• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeru

You start by rating notes and then if you get enough I guess "being right" points as in you're siding with truth, you can start to write them.

I think I have all note abilities now. What can I suggest? If someone writes a good one I'll put my lot in

I have no idea, but you can see blood on the left page, big drops and all, and that isn't pink, so...

I really don't know what to do in this situation.

VortexCortex

Neo Member

Not sounding good, I fear this is only going to get worse now.

Been following the thread and news, but not actively participating. Some of the replies I've seen on here and other social media of folks trying to play the whatism and victim card for Palestinian is insane.

And the dancing around the story of the babies, why the hell are folk so hellbent on trying to debate if it happened or not? Babies, elderly, men, women and children and entire families were massacred in their homes.

Need checking over by a psychologist if you think it's some how less fucked if they weren't beheaded/burned. Innocent children slaughtered for some bullshit religion and a fight over land that isn't even theirs by terrorists.

Some of you guys need to pick up a history book and you'll soon see this argument for Palenstine being colonised falls apart quickly.

This is a great post and insightful. It illustrates individual versus collective responsibility for "your group" and whether or not "your group" is even a thing. Are Muslims collectively responsible for the actions of a few? Do 'they' have a responsibility to police and inhibit bad actors. Clearly it's easy for outside groups to lump Muslims into a monolithic block based on a few characteristics, we all do it to virtually everyone else at some level.

But it also highlights the need to have opposing voices from within. If "all muslims" don't want to endure negative attention from the actions of a few, then there needs to be a public denouncement. I don't see many, or any really, demonstrations by Muslim groups to denounce Hamas, calls for them to surrender and release hostages, sympathize woth the suffering of Israelis, and support Palestinians as a separate entity from Hamas.

But, as a loose comparison, if a Christian radical bombs an abortion center, you see A LOT of Christian opposition to that tactic, even from groups otherwise protesting those clinics or fighting legislation making it legal. Even if they approve of the act in private, the PUBLIC stance is almost always condemnation. Very few leaders go on record supporting a bombing.

This is, to me, a stark contrast to the current conflict and is something I think the Muslim community, as much as it can be considered a community, at least within the US and other western countries where these communities are distinct minorities, should consider when there are protests, attacks against israeli/Jewish groups in the US, etc. If Muslims treat all Jewish activities under the same umbrella as Israeli government actions against Gaza, then they really can't complain when non-muslims treat all Muslims as if they were adjacent to bad actors.

You bring up good points and I myself have wondered why aren’t there more Muslim leaders that unequivocally denounce? My only thought is that there are benefits in having a central figure, such a Pope, who makes a hard stance for the majority but Islam doesn’t have that. So many different Imams (head religious figure) in different countries who all have very different views. You can basically get the answer you’re looking for from a religious figure depending on the city you’re in, state, country, etc. And I believe it’s this what causes these radical groups to use religious means in those areas, they can prob find someone that backs them up.

Another thing, harder to explain, but like people in the Islamic world don’t really look out for each other. It’s a very constant “I’ve got mine” attitude in the community, constant competition and rise to the top mentality. Like I’ve known the the more clever in the community looking to screw over the people who don’t know any better by convincing them they’re getting a good deal (car sales, they’d get commission). But there are Muslim people who own NFL teams, real estate in LA (Gigi/Bella Hadid’s dad), other random glamorous names. They don’t really associate themselves, that’s the direction where higher level Muslims are headed.

Nonehxc

Been following the thread and news, but not actively participating. Some of the replies I've seen on here and other social media of folks trying to play the whatism and victim card for Palestinian is insane.

And the dancing around the story of the babies, why the hell are folk so hellbent on trying to debate if it happened or not? Babies, elderly, men, women and children and entire families were massacred in their homes.

Need checking over by a psychologist if you think it's some how less fucked if they weren't beheaded/burned. Innocent children slaughtered for some bullshit religion and a fight over land that isn't even theirs by terrorists.

Some of you guys need to pick up a history book and you'll soon see this argument for Palenstine being colonised falls apart quickly.

Good luck watching the fireworks 🎇 coming from the Golan Heights REEEEALLY close.

Like always, the Israelis are gonna get Old Testament on them, they will survive and persevere...

And they will fucking grab another big chunk of land.

And Arabs still don't learn, don't they?

Never put someone between a wall and a hard place, because the softest place is through your intestines.

Never give a man only two choices: die, or kill you.

Because HE WILL FUCKING KILL YOU. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, realistically it is one of the best chances that Iran, Hezbollah and IRGC has had in a long time (I don't think arab states will join them anyway). Especially with the west needing to deal with their own internal unrest due to public protests and Iran is sanctioned anyway so it won't change much for it in any case. Even with USA ships there, what are the chances that USA will use them to strike Hezbollah and IRGC that are moving through Syria and Lebanon? Would not be surprised if we will have another protests regarding american involvement in the middle east and so on. Plus we have american politicians condemning Israel too.

it can get very very ugly.

Last edited:

Nonehxc

Well, realistically it is one of the best chances that Iran, Hezbollah and IRGC has had in a long time (I don't think arab states will join them anyway). Especially with the west needing to deal with their own internal unrest due to public protests and Iran is sanctioned anyway so it won't change much for it in any case. Even with USA ships there, what are the chances that USA will use them to strike Hezbollah and IRGC that are moving through Syria and Lebanon? Would not be surprised if we will have another protests regarding american involvement in the middle east and so on. Plus we have american politicians condemning Israel too.

What will the left make of this?

Will they support it?

Because as far as I know, that would be terrorism apologism and radicalization in Western countries and that's a no no.

It's one thing to mistake Hamas for Palestinian arabs, but another to support a big spectrum of terrorist groups.

One is being retarded...

The other is being retarded AND in jail.

FunkMiller

I don't know if we're close to the stage of American military intervention as yet, but I'd imagine any kind of full scale movement of Iranian forces towards Israel will result in a lot of tomahawks being fired.

I'm afraid this is all starting to feel like some very stupid people wanting to poke the bear to see if it still has both claws and balls.

Raven117

I don't know if we're close to the stage of
I'm afraid this is all starting to feel like some very stupid people wanting to poke the bear to see if it still has both claws and balls.
I hope this is not the case.

America hasn’t had a chance to flex is military nuts in a traditional “go blow them up” way in a bit.

America is absolutely excellent at that kind of warfare.

FunkMiller

I hope this is not the case.

America hasn’t had a chance to flex is military nuts in a traditional “go blow them up” way in a bit.

America is absolutely excellent at that kind of warfare.

I’m afraid it feels like we’re at a time when a show of military force from the US & NATO is probably required.

The Biden Administration’s lack of full throated support for Ukraine against Russia has emboldened Putin’s Islamist allies, and hence we are where we are.

Last edited:

Raven117

I’m afraid it feels like we’re at a time when a show of military force from the US & NATO is probably required.

The Biden Administration’s lack of full throated support for Ukraine against Russia has emboldened Putin’s Islamist allies, and hence we are where we are.
May be right. But I suppose the silver lining if we go this route is that if America/West is successful, it backs the loonies off for a bit longer.

(I’m not convinced we are going this route yet)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
:(

Five Canadians killed in Israel after Hamas attack, Global Affairs confirms

OTTAWA — Global Affairs Canada is confirming the death of a fifth Canadian in Israel after a series of attacks by Hamas militants near the border with the Gaza Strip.

Officials say three other Canadians who were in Israel when the attacks happened last Saturday are still missing.

Canada considers Hamas a terrorist group, and Canadian leaders have decried the violence it waged last week near the Palestinian territory.

Julie Sunday, an assistant deputy minister for Global Affairs Canada, says the government is still working to get up to 300 Canadians and their relatives out of the Gaza Strip as Israel prepares an expected ground invasion.

She says another 250 Canadians may be able to leave the West Bank territory by bus next week.

Sunday also says Canadians should avoid travelling to Lebanon, where there have been violent clashes along the border with Israel.

Wildebeest

2011 Syrian Civil war
2012 US does jack shit
2013 US does jack shit
2014 US does jack shit
2014 Russian invasion of Crimea
2015 Russian deployment in Syria

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Looks like we're now blaming *checks notes* the British, in 1936, for LGBT people being murdered by default in present-day Gaza.

JuiAokt.png

aORHZpB.png

VortexCortex

Neo Member
Looks like we're now blaming *checks notes* the British, in 1936, for LGBT people being murdered by default in present-day Gaza.

JuiAokt.png

aORHZpB.png
Ah yes, a law we imposed on them many decades ago, that they've since had plenty of time to change like we did and many other countries.

Why do these morons like this always try to find a way to blame us Brits?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
It really annoys the fuck out of me when I see white people with zero Jewish or any Middle Eastern ancestry demonizing Israel on their main accounts on social media simply because they’re leftists

They think they’re experts when they’ve never been there and have no connection to the conflict
Yes. Actually, taking the religion aspect out of this whole conflict, there were Hamas terrorists who killed, raped, abducted kids, babies, teens, adults who were just having fun at a rave. All of this wouldn't have happened if they weren't terrorist. It's simple. Bad group doing bad things.

Meicyn

Gold Member

JuiAokt.png

aORHZpB.png
I’m really trying to not get angry at this bitch, but I’m failing. If a non-LGBT person made this kind of excuse, they’d be called homophobic. This is infantilizing grown-ass adults who are capable of making their own decisions. It doesn’t matter what is or isn’t criminalized in the past, present, or future. I don’t murder folks who steal from Walmart because it’s called being a decent human being.

ManaByte

Hypothetical question:

WWIII starts to once again eliminate Nazis.
US begins the draft.
Pro-terrorism Nazi college students get drafted.

What happens?

Meicyn

Gold Member
Hypothetical question:

WWIII starts to once again eliminate Nazis.
US begins the draft.
Pro-terrorism Nazi college students get drafted.

What happens?
We won’t do a draft. You don’t get good results from it, as history has shown.

The all-volunteer military works great. Plus, if there is a need, veterans like me will literally don our uniforms back on. I still have my uniform items in the spare bedroom.

Nonehxc

Ah yes, a law we imposed on them many decades ago, that they've since had plenty of time to change like we did and many other countries.

Why do these morons like this always try to find a way to blame us Brits?
I blame you for making the absolutely worst red wine I've ever drank. And I've drank my share of shitty wines, since I'm from Spain and here everybody and their dog makes wines 🫠🍷

Like a Mancunian once told me:

'Run from French beer and English wine'

Raven117

JuiAokt.png

aORHZpB.png
Is it that their minds just can’t understand that the West may not be the not oppressive people in the world? That in fact, it’s the most open and free society that has ever existed?

(Not negating the work that continues to be done, but recognizing how far society has come in the west)

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I don't follow politics that much and have tried to keep up with all of this conflict. Hamas massacred Israel innocent people. Israel retaliated with attacks on Palestine, with unfortunate innocent casualties. Why don't the Palestinians condemn the terrorists?

VortexCortex

Neo Member
I blame you for making the absolutely worst red wine I've ever drank. And I've drank my share of shitty wines, since I'm from Spain and here everybody and their dog makes wines 🫠🍷

I don't like wine at all, so I won't contest this lmao.

More a rum/whisky kinda guy.

Kraken is my go to for rum. As for whisky, anything from Scotland is nectar to me.

Nonehxc

I don't follow politics that much and have tried to keep up with all of this conflict. Hamas massacred Israel innocent people. Israel retaliated with attacks on Palestine, with unfortunate innocent casualties. Why don't the Palestinians condemn the terrorists?

Because their handlers, arms dealers and overlords want them to Mambo. Also seems they're gonna join the Mambo, at least a few.

Thing is, their dealers and handlers are pretty fucking occupied elsewhere in the world handling the onslaught of western steel and technology, and they're running out of toys.

So suffice to say they're gonna go in flames in a blaze of glory against the delicious Merkava Mark IV and other homegrown toys.

Wildebeest

Don't be mistaken, a lot of the popular beer you will find in Britain isn't worth using as drain cleaner, and buying the locally produced versions of European beers is a risk. But you still have choice, and home brewers can still make some very pleasant drinks.

jason10mm

Gold Member

I think it's quite possible that US assets will prevent things like iranian/hezbollah air assets from operating, as well as provide more accurate Intel beyond what Israel can get on its own. Just like what the US did in Ukraine. Cell phone data, sat images, etc. Plus ops like this probably bring out enemy leaders to help coordinate activity and they become vulnerable versus when they spend months underground somewhere. You can't orchestrate at this level using paper notes and courier or other low tech solutions. The more they have to use modern tech, the easier it is to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom