• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This nerf will help midrange pally a lot so I don't like them propelling the face druid so much. Any fel reaver deck basically autoloses to peacekeeper, that's why I liked to see the one week they shot the reaver mech mage deck up there since everyone just jumped right to it. Farming wins.

Dahbomb

This nerf will help midrange pally a lot so I don't like them propelling the face druid so much. Any fel reaver deck basically autoloses to peacekeeper, that's why I liked to see the one week they shot the reaver mech mage deck up there since everyone just jumped right to it. Farming wins.
They stated in the explanation that they expect Midrange Paladin to rise a lot after the nerf. They also expect Mage to rise a lot because Paladin will rise and they expect Mage will be strong as the counter to the class.

Also this snapshot is what it looks like right now not what it will look after the Patron nerf... otherwise Patron wouldn't occupy the best deck slot.

Druid can just silence the reaver, go back to an 8/8 with no downside

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
They stated in the explanation that they expect Midrange Paladin to rise a lot after the nerf. They also expect Mage to rise a lot because Paladin will rise and they expect Mage will be strong as the counter to the class.

Also this snapshot is what it looks like right now not what it will look after the Patron nerf... otherwise Patron wouldn't occupy the best deck slot.

It does, but specifially under the aggro druid it says

"When the Warsong Commander patch goes live expect to see a rise in Secret Paladin, a favorable match-up for Aggro Druid, which will make this deck even more powerful."

But nothing about midrange, and it has the matchup at 50/50. Under midrange it says

"As Patron sees its last week on the ladder, we expect to see a fair bit of it, but aside from the Patron match-up we see Mid-Range Paladin being a very strong deck. It beats Aggro Druid with ease; you can keep up with its early game, deal with Fel Reavers without an issue, and heal when needed."

...yet also has it as a 50/50 when it isn't. It's like it says that but wasn't really considered in the rank.

There's certainly going to be a lot happening with stuff like mage rising like you said, but this specific thing seems weirdly done.

Druid can just silence the reaver, go back to an 8/8 with no downside

It's true that they have double keeper for this, but from my experience the deck doesn't tend to have many cards in hand and that isn't a card they would keep in the mulligan phase. Though even in those instances, pally also runs BGH and equality which handle it. From what I've seen the match isn't even close since pally also can have super aggressive starts.

Dahbomb

You should take the match up chart they post with a grain of salt. Especially those related to the Secret Paladin deck as that one has a few variations to it.

Legend with tempo mage... feels good man.

My first final boss getting into legend was thegwalls playing a revenge patron warrior deck. What a cockblocker.

Then tonight I went on a four win streak and my final boss was a feign death hunter... lol.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_10_18_15_02_16_29.jpg

I probably would have hit legend 3 days ago if I just stuck with it. I just got annoyed after losing to gwalls and then bounced between 2 wins away and 4 wins away for like 2 hours and then decided to take a break for a day or two. That worked out.

Danj

How often are you supposed to get legendaries out of packs? Is it still 1 every 20 or did they change it? It feels like it's been months since I saw one.

Better to play the tavern brawl. If you don't get something broken on the first two turns, concede.

You'll get the wins pretty quickly.

turn 1 emperor, concede

turn 5 1 mana holy nova, concede

turn 3 1 mana paletress getting me a 7/7 with board control already, concede

3 of the fastest games I ever had today. Just mulligan for 4-5 mana cards and hope they are cheap.

Fuck me, I finally open a pack with a Legendary and it's Bloodmage Thalnos again.

I just checked, I've only ever drawn 7 Legendary cards on Classic packs: 3 of them were Bloodmage Thalnos and 2 were Tirion Fordring. I could use some variety here, rather than having to craft shit.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
people who rope in this brawl are the worst fucking scum.
All ropers are scum except the ones who rope right before inevitable death. Those tears are super satisfying to me.

bjaelke

Had the pleasure of facing all 9 classes in my first 10 arena games this morning. Think that's a first for me in well over 1k games.

Pooya

Reynad should visit tempostorm.com, become legendary.

savjz has this in the bag, turns out good old zoo is still the best.

Zoggy

so i got an arena pack and got eadric the pure, my first legendary in a pack since TGT launched.

feeling lucky so i ended up buying 7 packs and got a golden paletress.

should i keep going?

2 legendaries in 8 packs is pushing your luck. One of them being a golden Paletress is a fantastic return. I'd consider getting a lotto ticket this week if I were you.

More like getting comfortable with the fact that the next 30 packs won't have a legendary.

HNdVSq4.jpg

breh what should i craft after dusting that garbage icehowl

already have boom, sylvanas, and antonidas. thinking about ysera ragnaros or justicar

Haunted

All ropers are scum except the ones who rope right before inevitable death. Those tears are super satisfying to me.
I've won several games by just letting the game sit and hovering over a couple things during my last turn with no way to kill the opponent.

The trick is to keep some cards and mana so they think you have lethal and just want to bm.

Xanathus

Kinda surprising that they're all at or nearly at Legend when they couldn't make it last time. I wonder what the difference was this round.

Haunted

HNdVSq4.jpg

breh what should i craft after dusting that garbage icehowl

already have boom, sylvanas, and antonidas. thinking about ysera ragnaros or justicar
noice

If you like Mage, you could always go for Rhonin, great synergy with Antonidas.

Personally, I'd definitely go for a strong neutral. Justicar is the one I had the most fun with recently, but I'd say pound for pound, Ysera is the strongest legendary in the game if you like playing control.

Kinda surprising that they're all at or nearly at Legend when they couldn't make it last time. I wonder what the difference was this round.
Wasn't it earlier in the season last time? Always harder to climb early.

Xanathus

Wasn't it earlier in the season last time? Always harder to climb early.

There's actually not much difference in difficulty over time at ranks 5 to Legend because at that ranks everyone is just playing try-hard decks. I guess it was much faster at the 25 - 10 ranks and that was the key difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom