• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

It wouldn't be run in most Rogue decks. They don't run many high cost minions and when you're hitting minions with your weapon, you'll likely need the extra health so the high possibility of it not activating isn't acceptable.

You're probably right.

If they could reliably get the joust, it would be stupid broken, but current combo decks can't guarantee it.

Raxus

I need a friend on my EU account for the spectate quest.

Anyone willing to help?

EURaxus#2448

As far as joust goes there are only a handful of minions that make the risk worth it and most of them have good stats to begin with or a broken effect.

Master and Tuskarr Jouster being my faves. I will need to see the rest of the set to come to a decision on jousting in general but so far it is way too slow in a really fast meta to be effective.

Raxus

am I not supposed to get a card pack when I finish the tutorial? I won against Illidan but didn't get any. :mad:

Defeating Illidan unlocks the basic set. That's it.

IIRC you get 1 free arena run, 100 gold for getting all heroes to 10 and 300 gold for defeating all the expert opponents.

Copenap

Afaik you also get a pack, I'm not sure if it's triggered by defeating Illidan though.

Edit: I might confuse it with the 100 gold.

Hey all, I just got a quest to watch someone win a game. Only problem is I don't have any friends who play Hearthstone. Can anyone help me out? My bnet is Loswer1383, in the Americas. It would be much appreciated!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Since it's the same wording as Wild Growth I assumed it drew you a card if played on turn 10 which would make up for that?

I highly, highly doubt that. Wild Growth draws at card at 10 mana because otherwise it's a completely dead card at that point. With Darnassass Aspirant you still have a 2/3.

Pooya

just got rekt by a priest because of my own assumption that if I kill a dark cultist with my death's bite, that one health minions is going to die first then dark cultist's death rattle wouldn't go anywhere. Yeah, Dark Cultist was played after my Death's Bite obviously. Meh. I don't have much experience playing warrior, I guess lesson learned.

Santiako

So this is my deck (the one I've been having most success with), any pointers? The card I'm least convinced about is Piloted Sky Golem, but I lack any other fitting big guys I think.

IouzNix.png

Xanathus

So this is my deck (the one I've been having most success with), any pointers? The card I'm least convinced about is Piloted Sky Golem, but I lack any other fitting big guys I think.

IouzNix.png

Well you're obviously missing Antonidas, and you should cut out Unstable Portal if you're not running Mana Wyrms or Flamewaker. I'd try to fit in Mad Scientists and Mirror Entity and possibly Counterspell in there.

I would probably cut the Fel Reavers for a Flamestrike and maybe a Mech Yeti.

Would cut Tinkertown for a Mirror Entity if you are not running Antonidas.

Pooya

IouzNix.png

Have echo of medivh or Kel'Thuzad? they could mitigate the disaster in case fel reaver play goes wrong.

I assume you don't have Antonidas. YOur deck is pretty much this

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/legendary-mage-fel-reaver-mech-gvg-deck

-----------------------

Edit: I take it Fist of Jaraxxus and Fel Reaver can work together right? hmm

Santiako

I'd love to put Antonidas, but I don't have him. I hadn't even though of Mana Wyrms, I'll try them. I tried with 2xMad Scientists and 2xMirror Entity, but they only slowed me down, I swapped them for 2xOwls (mostly for taunts) and 2xPortals (which I could definitely take out, sometimes they do nothing).

Kel'Thuzad sounds interesting if a little expensive, I'll try to swap him in for the Piloted Sky Golem.

Fel Reavers give me the most wins, no way I'm cutting them lol

Pooya

Three game with patron, I draw my entire deck, Emperor was at the very bottom. The combo is so bad without him.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How's everyone doing on gold and dust? I've been saving up everything since they announced the expansion.

I'm currently at 2435 gold and 1975 dust (been saving dust for far longer).

I pre-ordered too, so that's gonna be a fun day, opening like 80+ packs.

I'm at like 21XX gold wise.

Gonna ball so hard when it drops!

Dahbomb

Some of the strongest and most common decks I see in ranked: aggro Paladin, aggro Warlock, aggro Hunter, mech Mage. And for some reason people think Joust will be bad.
Depends on which rank you are at. It gets more control heavy in the 5-r range but 20-10 is very aggro heavy.

Dahbomb

Too broken?

qmTYbg3.png

I'm in a major card-making mood again.
It sucks because it's one mana higher than Arcanite Reaper and you need to use hero power to put it on the same level as Arcanite Reaper.

184px-Arcanite_Reaper(182).png

And Arcanite Reaper gets no use because of Death's Bite.

Finalow

Defeating Illidan unlocks the basic set. That's it.

IIRC you get 1 free arena run, 100 gold for getting all heroes to 10 and 300 gold for defeating all the expert opponents.
yeah I only got the basic set.
I got 3 packs and some gold from doing some random stuff, also defeating the expert opponents sadly gives you only 100 gold.

Tacitus_

It sucks because it's one mana higher than Arcanite Reaper and you need to use hero power to put it on the same level as Arcanite Reaper.

It would be a permanent arcanite reaper for control warriors. Would be broken as hell if the meta slows down.

IceMarker

Probably not. You'd need to proc the hero power twice to make it better than the warrior 5 mana 5-2 weapon, and even then you have to pay a lot of mana for it.
Like a really, really bad Gorehowl.

Yikes! Okay, minor buff it is then!

RwJAPnR.png

Also to go with that I visually polished my Turalyon card from over a year ago and made a new Paladin spell. [New Album] [Old Album]

n0tYtCE.png
MOS36hU.png

manhack

Fel Reavers give me the most wins, no way I'm cutting them lol

I understand why they are suggesting to use secrets and get rid of fel reavers and unstable portals, but I disagree with them and agree with you.

Fel Reaver and Unstable Portals won me so many games it's not even funny. If you get a Fel Reaver out and they don't remove it or set up a serious taunt wall, you just win. Kind of like the Highmane rule for hunter, if you hit face with Fel Reaver you win, because the next comes fireballs, frostbolt, leeroy, etc. And the best was watching someone mill most of my deck and the last 2 or 3 card were still solid enough to end the game anyway.

Also, having no secrets was amazing because you could see opponents holding their kezan mystics in hand just waiting for a secret to come and it never does. By the time they drop it out of desperation, it is too late.

I ran a similar list to rank 2 very quickly in June.

This list has Blingtron, Leeroy Jenkins and Antonidas. It struggled against zoo, but absolutely destroyed warrior or anything that didn't fight for the board by turn 3.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/259975-early-legend-countess-legendary-mech-mage

I've been having luck with this Hunter deck, but it seems pretty outdated unfortunately and I'm sure it's gonna catch up to me. Any suggestions to improve it?

Cut the Flares for a Glaivezooka and a Kezan, maybe?

I'd also consider swapping Tracking for a Hunter's Mark, to get rid of really big threats/taunts. Or Quick Shot if you want draw and for Scumbag Hunter dream wins.

johnsmith

remember me
Having a real tough time beating shaman with aggro paladin.

This matchup should be close to unloseable for you. I seriously didn't lose a single game while grinding to 500 against the dozen or so shaman I faced. Just don't overextend into a lightning storm, and try to preserve your divine shields and trade away your unshielded minions instead if you have to trade. After the first lightnings storm go HAM as they almost never have a 2nd one. Helps that nobody is running feral spirits right now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cool card. I'd like to see what people do with it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This is the weirdest card I've ever seen.

You kind of have to build a deck around it but you can't build the deck around it TOO MUCH because you might not even draw it when you want to. I guess you put this into some kind of Ramp Druid that runs Double Nourish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom