• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

Tempo rogue is busted. What an unfun deck to go against.

And im done rank 5 jesus just a giant wall of Rogues and Priests. In my entire climb 1 Paladin.

Tunoku

Yay, didn't expect to make it to Rank 5 for the first time, but had a couple of nice win streaks today:

screenshot2017-09-292y4sbw.png

### Midrange
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Crackling Razormaw
# 2x (2) Golakka Crawler
# 2x (2) Kindly Grandmother
# 2x (2) Scavenging Hyena
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Bearshark
# 1x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 2x (4) Houndmaster
# 2x (5) Bittertide Hydra
# 2x (6) Savannah Highmane
#
AAECAR8CxQjbCQ6oArUD6weXCO0JgQr+DLm0Auq7Aq/CAuTCAuvCAo7DAtfNAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm kinda playing Fire Fly because I don't have Patches, but honestly it doesn't feel necessary at all. Fire Fly is quite good against the mirror and your Patches package seems worse against other Patches decks that can utilize it better.

Yay, didn't expect to make it to Rank 5 for the first time, but had a couple of nice win streaks today:

screenshot2017-09-292y4sbw.png
That's great Patches is particularly bad in the Hunter mirror where a Golakka Crawler eating your pirate is a huge tempo loss.
I'll often hold my pirates until I can trade them off right away or eat one with my own crawler.

manhack

that is why I don't care anymore about how much people whine..

I now try to move on those comments/posts

Exactly I've had some of the most fun in some of the most hated meta-games and been bored in the best meta-games.

Part of it is that I take a break and focus on other activities when I get bored and come back full swing when I'm engaged in the game.

Tunoku

I'm actually having fun against the Rogue deck as Hunter. Feel like the matchup is winnable even with an early Keleseth and fairly interactive.

Opponent plays Tortollan Primalist (why), picks Bane of Doom, randomly hits the only 2HP minion on the board, summons a Doomguard. Couldn't hit concede fast enough.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
God dammit. Quest today is play 50 warrior cards. Can't reroll cause 60g, but playing warrior blows right now. Game is hard.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sad at how bad Control Shaman is now. I can't even get it to 50% and all I usually do is play control shaman. Jade sucks, N'Zoth sucks, Crusher sucks, Elemental sucks. They all suck. There's no way to ever gain initative before dieing, because all the stall tools leave you with a chain of overload to always be behind tempo.

It's really annoying that they chose right now to nerf Hex. I totally agree that card deserved the nerf, but why right now? Why not wait for the next expansion where you can also buff the archetype? I guess because it's not meta right now means it's ok to screw over those of us that like to play it even when it's not meta? That makes no sense.

Hex is now probably slightly worse than polymorph and for this particular meta neither are worth playing in any deck. You're not really gaining any ground using it on a 5/5 which already buffed a minion or made your hero power cost 0.

It would probably be playable if Healing Wave and Elemental Destruction were still standard. Healing wave lets you stall a turn for only 3 mana and no overload. Elemental Destruction let you have enough mana left over to actually create a big swing turn that might take them two turns to deal with, unlike something like Volcano which usually doesn't leave you enough mana to do anything meaningful on the same turn, while also making your next turn weaker.

You can play it in wild but wild also has a lot bigger power level overall to go against, and there's not really anything it can do vs giants.

It's bizarre that we never got a replacement for Healing Wave. 1/3 of what Shaman do in WoW is heal. Shaman are just as healing oriented as Paladins are.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess at least they're starting to set up Freeze Shaman to eventually maybe be good. Too bad in it's current form it's just wasting a ton of shaman class card slots to one of the worst archetypes ever.

IceMarker

I guess at least they're starting to set up Freeze Shaman to eventually maybe be good. Too bad in it's current form it's just wasting a ton of shaman class card slots to one of the worst archetypes ever.

They must be trying really hard to make Frost Shock actually fit in a Shaman deck.

On the other hand, after the previous Brawl where we played the recipe decks, does anyone else feel like "Freeze Mage", AKA Lich Mage, has a ton of potential in a different meta?

sibarraz

Banned
Returned after 2 week hiatus, and holy shit, not only prince keleseth is in a top competitive deck, but also a tier 1 too?

I guess that he will join the list of cards that when evaluated, most of us got totally wrong

It's bizarre that we never got a replacement for Healing Wave. 1/3 of what Shaman do in WoW is heal. Shaman are just as healing oriented as Paladins are.

They got several healing minions and at least one healing spell. Just no big heal face spell atm. It's split between damage and healing.

Of the minions that have heals they might have the most atm. You got the 3 mana heal, 4 mana heal, kalimos. Probably only second to paladin in terms of minions that heal.

They got several healing minions and at least one healing spell. Just no big heal face spell atm. It's split between damage and healing.

Of the minions that have heals they might have the most atm. You got the 3 mana heal, 4 mana heal, kalimos. Probably only second to paladin in terms of minions that heal.

Oh sure, but I mean spells. Though I suppose Hallazeal could count there.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Returned after 2 week hiatus, and holy shit, not only prince keleseth is in a top competitive deck, but also a tier 1 too?

I guess that he will join the list of cards that when evaluated, most of us got totally wrong

Wow, you're right. It's apparently a 1.82 average here? 8th lowest rated card in the entire set. Even before nerfs let it raise to the top, it wasn't nearly that bad.

Makes me happy I wasn't reading many reactions to bias me away from giving it a 4. Looks like SonicXtreme also gave it a 4. SonicXtreme also was one of the three to give spreading plague a 5.

BreezyLimbo is the only one to give keleseth a 5, and is thusly maybe the only one to get it completely right? I'm not sure if it's a 4 or a 5.

Maybe the badness of 3 drop prince made everyone biased against the other two? But even 3 drop prince has potential for future synergies.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It could become good if there's ever a card or group of cards printed to make Rogue and Priest's 1/1 copy mechanics become a top tier mechanic, or a class card like that is printed outside of those two classes.

Like if Blood of The Ancient One was 7 mana or less and did something that's not destroyed by every single target removal effect in the game.

By the way, does Prince Taldaram work with Uther's horsemen, or do you need to summon 4 unique horsemen?

scarlet

OMG this steacher guy on korea major playing priest horribly. Instead of setting lethal, he kept removing minions. He still won though. But it was so frustrating to watch.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I remember when they "nerfed" the Rogue Quest. Despite doing so I've yet to encounter a person playing this deck, that wasn't immediately handed the cards they needed to pull it off in a few turns.

RNG sure is helping them out as much as it helps Hunters who just happen to play the same exact cards in the first couple turns of every match I play against them. Random my ass.

That's my venting for today. Needed to get that out of my system.

Dre

It could become good if there's ever a card or group of cards printed to make Rogue and Priest's 1/1 copy mechanics become a top tier mechanic, or a class card like that is printed outside of those two classes.

Like if Blood of The Ancient One was 7 mana or less and did something that's not destroyed by every single target removal effect in the game.

By the way, does Prince Taldaram work with Uther's horsemen, or do you need to summon 4 unique horsemen?

The effect needs all four unique horsemen to trigger.
I know because I play the Panda/Garrison Commander version in Wild and lost a couple of games because of it.

Pay to win with just 50 minutes remaining.

Final boss was an exodia mage and I won in my favourite manner, denying them the space to go off. I mind control'd his Doomsayer when he had 3 mirror images and the ghostly conjurer on board giving me 1 more turn to burn him out.

Top Bottom