• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

They are both really good cards, more on the aggro side.

Fjola with cold bloods or blessing or might is stupid. Repeatable divine shield on a 6+/4 is pretty much insane value. Go straight into eboladin.

Eydis is similar but i think if i'm buffing my minions, i'd rather them having divine shield than deal 3 damage. Exceptions for things like PO of course.

georly

Priest spell is most assuredly power word: fortitude

How will that be any different from power word shield or divine spirit? Just a bigger power word shield?

I'd like a power word barrier (3 mana, +2 health to all friendly minions, draw a card)
power word solace (deal damage, regenerate a mana crystal)
spirit shell (your hero power gives minions +1 health instead)
prayer of mending (whenever this minion takes damage, heal it for 2 and move this ability to another random friendly minion)

Damn. Those cards should be very nice in a Priest deck. Paladin too if you build a deck around the buffs Paladin's have. Comes more natural though for Priests since they usually run at least PW: Shield. Velen's Chosen is even more dangerous.

embalm

Thought I would share an img link for those at work.

YN8QDVv.jpg

gutshot

They're on Blizzard's website.

Clearly someone hacked Blizzard's website and uploaded fake cards. These jokers will stop at nothing to fool us!

On a more serious note, this Fjola Lightbane is actually somewhat similar to the leaked Fjola. I wonder if that was a legit leak from an earlier build of TGT or if it was just a coincidence?

Tubie

I could just replace one Injured Blademaster for Fjola or Eydis and they would work perfectly in my current Priest deck.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
The new legendaries are outsanding for my old buffing paladin. It used to play 2 blessing of might and 2 kings as activators for nerubian egg along with 2 scarlet purifiers. I got the deck to top 16 legend back in the undertaker deathrattle meta but when undertaker got nerfed the effectiveness of the deck dropped off.

It was a chain reaction of purifier isn't good enough anymore -> lose 2 egg activators -> buffs not good enough anymore. Utilizing these legendaries in place of the old purifiers might allow it to make a comeback!

Pooya

Lightbane could be a good early drop for warrior actually, hit it with inner rage, gain divine shield. pretty big threat.

Decks build around spare parts can make them work too but they would come too late. Mage can't really use these even there.

Darkbane could work like a even more powerful flamewaker for priest, it can do like 3x3 damage in one turn. shield/shield/circle of healing.
edit: actually scratch that circle of healing, I was thinking something with Holy Champion.

I think eydis has potential. In spare parts at least half of them work with it well, and the rest can be used to activate at a cost.

+1 atk
+1 hp
reverse stats
taunt
---
stealth (breaks stealth)
return to hand (should still activate)
freeze

I kinda think of shaman cause of rockbiter, ancestral spirit, and even ancestral healing. Add in one or two spare parts from above... could be worth it. The 3 damage upside is really good.

Opiate

A lot of classes don't have good buff cards though, especially ones that can target one card.

Yep. I had asked for 3 mana drops that can be control oriented, and those can count. It helps priest tremendously, for instance.

But it's worthless to control warrior and handlock. No way to trigger their effect. They still have no 3 drop control card.

Really glad Blizzard chose to make those two Legendaries because the Divine Shield one, in particular, could have wrecked havoc in Arena. A good Priest draw with either PW:S or Velen's could easily see it going 3-1, or even better if spare parts are involved.

I'll definitely give Fjola a try in aggro-buff Paladin, where I've never been too sure of the 3-drop spot.

georly

Lightbane could be a good early drop for warrior actually, hit it with inner rage, gain divine shield. pretty big threat.

Decks build around spare parts can make them work too but they would come too late. Mage can't really use these even there.

Darkbane could work like a even more powerful flamewaker for priest, it can do like 3x3 damage in one turn. shield/shield/circle of healing.

wouldn't shield go up first and just prevent the 1 damage?

V-Faction

Ancestral Healing hype! 0-cost buff = Turn 3 Divine Shield or Turn 3 Fire Elemental.

Then, on top of that, Windfury, Rock Biter, and Ancestral Spirit for the 2-mana tango.

And if you run Mech Shaman, Spare parts.

Depends on how it works. I have a feeling what will happen is the spell starts, she'll get the shield, then Inner Rage will go off breaking it. She'll still get the +2 though.

V-Faction

If it's like Dragonkin Sorcerer, the effect will proc before the spell goes off. So Divine Shield would be useless, but the damage effect could be useful.

Mirimar

If I'm reading that correctly, Eydis has a randomly targeted 3 dmg, including face damage? Would be too strong if the damage could be directed.

zoukka

Eydis is insane if you ever get her early out and remove a minion with the ability.

That said a vanilla 3/4 is really weak for 3 mana in current meta so I don't know how useful they will be until we see how much the meta changes.

Heropon

2-3 in arena with a Paladin deck with equality + consecration, 2 shielded minibots and two truesilvers because the the game paired me with crazy people like a warrior that I couldn't touch because of his Warsong Commander and a bunch of three attack minions or a Mage that went face and worked. Zero money gained and the pack was terrible. FUCK THIS GAME.

The more I think about eydis, the better it becomes in my eyes. If it finds the right deck, it will be very good imo.

Eydis is insane if you ever get her early out and remove a minion with the ability.

That said a vanilla 3/4 is really weak for 3 mana in current meta so I don't know how useful they will be until we see how much the meta changes.

Except this eydis is a 3/4 you must remove or you can be punished quite hard, especially as an aggro deck. It could read taunt in the early game. And in the mid game you're much more likely to have an immediate impact. On a turn it survives, it is highly likely to remove 2 minions and survive since zero 2 drops that are being played have 4 attacks.

There are removal or certain card combinations like abusive sergeant which make it removeable, but that is still less damage towards face on those turns, and forcing an aggro player to trade is always a small victory that can end up winning the game in the end.

Cat Party

Have we already discussed the synergy with Majordomo and these hero power buffs? You could feasibly fire off 10 Rag hero powers on a single turn with coldarra Drake and maiden of the lake. Could be fun to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom