• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

I think what he said is pretty fair.

keleseth makes the whole deck more powerful, but you need tempo to feel the effect, if you play keleseth you just don't expect to win on the turn it is played, it heavily influences the rest of the game, but it isn't game breaking. You don't even feel any kind effect if by any chance on your next turn you don't draw a minion (the only thing the card changes)

What donais said was right. You can get very little value off keleseth even on turn 2 which is why people stopped automatically shadowstepping keleseth on turn 2 in certain match ups.

I've won enough rogue mirrors with the list where I never draw keleseth because they play him and they don't draw a 3 or 4 drop. And the game is decided around turn 7 when I land a bonemare and clear their board or go face. It's actually pretty insightful from donais tbh.

fertygo

Blizzard, the thing is, Keleseth Deck is an aggro deck, and they play patches so no such a thing keleseth made they fall behind

ugh

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can't see how a new core set wouldn't mean we 80% get cards like "totally not fireball".

There will always been cards like Fireball. There always should be cards like Fireball. But that doesn't mean that card has to be Fireball. Printing a Fireball-esque card at a different mana cost and/or damage level will still change up the meta game because it would alter the stage of the game where your minions could get easily removed or you risk getting your face blown out. It's still change.

Plus, you can rebalance that core set to fix some of the issues of the original core set or the one before it and have an easier time printing expansion cards because you don't have to feel like you have to print around deficiencies of the core set. In the basic set now, Priest has shitty minions. Paladin has no early game. Rogue's only powerful draw engine is Gadgetzan Auctioneer. Mage just has the most blatantly powerful basic spells and dominates arena. Shaman has no identity. You can fix these problems with a new core set.

Is a single class legendary apart from the dks actually seeing play? I can't remember half of them.

Srsly wtf is the rogue class legendary

lilian voss, change your spells into random spells from opponent's class, 4 mana 4/5

It's not the worst card ever but... I feel like for this to ever see play there needs to be more synergy with stolen cards beyond obsidian shard (awkward) and ethereal peddler (more like this).

lilian voss, change your spells into random spells from opponent's class, 4 mana 4/5

It's not the worst card ever but... I feel like for this to ever see play there needs to be more synergy with stolen cards beyond obsidian shard (awkward) and ethereal peddler (more like this).

*Has Vanish, Preparation, Lillian Ross, Eviscerate, and Cold blood in hand*
Let's pop Ross for some crazy fun!
*Gets Mirror Images, Arcane Missiles, Flame Geyser, Arcane Explosion*

BEST
CARD
EVER

This is why Discardlock will never be a thing:
https://clips.twitch.tv/ScrumptiousSparklyPigeonGingerPower

Remember when Warlock used to beat Priest?
https://twitter.com/hunteracehs/status/914811765476560896

https://clips.twitch.tv/KitschyCautiousEmuTBTacoRight

There will always been cards like Fireball. There always should be cards like Fireball. But that doesn't mean that card has to be Fireball. Printing a Fireball-esque card at a different mana cost and/or damage level will still change up the meta game because it would alter the stage of the game where your minions could get easily removed or you risk getting your face blown out. It's still change.

Plus, you can rebalance that core set to fix some of the issues of the original core set or the one before it and have an easier time printing expansion cards because you don't have to feel like you have to print around deficiencies of the core set. In the basic set now, Priest has shitty minions. Paladin has no early game. Rogue's only powerful draw engine is Gadgetzan Auctioneer. Mage just has the most blatantly powerful basic spells and dominates arena. Shaman has no identity. You can fix these problems with a new core set.

I just wonder how much they can do with a 9-class design space. LOL @ Shaman, though. I agree.

Shaman identity in a nutshell:
https://clips.twitch.tv/StupidHappyLampPeteZarollTie

wiibomb

I think the number of games where you play Keleseth on turn two and get "literally zero effect" is signifcantly less than 1%.

Is it fair to say that dropping Kel on 2 isn't an autowin? Yes, it's fair. But to say that he gets zero effect in some games? That's just nuts.

you are describing what a good legendary does... affect the board significantly enough in some circumstances while on others being complete crap. Not just outright break the game when played

I never said it doesn't do anything, only that it needs time (tempo) to feel any effect. Of course a turn 2 keleseth is pretty big, you are describing the literal best case of the optimal play of that card.

TankUP

I have no problem with Keleseth. I just thought the situation described (Kel on two vs an aggro deck and then you brick your next two draws) is such a weird, specific thing to call out.

wiibomb

Do you think we see quests again. I feel like there is potential with the concept

I feel we will see them again next year with the new sets.

either that or they will keep them hidden until 2019 when these quests rotate out of standard to keep a kind of 2 year plan set in stone for HS on the future.

I also think the same of Hero cards and I suspect them to release a new type of card for december's expansion

Is a single class legendary apart from the dks actually seeing play? I can't remember half of them.

Srsly wtf is the rogue class legendary, oh right the awful yeti.

I'm still wondering whose idea was it to print Hadronox.

-Brings back Taunts for a class with underwhelming ones
-Effect is a Deathrattle, making it an easy silence/transform target
-Stats are terrible for triggering said Deathrattle

scarlet

Hadronox problem is its deathrattle and high health. If its a battlecry, it would be great, but having deathrattle is really easy to screw it around. And with high health it's not really easy to kill and you want it dead ASAP, unless you naturalize it for immediate effect.

Edit:

wo09cCV.jpg

I finally saw unlicensed apothecary combo happened!

Szadek

The randomness is indeed the biggest problem with Disco Warlock.
There are a few ways to make a deck like that work.
Warlocks could get a ton of minions that benefit from being discarded, like Dark World in yugioh, or controllable RNG like in Shadowverse ("Discard the lowest cost card").
To be fair, Dark World was cards like this:

fertygo

is that the keleseth guldan deck? Seems decent but I've seen so many Guldans discarded before my opponents could make use of it.

Well of course most of the time if its a good doomguard play, you just roll with it and dont mind discarding guldan

you want to win before 10 anyway, Guldan is just an extra out

IMO the list without it not that far more consistent anyway so might as well live dangerous with Guldan

wiibomb

the closest we have been of zoolock again since PO rotation is this keleseth deck going around with a lot of 1 drops

I just crafted keleseth for that deck and welp, it's pretty powerful, alright.

rahji

damn, how to beat mage in arena when you are in top deck war and he has the death knight? It is just not possible if you don't have a significant advantage on board. It is one card which determines the fate of that game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
damn, how to beat mage in arena when you are in top deck war and he has the death knight? It is just not possible if you don't have a significant advantage on board. It is one card which determines the fate of that game.

Someone in arena having a DK in general is basically an auto loss if the game is going long.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

They are announcing a thing at BlizzCon, confirmed.

As usual then we can expect there to be a trailer, some small amount of cards shown, a playable demo area with 2 decks that are quite bad, and a bunch of Hearthstone Esports that week.

Ho hum. Was hoping this might be the year they would actually make some significant improvements to the ladder.

I'm still wondering whose idea was it to print Hadronox.

-Brings back Taunts for a class with underwhelming ones
-Effect is a Deathrattle, making it an easy silence/transform target
-Stats are terrible for triggering said Deathrattle

it's the textbook card that will get stupid strong in 1-2 expansions. it's just tunnel trogg waiting for its totem golem.

manhack

Ho hum. Was hoping this might be the year they would actually make some significant improvements to the ladder.

We don't know that they aren't doing that. In fact Ben Brode pretty much confirmed ladder changes coming next year. I'm at work and can't dig up the quote, but I remember it pretty clearly.

fertygo

We don't know that they aren't doing that. In fact Ben Brode pretty much confirmed ladder changes coming next year. I'm at work and can't dig up the quote, but I remember it pretty clearly.

Mike Donais also said ladder change that gonna satisfy experienced player is coming, but he give no time table

Pooya

Man, playing hunter turns you toxic. This big priest guy had Barnes on 4, of course it rolled statue and had both rezes, all killing my best guys including a 10 attack hyena that would have been lethal. In the end I still won but emoted the shit out of him, roped him then hit him in the face with Leeroy. lol screw your stupid deck.

Miletius

Man, playing hunter turns you toxic. This big priest guy had Barnes on 4, of course it rolled statue and had both rezes, all killing my best guys including a 10 attack hyena that would have been lethal. In the end I still won but emoted the shit out of him, roped him then hit him in the face with Leeroy. lol screw your stupid deck.

I approve, but it's because I think Big Priest is probably the stupidest deck in all of HS. That deck should be punished.

Cat Party

Now I know why you got so mad at me for saying Leeroy should be HOF'd...

Tagyhag

Beating a pirate warrior on Casual with a random "Play X cards" quest deck feels so good.

Go to Ranked with that tryhard shit.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I found Toshley's Station in WoW, so I now know where Toshley comes from. It's really weird that he looks like the gnome version of Brian Kibler in game, while his card looks like a completely different person. It's especially funny that they had enough attention to detail to make him be fighting the same enemies that are right outside his camp, but enough creative freedom to randomly give him an eyepatch.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Toshley

Also, his camp is the first time I've heard the Gnomeregan music, and it's cool and weird to hear all the various GvG legendary entrance music mashed up into one coherent song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL-j8h0r2Q8

It's a lot of fun exploring WoW when you have these characters stuck in your head from hearthstone. I'm sure I'd forget most of these quest givers and enemies if I was going from WoW to hearthstone, but it's impossible to forget any halfway decent hearthstone card. Might need to go on a search for some of the biggest named hearthstone legendaries that doesn't seem big in wow, like Dr Boom, just to see them.

Top Bottom