wrong. Christian fundamentalists and evangelists absolutely stoke the fire.

There's also a vast, vast difference between partially to blame and "to blame" (entirely) like Manabyte is claiming.
Holy what what? She says that the right wing is anti-semetic, but then moving the embassy triggers biblical prophecies (huh?) that christians, but not AMERICAN (as if their opinion takes priority over Israeli?) jews favor is...what? She is just making shit up like she always does.

Let's be clear, the Muslim world TRIED to militarily defeat Israel and they lost, big time. They COULD have taken in all the Palestinians and moved on, rolled with the L, and in time most anyone who wanted to could have moved back to the same patch of ground as a peaceful productive member of Israeli society. But noooooooo, the Muslim world has been using the Palestinians as a club against Israel since day one, THEY forced the issue.

Liljagare

Oh, ok, so just regularly killed then.

I don't even understand why this is still ongoing, they murdered babies. They killed a pregnant woman, shot her in the head, opened her belly and stabbed the baby.

It's the people that proclaimed that taking in refugees and opening our hearts to certain groups refusing to understand that theese same people also want to kill Jews/LBQT/Non-islam followers, no matter where they live.

They can't admit it was a stupid idea, and their views are now shattered. People usually are bad at dealing with being shown that their world views and beliefs are wrong, and even bad.

I still cannot believe the support from LBQT communities for Hamas and Islam. It's like they have no clue how those groups want to treat them. If you claim to be trans/gay, it's 20 years in the slammer at best. Death sentence at worst in alot of Islamic skewed countries.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It's the people that proclaimed that taking in refugees and opening our hearts to certain groups refusing to understand that theese same people also want to kill Jews/LBQT/Non-islam followers, no matter where they live.

They can't admit it was a stupid idea, and their views are now shattered. People usually are bad at dealing with being shown that their world views and beliefs are wrong, and even bad.

I still cannot believe the support from LBQT communities for Hamas and Islam. It's like they have no clue how those groups want to treat them. If you claim to be trans/gay, it's 20 years in the slammer at best. Death sentence at worst in alot of Islamic skewed countries.
I keep quoting this story, there's no prison, it's death. Your own family will kill you.

Raven117

Holy what what? She says that the right wing is anti-semetic, but then moving the embassy triggers biblical prophecies (huh?) that christians, but not AMERICAN (as if their opinion takes priority over Israeli?) jews favor is...what? She is just making shit up like she always does.

Let's be clear, the Muslim world TRIED to militarily defeat Israel and they lost, big time. They COULD have taken in all the Palestinians and moved on, rolled with the L, and in time most anyone who wanted to could have moved back to the same patch of ground as a peaceful productive member of Israeli society. But noooooooo, the Muslim world has been using the Palestinians as a club against Israel since day one, THEY forced the issue.
Yup. And they have absolutely NO interest in taking them in as refugees (See i.e. Egypt, Jordan, and all other Muslim nations). Yeah, they want a two state solution, so they don't have to deal with this.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I don't understand, is she on a media blackout or something, or just running around like?:
Lilly Singh No GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

The allegations of rape have video and photographic evidence behind them... But so far there's been no confirmation by Israel or the press of baby beheadings. Babies are DEAD... Children are DEAD... That should be enough.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Shouldn't they turn into Jordanians the second they cross the border? What, exactly, makes you immutably "Palestinian"? Are they on work leave from their prison or something? :p
In theory. Jordan hates them, but fear them because they grow faster in population.

Wildebeest

People who like seeing the world get worse in terms of political violence flock to the Israeli-Palestine conflict like flies to shit. Some of those are "end times" evangelical Christians, but others are accelerationist leftists who want to see horrible crisis situations rise up everywhere, so people are shocked into believing that big political upheavals in their lives are either possible or inevitable.

Last edited:
It is depressing and absolutely insane that less than a week ago Israel was subject to probably the 2nd worse terrorist attack in modern human history. An attack that is up there with 911 and one that in some ways was even more barbaric. An attack where women were raped and murdered, women and babies were burnt alive. You wouldn't think it though it has pretty much dropped off the main stream media (certain other forums don't seem to give a shit that is for sure) and it seems as if it is now "hey Israel woke up today and just decided fo fuck shit up, aint they evil".

War is not nice, innocent people die no matter what precautions an army makes and lots of innocent people die when the enemy use them as bloody shields. However Israel is not doing anything different in Gaza that any other nation would do. We have already seen the US do it after their 911 any nation that suffered a horrific terrorist attack like the US and Israel endured would do the exact same thing that Israel is doing now. But outside of a few places no one seems to care about the 1,300 jewish civillians that were slaughtered. Nope all they seem to care about is the Palestinians whose only crime is well supporting Hamas, celebrating the day the terrorist attack happened and doing the odd "death to jews" chant when the mood takes them..

Liljagare

Looks like a lot of people are abiding by the IDF leaflets. However, over a million people moving in 24 hours as noted is nearly impossible.

Gaza city had in 2017 about 600K people living in it, we have allready seen reports from the UN that 287K has fled.

Gaza =! Gaza strip.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended

I'm sorry... Last thing I read is that there was no confirmation of baby beheadings...

Not by the Israeli government nor American nor the press.

Unless you have more information than them.

The fact that Hamas WILLINGLY killed children and babies is enough proof of their barbarism. No need to embellish.

I know there's unverified claims of the beheadings of babies but that's all they are RIGHT NOW... Unverified.

LordOfChaos

Gaza city had in 2017 about 600K people living in it, we have allready seen reports from the UN that 287K has fled.

Gaza =! Gaza strip.
The UN are the ones who called it near impossible, it's in the video 5 minutes in, and you can see people struggling with roadblocks

Everyone north of the wetland region which they said to evacuate south of I think was closer to a million

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom