• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

The captain left treasure for EVERYONE, but mostly for you! Each turn, open a chest of three random cards and choose one to put in your hand!

The captain left treasure for EVERYONE, but mostly for you! Each turn, open a chest of three random cards and choose one to put in your hand!

Are they totally random? Not class based? Can I get Rogue cards as Paladin?

If so, cool

That's really the only way to have a brawl without the class cards being bound to 1 class or else you would get guaranteed bullshit OTKs

ViviOggi

I've been playing Hearthstone for about a month (F2P) and I'm sitting on about 1500 gold. Got all jobs to 10, won 100 matches etc., so most of the early quests are out of the way. I just recently got Mage to level 20, so I might finally get some packs through Tavern Brawl if it's one where you don't have to use your own cards. >_>

I've probably read more about the game than I've played, so I know the Naxx/BRM expansions are really inefficient to buy with gold, but my decks suck since they're mostly basic cards. I'm not opposed to buying the adventures with real money, but I'm not fond of the idea because I was already feeling the IAP pressure a couple weeks ago when quests became really grindy. If I buy the adventures now so I can make some Zoolock/Face Hunter decks and finally progress in constructed, how long until I feel like I need to IAP to catch up to the meta again? Plus I'm kind of holding out to see if Blizzard will lower the price or make a bundle or something when the next adventure arrives.

I don't really play any one class, just whatever's necessary for quests. I made it to rank 18 in constructed and quickly lost my way back to rank 20. I know about rerolling my quests, but the higher gold ones are torture. Win 5 games with Priest or Warlock? Fuck me. I win maybe 1 in 3 matches and only play about 5-7 matches a day, so grinding the quests is very slow-going; even at rank 20 I'm dealing with Dr. Boom and today I got my first taste of (not really aggro) Druid using double Savage Roar on his 3 minions and killing me from ~25 HP. :(

So what's the best bang for my buck? I'm considering just throwing all my gold at arena and at least getting some card packs to make my constructed decks a little better. I've only done arena once (the free trial run) and went 3-3 with Mage and a mediocre draft (didn't use heartharena - YOLO). I don't know all the cards by heart, but I understand some of the card synergies and I'm not really learning anything by playing my raptors and crocolisks ad nauseam in constructed. It seems like I should just throw myself into the deep end and play arena? Or should I grind gold for another 6 weeks to get the the first 4 Naxx wings and the first wing of BRM?

TL;DR It's basically impossible to be a F2P player if you didn't start the game at launch. Halp!
Yeah I'd just throw myself at arena for the time being. It's the only worthwhile mode right now anyway.

johnsmith

remember me
The world champion didn't make it to the championship

7zLq8Ny.jpg

zoukka

Well patron used to win games without frothing so that part of the deck is just as strong as before. Turn 5 patron, inner rage, weapon break can end the game against many decks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dreadsteed semi OP in Arena.

Everyone goes fucking Paly and its an eternal removal for all of their bullshit 1/1 minions.

Disclaimer: I'm far from expert so take this advice at your own risk.

As you want to play all classes use your gold on the first two wings of Naxx as that will give you some of the best cards in the game that will help you fill at least five slots in any deck. You won't need any more adventure wings for a while after that.

Then if this weeks tavern brawl is suitable use it to rebuild your gold reserves, you may not know that you can re-roll one quest a day so you can focus on those that offer 50 or 60 gold. If it's an unsuitable brawl do the same in constructed although that will be harder.

Once the brawl is shut try arena if you think you can get at least three wins the majority of the time, try to combine each run with a daily quest to keep your gold levels topped up. If arena proves too hard switch to buying packs. Hopefully by Wednesday you'd have got a few arena runs in, the next brawl will be open and you can start the process over again.

You should also have a fair bit of dust by then, people differ on how to spend it. Many say never craft a common but I think crafting a couple of the best neutral commons is a good idea, especially Piloted Shredder and Ironbeak owl (knife juggler is rare but I'd recommend that next).

So depending on your luck with pack opening you should have at least 10 neutral cards better than what you have now which should make things easier. The odd bad quest, pack, brawl or 0 win arena run will get in the way but those are the breaks.

I would say i average like 3 to 5 wins in arena then i started using heartharena and recently been getting around 6 to 8 with a few 12 wins.

If you're going to do arena might want to check them out.

Ladekabel

Brawl is up and it's Webspinner brawl. Did my game and got my pack. And man, I've been getting legendaries from my brawlpacks, it is amazing. First one I got was Cairne a few weeks after brawls started, then got Nosdusto a little bit later, shortly after that a golden Velen (which became Dr. Boom, since I had the regular card), then came Ragnaros, Malygos two weeks ago and now I opened Captain Greenskin.

Sure it aren't the legendaries I want and need like Sylvanas or Ysera, but their legendaries nonetheless. And it is a nice feeling opening one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom