• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Charged Hammer ... legit cool.
Man... they were saving up the good cards for Gamescom

Cqk5maA.png

GAqiu2z.png

gutshot

Wonder what happens when you play Justicar Trueheart after getting the Jolt hero power? Do you lose Jolt and gain Totemic Slam?

Pooya

Face shaman could very well work, you spam totems in the opening. Play this weapon. End it with your hero power like face hunter, it's two damage to any thing too, it's like a powered up mage hero power, it's very good. Of course if it breaks by Harrison soon you're screwed, but still a really cool card.

Wonder what happens when you play Justicar Trueheart after getting the Jolt hero power? Do you lose Jolt and gain Totemic Slam?

Doesn't do anything, Justicar works only on basic hero power.

Cat Party

Now you don't need to run mechs to use weapons as shaman. Nice. Or you can use the powermace to trigger the deathrattle.

What happens when this comes out of Blingtron?

inky

Didn't even realize it was 4 durability. (thought it was 2 as of my last comment).

Not a fan.
Which probably means it will be amazeballs or something.

I believe he said Justicar only works with basic hero powers, so nothing will happen. However, I'd guess the weapon will replace any hero power, improved or not

Pooya

You can break your own weapon, it's not exactly slow.

edit: beaten, you could put two of these in your deck or Doomhammer even.

edit2: 3/3 charge for 2. that's good, no we need more dragons...

Minsc

Gold Member
Wonder how long til we get our first video of a Doomguard hitting face for 13 on turn 5, nice warlock card.

Shaman weapon could be interesting if you break it yourself too, you could swing, then equip another weapon and also be able to deal 2 damage, and have previously made a totem. I doubt that'll ever really work out.

But at least it's Ooze resilient I guess, if they Ooze it you clear away the 3/2 with your hero power and have decent board presence afterwards.

Dahbomb

I pretty much like all the new cards revealed today.

They aren't shitty versions of already existing cards for one. And even the cards that probably will never get used are at least interesting.

inky

You can break your own weapon, it's not exactly slow.

No, but you are fucked on tempo. 4 mana for 2 damage might be something you might not come back from. And you lose out on totems. Depends on the other weapon you have next turn, but on average together with your new hero power that would only make up for 4 damage next turn, and it comes at a new mana cost.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
just need some shaman card drawww.

although manatide will probably be more playable in the new meta

Did you forget about the 2 mana 2 overload Draw 2 card that was revealed?

I think people are really down on that card as being awful when it is certainly not great, but totally playable at a later turn.

Pooya

c'mon blizzard print more neutral dragons, only one so far and it's a big drop mage class card.

No, but you are fucked on tempo. 4 mana for 2 damage might be something you might not come back from. And you lose out on totems. Depends on the other weapon you have next turn, but on average together with your new hero power that would only make up for 4 damage next turn, and it comes at a new mana cost.

This card is obviously a finisher for late game after you set up your totems, not for tempo.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I don't think 2 power weapons are really enough anymore so charged hammer seems eh. So its really more of a question if inspire cards can make shadowform good enough.

Warrior charging minion is great in a dragon deck and nowhere else.

Fist of Jaraxxus is... interesting. Not good right now but worth paying attention to.

I love warhorse training. I think you play that in a justicar deck where you are summong 2 recruits every turn.

roots/flash heal seem ok. Not amazing, not sure if they'll see any play.

Minsc

Gold Member

4 Mana for 4 damage, assuming you play the 2/4 weapon, swing, and swing again on your next turn before breaking it, and you could also get another 2 damage in at that point from the hero power. So 6 mana for 6 damage I guess.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
"Hello, my name is <unpronounceable european name>"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Charge Hammer takes too long to go active for my taste.

At least Shadowform is immediate and Auchenai Soulpriest is a body. Same for that Hunter guy.

I guess Blizzard is thinking Shamans will Charged Hammer T4 and Doomhammer T5.

Phawx

At least Shadowform is immediate and Auchenai Soulpriest is a body. Same for that Hunter guy.

I guess Blizzard is thinking Shamans will Charged Hammer T4 and Doomhammer T5.

Or you could have a slow burn to finish off your totem-game.

inky

4 Mana for 4 damage, assuming you play the 2/4 weapon, swing, and swing again on your next turn before breaking it, and you could also get another 2 damage in at that point from the hero power. So 6 mana for 6 damage I guess.

Right, that's what I said on average 4 damage, assuming all of that happens. We can also assume you won't get that chance, for example, if you break it with Doomhammer or need to play anything else. If not I don't think we should count all or any of the Deathrattle effect damage after that as part of it.

This card is obviously a finisher for late game after you set up your totems, not for tempo.

I'm not sure it's so obviously about that. We'll see. Just feels like a different flavor of Shadowform to me.

FeD.nL

I guess Blizzard is thinking Shamans will Charged Hammer T4 and Doomhammer Blingtron T5.

Fixed that.
jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom