• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Warlock outside of Zoo is damned dead on ladder. LOL if you think demon/maly/handlock/etc has a chance in hell. I think i'm like 20% win rate across the spectrum on those against all the disgusting board flooding aggro.

I tried to player handlock this season, then i cried myself to sleep,secret paladin seems like a worst matchup than demon zoo. Anyway handlock is not dead on ranks 5 and up in NA, i have encountered a couple of them today and yesterday when playing control warrior.

I really like Nexus-Champion Saraad in control Warrior.

I got Feral Spirit and Duplicate off him. Druid used Swipe to kill my Saraad duplicating him.

"I concede to you."

Would you mind posting your list? I put nexus in my cw warrior and it definitely has potential, at the worst it's a 4/5 taunt, anyway here's my list:

4rIsAuq.png

Minsc

Gold Member
I tried to player handlock this season, then i cried myself to sleep,secret paladin seems like a worst matchup than demon zoo. Anyway handlock is not dead on ranks 5 and up in NA, i have encountered a couple of them today and yesterday when playing control warrior.

Yeah, I guess I more meant that trying to play another warlock deck besides zoolock on the ladder and you're asking for grief and a quick, painful death over and over. Maybe it's better after rank 5, but I was around rank 11, and it is impossible up at that rank (got to rank 13 after two days of deck tweaking, nothing short of gutting it for zoo does anything - even adding in every aoe, heal, and chows isn't enough).

Dahbomb

I was trying to teach a friend some Hearthstone and showing him off Handlock. I was like "Handlock is one of the best decks in the game, just watch it in action".

Match one Hunter Midrange, I get destroyed. "Oh that's a bad match up, the hero power runs counter to my own and they have very aggressive openers".

Match two Paladin, I lose. "Yeah that's a bad match up, they have early aggression and they can shutdown my giants with Equality plays".

Match three Druid, I lose to combo. "Yeah my Molten Giants are useless in this match up and Druids can easily kill me at 14 health".

Friend: "Breh I thought you said Handlock was good in this? Every match you have played thus far is a bad/unfavored match up!"

In other news the ATLC finals start today so join in the GAF chat for some good times.

You know, nothing gets under my skin more than the opponent topdecking the exact card he needs to kill me. Fucking hell

I lot of people fell that way, but they really have no idea what the other guy has in his deck. I've had some salty people add me as a friend to cry about how I topdecked just the right card to kill them and skillz and all that. Yet about 70% of my the cards in my deck would have given me the win at that point, so it was more difficult to top deck something that didn't win.

Of course I've also had the perfect Quick Shot into Kill Command for exact lethal that understandably gets the opponent salty.

Warlock outside of Zoo is damned dead on ladder. LOL if you think demon/maly/handlock/etc has a chance in hell. I think i'm like 20% win rate across the spectrum on those against all the disgusting board flooding aggro.

But Zoo is really good right now. I continue to do well with Fist of Jraxxus. It's nice to draw 2 cards a turn when you're completely out of gas.

Lupercal

Banned
Been watching some Twitch streams and Inspire Warrior seems pretty great to play.
To bad I don't nearly have the dust/cards for it. To many legendaries.

I run into plenty of handlock. The fact that Zoo can get out board controlled at times by the hyper efficient early pile of Paladin garbage makes it less than appealing, not to mention the Patron problem Zoo has always had.

Speaking of Patron I finally am playing it and it's real nice. It seems more durable and proactive than my other main deck (Freeze Mage) and finishes games much faster.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
MC is always turn 6, without exception.

I keep MC in my opening hand as secret Paladin. I don't care if I draw into a second one. I don't care that it costs 6 mana. I win because I play MC on 6, so I need to guarantee that.

Archon Team League finale weekend starts in about 30ish minutes. If you need a invite for the Neogaf Hearthstone chatroom quote this and post your twitch name.

I keep MC in my opening hand as secret Paladin. I don't care if I draw into a second one. I don't care that it costs 6 mana. I win because I play MC on 6, so I need to guarantee that.

The only time I would ever toss it back is if you literally had zero plays before turn 4. Mysterious Challenger when you've already lost the board is easy to beat, so you have to have some interaction early to back it up. Good thing there's nothing but best-in-class cards like coghammer, juggler, muster for bullshit, minibot, and whatever other value drops you want to play before dropping a doctor 6.

Yeah I play the aggro version, so it is stupid easy to get early plays.

Everyone should, between just regular eboladin curveouts and divine favor blowouts, the deck prints free wins.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The only time I would ever toss it back is if you literally had zero plays before turn 4. Mysterious Challenger when you've already lost the board is easy to beat.

Yeah I play the aggro version, so it is stupid easy to get early plays.

I was trying to teach a friend some Hearthstone and showing him off Handlock. I was like "Handlock is one of the best decks in the game, just watch it in action".

Match one Hunter Midrange, I get destroyed. "Oh that's a bad match up, the hero power runs counter to my own and they have very aggressive openers".

Match two Paladin, I lose. "Yeah that's a bad match up, they have early aggression and they can shutdown my giants with Equality plays".

Match three Druid, I lose to combo. "Yeah my Molten Giants are useless in this match up and Druids can easily kill me at 14 health".

Friend: "Breh I thought you said Handlock was good in this? Every match you have played thus far is a bad/unfavored match up!"

In other news the ATLC finals start today so join in the GAF chat for some good times.

This is like you telling your friend watch my Wesker. Lol

Drop all the TGT cards.

What else gave you the 20 damage though?

I agree bloodlust is much underrated. People still don't pick it, even in arena, because a streamer said two years ago it is a "win more card", forgetting of course that winning is a good thing to do.

I missed this post, but I got lethal by the 2 1/1 creeper tokens, one totem from hero power and fire elemental (4+4+9+3). 12 damage burst for 5 mana is pretty damn nice.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
i got owned by double combo druid twice in row as control warrior, what is this game blizzard? They were even different druids for fuvks sake
tears.gif

Haunted

Well, he's not wrong.

Doesn't matter if your deck is a 7-3 against most other decks when the majority of ranked is the two or three decks it loses against. :p

Would you mind posting your list? I put nexus in my cw warrior and it definitely has potential, at the worst it's a 4/5 taunt, anyway here's my list:

http://i.imgur.com/4rIsAuq.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Here's my list. Card missing at the bottom is Alexstrasza.

I don't have Geddon or I'd probably run it over the Whirlwind. I'm also considering cutting Thaurissan for a bigger threat to see if that works a little better.

[QUOTE][IMG]http://abload.de/img/controlwarriorzfsqa.jpg

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Here's my list. Card missing at the bottom is Alexstrasza.

I don't have Geddon or I'd probably run it over the Whirlwind. I'm also considering cutting Thaurissan for a bigger threat to see if that works a little better.

Thanks for posting it! I would say cutting emperor is worth it, like another gaffer said you rarely have the cards to make emperor really good compared to other classes, most of the time you discount like 4 cards. Also it's interesting that you use both whirldwind and revenge, i only use revenge and it works pretty well.

Thanks for posting it! I would say cutting emperor is worth it, like another gaffer said you rarely have the cards to make emperor really good compared to other classes, most of the time you discount like 4 cards. Also it's interesting that you use both whirldwind and revenge, i only use revenge and it works pretty well.

Yeah I think I will cut Emperor, not sure for what though.

Also I was running Sneed's over the Whirlwind but I was running into a ton of Paladins which is why I threw that in there. I would definitely prefer Geddon if I had it, maybe I'll just craft him.

Dahbomb

He did had a good reasoning for it, he said that in the late game a heal can be the difference between life and death and to play ysera means paying 2 life.
Yeah I don't disagree with that I just think he's forgetting that Paeltress has 4 health and when they were reviewing Savage Combatant (which is an amazing, competitive card) he was going ham on the 4 health saying nothing survives with 4 health.

IMO that is what makes or breaks Paeltress. If she had 5 health and 4 attack then she would be very strong. At 4 health, you REALLY REALLY need the card that pops out to be a good Legendary.

So the four health boogaboo isn't nearly a big deal with Paletress as it is with Combatant-Paletress is an finisher play, but you want combatant to get in and go hard in the paint on the same turns that you have piloted shredders and death bites w/ one charge left running around.

Those priest decks grind you into a pulp and you generally scoop to one activation of ysera after they get board-in that case, you'd probably scoop just as fast to X random legendary put right into play, and you get a heal to boot instead of it taking the entire turn.

Dahbomb

It's not a big deal with Savage Combatant either.

Savage Combatant is actually the best after an Innervate OR on turn 6 and later.

Turn 1/2 Innervate Savage Combatant is INSANE because you threaten 8 damage per turn OR you threaten to eat up their 2 drops with the hero power while doing 5 face damage. It's insanely devastating.

At turn 6 you can use Savage Combatant as a pseudo Fire Elemental to gain some board control which is pretty decent.

Savage Combatant is a skill card, you have to know when to use it properly it's not a dumb put down on turn 4 card like Shredder. It's also a counter to Shredder because if they play Shredder then you can kill the main body with the Savage Combatant ability (because Shredder has 3 health).

This is also why I think people are a bit incorrect comparing it to Shredder because Savage Combatant is used ALONGSIDE Shredders in Druid (as they run multiple 4 drops now). It's vastly superior to Yeti that some players are using IMO.

TL;DR: 4 health isn't that big of a deal as long as the card has some flexibility in its use. Neither Paeltress nor Combatant are just vanilla 5/4.... they do something other than just be a 5/4 body. Paeltress just has a considerable RNG factor alongside a considerable cost which is why I am hesitant to call it too strong.

Dahbomb

I don't think sticky is the correct word because it's still a 5/4 body BUT the ability generates so much value or threat that even if it dies it does end up doing some work in the end (either face damage or damage on minions). If you got to kill a 2/3 or 3/2 body plus they had to use a small removal to kill the Combatant (or another minion) then you already got value off of Combatant. Similarly if it got to do like 16 face damage before getting removed by Death's Bite then it also generated insane DPS value.

I don't think sticky is the correct word because it's still a 5/4 body BUT the ability generates so much value or threat that even if it dies it does end up doing some work in the end (either face damage or damage on minions). If you got to kill a 2/3 or 3/2 body plus they had to use a small removal to kill the Combatant (or another minion) then you already got value off of Combatant. Similarly if it got to do like 16 face damage before getting removed by Death's Bite then it also generated insane DPS value.

Just in terms of how long it lives vs. when I play against it, for a value/engine four health minion it usually lives a good turn or longer than you'd expect.

Just tuned in to the ATLC and it sounds like shit, is it on my end or theirs?

It is everyone, not just you. Firebat is getting his revenge on Team Archon?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Just in terms of how long it lives vs. when I play against it, for a value/engine four health minion it usually lives a good turn or longer than you'd expect.

It is everyone, not just you. Firebat is getting his revenge on Team Archon?

What do you mean revenge? I did hear something about firebat in amaz stream but i didn't really get it, can you explain?

Dahbomb

Mysterious Challenger summons the Perfect Tree (aka 5 secrets) and then gets the win from there.

First time seen in a big tournament setting folks.

Also Savage Combatant sighted in the tournament.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't really trust Reynad with Priest. I think Zetalot is a better guide, and he also likes it, but isn't sure it's better than Ysera yet.
Reynad is basing this off his connections into Chinese Hearthstone, where the top priest players are running Paeltress over Ysera.

Opiate

Ekop really does not like Tempo Storm. He made one joke/dig, but just in case you thought that was playful, he made another, and then another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom