• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

scarlet

Only had 2 cards left against fatigue warrior and I got a copy of his dead man's hand from glimmerroot with my combo pieces on my hand x)

I found Toshley's Station in WoW, so I now know where Toshley comes from. It's really weird that he looks like the gnome version of Brian Kibler in game, while his card looks like a completely different person. It's especially funny that they had enough attention to detail to make him be fighting the same enemies that are right outside his camp, but enough creative freedom to randomly give him an eyepatch.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Toshley

Also, his camp is the first time I've heard the Gnomeregan music, and it's cool and weird to hear all the various GvG legendary entrance music mashed up into one coherent song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL-j8h0r2Q8

It's a lot of fun exploring WoW when you have these characters stuck in your head from hearthstone. I'm sure I'd forget most of these quest givers and enemies if I was going from WoW to hearthstone, but it's impossible to forget any halfway decent hearthstone card. Might need to go on a search for some of the biggest named hearthstone legendaries that doesn't seem big in wow, like Dr Boom, just to see them.

If you're curious about where Dr Boom is :
There's a quest in Area 52 where you have to go take out him and his boom bots

Zoggy

Totem Golem came first, though, and shaman only got really out of control once they got stuff like the 4 mana 7/7.
Aggro shaman became t1/t2 when tunnel trogg released.

It was tuskar totemic and totem golem and thunderbluff valiant that were “meh” cards until tunnel trigg

Pooya

I don't have shaku on my eu account, replaced it with mindbreaker, it's the most stats you play without any downside in rogue on 3, it doesn't matter your hero power is disabled when you dagger up on two almost everytime in prince deck.

I know it doesn't do shit against priest but holy shit, it completely destroyed this shaman. I clear his board and played this on 3, he couldn't kill it, he couldn't roll totem. it was hilarious how strong it is against shaman. It doesn't die to jade lightning, basically you gotta devolve it if you don't have a board. Not having totem pressure on me turned the match up from unfavored to a joke. lol

This warlock couldn't kill it too, couldn't tap, pretty funny. I don't mind it against hunter either when you get board control and they just try to steadyshot you down, It's only useless against priest lol. So overall the value is there imo, if you don't have shaku, I'd say it's a better replacement than Xaril or whatever else in this deck since I'm playing prince4 too.

Szadek

I don't have shaku on my eu account, replaced it with mindbreaker, it's the most stats you play without any downside in rogue on 3, it doesn't matter your hero power is disabled when you dagger up on two almost everytime in prince deck.

I know it doesn't do shit against priest but holy shit, it completely destroyed this shaman. I clear his board and played this on 3, he couldn't kill it, he couldn't roll totem. it was hilarious how strong it is against shaman. It doesn't die to jade lightning, basically you gotta devolve it if you don't have a board. Not having totem pressure on me turned the match up from unfavored to a joke. lol

This warlock couldn't kill it too, couldn't tap, pretty funny. I don't mind it against hunter either when you get board control and they just try to steadyshot you down, It's only useless against priest lol. So overall the value is there imo, if you don't have shaku, I'd say it's a better replacement than Xaril or whatever else in this deck since I'm playing prince4 too.
Mind breaker can prevents 2/4 damage from razakus priest.

a mindbreaker can also shut down their combo completely. If you get into a battle of attrition with say something like control paladin, the only threat remains the velen combo in the late game. If you can land something like Mind Breaker + Redemption you're in fine shape.

Bunga

Pirate Warrior has me down to 3hp and I have nothing but x2 Spikeridge in hand. Top deck murloc Inquisitor, Spikeridge it. Next turn top deck Inquisitor, Spikeridge it. Next turn Blessing of Kings and he concedes. Pretty funny - I was probably lucky to escape getting Mortal Strike'd but always satisfying to grasp victory from the jaws of defeat against an aggro deck.

wiibomb

to add a little more that is in the thread, this is the artwork of the card:

WShhHAk.png

just a little nugget while we wait for the announcement since there isn't anything revealed about what the card does.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing a couple fun games with my fiance to finish our quests together and she proposed an idea for a game mode that I hadn't considered.

Essentially a mode where Nozdormu is active all the time. Every turn begins with the rope. I think that might be really fun to have as a tavern brawl. No more counting to see if you have lethal, there's no time! Just make good plays and hope that it works out. LOL.

wiibomb

I was playing a couple fun games with my fiance to finish our quests together and she proposed an idea for a game mode that I hadn't considered.

Essentially a mode where Nozdormu is active all the time. Every turn begins with the rope. I think that might be really fun to have as a tavern brawl. No more counting to see if you have lethal, there's no time! Just make good plays and hope that it works out. LOL.

I've wanted that tavern brawl since someone proposed it on reddit..

sounds really fun, how did it turned out for you?

Tagyhag

During the Brawl, both times that I tried to put Argus between 2 minions he would just go all the way to the right, so damn weird.

Heropon

As much as I get annoyed by all the decks running Patches and his friends for some reason what makes me get really angry is Bloodreaver Gul'dan after they've played every single answer to everything I use. It makes my blood boil. I really, really despise that DK, more than any other. Maybe it's irrational but ugh.

I came back to this, have no cards, and now the new Brawl is about rares killing my decks with no rares.

edit: I do have a functional priest control so I can always play that in Tavern Brawl too.

Speaking of big priest, why do the 1/1 from Barnes get their normal stats when you silence them?

Because they're copies with a 1/1 effect applied to them, meaning you can silence them for their full amount lol.

Not an oversight, that's just how Barnes works. And I imagine having to code in 1/1 copies of every possible card would be tedious work, so they simply apply a buff that sets it to 1/1.

joelseph

Already rank 9 after only a couple games on the train a day, I think I'm gonna go for legend this month with Tempo Rogue. The greatest class has risen once again.

Bunga

Got bored and crafted DK Jaina and Gul'Dan - having fun with both but Jaina feels borderline unplayable a lot of the time because of the 9-mana cost. Would it be overpowered if it was 8 mana so you could HP on the same turn it is played?

EverVigilant

Neo Member
Druids with 3+ spreading plagues in arena is crazy. It's even crazier when you've dropped a Noz beforehand and it's a frantic race to kill all their crap before the rope burns!

wiibomb

Metalists are getting a really beefy competitor.

https://hsreplay.net/meta/

This seems a lot better than vs but for the fact that you have to have premium membership to access all the data.

I frankly prefer larger trends rather than narrower windows so it'll probably be good enough to me.

this seems a little better than VS just for the fact that it is accessible enough to check it anytime instead of waiting a whole week for a report.

the bad part is that premium fee to check the full data

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The cost of HSReplay premium always seemed like a bit too much for me. Only worth it if you're super hardcore and race to legend every month.

Top Bottom